• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Alright everyone. I'd like to formally apologize for everything. I didn't realize anybody would be offended by my claims or my ranting. Most of my friends who are Kirby fans only wanted Bandanna Dee because they wanted a fourth Kirby rep, and they thought he was the most likely. When I explained to them the likelihood of Magolor and all the potential he has as a character, they started rooting for him. I thought the same logic would apply here. I was wrong. It was selfish of me to assume my way of looking at things was the only way possible. I was honestly surprised to discover Bandanna Dee had such a dedicated fanbase. I gigured everybody wanted BD for the same reason everybody wanted Chrom: because the series needed a new rep, and he was the most recognizable. That patter of thought has always been irritating to me. Clearly, that's not what Sakuri goes for when looking for a new rep. That's why I've been for Magolor since the start.

It was wrong of me to assume that people only wanted Bandanna Dee in because they wanted more representation for the series. (like with Chrom fanboys. Srsly tho. Who wanted Chrom over Lucina or Robin? The only reason people were disappointed/irritated by Robin's reveal was because they had gotten their hopes/expectations high for him.) Clearly you guys wanted BD in because you love him. So I'm sorry.

For those of you who would like to join me on the Magolor support campaign, here's the thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/magolor-travels-from-afar-vote-magolor-for-sm4sh-dlc.398738/

Godspeed, Dee fans. And may the best rep win.

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Honestly, I wouldn't mind Magolor being a fighter. I just want Bandana Dee more than Mags. However, it would be cool if we got both of them.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Alright everyone. I'd like to formally apologize for everything. I didn't realize anybody would be offended by my claims or my ranting. Most of my friends who are Kirby fans only wanted Bandanna Dee because they wanted a fourth Kirby rep, and they thought he was the most likely. When I explained to them the likelihood of Magolor and all the potential he has as a character, they started rooting for him. I thought the same logic would apply here. I was wrong. It was selfish of me to assume my way of looking at things was the only way possible. I was honestly surprised to discover Bandanna Dee had such a dedicated fanbase. I gigured everybody wanted BD for the same reason everybody wanted Chrom: because the series needed a new rep, and he was the most recognizable. That patter of thought has always been irritating to me. Clearly, that's not what Sakuri goes for when looking for a new rep. That's why I've been for Magolor since the start.

It was wrong of me to assume that people only wanted Bandanna Dee in because they wanted more representation for the series. (like with Chrom fanboys. Srsly tho. Who wanted Chrom over Lucina or Robin? The only reason people were disappointed/irritated by Robin's reveal was because they had gotten their hopes/expectations high for him.) Clearly you guys wanted BD in because you love him. So I'm sorry.

For those of you who would like to join me on the Magolor support campaign, here's the thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/magolor-travels-from-afar-vote-magolor-for-sm4sh-dlc.398738/

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
But what if neither of them gets in?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
@ Hypernovaguy64 Hypernovaguy64 Please use the edit function if you got something to add and don't double post. Welcome to the DeeLC movement btw.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
How professional of you. Luckily, the Bandanna Nation is a forgiving one. I think. We could be a nation that mercilessly terminates anything that stands in our way. Depends on our mood.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, stop with the Magolor thing please, this is not the thread for that and also, I don't want a fight between the two fanbases because I like both characters.

EDIT: btw I could slame all of you easy peasy
Are you sure? ahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Added!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
1.A very mature ending I support the idea but I can't vote 2wice 2.LETS NOT START A BEST REP THING WE HAD ENOUGH WITH ADELIENE 3.final boss magolor.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
it's ok I support magolor, it's just that there are people like CuteChihuahua from gamefaqs and adriel from miiverse that specifically say stuff like that, Chihuahua is an Adeliene fanboy and ridely responds to any Dee supporters and Adriel is a goku fanboy who just makes stupid posts saying not to vote for him, since you apologized you'll probably be more welcome :) have good luck on your thread

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
How nice of you to apologize! We all forgive you (I think). Good luck with the thread. There was a magolor thread before but it shut down. Although there are some moveset things Kirby Queen posted there that you could add to your OP.http://smashboards.com/threads/the-mage-beyond-popstar-magolor.335674/ It's in there somewhere.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Actually... The ballot page says to limit your vote to one per person. People are simply choosing to breaking that rule, it seems.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

-MetaKnight out. Peace.​
You have my support:bluejump:
And don't worry about that everyone makes mistakes :smash:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I have to say, I was quite surprised Bandana Dee didn't make it into the game to begin with... He has been a fairly important, and recurring character in the Kirby series lately... the group just doesn't feel complete without the little Waddle :/..

