• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Kickstarter page just went up and they're already halfway to their goal (and it's constantly rising). Hot damn!

Also, confirmation that Yooka is male and Laylee is female. Layle is also apparently straight up Kazooie personality wise.

OH GOD GRANT'S FULL TRACK IS SO GOOD.

Edit: Beat me to it, guess I spent too much time soaking in that music.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
The Kickstarter page just went up and they're already halfway to their goal (and it's constantly rising). Hot damn!

Also, confirmation that Yooka is male and Laylee is female. Layle is also apparently straight up Kazooie personality wise.

Hell yeah! My guess: Funded in the first hour of the campaign :awesome::bluejump::joyful:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Stretch goals met on the second day probably.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I want to back it but it's console price to get the cool N64 package.

That'd better come with an actual N64 and a downgraded version of the game that literally works on the N64.

David Wise is great and all, but his track just sounds so out of place next to Grant's. I listen to Grant's and I get this amazing Banjo vibe, but David's sounds right out of DKC (obviously) and as good as it is I just can't help but think "what is this doing here?"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If the fact that this got funded in literally under an hour doesn't slap Nintendo in the face with "people miss Rare" then nothing will.

Banjo DLC in Smash would break Nintendo's damned servers. The Amiibo would probably be Black Friday on steroids.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, colour me impressed! That's dedication, that is.

And Male!Yooka / Female!Laylee? I approve~

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Almost to 250,000, this is crazy. Where's the "pay Nintendo to put them in Smash" goal? :troll:

Edit: and of course as soon as I mentioned it, they went over 250,000. This train never stops.

And Male!Yooka / Female!Laylee? I approve~
I was kind of hoping it'd be the other way around, they even mentioned that Laylee is wisecracking.

I love Banjo and Kazooie but they're sticking a little too close for comfort, it needs to be its own thing.
How much do I have to pledge to get Yooka to put on some clothes? :p
The last thing we need is to slap shorts on Yooka and make it even more Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Almost to 250,000, this is crazy. Where's the "pay Nintendo to put them in Smash" goal? :troll:

I was kind of hoping it'd be the other way around, they even mentioned that Laylee is wisecracking.

I love Banjo and Kazooie but they're sticking a little too close for comfort, it needs to be its own thing.

The last thing we need is to slap shorts on Yooka and make it even more Banjo-Kazooie.
Not shorts, but maybe some kind of accessory - as a finishing touch to his character.

More footage with original sound (music & voices of the duo):

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Isn't that kinda the point, though? It's what the fans want, and it's what the fans are getting.

I agree, though, they may be relying too much on the same formula. It's still early days, though - I'm confident it'll surprise us yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Battletoads: armors, belts, glasses, etc.

DK: tie

Diddy: shirt, hat

Dixie: shirt, hat

Banjo: shorts, backpack

Conker: sweater, shoes, gloves

Pre-SF Krystal: basically a full outfit

Yooka: nothing

I'm not saying it has to be this

But just some piece of clothing would make it feel more Rare-y to me.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Isn't that kinda the point, though? It's what the fans want, and it's what the fans are getting.

I agree, though, they may be relying too much on the same formula. It's still early days, though - I'm confident it'll surprise us yet.
It's the gameplay we want (or me, at least), there hasn't been a proper 3D collectathon platformer since the GameCube. I just think personality wise, they should do something different than dopey main protagonist and sarcastic back partner.
Not to mention Laylee looks really dopey with that nose, so the sarcastic attitude doesn't really fit well and seems tacked on.

They haven't said anything about Yooka yet, so hopefully he'll fit into a different mold.

Battletoads: armors, belts, glasses, etc.

DK: tie

Diddy: shirt, hat

Dixie: shirt, hat

Banjo: shorts, backpack

Conker: sweater, shoes, gloves

Pre-SF Krystal: basically a full outfit

Yooka: nothing

I'm not saying it has to be this

But just some piece of clothing would make it feel more Rare-y to me.
With how close they're sticking to Banjo, hearing people ask for clothes might make them do exactly that. I do agree something would look better than nothing, I still like the hoodie idea, stylish and practical.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Come to think of it, maybe Yooka doesn't have clothes because he has a colour changing ability? There were moments in BK where you had to sneak around slowly so as to not make noise and wake someone up, so maybe they did something similar?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think they would've made him a chameleon without a colour-change ability, but it's not like this game is super realistic, whatever clothes he'd wear could just change or disappear along with him.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Whose gonna make the yooka laylee support thread?

I already donated to the kickstarter

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Already over $600K in less than a day. I still want to save up a bit to get the real good rewards. Any ideas if they're taking Paypal right now?

Also, the soundtrack is definitely B-K and DKCTF material there. My ears wants to marry with the music!

