• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Some basic process of elimination.

I believe RadicalRat and Maven are town. Radical for our **** town squabble earlier and Maven for pointing out things that no one else noticed.

This leaves us with a lynch list of tako/GenericHandle/Koopa/Orbo.

If we’re to believe tako’s claim and his night action then Koopa is temporarily cleared taking them both out of the lynch list.

Which means we can kill Orbo/GenericHandle. Out of the two, I'm more leaning onto Generic.

GenericHandle, if you're around please explain why you're going hard onto tako right now.
What has Tako accomplished this game?

-When Bardul was going to be lynched anyway, he filled about a page of the thread with a staged fight.
-He then used this to pose as a confirmed townie
-He used his so-called confirmed townie status to lynch not only a townie, but one of the better players.
-Today, he hopes to continue his confirmed townie-ness to lynch... You guessed it! Another townie.

When they realized bard was gonna die anyways, they went all in with the bussing to get as much out of it as possible.

Regardless, he has not been held accountable for anything/has not been put under any real pressure this game. I aim to change that.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Oh... Yeah I forgot Koopa existed. If we get to thursday irl and he still hasn't said anything of significance, that's where my vote's going.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
*Looks at Moosy*
*Looks at flip*
*Looks back at Moosy*
Wauw.
I'll be watching, so don't go and kill yourselves, mkay?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Your lynch list is too big.

There are two scum left, and you have twice that on your lynch list. That's just inviting an easy mislynch.

I'd put Tako and Koopa on mine.

Generic seems iffy, as do you, but Koopa's silence is REALLY scary, and I've already given my thoughts on Sneaky.

Orbo and Maven feel Town, with you and Generic as nullscum
The rest of my post says I have Orbo/Generic as my lynches right now. I don't really understand role intricacies so I guess I'll just sheep whatever you guys say about Koopa being cleared or not. ofc this is on the basis that tako is blue.

I mean, my main beef with Orbo right now is that he hasn't really contributed anything spectacular much like Generic. His tone does lean town which is an okay read for D1 but as the game steadily progresses it becomes more and more bothering.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Generic, I'm curious as to what you thought of tako after the BarD flip. Not now, but what you thought then.
How does this help anything? It's irrelevant how our good friend Sneaky looked back when Bard first flipped, because we have more information and more reactions now.

Plus, hindsight bias will interfere with this. You're not going to be able to accurately recall reads in the past, because you view the past through the lens of the present.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
How does this help anything? It's irrelevant how our good friend Sneaky looked back when Bard first flipped, because we have more information and more reactions now.

Plus, hindsight bias will interfere with this. You're not going to be able to accurately recall reads in the past, because you view the past through the lens of the present.
No, it's relevant because I find a "nulltown" strange in relation to this:
Hmmm. Not unexpected.

tako is pretty much confirmed town in my book, as this makes his odd night tracker claim far more plausible.

Tako, with that in mind, do you still advocate a Rake lynch? Why or why not?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
If tako is "pretty much confirmed town" and Generic's question was answered because tako did go after Rake, where exactly did his read on tako change during the time in between? There should be nothing to change his read that drastically.

The only thing that really through people off was tako being a **** but that's WIFOM level at best.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to be very okay with a GenericHandle lynch for this day.
- Very lurky and not contributing much
- Initial person to put doubt on tako to get people to kill him (attempt to save BarD)
- weird read change on tako and trying to push him now
- unnecessarily antagonistic right now

Not to mention there is no reason to not believe tako's claim right now. There is little reason for tako to have bused BarD to that extent and call out so much attention to himself.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Generic reads Tako as scum NOW.

This means that when Generic looks back, his actions will look scummier than they did at the time.

While I do find a lot of his behavior questionable, primarily his aggressiveness, this isn't a fair point to hold against him.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Generic reads Tako as scum NOW.

This means that when Generic looks back, his actions will look scummier than they did at the time.

While I do find a lot of his behavior questionable, primarily his aggressiveness, this isn't a fair point to hold against him.
It's not about the timeline, it's about how he suddenly changed his read out of nowhere based on nothing.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Let me spell this out for you.

BarD vs sneakytako situation:
- BarD claims with little specifics
- sneakytako claims with specifics and lays a trap (this is unlikely to be busing because it's so outlandish to call this much attention to yourself for something that you can be super discrete with)
- Generic disbelieves tako and pushes for a wagon on him.

