• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I literally opened the thread to write in defense of rake.

I was too late!

ah, well...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
~Day 2 Vote-count Final~

1. Orboknown (0)
2. Zaixl
(1): MoosyDoosy
3. RadicalRat (0)
4. TheKingofKoopas (0)
5. sneakytako
(2): Rake, Generic
6. Maven89 (0)
7. *GenericHandle* (0)
8. MoosyDoosy (0)

9. Shun Goku Satsu Rake
(5): SneakyTako, RadRat, Zaixl, Maven, Orbo

Not Voting (1): Koopa

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to vanquish!
Deadline is set for Tuesday, 10/6 at 5:00pm MST

A lynch has been reached! Twilight until flip is posted

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What a glorious day for me, I can finally roam and kick butt for free.

Now with my arch nemesis dead, all of his friends will be filled with dread.

You all look like fools, seems like the winning side is my ghouls.

Poor, fat, stupid, bear. It was fun to see you in fear!

Rake, Banjo, Town Vanilla, has been vanquished!

Night phase will last till Wednesday,10/7 at Midnight MST! Night will end early if actions are sent sooner!​

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems my own lackey was dumb, so I beat him up until his was numb.

Thank you guys for finding this lunk, I hope he enjoys the nice acid dunk.

Such a coward to run away, he will never see another day.

I'm catching up on you twits, I wonder who will be next to get some hits.

Zaixl, Klungo, Town Vanilla, was vanquished by the cronies!

~Day 3 Vote-count 3.0~

1. Orboknown (0)
2. RadicalRat (0)
3. TheKingofKoopas (0)
4. sneakytako (0)
5. Maven89 (0)
6. *GenericHandle* (0)
7. MoosyDoosy (0)

Not Voting (7): Orbo, RadRat, Koopa, Sneaky, Maven, Generic, Moosy

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to vanquish!
Deadline is set for Sunday 10/11 at Midnight MST!

Maven89

Smash Master
Yes... You were...

Strange, isn't it?
After pursuing someone relentlessly for two days with little evidence, and being more or less ignored... Zaixl dies.

Someone tired of trying to lynch him, perhaps?

Vote: MoosyDoosy
I don't see how nightkilling Zaixl would benefit the mafia if Moosey was scum, that's just pointing a giant arrow at himself "I'm wrong I'm wrong"

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
To an extent this just makes the game easier as I probably would have tunneled Zaixl all day long. mmm...will look over people's posts in D1.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how nightkilling Zaixl would benefit the mafia if Moosey was scum, that's just pointing a giant arrow at himself "I'm wrong I'm wrong"
Well, Moosy clearly wanted him dead. No one was following his push. And now he gets Nightkilled.

Seems to me like the logical thing for a Moosy-free mafia to do would be supporting the wagon, then turning the suspicion onto Moosy when he flipped.

Now, even with Moosy in the Mafia it's not a very good play. But it's at least one with some visible motivation.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Well, Moosy clearly wanted him dead. No one was following his push. And now he gets Nightkilled.

Seems to me like the logical thing for a Moosy-free mafia to do would be supporting the wagon, then turning the suspicion onto Moosy when he flipped.

Now, even with Moosy in the Mafia it's not a very good play. But it's at least one with some visible motivation.
Zaixl was being universally town read other than me. It would make sense to kill a universally read town player to the expense of a newbie's tunnel.

I'm just going to put pressure on TheKingofKoopas and look at the game later.

Vote: TheKingofKoopas

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to put pressure on TheKingofKoopas and look at the game later.

Vote: TheKingofKoopas
Although I will say GenericHandle is worth looking into for this day.
If Moosy flips Mafia, consider either Koops or Generic as possible scum buddies. Leaning toward Generic, as that's the one Moosy decided NOT to vote. This smells like distancing to me.

Likewise, if either Generic or Koops flip Mafia, I'd consider Moosy a prime suspect for the last one.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I targeted koopa, got negative.
Alright, I feel like that should clear Koopa.

At the time you checked, there were two scum alive. We can reason that one of those two is a Mafia Tracker, since if Bard's claim had kept him alive as intended, he would have been expected to produce results afterward. He must have had some way to acquire this information, or he just would have been lynched when caught faking.

