• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
jesus it's already at $853,746

it opened so soon. If this isnt a wake-up call to the game industry that collectathons still have a place in the world I dont know what will.

I might be in the credits :p
Not only that. Hopefully it will be a wake up call to the industry that platformers are a DESIRED thing...

It obviously wouldn't just be kids funding this stuff either >_>. I hope Yooka-Laylee is a multi-million success... so other companies (Save for Nintendo) will get it through their heads platformers aren't dead.. -_-

Also, holy crap we are already at $900k XD

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
People are posting the dollar amount... When its in pounds. It's some what confusing if ur not savy with what theyre doin.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
People are posting the dollar amount... When its in pounds. It's some what confusing if ur not savy with what theyre doin.
Well the US kickstarter "does" list it in USD ya know >_>... Its why I posted up the conversion in the first place actually.

175,000 Pounds - $265,151.25 = MET (PC, MAC & Linux release DAY ONE! Consoles releases to follow (English Lang. only))

275,000 Pounds - $416,666.25 = MET (A unique, epic boss battle on every level + awesome boss tunes from David, Grant, and Steve!)

330,000 Pounds - $499,999.5 = MET (A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge level! Go for the mystery prize... we dare you!)

395,000 Pounds - $598,484.25 = MET (Transformations into 'unexpected things' with unique controls & abilities. Plus a new NPC)

435,000 Pounds - $659,090.25 = MET (A mix of 2.5D and 3D Mine cart sections & not even limited to just mines either!)

535,000 Pounds - $810,605.25 = Met? (A local co-op "buddy" mode so a second player can help their best-est buddy out!)

665,000 Pounds - $1,007,574.75 = NOT YET (A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode with 4 unique games!)

715,000 Pounds - $1,083,332.25 = NOT YET (Professional French, German, Spanish & Italian translations! Plus extra languages voted for by backers)

775,000 Pounds - $1,174,241.25 = NOT YET (Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists Kev "Kong" Bayliss & Ed "Mumbo Jumbo" Bryan)

875,000 Pounds - $1,325,756.25= NOT YET (4 more local multiplayer games added to the local multiplayer mode!)

1,000,000 Pounds - $1,515,150 = NOT YET (Simultaneous Wii U, Xbox One, & Playstation 4 releases on DAY ONE!)

Heck I'm not even sure if the pound amount listed when you scroll over the dollar amount is accurate or not.. I think the thing is literally being funded too quick for the Kickstarter XD

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
As of right now, looking at the kickstarter page, it says $976,026 usd pledged.. (at the moment I wrote this anyway. its probably up more by now)

So that means they were at 644,093.64 pounds at the moment as of posting this.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Only an american would spend time converting all the pounds into usd for everyone on this forum to see.

God bless ya.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
My. Do my eyes deceive me or are we already at $1,051,753 o_o We already have another point met... If we continue at the current trend we are going at, we will have all the stretch goals met before a week even passes XD

Jesus... The thing has only been open for like a day right? Crazy how a 1m has already been funneled into the project... it is truely outstanding..

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My. Do my eyes deceive me or are we already at $1,051,753 o_o We already have another point met... If we continue at the current trend we are going at, we will have all the stretch goals met before a week even passes XD

Jesus... The thing has only been open for like a day right? Crazy how a 1m has already been funneled into the project... it is truely outstanding..
A week? We'll have Grant playing a ukulele outside of E3 at this rate.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

Even better:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
The exchange rate between US dollars and pounds is about 1.51 USD to 1 GBP. So if they meet every single goal, that will be roughly $1,510,000 pledged by backers.

I expect the rate of donation to slow down to some degree now that it's been several hours, but I would not be surprised to see them reach all 11 goals in the next day or so. The amount of backers are (Edit) is still going up like crazy.

Seriously, guys... this Kickstarter is going to be open for 46 more days. Imagine how much is going to be pledged at the end of this.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The exchange rate between US dollars and pounds is about 1.51 USD to 1 GBP. So if they meet every single goal, that will be roughly $1,510,000 pledged by backers.
I expect the rate of donation to slow down to some degree now that it's been several hours, but I would not be surprised to see them reach all 11 goals in the next day or so. The amount of backers are (Edit) is still going up like crazy.
Seriously, guys... this Kickstarter is going to be open for 46 more days. Imagine how much is going to be pledged at the end of this.
I know I'll be pledging at least enough for the game when uni term ends and my bank account becomes more stable.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To whom it may concern:

We were kidding when we said to throw your money at the screen.

