• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure you had nice Kirby characters and Rosalina, and Peach was pretty decent as well. What characters of mine did you think were best? Obviously Bowser because of that Z-Drop Turnip confirm to Fsmash, or the Fsmash over PK Fire since Bowser jumps over it.

Dear God, people. When did I once say Bandanna Dee lacked potential? I even made a point of him having plenty of potential. Just not as much as Mags IMO. I happen to be quite the dedicated Kirby fanboy and I'm well aware of all those potential moves. They just don't seem super ground-breaking to me. I could think of a million super cool things for Magolor to have in his moveset.

For example, he could have a neutral-B where he flings out a couple of those balls like the ones he shoots in his boss battle. I know it seems like just another random projectile, but I'm sure they could make it unique. I've really got nothing else to say about this. I'm sure Sakuri could figure this one out.

As a side-B, he could shoot a weird energy ball thing that he can control just like Din's Fire (Zelda's side-B). When it hits somebody, or when the move times out, Magolor will teleport to the current position of the energy ball. If the attack lands, he will teleport behind the struck opponent and strike. It could work similarly to Greninja's Shadow Sneak (side-B). It could also be used for recovery.

For a down-B, he could put his hands in front of him and cause a portal to appear. The portal would stay there for as long as he holds the button, but he wouldn't be able to move. The portal would have some very unique properties. If a player goes in, they will come out facing the opposite direction. If a projectile enters, it will reappear behind the player who shot it. This move, once activated, can also be tilted in a similar fashion to Palutena's Bow (Pit's Neutral-B. Yeah. Pit's). This could give that one single move a TON of diversity in terms of usefulness.

His up-B could be a simple Teleportation move, only with a few unique properties. Maybe it could meteor smash when Magolor passes through a player while teleporting upward. This could make it an extremely dangerous and unpredictable move, like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape (his down-B).

As a neutral attack, he could force his palms in front of him and emit some weird spacial energy to damage his opponent. The first press of the button causes him to hit with his right palm and the second press his left. The combo could have two finishers, like Greninja or Robin's neutral combos. One would be where he hit's with both palms at once to give the opponent a decent launch, the other where he rapidly hit's with both palms alternating between to trap his opponent in a combo that deals decent damage.

For his side attack, he could wave his hand swiftly, leaving a trail of magic energy that acts like like a whip, giving good range. It could also deal good knockback, more so than his neutral combo finishers, giving him a good counter to close-quarters combatants, such as Little Mac or Meta Knight.

His up attack could be similar to his side attack, only done above his head, waving his hand two or three times, and dishing out more damage than knockback. This could give him good range to prevent aerial counters. (I'm looking at you, Ganondorf.)

His dash attack could be his whirling dash attack he uses when you race him in Kirby's Dream Collection. It could deal a considerable amount of damage if the opponent is caught during an early stage of the attack, as well as give decent enough knockback at the end.

His neutral aerial could be where he forces his palms in opposite directions, one in front of him, and the other behind him, causing an explosion of magic energy in front of his palms. This would give decent knockback and allow for him to have a good aerial recovery, good for the floaty character I envision him as being.

His down aerial could be where he releases a ring of energy from underneath himself to attack from above. It would obviously disappear after a couple of seconds. It would also meteor smash if it were to hit right when it comes out of Magolor's body. This gives him even more recovery for when he's launched overhead.

For his forward aerial, he could wave his hand downward and a magic beam would trail out, dealing decent damage and knockback. This, along with his neutral aerial, would be his most prominent/overused aerial moves.

For his back aerial, he could do something similar to his neutral aerial, only behind him and a slightly larger explosion. This attack would be slightly confined by comparison, but more powerful, being able to KO a tad more easily.

His up aerial could be where he positions his palms above his head to create a small magic pulse that does reasonably low damage, and less knockback than his other aerials.

And his smash attacks? Don't even get me started on those. It's quite simple. He could cause one (two for his down smash) of those star-shaped portals to appear when he flings out a palm or two and immediately bend into a spike like in his boss fight.

