• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If you really were a tracker, you'd have known instantly that I lied on my initial claim, would understand why I lied, and then NOT VOTED FOR ME YOU PIECE OF LYING CRAP.
It's pretty obvious you don't trust my claim and you are trying to spin it in a way that forces me to get lynched, but it's hella scummy.

WHY WOULD I INSTANTLY KNOW THAT YOU LIED, I WAS VOTING FOR YOU THIS DAY PHASE AND YOU WERE ON MY ****, WHY WOULD I TRUST YOU TO BE TELLING THE TRUTH AND INSTANTLY MIND READ

ffs

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
This is bull. Tunneling is bad, and Bardul's defense, while CAPS LOCK AND SALT RIDDEN seems legit, where as Tako seems just angry at this point.

Vote: SneakyTako

However, if someone can make a coherent case, I'll hammer Bardul all day long.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tacit

none of 411 shows that you understood what was going on. Please go study how to silent nod in the future plox.
The reality of the situation is that you didn't roll with it because you didn't trust my claim. That is why you are still tunneling me. Or you are scum trying to get me killed because you know I am at least one of the trackers, and that leaving me alive could be a huge problem if there is a doctor.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sneaky needs to get over himself and his tunnel of my slot. Super bogus and is throwing the game away and he'll only get himself lynched if he's Town. I am actually half-expecting him to retract at this point because it all feels like one big gambit.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Kaladin Kaladin

I don't care if you lynch me, as long as you lynch bardul next. As I stated before, a trade is in town's favor. Please re-read 396-414 at least two more times, with the perspective of bardul and mine separately. It should be clear what the 50 50 is at this point.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We're just going in circles. You're trying to get me killed, I tried working with you, you tried to change your claim to get me killed again.

Let's let everyone else comment on what has happened.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
This is not a silent nod. This is a challenge to prove that I know bardul is lying. He could have literally said ANYTHING else, I'm getting hung up on the possibility that he could be a tracker too.
Uh, what do you expect me to say in that scenario?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
*wink wink would have worked.

Or I think we both know what's going on.

Or I see what your doing.

Things of that nature would be good in the future bardul.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Well I've done my job. I'm going to practice for big house, hopefully I won't forget to submit my night action if I get one.

Go Town! VLA until monday.

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Wauw.
Just wauw.
So much NaCl.

Is it okay to hammer? I'm tired of D1.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I feel like the only way we would have pulled that off flawlessly is if my initial instinct going into that interaction was that you were Town and that I trusted you. You seem to think I should have had every reason to trust you from the start but really, lets be honest, you were on my slot all game, even now. My initial gut instinct was not to trust your claim whatsoever. It was only until after my knee-jerk reaction that I thought about why you might be claiming Even-Night tracker.

Maven89

Smash Master
Even if Sneaky was lying there's no way Bard is actually an odd-night tracker and fate made it so sneakytaco would decide to fake even-night tracker in response to a regular tracker claim.

Bard swapping to claim he was odd-night tracker instead of regular tracker flushes his claim down the toilet, and it was a dumb claim for no reason when he was already almost lynched for his scummy behavior.

Sneakytaco claiming to actually be odd-night is strange to me, but I find his argument that he was trying to avoid NK's and RB's to be way more believable then any other idea. If he was fakeclaiming to get Bard lynched why would he even throw in the even-night stuff? I've only played mafia here, but I've played it here for around a year and I don't remember ever actually seeing an even/odd night role in the game. I'm aware of them, but at least here it's not a common thing, and would be really strange to throw into a fake counterclaim.

Maven89

Smash Master
Worst case scenario they're both scum and this is some strange attempt to make the best of Bardull's odd decision to claim, or Sneaky is the tracker and get's NK'd tonight when Bard is lynched. But either way, there's not a believable explanation for what just happened that has Bard town and Sneaks scum. Not when Bard changed his claim to try and counter Sneak's counter. They're either both scum, or just Bard is. Right now my money is just on Bard and I'll only bring up the other possibility if Taco can never substantiate his claim in any way, and somehow doesn't get NK'd

Maven89

Smash Master
Gonna point out that while I think it's possible they're both scum I don't think it's very likely, if they were both lying that means there's a very high chance there's a real tracker out there seeing 2 people claim his role, and that would just get those two killed. So I'm assuming taco is telling the truth and is really the tracker

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Okay, so we have to take Bardul's claim as true for now which more or less means he's town. Obviously Gheb is town as well which confirms my suspicions that this was your standard Town vs Town ****fest. Now that that's settled, we can look at who pushed for the lynch.

