• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Another question. Do you think the flip warrants a 180 degree read change too? I don't think so.
He went to scum when he tried to pull his "think of my argument for me" crap. Then Bard flipped, that pushed him over the edge. I'll elaborate+look at bard defense when I'm not on mobile.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Thats not a fair question because anything i view is gonna be tainted by the fact i know I'm town and the only things ive really done is have a slow d1/d2 when military **** kicked up.
You lack imagination.

You could have said, 'I was against rake lynch' or 'I supported bardl lync' (the latter is not true IIRC)

Your antagonistic attitude towards me plays more into scum imo.

Answer me this: Why did scum kill zaixl?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Also, the risk and reward of considering a bus between tako and BarD ATM is not in our favor. If it's not a bus and we mislynch, we lose a blue role. If it is a bus we keep a blue role and lynch into the other Mafia anyway. Claims also have a tendency to solve themselves over time anyway.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You lack imagination.

You could have said, 'I was against rake lynch' or 'I supported bardl lync' (the latter is not true IIRC)

The **** should i know? Possibly trying to snipe prs in the quiter players, possibly to kill a more townregarded player.
Also
Funny how when i get antagonistic its scummy but you can be a **** to people as much as youd like early yesterday without any consequences

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The **** should i know? Possibly trying to snipe prs in the quiter players, possibly to kill a more townregarded player.
Also
Funny how when i get antagonistic its scummy but you can be a **** to people as much as youd like early yesterday without any consequences
Your inability to think like scum is even more damning.

The obvious night kill was maven, I think it's unanimous that he is currently the most obvious town. The fact that they didn't NK him tells us that scum are afraid of doc, to prevent one of their precious NKs to be wasted.

Here's the situation as I see it.

The most obvious scenario would be that orbo/generic is scum team. However, the fact that they killed zaixl tells me that scum team is quite tricky; they have a keen understanding of WIFOU and went with a safe option to kill (as zaixl was highly unlikely to be protected). This makes me reconsider that orbo/generic is a scum team, so I want to dig further.

Quite a dilemma

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Also, I know that the above logic makes it more likely that I'm scum, but it was still more important for everyone to be on the same page here.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace

The obvious night kill was maven, I think it's unanimous that he is currently the most obvious town. The fact that they didn't NK him tells us that scum are afraid of doc, to prevent one of their precious NKs to be wasted.

The most obvious scenario would be that orbo/generic is scum team. However, the fact that they killed zaixl tells me that scum team is quite tricky; they have a keen understanding of WIFOU and went with a safe option to kill (as zaixl was highly unlikely to be protected). This makes me reconsider that orbo/generic is a scum team, so I want to dig further.

Quite a dilemma
If you are blue you would be the first target. Maven was a relative unknown prior to night as well.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Quite a dilemma
you asked me why i think zaix was killed, not why i thought maven wasnt or who inl would have shot. Two entirely different questions.
Also
Stop lecturing me like i don't know how to play, ive been playing here much longer than you have. I know how nks work and what the optimal situation is

sneakytako

Smash Lord
IDK, there still seemed enough lingering doubt to push towards maven. If I was say koopa and I was a doc, I would have protected maven no question.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
you asked me why i think zaix was killed, not why i thought maven wasnt or who inl would have shot. Two entirely different questions.
Also
Stop lecturing me like i don't know how to play, ive been playing here much longer than you have. I know how nks work and what the optimal situation is
Quit taking it personally, you're not helping town.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Also, my answer does address why zaixl was NKed, which was the original question.

Orbo was my original target for day 3 if rake flipped town. So I REALLLLY want to push on him. Decisions decisions.

Orboknown Orboknown How do you feel about generic? From your perspective he is mostly parroting your posts am I wrong?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Also I can't believe you would pull the 'I've played on smashboards d games longer' card

Show me your skillzorz. Either prove that I'm scum, or scum hunt someone else.

At this point, all you have is a bus conspiracy theory, me being a self proclaimed asshole, and me pushing rake lynch.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
In one or two more days, scum wins.
Then what are you going to do? Start a push on the potential blue role?

To be frank, I'm quite tired of having to act like a semi-town leader and stir up **** for some discussion. And when I do, all of you just seek to tear it down rather than providing solid arguments otherwise. If I hadn't posted you all would have likely sat there doing nothing and handing Mafia the win on a silver platter. No. Do something or at least provide some reasonable analysis than being a smartass.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
lylo is in 2 days, which would have been the scenario if bardul flipped town day 1.

We're not in that bad of shape, but this is an important day.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Also, my answer does address why zaixl was NKed, which was the original question.

Orbo was my original target for day 3 if rake flipped town. So I REALLLLY want to push on him. Decisions decisions.

Orboknown Orboknown How do you feel about generic? From your perspective he is mostly parroting your posts am I wrong?
generic should post his own stuff. I agree with that, however hes also posted in the other game that hes busy as **** right now and ive been in that sitch before. Ill see what he posts when ye gets here rhis afternoon
Also I can't believe you would pull the 'I've played on smashboards d games longer' card

Show me your skillzorz. Either prove that I'm scum, or scum hunt someone else.