Obviously, they wouldn't have anywhere near as much range as they have during the boss fight. They would give fairly low knockback (for a smash attack) when the opponent is hit at the tip of the spike, but INSANELY high knockback when the opponent is caught in the actual portal segment of the spike. This is noteworthy, as my speculation for a potential moveset thus far has put emphasis on his good range, while these attacks dull down his range significantly as the portal segments of the spike would be right on top of his palm, bringing the attack sweetspot very close to himself, encouraging him to get really close to his opponent when going for the kill. This would be a good balancing factor, as he is otherwise a tad-bit OP in terms of range and knockback.

A Final Smash is actually kinda hard to figure out, as he probably has more potential in this area than any other. He could simply transform into the form he takes during the boss fight, or he could do that as well as use any of the stronger moves from the battle. The blackhole attack or the giant laser beam are both candidates. He could do both, but then his FS would be to much like Palutena's. I think the blackhole attack is the best bet out of any, as assuming most of you recall, Marx had both attacks, but he used the giant beam during the first stage of the battle; he didn't use the blackhole attack until the latter. The same can be said of Magolor Soul. Although those attacks are about on par in terms of actual damage output, I think the blackhole would be MUCH harder to avoid. So I think for his Final Smash, he would simply create a giant blackhole-like star-shaped portal where he is standing at the time the attack triggers. I honestly don't think he'll transform at all. The opponents ensnared will then be teleported to a hell-like dimension of pain and suffering just like in the boss fight. At the end of the attack, the blackhole will spit them out and immediately close, as well as launch them off the screen.

That's all I got right now. I'm sure there's more than can be said at the moment, but I'll just leave it at that.

Any other ideas for a moveset for him or Bandanna Dee?

... or Knuckle-Joe?
Go make a Magolor support thread. I love Magolor and he would be very unique, and I support him. I just like Bandana Dee more. You won't persuade people to support Magolor instead of Bandana Dee, but in your own support thread, you could persuade people to support both. The movesets (including yours) that I've seen for him are very unique and got me from the "meh" train to the hype train for Magolor, but Bandana Dee is just my preference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure you had nice Kirby characters and Rosalina, and Peach was pretty decent as well. What characters of mine did you think were best? Obviously Bowser because of that Z-Drop Turnip confirm to Fsmash.

Go make a Magolor support thread. I love Magolor and he would be very unique, and I support him. I just like Bandana Dee more. You won't persuade people to support Magolor instead of Bandana Dee, but in your own support thread, you could persuade people to support both. The movesets (including yours) that I've seen for him are very unique and got me from the "meh" train to the hype train for Magolor, but Bandana Dee is just my preference.
Hahaha.
I'm think I'm the only one in the universe who uses Hammer Bash and Jet Hammer XDD
I think they are pretty cool, dat Jet Hammer shield break XD

Your Falcon, Shulk, Villager and Bowser are pretty good :D

What about my Zero Suit Samus? It's a little hard to do combos with the lag, but I think I did decent with her.

Oh, and about all this Magolor thing, most of us like Magolor, but ... this is the Bandana Dee thread XD
Did you see my NNID? It's clbgolden12.
Added!
Accept me.

D

Deleted member

Hahaha.
I'm think I'm the only one in the universe who uses Hammer Bash and Jet Hammer XDD
I think they are pretty cool, dat Jet Hammer shield break XD

Your Falcon, Shulk, Villager and Bowser are pretty good :D

What about my Zero Suit Samus? It's a little hard to do combos with the lag, but I think I did decent with her.

Oh, and about all this Magolor thing, most of us like Magolor, but ... this is the Bandana Dee thread XD

Added!
Accept me.
I forgot you played Zamus lol. What about Weegee. Weegee number 1.

@ SS-bros14 SS-bros14 you can add me if you want to, my NNID is Pikablu.11 if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
OOhh the extra levels for purchase, I don't have those.... :/
That was a nice reference but thats the word reference.

And I am puzzled I thought Kirby slayed Magalor in RtD and killed him.... ya know Dead. So why is he shoe horned everywhere, it makes no sense. Drawcia, Dark Matter, Marx etc. don't get that treatment. It is confusing. Especially since we see his death and his soul ERASED from existance. (aaahhhhh Head hurts thinking about it!) :facepalm:
Look at it in this way
Let's say that the Master Crown made Magolor survive because reasons!!
He was regretful so he made a Kirby themed park in Kirby's birthday
Also he WAS evil, not anymore, now he's just a jerk :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Sorry I haven't been posting often. I was working on a full-fleshed moveset for BD. I was on the special attacks.....