Out of all the people who tried to push for a lynch in the Bardul/Gheb situation, Zaixl stands out. Especially this post and the reasoning that followed it.

Zaixl's reasoning for going against Gheb is terrible.
- Gheb was actually one of the early people to vote for Bard and he gave reasoning why so it's not a jump with "no explanation".
- As explained, the vote was primarily to put pressure on Bard and get him to explain his stances.

Zaixl's use of language in his decision to lynch Gheb is strange as well. "Safest" implies that this is the play which will yield the most reward for least risk. But in this case, Bard is more objectively scummy than Gheb and yet Zaixl is voting for the other person.

It also shows a lack of interest in how the lynches will shape out. "...it would make Bard our biggest target day two at the very least" is narrowing down town's view and states that Zaixl is already looking to force out two mislynches which is absolutely not a mindset town should have.

He is also inadvertently saying that he is role hunting: "Consideration for role claims and other stuff". Town should leave blues alone and not role hunt, but Zaixl is showing an interest in finding out who is blue when there should be no need to.

So why did he try to push the Gheb lynch first? Because it would be easier to push for Bard's death in D2 than Gheb's. Zaixl also had a modicum of thread control by appearing as townie as possible so if he managed to push this lynch through then Mafia would be in a very good situation to get two mislynches.

Vote: Zaixl
pretty sure those were my suspicions pal

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

So I know my CC looks suspicious because it wasn't immediate, but consider the following:

If I was scum, this play is terrible. At best we kill bardul, flips town, and I die, that a 1 for 1 scenario, where town has 7 people left and scum has two, making lylo in 2 days. This s a net loss for scum; optimal conditions would have lylo on day 3 with this setup, this would push lylo back 1 day, allowing more time for town to scum hunt. Worst case scenario, I would die first, flip scum, and then that would be the end of it, with town up 10 to 2, causing lylo to be in 4 days on day 5.

On the flip side, as explained above flipping me town then bardul scum would be a net gain for town; lylo would be extended to day 4, we would be able to scumhunt for longer. Optimally we end up 10 town 2 scum if bardul is lynched tonight.

I just wanted to be clear that I believe this play only makes sense for town.
this sounds fake as ****

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Actually wait, I did not read your claim well.

I forgot to mention this, but I'm an odd night tracker. LOL

Don't know if this was J trying to balance the tracker role or if you're bull****ting still but yeah.
you wot m8

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Bro-fist gheb.

But there's still another level of meta.

I lied about being an even number tracker.

I'm an odd number tracker. Bardul's 411 is 100% proof positive that he's lying. If we both lied about our roles, he would have given me a silent nod.
you wot m8

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Bardull swapping the claim alone to try and mirror force sneaky's was worth a lynch. No one convieniantyl forgets an aspect of their role. Thats the type of **** I try to do as scum lol. Like whoops I forgot to mention "insert x bull**** here". bardull's probably scum. sneaky could be scum with him. Honestly dont care after this day. also bard saying sneaky tunneled him all day. is there like a new style of tunneling i havent seen coz, what happened today seems a far stretch.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Bardull swapping the claim alone to try and mirror force sneaky's was worth a lynch. No one convieniantyl forgets an aspect of their role. Thats the type of **** I try to do as scum lol. Like whoops I forgot to mention "insert x bull**** here". bardull's probably scum. sneaky could be scum with him. Honestly dont care after this day. also bard saying sneaky tunneled him all day. is there like a new style of tunneling i havent seen coz, what happened today seems a far stretch.
This is actually very true. There is no way that you should forget to mention the specifics of your role.

Unvote
Vote BarDulL

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, just as a final point I couldn't care less even if you were telling the truth, cause Im probably just going to spearhead sneaky being lynched tomorrow if he's not dead, just saying

Top Bottom