Seriously, Kirkhope says he'll come to your houses and play for you if you just stop giving us money.

It's coming in too fast and the walls are starting to strain.

Sincerely,

Playtonic Games

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm amazed how quickly this game got funded, even Mighty No. 9 didn't get it's goal that fast.
Well it is a possible revival of a platformer that is one of the most memorable experiences for many gamers.. Of course we would all want it to be the best it can be :3

Anyways.. $1,094,509... well we are officially past the
<715,000 Pounds - $1,083,332.25 = (Professional French, German, Spanish & Italian translations! Plus extra languages voted for by backers)>

Mark... This is just too awesome. That is 8 out of 11 goals ALREADY funded so far...

Last edited:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I'm back from doing my usual round of yard work today. When I recently looked at the Kickstarter funds, my heart skipped a beat when I thought they reached the 1M mark, only to remember that the funds were based on USD and not the European Pound, and the USD really isn't as much as the Pound these days. At least we're over the halfway mark in terms of goals cleared.

So that means we've only got a few more hours left until all goals are reached by the end of today.

Speaking of which, what other goals do you all suggest they should add after they've reached all of them initally?

I'm thinking of unlockable alternate costumes since you guys were discussing about giving them accessories, including some console exclusive ones such as a DK outfit for the Wii U version, and a Banjo outfit for the XBone.
Other ideas may be online multiplayer modes if they haven't already announced that, and a post game Lost World similar to the ones in DKC 2 & 3 that'll test your platforming skills beyond the limit. Any other suggestions, like an unlockable sound test similar to Jolly's Jukebox, cameo appearances of other indie characters, etc?

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
if only i went to the bank today to cash in my paycheck(s). i would have put in so much money for this kickstarter. guess i'll have to wait till monday where i'll have the time.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm back from doing my usual round of yard work today. When I recently looked at the Kickstarter funds, my heart skipped a beat when I thought they reached the 1M mark, only to remember that the funds were based on USD and not the European Pound, and the USD really isn't as much as the Pound these days. At least we're over the halfway mark in terms of goals cleared.

So that means we've only got a few more hours left until all goals are reached by the end of today.

Speaking of which, what other goals do you all suggest they should add after they've reached all of them initally?

I'm thinking of unlockable alternate costumes since you guys were discussing about giving them accessories, including some console exclusive ones such as a DK outfit for the Wii U version, and a Banjo outfit for the XBone.
Other ideas may be online multiplayer modes if they haven't already announced that, and a post game Lost World similar to the ones in DKC 2 & 3 that'll test your platforming skills beyond the limit. Any other suggestions, like an unlockable sound test similar to Jolly's Jukebox, cameo appearances of other indie characters, etc?
Well just to explain, they are technically already past the 715,000 pounds mark.. At this point the difference doesn't matter. We are rushing toward the end of the stretch goals, ALARMINGLY fast..

Just to show the chart again:

175,000 Pounds - $265,151.25 = MET (PC, MAC & Linux release DAY ONE! Consoles releases to follow (English Lang. only))

275,000 Pounds - $416,666.25 = MET (A unique, epic boss battle on every level + awesome boss tunes from David, Grant, and Steve!)

330,000 Pounds - $499,999.5 = MET (A pre-final boss Quiz Show challenge level! Go for the mystery prize... we dare you!)

395,000 Pounds - $598,484.25 = MET (Transformations into 'unexpected things' with unique controls & abilities. Plus a new NPC)

435,000 Pounds - $659,090.25 = MET (A mix of 2.5D and 3D Mine cart sections & not even limited to just mines either!)

535,000 Pounds - $810,605.25 = MET (A local co-op "buddy" mode so a second player can help their best-est buddy out!)

665,000 Pounds - $1,007,574.75 = Met? (A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode with 4 unique games!)

715,000 Pounds - $1,083,332.25 = Met? (Professional French, German, Spanish & Italian translations! Plus extra languages voted for by backers)

775,000 Pounds - $1,174,241.25 = NOT YET (Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists Kev "Kong" Bayliss & Ed "Mumbo Jumbo" Bryan)

875,000 Pounds - $1,325,756.25= NOT YET (4 more local multiplayer games added to the local multiplayer mode!)