When it got deleted somehow...:eek::sadeyes::cry:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Dear God, people. When did I once say Bandanna Dee lacked potential? I even made a point of him having plenty of potential. Just not as much as Mags IMO. I happen to be quite the dedicated Kirby fanboy and I'm well aware of all those potential moves. They just don't seem super ground-breaking to me. I could think of a million super cool things for Magolor to have in his moveset.

For example, he could have a neutral-B where he flings out a couple of those balls like the ones he shoots in his boss battle. I know it seems like just another random projectile, but I'm sure they could make it unique. I've really got nothing else to say about this. I'm sure Sakuri could figure this one out.

As a side-B, he could shoot a weird energy ball thing that he can control just like Din's Fire (Zelda's side-B). When it hits somebody, or when the move times out, Magolor will teleport to the current position of the energy ball. If the attack lands, he will teleport behind the struck opponent and strike. It could work similarly to Greninja's Shadow Sneak (side-B). It could also be used for recovery.

For a down-B, he could put his hands in front of him and cause a portal to appear. The portal would stay there for as long as he holds the button, but he wouldn't be able to move. The portal would have some very unique properties. If a player goes in, they will come out facing the opposite direction. If a projectile enters, it will reappear behind the player who shot it. This move, once activated, can also be tilted in a similar fashion to Palutena's Bow (Pit's Neutral-B. Yeah. Pit's). This could give that one single move a TON of diversity in terms of usefulness.

His up-B could be a simple Teleportation move, only with a few unique properties. Maybe it could meteor smash when Magolor passes through a player while teleporting upward. This could make it an extremely dangerous and unpredictable move, like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape (his down-B).

As a neutral attack, he could force his palms in front of him and emit some weird spacial energy to damage his opponent. The first press of the button causes him to hit with his right palm and the second press his left. The combo could have two finishers, like Greninja or Robin's neutral combos. One would be where he hit's with both palms at once to give the opponent a decent launch, the other where he rapidly hit's with both palms alternating between to trap his opponent in a combo that deals decent damage.

For his side attack, he could wave his hand swiftly, leaving a trail of magic energy that acts like like a whip, giving good range. It could also deal good knockback, more so than his neutral combo finishers, giving him a good counter to close-quarters combatants, such as Little Mac or Meta Knight.

His up attack could be similar to his side attack, only done above his head, waving his hand two or three times, and dishing out more damage than knockback. This could give him good range to prevent aerial counters. (I'm looking at you, Ganondorf.)

His dash attack could be his whirling dash attack he uses when you race him in Kirby's Dream Collection. It could deal a considerable amount of damage if the opponent is caught during an early stage of the attack, as well as give decent enough knockback at the end.

His neutral aerial could be where he forces his palms in opposite directions, one in front of him, and the other behind him, causing an explosion of magic energy in front of his palms. This would give decent knockback and allow for him to have a good aerial recovery, good for the floaty character I envision him as being.

His down aerial could be where he releases a ring of energy from underneath himself to attack from above. It would obviously disappear after a couple of seconds. It would also meteor smash if it were to hit right when it comes out of Magolor's body. This gives him even more recovery for when he's launched overhead.

For his forward aerial, he could wave his hand downward and a magic beam would trail out, dealing decent damage and knockback. This, along with his neutral aerial, would be his most prominent/overused aerial moves.

For his back aerial, he could do something similar to his neutral aerial, only behind him and a slightly larger explosion. This attack would be slightly confined by comparison, but more powerful, being able to KO a tad more easily.

His up aerial could be where he positions his palms above his head to create a small magic pulse that does reasonably low damage, and less knockback than his other aerials.

And his smash attacks? Don't even get me started on those. It's quite simple. He could cause one (two for his down smash) of those star-shaped portals to appear when he flings out a palm or two and immediately bend into a spike like in his boss fight.

Obviously, they wouldn't have anywhere near as much range as they have during the boss fight. They would give fairly low knockback (for a smash attack) when the opponent is hit at the tip of the spike, but INSANELY high knockback when the opponent is caught in the actual portal segment of the spike. This is noteworthy, as my speculation for a potential moveset thus far has put emphasis on his good range, while these attacks dull down his range significantly as the portal segments of the spike would be right on top of his palm, bringing the attack sweetspot very close to himself, encouraging him to get really close to his opponent when going for the kill. This would be a good balancing factor, as he is otherwise a tad-bit OP in terms of range and knockback.