Post-BarD flip:
- Generic says sneakytako is "pretty much confirmed town" and asks him whether he'll continue with his Rake scumread.
- sneakytako comes into thread, acts like a ****, and continues with his Rake scumread.
- Different people hammer Rake.

Post-Rake flip:
- Generic is being antagonistic towards tako and wants to lynch him here.

Generic's read switches with little reason: scumread ---> confirmed town ---> scumread.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Did you really think he was scum at this post? I have real trouble trying to rationalize this vote

Also, Generic, care to elaborate on your defense of Bardull and why you assumed Sneaky was the liar at the end of Day 1? While I agree he's not 100% confirmed town, I'd put it at an 80% and really don't understand how you can rationalize voting him.

I also really hate you even suggested "lynch rake then you afterwards"
This post from Maven is gold as well.

Generic, post your defense of Rake now.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
There's also how Generic lied about reading tako as "nulltown" when he thought he was "pretty much confirmed town". A town lean is completely different from a confirmed town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Theres this thing called a flip that happened between, where the dude sneaky pushed hardest (eho i think scumread sneaky) flipped town.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Theres this thing called a flip that happened between, where the dude sneaky pushed hardest (eho i think scumread sneaky) flipped town.
Do you think the flip warrants a scumread on tako?

btw, this is also why I'm asking for his defense on Rake in order to analyze it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The thing is moosey, I actually think Generic might not be scum.

Consider it this way.

If generic is scum, then there's only one scum left. The simplest play for scum here is to lynch either koopa or orbo; I think they have the weakest town plays, and would be easiest to create a case.

If generic is scum, he has to be confident that he can convince at least 3 more town that I'm scum, and I'm confident that there's not enough evidence to make this play.

Either way it's a bad play, town or scum.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
The thing is moosey, I actually think Generic might not be scum.

Consider it this way.

If generic is scum, then there's only one scum left. The simplest play for scum here is to lynch either koopa or orbo; I think they have the weakest town plays, and would be easiest to create a case.

If generic is scum, he has to be confident that he can convince at least 3 more town that I'm scum, and I'm confident that there's not enough evidence to make this play.

Either way it's a bad play, town or scum.
Hm?
Oh... Yeah I forgot Koopa existed. If we get to thursday irl and he still hasn't said anything of significance, that's where my vote's going.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Another question. Do you think the flip warrants a 180 degree read change too? I don't think so.
It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I think this is him giving in to his frustration after being mad at me.

It's a 50/50 that generic is scum in my mind, I want to be a little more sure before I vote.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Do you think the flip warrants a scumread on tako?

btw, this is also why I'm asking for his defense on Rake in order to analyze it.
I'm definitely consideting it. That **** olayed put what too clean with all the wink wink nudge nudge bs and how conveniently that claim lined up.

From my perspective, all i've done is scum hunt.

I'm 1 for 2, not bad imo in a pool of 3 scum out of 11.
Bussing is a thing.
Another question. Do you think the flip warrants a 180 degree read change too? I don't think so.
I'm okay with it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
For reference.

Rake wagon was as follows. SneakyTako, RadRat, Zaixl, Maven, Orbo

Maven is the most town out of this group, orbo is the least town imo.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thats not saying kuch as you're really only comparing two people (me and rad, mavens pretty obvtown imo)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I want to make a case against obro, but at this point I feel anything I say might sound OMGUS. Gonna have to think about this one.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Orbo, do you seriously believe scum would bus in the most noticeable way possible with a claim, counter claim, and all the fanfare involved? That would just look worse lol.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
For reference.

Rake wagon was as follows. SneakyTako, RadRat, Zaixl, Maven, Orbo

Maven is the most town out of this group, orbo is the least town imo.
Standard analysis is that scum spread themselves out for the vote. Not hard to believe one was on the Rake wagon and one off. Or that Koopa is scum and the other is just elsewhere.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, do you seriously believe scum would bus in the most noticeable way possible with a claim, counter claim, and all the fanfare involved? That would just look worse lol.
Which is exactly why they would do it. Too obvscum to be scum is very much a way people think and ive done it before (reference the last couple games i played in as WATT)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Looking at the third person perspective, what actions have you done that make you seem town?
Thats not a fair question because anything i view is gonna be tainted by the fact i know I'm town and the only things ive really done is have a slow d1/d2 when military **** kicked up.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Which is exactly why they would do it. Too obvscum to be scum is very much a way people think and ive done it before (reference the last couple games i played in as WATT)
You're thinking way too much. The game should be kept simple for at least one or two more days before we apply tinfoil IF we're not going anywhere.

Top Bottom