I for one would love to see the fellow in too.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have to say, I was quite surprised Bandana Dee didn't make it into the game to begin with... He has been a fairly important, and recurring character in the Kirby series lately... the group just doesn't feel complete without the little Waddle :/..

I for one would love to see the fellow in too.
Sakurai bias.

Same why Ridley didn't get in, Dark Pit did, and Palutena got more moves than anyone else.

He's more prominent in recent Kirby games which Sakurai wasn't a part of.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Sakurai bias.

Same why Ridley didn't get in, Dark Pit did, and Palutena got more moves than anyone else.

He's more prominent in recent Kirby games which Sakurai wasn't a part of.
Grr... Dinkebeeeeerg Sakuraaaiii.....

Aw well. I'd say I'm sure that won't happen with the DLC... after all this is all more than likely Paid DLC.. I'm fairly sure as long as the characters popular are reasonable, logical, and good overall, I'm sure Nintendo, if he tries to say no without a legitimate reason will give em the evil eye... lol

Edit: Dang. Can't type tonight -_-

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Actually... The ballot page says to limit your vote to one per person. People are simply choosing to breaking that rule, it seems.
If everyone abided by a rule simply because "so-and-so says" the world would be a very boring, one-track, messed up place.
Everyone! The Rundas thread is finished! Check it out if you love that bounty hunter as much as I do! Thank you, Bandanna Nation!

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
@ Hypernovaguy64 Hypernovaguy64 Please use the edit function if you got something to add and don't double post. Welcome to the DeeLC movement btw.
Wait somone explain what double posting is. I thought it is when you post the same comment twice. Am I missing something here??

And could someone tell me what a "BD support list" is.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
How professional of you. Luckily, the Bandanna Nation is a forgiving one. I think. We could be a nation that mercilessly terminates anything that stands in our way. Depends on our mood.
"forgiving" speak for yourselves. I have no mercy.

Calling BD "generic" but than mentioning wanting to discuss movesets for Knuckle Joe LOL. Eh, I have no interest.

Let's please ignore distractions and digressions.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Wait somone explain what double posting is. I thought it is when you post the same comment twice. Am I missing something here??

And could some tell me what a "BD support list" is.
Posting twice in a row period is a double post. 9/10 times, if you have something else to say but no one else has posted, it's better to just edit your post. Don't want people to think you're spamming after all.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"forgiving" speak for yourselves. I have no mercy.

Calling BD "generic" but than mentioning wanting to discuss movesets for Knuckle Joe LOL. Eh, I have no interest.

Let's please ignore distractions and digressions.
I never said I forgave him. OK, 99% of us are a forgiving nation.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now, over the weekend I've thought of a trailer for Bandana Dee, the trailer would be in style of Kirby Right Back at Ya! And would feature some characters from it! The trailer starts out with Meta Knight (Voiced by Eric Suart) gets knocked to the ground by Pit and Ness. Tiff and Tuff come over and Tiff says, "Meta Knight!" Meta Knight says, "They're too powerful!" And passes out. Pit charges his arrow and Ness is about to do PK Fire, and then Tiff decides to shield Meta Knight. Tuff says, "Tiff, No!" But then, an shadowy figure comes from the sky, Tuff says, "Who's that?" Tiff says, "It's the legendary warrior, Bandana Waddle Dee!" Then it shows Bandana Dee and says, "Bandana Dee (Insert Splash-art here)!" Then we get gameplay! After that, Bandana Dee is knocked out, when Sailor Dee comes too ask, "Is everyone okay?" Tiff tells him, "We need help!" Anxiously, Salior Dee grabs the spear and says, "Okay... I guess...!" He then wakes up Bandana Dee and the two fight together. It then shows more gameplay, and after the gameplay ends it cuts to the Smash Bros logo (No brainer). That's the trailer I came up with!

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I like the idea of him tripping onto the stage lol OR flying in with his spearcoptor. That would be good.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have an idea for his stage entrance! He jumps onto the stage and then waves to the crowd! (It's a reference to a certain Kirby game he appeared in, anybody know what it is?)

Last edited:

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
For one he can the victory dance from KRTD. Another could be him winking at the player. Then the last one would have something to do with his spear.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For his victory poses, he could do his victory animation from the Megaton Punch, his second one could involve his spear, and his last one could have him dance!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
His taunts, well one could involve him spinning his spear, another could have him look side to side, and the last one could be him falling backwards and then shaking his head. These were hard to come up with! I honestly think yours are better!

Last edited:
Top Bottom