A Final Smash is actually kinda hard to figure out, as he probably has more potential in this area than any other. He could simply transform into the form he takes during the boss fight, or he could do that as well as use any of the stronger moves from the battle. The blackhole attack or the giant laser beam are both candidates. He could do both, but then his FS would be to much like Palutena's. I think the blackhole attack is the best bet out of any, as assuming most of you recall, Marx had both attacks, but he used the giant beam during the first stage of the battle; he didn't use the blackhole attack until the latter. The same can be said of Magolor Soul. Although those attacks are about on par in terms of actual damage output, I think the blackhole would be MUCH harder to avoid. So I think for his Final Smash, he would simply create a giant blackhole-like star-shaped portal where he is standing at the time the attack triggers. I honestly don't think he'll transform at all. The opponents ensnared will then be teleported to a hell-like dimension of pain and suffering just like in the boss fight. At the end of the attack, the blackhole will spit them out and immediately close, as well as launch them off the screen.

That's all I got right now. I'm sure there's more than can be said at the moment, but I'll just leave it at that.

Any other ideas for a moveset for him or Bandanna Dee?

... or Knuckle-Joe?
Hey you see all this stuff you posted? Copy and paste that into the Magolor character thread. Have a nice day.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Creating Magolor thread right now. Too lazy to right out that moveset theory all over again, so I'll just copy + paste it. Come and join if you're interested! Or whenever I'm done making it...

@ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy I simply came here because I figured this thread had Kirby fans in general in it. I was wrong. It has Waddle Dee cultists who regularly get together and sing their praises to their lord and savior, Bandanna Dee. I expected to receive replies that contained something akin to logical argument and healthy debate either attempting to prove or disprove the likeliness of Mags getting in the game over BD. But I was labeled a heretic and tried to the Inquisition. I'm sorry. I had the wrong idea. Good by everybody. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Creating Magolor thread right now. Too lazy to right out that moveset theory all over again, so I'll just copy + paste it. Come and join if you're interested! Or whenever I'm done making it...

@ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy I simply came here because I figured this thread had Kirby fans in general in it. I was wrong. It has Waddle Dee cultists who regularly get together and sing their praises to their lord and savior, Bandanna Dee. I expected to receive replies that contained something akin to logical argument and healthy debate either attempting to prove or disprove the likeliness of Mags getting in the game over BD. But I was labeled a heretic and tried to the Inquisition. I'm sorry. I had the wrong idea. Good by everybody. It was fun while it lasted.
well, magalor got a trophy and Bandana Dee didn't...

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight I'd prefer if you didn't refer to all of us in such a manner. Calling us "cultists" and whatnot... Anyway, I really think part of the reason why you got such negative reactions from us is because of how you started everything off:

Hey guys! I'm new here, and I just wanted to join this forum so I can show my support for everybody's favorite most-likely-to-get-in-Kirby-rep, Bandanna Dee!

*sarcasm*

JK. I'm actually here to inform you all that you are making a grave mistake in voting Bandanna Dee.
Doesn't that come across as... I dunno, a bit disrespectful, maybe? Rude, perhaps? When I first read those lines, I was kind of frustrated myself. Even though you say you DO like Bandana Dee and simply think Magolor is better, these first few lines could really give someone a bad first impression. And that is, most likely, exactly what happened. No offense, but there are many better ways you could've started this post.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

You came in here did a typical "Don't vote for this character, vote for my character" and didn't expect us to respond negatively? Also please don't try to come in here making us look like we did something wrong after all you came in here telling us not to vote for the character this thread was about. lf BD was so likely why wasn't he in Super Smas Bros. 4 to begin with? Not to forget that you called Bandanna Dee a generic character after that argument has been debunked numerous times. So explain to me why we wouldn't respond negatively.

P.S. I WOULD LOVE MAGOLOR IN HIS BOSS FORM!!!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've been wondering where this thread was!!

So how is B-Dee doing as far as campaigns and the like?

