• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I'm predicting a Yooka and Laylee support thread to come up soon, you guys are gonna be getting some new rivals.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Meanwhile, Microsoft is looking at his demo of "Banjo-Kazooie: Planes n' Cranes" for the E3 and thinking:
"Well. What are we going to do with this now?".

Quillion

Smash Hero
I can only imagine how much Microsoft's regretting not making Banjo-Threeie after seeing the ridiculous amount of support Yooka Laylee is getting :joyful:
Oh, they can do it all right. It'll probably do really badly in sales and it will probably suck, though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
They're at the 100,000 pound mark and the final stretch goal.

...I wonder how high they'd have to get to make "buy Banjo from M$" a stretch goal. They'd probably make double.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

This goes to show that the impossible can be achieved. Here's to a successful Kickstarter in less than a day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
so they have the funds to bring it to the consoles? awesome
They were going to bring it to consoles once the initial goal was reached. Now they can do a simultaneous release on all consoles, Mac, Linux and Windows.

:231:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
INCLUDING the Wii U, which is all that matters to the most of us.

Speaking of which, we should really help the blokes out in terms of stretch goal ideas. So far, they've included two to this, including a N64 filter mode, which I'm really looking forward to. We should talk about stretch goals to suggest to them.

I've already suggested alt costumes, online multiplayer, a sound test mode, and a potential Lost World, which I'm going to expand on that soon. One goal we could suggest is special crossover cameo appearances of other indie characters such as Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Mighty No. 9, since they've pretty much appeared in other indie titles. So while we may not get characters like DK or Banjo in this, at least this would be a great way to show that Yooka-Laylee is all part of the indie family. Plus, it would be great to see how these characters would appear in 3D.

Now for the Lost World, here's what I come up with:
Assuming that you'll have to rescue creatures ala the Jinjos in this game in additions to the Pagies and coins, there's a special hidden level for each world that you'll need to unlock by saving all of the Jinjos within the world, including the expanded areas. Once you've done that, you'll be taken to platforming heavy level similar to the temple levels in DKCR and TF. If you manage to reach the end of said secret level, you'll be rewarded with a special Silver Pagie. They'll be used to unlock and expand the Lost World once the main final boss is defeated, in which it'll involve Nintendo-Hard platforming.

Another one we could suggest is to have Grant play DKC songs with his instrumentals, with David playing B-K songs. I want to hear Aquatic Ambiance and Stickerbrush Symphony B-K styled for real!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
What fantastic news to wake up to! ^_^

Well, I figure since all the other goals are now met, I should convert the two new goals into USD, like I did with the others:

1,100,000 Pounds - $1,665,235 = Not yet (Goin' old-skool! N64 shader mode plus a credits "GK Rap + Video" written by Grant Kirkhope)

1,200,000 Pounds - $1,816,620 = Not yet (Let's Play!(Tonic) Developer walkthrough and commentary video)

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, one of the new stretch goals for Yooka Laylee is an old school homage to Donkey Kong 64 that includes a custom rap and video for the game. I can already see it now:

"They're finally here, performing for you!
After so many years, and crowdfunding too!
They're the brand new successors to the bird and the bear!
The new Rare buddy duo; without the Rare.
They have a new style, they have a new face.
and a great looking game to continue that pace!
so give out a cheer for this lizard and bat!
and without Microsoft, hopefully they'll last!!!
Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!
Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!"

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
One goal we could suggest is special crossover cameo appearances of other indie characters such as Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Mighty No. 9, since they've pretty much appeared in other indie titles.
Probably not going to happen, but I'd be funny if the Xbox One version got a special Yooka & Laylee VS. Banjo & Kazooie crossover boss battle.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So, one of the new stretch goals for Yooka Laylee is an old school homage to Donkey Kong 64 that includes a custom rap and video for the game. I can already see it now:

Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!
Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!"

Hm well we already nearly have the first one met actually XD..

We are currently at $1,647,443 and still rising.. (If you take a gander at the conversion in my previous post you'll see how close we are to blowing that one away ^_^

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Hm well we already nearly have the first one met actually XD..