At this point, all you have is a bus conspiracy theory, me being a self proclaimed *******, and me pushing rake lynch.
If you weren't implying i was inept by telling me what mafia should have done i wouldnt yave had to. But corcular point is circular and we dont beed to be in about that right now.
Plus
Threads been open 24 hours. Ill branch out trust me

Orboknown

Smash Hero
A thought occured.

Orboknown Orboknown Why are you so critical of me being an *******, when clearly you have no issue with rake being abrasive in your 55?
Rakes abrasive because of who he is. He does that regardless of thread position or phrase of the game. You started that **** after d1 and your bardull shenanigans which rubs me wrong

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Alright, we are getting out of hand here.

We all need to stop posting, calm down, and come back with rational discussion.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Interesting.

How do you feel about this discussion? Do you think I'm more scum because I made you make a case about how there's probably no doc?

In my mind, this effective makes you more town, because in your eyes you would either kill maven or convince the other scum to kill maven. (or me I GUESS)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Yeah i rethunk it a bit and having jerfed doc/nerfed invest in lieu of counters to both (unless mafias rocking a ninja)
Means yer prolly town and im overreacting

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
The thing is moosey, I actually think Generic might not be scum.

Consider it this way.

If generic is scum, then there's only one scum left. The simplest play for scum here is to lynch either koopa or orbo; I think they have the weakest town plays, and would be easiest to create a case.

If generic is scum, he has to be confident that he can convince at least 3 more town that I'm scum, and I'm confident that there's not enough evidence to make this play.

Either way it's a bad play, town or scum.
Zaixl was being universally town read other than me. It would make sense to kill a universally read town player to the expense of a newbie's tunnel.

I'm just going to put pressure on TheKingofKoopas and look at the game later.

Vote: TheKingofKoopas
... No comment

This
ffs that isn't a thing you can do. You are asking people to make your arguments for you when, insofar, you actually have none. I'm pretty sure Rake is town, and your "Hmm, maybe I can trick them into thinking up an argument against this person for me" shtick is bull, and I'm calling you on it.

Vote: Sneakytako

Post yer damn arguments or we lynch you. And if we don't lynch you, we lynch rake, he flips town, and then we lynch you and your bs.
Aight. So, no, I didn't/don't think he's scum, and I wasn't actually aiming to lynch him with the vote. I wasn't actually as upset as I sounded, either. I wanted to see how he reacted.

He's, mmm, 75% town, the 25% coming from his bardul shenanigans and his whole confirmation bias/make my arguments for me schtick.
Is when he went from definitely town to maybe town.

And the flip is when he went from maybe town to probably scum.
What has Tako accomplished this game?

-When Bardul was going to be lynched anyway, he filled about a page of the thread with a staged fight.
-He then used this to pose as a confirmed townie
-He used his so-called confirmed townie status to lynch not only a townie, but one of the better players.
-Today, he hopes to continue his confirmed townie-ness to lynch... You guessed it! Another townie.

When they realized bard was gonna die anyways, they went all in with the bussing to get as much out of it as possible.

Regardless, he has not been held accountable for anything/has not been put under any real pressure this game. I aim to change that.
...and this is why.

Y'all need to use your brains and actually read my posts.
Let me spell this out for you.

BarD vs sneakytako situation:
- BarD claims with little specifics
- sneakytako claims with specifics and lays a trap (this is unlikely to be busing because it's so outlandish to call this much attention to yourself for something that you can be super discrete with)
- Generic disbelieves tako and pushes for a wagon on him.

Post-BarD flip:
- Generic says sneakytako is "pretty much confirmed town" and asks him whether he'll continue with his Rake scumread.
- sneakytako comes into thread, acts like a ****, and continues with his Rake scumread.
- Different people hammer Rake.

Post-Rake flip:
- Generic is being antagonistic towards tako and wants to lynch him here.

Generic's read switches with little reason: scumread ---> confirmed town ---> scumread.
This an an entirely inaccurate straw man. See above.

You're thinking way too much. The game should be kept simple for at least one or two more days before we apply tinfoil IF we're not going anywhere.
We shouldn't differentiate between tinfoil mode and normal mode. We should always simply shoot at what seems to be true.

You lack imagination.

Oh, yes, I agree. Antagonistic attitude definitely points scum. Now, if you go back and read day two with the knowledge Rake is town, assuming you possess the mental capacity, I think you'll see it's quite obvious who's scum based off of attitudes. :troll:

Tako, D2 you used NK analysis that Gheb was on the right track to lynch Rake. Why not now claim that Zax was on the right track to lynch Orbo? I read town on Orbo, but it seems like the kind of thing you'd do.

Now, then. On to Rake defense.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Am I the only one unconvinced by generic?

I mean, I clearly stated that I knew I was playing scummy, because I was pretty much confirmed town. Also my reasoning for playing antagonistic should be pretty solid, only scum should have been upset day 2.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Am I the only one unconvinced by generic?

I mean, I clearly stated that I knew I was playing scummy, because I was pretty much confirmed town. Also my reasoning for playing antagonistic should be pretty solid, only scum should have been upset day 2.
It is a naturally human reaction to someone being an asshole to be annoyed. Not exclusively scum.

Additionally, you can't just say you're playing scummy but it's not actually scummy because you're not scum. Aint how it works, friend.

Top Bottom