1,000,000 Pounds - $1,515,150 = NOT YET (Simultaneous Wii U, Xbox One, & Playstation 4 releases on DAY ONE!)

As you can see we only have like 3 goals left. I think the image isn't updated because we are going too fast for them XD

Yeah. We are more than likely going to have the goals they have up now met in less than a week at this rate, if not even less than that.. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they added more goals. I mean we blasted through most of their current ones like the Mighty Jinjonator XD

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Well just to explain, they are technically already past the 715,000 pounds mark.. At this point the difference doesn't matter. We are rushing toward the end of the stretch goals, ALARMINGLY fast..

Just to show the chart again:

535,000 Pounds - $810,605.25 = MET (A local co-op "buddy" mode so a second player can help their best-est buddy out!)

665,000 Pounds - $1,007,574.75 = Met? (A 2-4 player local multiplayer versus mode with 4 unique games!)

715,000 Pounds - $1,083,332.25 = Met? (Professional French, German, Spanish & Italian translations! Plus extra languages voted for by backers)

As you can see we only have like 3 goals left. I think the image isn't updated because we are going too fast for them XD

Yeah. We are more than likely going to have the goals they have up now met in less than a week at this rate, if not even less than that.. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if they added more goals. I mean we blasted through most of their current ones like the Mighty Jinjonator XD

Awesome! So we should probably come up with some to suggest to the bloaks later on this month.

BTW, any vacancies for any Jinjo houses, cause I would like to join.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Con la meta actual, voy a poder jugarlo en español =D
And that's awesome!
I wish I had the resourses to back it up even more ...

And I think that Nintendo and Microsoft are looking at this, we want a BK game so badly, that we are making a waterfall of money.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
$1,182,642...

<775,000 Pounds - $1,174,241.25 = (Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists Kev "Kong" Bayliss & Ed "Mumbo Jumbo" Bryan)>

Goal met...

9/11 stretch goals met. I wonder how many we will get before a full 24 hours passes?

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
$1,182,642...

<775,000 Pounds - $1,174,241.25 = (Exclusive character designs from ex-Rare guest artists Kev "Kong" Bayliss & Ed "Mumbo Jumbo" Bryan)>

Goal met...

9/11 stretch goals met. I wonder how many we will get before a full 24 hours passes?
All of them is my guess.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
To whom it may concern:

We were kidding when we said to throw your money at the screen.

Seriously, Kirkhope says he'll come to your houses and play for you if you just stop giving us money.

It's coming in too fast and the walls are starting to strain.

Sincerely,

Playtonic Games
Is this an actual quote? Please say this is an actual quote :laugh:

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I've been playing DK64, and so far I've beaten Frantic Factory.

I was hoping that they would've reach ALL of the goals by the time I was done playing. Oh well, at least they wouldn't have to wait longer for tomorrow.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I've been playing DK64, and so far I've beaten Frantic Factory.

I was hoping that they would've reach ALL of the goals by the time I was done playing. Oh well, at least they wouldn't have to wait longer for tomorrow.
Hmm lets see.. $1,336,359.. Yep. We've already cleared another one

<875,000 Pounds - $1,325,756.25 = (4 more local multiplayer games added to the local multiplayer mode!)>

10 out of 11 goals met... I would highly not be surprised if its well past the ultimate goal amount by the time I wake up tomorrow to be honest..

This is just amazing XD...I still can hardly believe it.. a project gathering over 1 MILLION FUNDS in A DAY!?

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Hmm lets see.. $1,336,359.. Yep. We've already cleared another one
<875,000 Pounds - $1,325,756.25 = (4 more local multiplayer games added to the local multiplayer mode!)>

10 out of 11 goals met... I would highly not be surprised if its well past the ultimate goal amount by the time I wake up tomorrow to be honest..

This is just amazing XD...I still can hardly believe it.. a project gathering over 1 MILLION FUNDS in A DAY!?
Even more so than Mighty Number 9.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think it's rather telling that Playtonic is STILL supporting Banjo and not Yooka for Smash. That's how much love they have for the old bear.

Banjo may be dead (thanks a lot, Microsoft), but at least his spirit lives on.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I can only imagine how much Microsoft's regretting not making Banjo-Threeie after seeing the ridiculous amount of support Yooka Laylee is getting :joyful:

Top Bottom