We are currently at $1,647,443 and still rising.. (If you take a gander at the conversion in my previous post you'll see how close we are to blowing that one away ^_^
Yeah, I figured we'd hit that one. I just wanted to post my joke. (Unless they use those lyrics...)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!
Y! K!
Yooka Laylee!"
How does this post not have more likes?

This is ****ing gold dust.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Probably not going to happen, but I'd be funny if the Xbox One version got a special Yooka & Laylee VS. Banjo & Kazooie crossover boss battle.
Yeah.

Though the only crossover I'd be interested in at this point would be music-wise. Grant playing DKC tunes while David doing B-K. It would be an interesting switch up that they should do.

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
The Fthrow should be something similar to Falco/Fox/Mewtwo, wherein Banjo throws you forward, then pulls Kazooie out of the backpack real quick and fires 3+ grenade eggs at you. The OP should have more use of the egg variations (ice, fire, grenade) in the move setups. Maybe have the egg firing move alternate between the three? One to make enemies catch fire for a DOT, another to make them all 'splodey and a third to Sub-zero them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They were going to bring it to consoles once the initial goal was reached. Now they can do a simultaneous release on all consoles, Mac, Linux and Windows.

:231:
oh must of misunderstood some of the info, but the good part is everyone gets a chance to play it

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
God damn! It meet all it's stretch goals! That has to be some sort of record.

We should all definitely help the guys think up of new stretch goal ideas. They're all getting more than enough money than they need so far.

BTW, I thought up of another one, which is slide levels ala Super Mario 64 and DK64 in addition to the mine cart stages. During these segments, you would have to clear certain goals like collecting enough coins and reach the end, while racing against an obnoxious opponent. XD

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I'm predicting a Yooka and Laylee support thread to come up soon, you guys are gonna be getting some new rivals.
They were just revealed like, a day ago. Plus they have no history yet. With anyone. (Not the creators, the characters.) The only way I see them in Smash before their game actually comes out is if Ninty did it just to spite Microsoft. Besides, even if this project works, they'd have to get in really good with Nintendo, seeing as Yooka Laylee won't be version exclusive to anyone.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yep. The only goal left is the <1,200,000 Pounds - 1,816,620 = (Let's Play!(Tonic) Developer walkthrough and commentary video)>

70,014 Away from that... Yeaah I think they are gonna need more stretch goals XD

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
hasen't even been 2 days and they're already encroaching on the latest stretch goal... this makes me happy.

unfortunate that i can't back it just yet. not financially stable enough at the moment. but come Monday i will be. i just hope that the tier i want to get will still be available by then. >.>

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Given a new Banjo Kazooie platformer game is heavily implied, I'd be honestly really disappointed if all the potential hype for it is drowned by Yooka Laylee..though of course I hope both have their deserved hype levels intact.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Given a new Banjo Kazooie platformer game is heavily implied, I'd be honestly really disappointed if all the potential hype for it is drowned by Yooka Laylee..though of course I hope both have their deserved hype levels intact.
Well Banjo-Kazooie have the notoriety. The real question is this: Would the new game match up to Yooka-Laylee?... After all many ex-Rare devs are working on Yooka-Laylee.. and they seem to know what they are doing. It's a make it or break it moment for the Bear and Bird. I'm definitely certain Microsoft wouldn't be happy if the IP was shown up by new blood... XD

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hypothetical scenario:
Micro$oft reveals a new Banjo-Kazooie game.
Nintendo acquires Playtonic.
Yooka-Laylee leaves the new Banjo-Kazooie platformer in the dust.
Microsoft says "**** it" and sells Banjo-Kazooie to Nintendo.
Nintendo now owns Banjo Kazooie.

They join Smash because the already high requests for them skyrockets.

Hypothetical scenario:

and then we wake up :(

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hypothetical scenario:

Well Platonic is only like a year old... if Yooka-Laylee were a big success, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo would want the franchise. As it would suit the console well... not to mention it would probably be easier and less expensive to buy it than Banjo-Kazooie XD

Top Bottom