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
right now I'm imagining what it would be like to have the bandana dee amiibo but sadly I am afraid of scalpers
I will make him my best smash buddy to fight by my sideband if I ever get an amiibo team tournament locally it will me as DeDeDe and my bandana Dee amiibo I will have so much fun either way. I just really REALLY hope he gets in

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

I was being nice, also I said that you should create your own Magolor thread if you feel like it, maybe I will find you there :D
Also, it's impossible to say something logicall to what you said, this is BD's thread if you don't agree create your own thread and everyone's happy :p

Also this is my post 100
99 of those posts are in this thread
Can someone guess where is the other one? :smash:

D

Deleted member

That should be a thing amiibo belts someone challenges you at a local tournament take out your BD amiibo and wreck house!
I can't beat any of my amiibo since they all perfect shield/airdodge any attack or roll/spotdodge any grab attempt and then get in a powerful attack with their buffed stats. It seems I can only hit them in end lag, so if I got a BDee amiibo I wouldn't be surprised if it 2 stocked me.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

You know, I could have both Lord Jigglypuff and Lord Dee smite you simultaneously and laugh while doing it. You come to a thread titled "Bandana Dee, the Spear Master!" to put down the people who support Bandanna Dee, and then you're suprised at the repercussions? Some people...
Anyway, while we're on the topic of threads, I've decided that I will make a Rundas support thread if I don't find one. So if you like ice, come on down.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
You know, I could have both Lord Jigglypuff and Lord Dee smite you simultaneously and laugh while doing it. You come to a thread titled "Bandana Dee, the Spear Master!" to put down the people who support Bandanna Dee, and then you're suprised at the repercussions? Some people...
Anyway, while we're on the topic of threads, I've decided that I will make a Rundas support thread if I don't find one. So if you like ice, come on down.
You have ALL my support, we need more Ice Characters in Smash!! :drohyou:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

This is literally on the list of some of the most hilariously ridiculous things I've ever read in my life. You didn't come here for discussion on Kirby. God sent you here to give me a good laugh. God (Bandana Dee our lord and savior LOL ) bless.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Good games, Chandelure, very good games. They were some close ones, too. Your Dedede was on point. Consider me impressed. Might have to play you sometime. Good to see a fellow Rosalina.
Edit: Holy ****, we played for 58 minutes!

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Good games, Chandelure, very good games. They were some close ones, too. Your Dedede was on point. Consider me impressed. Might have to play you sometime. Good to see a fellow Rosalina.
Edit: Holy ****, we played for 58 minutes!
58 minutes?! Wow XD
That was fun, your Luigi was pretty good.
Everybody plays Luigi for some reason, he is my weakness XD

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire

You couldn't leave without calling us cultists could you. After you trashed B-Dee by The sarcastic remark of you wanting him , Telling us that voting for him is a mistake, and THEN calling him generic, you call us cultists for not reacting that kindly. Wow.
You also said that you were not trying to change our minds when you originally posted but that seems odd. If that was the case why would you say voting for B-Dee is a grave mistake and then say Magolor is a better choice? That in its self is a type of persuasion, by saying 'Hey, Voting for that guy is a mistake this guy is the better choice', you essentially telling us that we voted for the wrong thing and saying your thing is the right thing. It's similar to two competing stores, and runs an ad saying, 'while that store has some nice stuff, we have the best stuff so come to our store!' You probably didn't intend for it to seem persuasive but whatever. Rant over.

Have fun in your new thread, and may Dee force be with you.

edsett

Smash Apprentice

Dude, you're so dramatic. I love it. I love everything about this post.
I didn't want to debate because you seemed so passionate and you have good ideas. Pointing you to the Magolor thread wasn't showing you the door, but showing you where your ideas would flourish the most. I'm sure you're Magolor thread will be great.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I did read the OP. I love BD. But I will always compare him to generic enemies. That's just what I think of him. I was shock when I saw the first trailer for KRTDL featuring him. It was kinda hilarious. I'm not saying that he's out of place/has no importance. I'm saying Magolor would be better IMO. He would bring much needed representation to the plethora of Kirby final bosses that zip around the stage and summon black holes. That's all I'm saying.
All we're saying is we know who the most likely Kirby candidate is. :~) Your comparisons are generic, if anything. It's not particularly groundbreaking. I don't go into a thread about Isaac and go, "you know, I kinda like him... But he's a bit of a generic JRPG swordsman, isn't he?" Bowser Jr had a lot of potential and Sakurai said, "no **** it, the Koopa Clown Car is a fighter instead." Go start a thread about Maglororor.

Top Bottom