Ahem, sorry for the brief fanboy-gasm there, but once this goes over $1 M, hopefully in less than a day, anyone suggested to the guys to do some B-K and DKC remixes yest?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't think they would've made him a chameleon without a colour-change ability, but it's not like this game is super realistic, whatever clothes he'd wear could just change or disappear along with him.
Dunno, the entire reason Kazooie even exists is because they decided it didn't make sense for a pair of wings and legs to just pop out of Banjo's backpack for no good reason. They kind of weirdly pick and chose what should and shouldn't be grounded in realism.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
As a Nintendo fan who's really excited by this game I really want it to release on Wii U, and due to this it's the first Kickstarter project I'm going to support. However I don't now if I can pay in euros with just a credit card and no Paypal account. Is it possible? Thanks. Edit: done!

Also can't wait to see some Kecleon/Noibat Pokémon fanarts ahah.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
As a Nintendo fan who's really excited by this gae I really want it to release on Wii U, and due to this it's the first Kickstarter project I'm going to support. However I don't now if I can pay in euros with just a credit card and no Paypal account. Is it possible? Thanks.

Also can't wait to see some Kecleon/Noibat Pokémon fanarts ahah.
Yeah credit cards work but the credit card company determines the exchange rate.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh my god... it's been almost 20 minutes after the start of the Kickstarter, and they already funded 10% of all their stretch goals! That means, 100.000 GBP out of 1.000.000 (for the last stretch goal: Multiplatform Day-1 release)!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival?ref=hero_thanks

I get a warm feeling inside seeing how much money is flying towards this project already!
Shantae, Half-Genie Hero, while getting heavy funding didn't make it to the top stretch goal... Can we please try to make sure this doesn't happen for Yooka-Laylee? XD I'd prefer everything gets met if possible :/

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

I thoroughly agree. I'm really excited for the game and I love the characters, but I don't wanna feel like B&K used Humba's transformations to star as a chameleon and bat. I want Playtonic to really mix things up because I know they can pull it off.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think these two will even be voiced by Chris Sutherland right?.. the same guy who voiced the Banjo and Kazooie classics right?

On another note..:

It looks like we are chugging along in terms of those stretch goals. It's a good month away until June... I have a good feeling about this ^_^

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
And now over £500,000 raised.This is absolutely incredible, almost brings a tear to my eye.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Shantae, Half-Genie Hero, while getting heavy funding didn't make it to the top stretch goal... Can we please try to make sure this doesn't happen for Yooka-Laylee? XD I'd prefer everything gets met if possible :/
And now over £500,000 raised.This is absolutely incredible, almost brings a tear to me eye.
I have no doubts - this will work out. It's so incredibly awesome I could cry. All these years without these master minds... With all their (silent) fans out there who gave up the thought that anything like that would've happen. And here we are: The band is back with their most ambitious project yet. And 50% from all stretch goals were funded within a few HOURS!

This is my personal Project: Dream!

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Just a treat for all of us backers:

Funny thing is that he did this video to help with the Kickstarter. I'm guessing we'll be seeing 10x of the $1M by the end of June.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Just Pledged my own $23.
535000 pounds is coming up quick.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
<Insert Manic's attempt at converting the stretch goals into USDs.. but uses Euros instead of Pounds because he is a dum dum>

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
@ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker
You're doing a good thing, but the base goals are in pounds, not euros.
yeah. I had noticed that at the last moment... I'm a dum dum :D

Anyways.. Here are the real conversions lol XD:

175,000 Pounds - $265,151.25 = MET (PC, MAC & Linux release DAY ONE! Consoles releases to follow (English Lang. only))

275,000 Pounds - $416,666.25 = MET (A unique, epic boss battle on every level + awesome boss tunes from David, Grant, and Steve!)

330,000 Pounds - $499,999.5 = MET (A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge level! Go for the mystery prize... we dare you!)

395,000 Pounds - $598,484.25 = MET (Transformations into 'unexpected things' with unique controls & abilities. Plus a new NPC)

435,000 Pounds - $659,090.25 = MET (A mix of 2.5D and 3D Mine cart sections & not even limited to just mines either!)

535,000 Pounds - $810,605.25 = NOT YET (A local co-op "buddy" mode so a second player can help their best-est buddy out!)

665,000 Pounds - $1,007,574.75 = NOT YET (A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode with 4 unique games!)

715,000 Pounds - $1,083,332.25 = NOT YET (Professional French, German, Spanish & Italian translations! Plus extra languages voted for by backers)

775,000 Pounds - $1,174,241.25 = NOT YET (Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists Kev "Kong" Bayliss & Ed "Mumbo Jumbo" Bryan)

875,000 Pounds - $1,325,756.25= NOT YET (4 more local multiplayer games added to the local multiplayer mode!)

1,000,000 Pounds - $1,515,150 = NOT YET (Simultaneous Wii U, Xbox One, & Playstation 4 releases on DAY ONE!)

jesus it's already at $853,746

it opened so soon. If this isnt a wake-up call to the game industry that collectathons still have a place in the world I dont know what will.

I might be in the credits :p

Top Bottom