That makes one Mafioso with a visit.

And then there's the Night Kill, which means the other scum would visit Gheb.

So, if Koopa came up negative, he can't be scum, right?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I targeted koopa, got negative.
Whyd you target koopa of you thought rake was scum, wouldnt it make more sense to look at him?
Alright, I feel like that should clear Koopa.

At the time you checked, there were two scum alive. We can reason that one of those two is a Mafia Tracker, since if Bard's claim had kept him alive as intended, he would have been expected to produce results afterward. He must have had some way to acquire this information, or he just would have been lynched when caught faking.

That makes one Mafioso with a visit.

And then there's the Night Kill, which means the other scum would visit Gheb.

So, if Koopa came up negative, he can't be scum, right?
if you think theres a mafia tracker you must think its sneaky then, because having an even noght watcher odd night tracker and a mafia trackernis just stupid
Mafia doesn't have to have a tracker, they could have a rolecop or several other combos. Also most of the time mafia can sned in both their night action and kill with the same person, so jot every mafiat is always doing something at night

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Whyd you target koopa of you thought rake was scum, wouldnt it make more sense to look at him?
if you think theres a mafia tracker you must think its sneaky then, because having an even noght watcher odd night tracker and a mafia trackernis just stupid
Mafia doesn't have to have a tracker, they could have a rolecop or several other combos. Also most of the time mafia can sned in both their night action and kill with the same person, so jot every mafiat is always doing something at night
It's entirely possible that Sneaky's a Mafia Tracker...

It WOULD explain why Bard was so insistent that he gave the "silent nod"... He was opposed to being bussed, while Sneaky and Mystery Scum #3 were for it...

Also... Why would they send both actions from one person? If I'm wrong about the Mafia Tracker's existence, and Sneaky's Town, wouldn't that be a bit risky? If they got tracked visiting multiple targets, they'd have no real defense other than accusing the mod of a typo.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because **** happens? Lol. Maybe they thought the other duder was less likely to get tracked then the one guy. Idk lots of explanations

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Because **** happens? Lol. Maybe they thought the other duder was less likely to get tracked then the one guy. Idk lots of explanations
Alright, fair enough.

I still feel like Bard's claim was WAY too dangerous if there wasn't a Mafia Tracker, and you're probably right about that being a bad set-up with Town Odd/Even Tracker/Watcher in addition to a Mafia Tracker, so.........

Unvote
Vote: SneakyTako

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Some basic process of elimination.

I believe RadicalRat and Maven are town. Radical for our **** town squabble earlier and Maven for pointing out things that no one else noticed.

This leaves us with a lynch list of tako/GenericHandle/Koopa/Orbo.

If we’re to believe tako’s claim and his night action then Koopa is temporarily cleared taking them both out of the lynch list.

Which means we can kill Orbo/GenericHandle. Out of the two, I'm more leaning onto Generic.

GenericHandle, if you're around please explain why you're going hard onto tako right now.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I actually think tako’s claim is real. It would be way too risky for tako to have planned this out with BarD when BarD was basically going to be hammered anyway. He was also really proud of his play which explains how he came into the thread swinging. Either way removing a big unknown like Rake makes this game simpler.

Unvote
Vote: GenericHandle

Orboknown

Smash Hero
How is koops cleared at all? Theres still 2 mafia likely so its easy for him to have just not sent in the action

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Some basic process of elimination.

I believe RadicalRat and Maven are town. Radical for our **** town squabble earlier and Maven for pointing out things that no one else noticed.

This leaves us with a lynch list of tako/GenericHandle/Koopa/Orbo.

If we’re to believe tako’s claim and his night action then Koopa is temporarily cleared taking them both out of the lynch list.

Which means we can kill Orbo/GenericHandle. Out of the two, I'm more leaning onto Generic.

GenericHandle, if you're around please explain why you're going hard onto tako right now.
Your lynch list is too big.

There are two scum left, and you have twice that on your lynch list. That's just inviting an easy mislynch.

I'd put Tako and Koopa on mine.

Generic seems iffy, as do you, but Koopa's silence is REALLY scary, and I've already given my thoughts on Sneaky.

Orbo and Maven feel Town, with you and Generic as nullscum

Top Bottom