• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

XDD
No, I accidentaly included another guy XD
Sorry about that.

Can we play later? :D
I will play with @XenoBrawler610 now.
Your Falcon was pretty good.
Thanks, your Lucario was nice but you used too much of Aura Sphere and Smashes (try tilting or using aerials onstage more). If you B-Reverse Aura Sphere in the air you can catch people in the charge, and the charge (with your back to the edge) is also amazing for catching get up options (besides roll, but you can throw it for that). Besides that your follow up game and response to pressure was great :colorful:! I fish for knees and stomps too much against friends to give them flashy and glorious deaths :p, otherwise I could've punished you more for mistakes.

Anyway if Bandana Dee does get in as DeeLC and manages to be low tier, will any of you brigadiers play him? I know I will, seeing as I played Falcon in Brawl because I liked him.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Thanks, your Lucario was nice but you used too much of Aura Sphere and Smashes (try tilting or using aerials onstage more). If you B-Reverse Aura Sphere in the air you can catch people in the charge, and the charge (with your back to the edge) is also amazing for catching get up options (besides roll, but you can throw it for that). Besides that your follow up game and response to pressure was great :colorful:! I fish for knees and stomps too much against friends to give them flashy and glorious deaths :p, otherwise I could've punished you more for mistakes.

Anyway if Bandana Dee does get in as DeeLC and manages to be low tier, will any of you brigadiers play him? I know I will, seeing as I played Falcon in Brawl because I liked him.
It'll depend on his playstyle more than his tier position to me.
If he plays fluidly and has a cool playstyle, but he's say, Marth tier, I'll still pick him.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
It'll depend on his playstyle more than his tier position to me.
If he plays fluidly and has a cool playstyle, but he's say, Marth tier, I'll still pick him.
really does not matter I will play him no matter what if he sucks or anything I will find everything this guy will have to offer maybe even some advanced techniques I want to be the very best that no one ever was... wait wrong series. but yes I will play bandana dee for years to come

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Tiers don't matter for me. I suck at Diddy Kong (Yeah. The character that everyone thinks requires no skill.) But then again. I'm not very good with anyone. This is why my main is Random.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
well... as you can see In my sig I support magolor but you don't seem to know much about bandana dee, because anyone who TRULY knows a lot about him would be that his up special would most likely spear copter, who says we can't have 5 reps? I dont care really :p id be happy with both. But Even though Magolor would be unique, here's a list of not including EVERYTHING he can do not including waddle dees

megaton punch, the krtd items, (cannon, horn shield, spiky shoe, etc.) spear moves, throws, copter, and the team attack which jabs a spear and throws beams, ninja star, scope shot, and assist star im probably forgetting some ( dee never used a parasol to anyone saying that and someone said dark matter made him powerful I doubt that )
Dear God, people. When did I once say Bandanna Dee lacked potential? I even made a point of him having plenty of potential. Just not as much as Mags IMO. I happen to be quite the dedicated Kirby fanboy and I'm well aware of all those potential moves. They just don't seem super ground-breaking to me. I could think of a million super cool things for Magolor to have in his moveset.

For example, he could have a neutral-B where he flings out a couple of those balls like the ones he shoots in his boss battle. I know it seems like just another random projectile, but I'm sure they could make it unique. I've really got nothing else to say about this. I'm sure Sakuri could figure this one out.

As a side-B, he could shoot a weird energy ball thing that he can control just like Din's Fire (Zelda's side-B). When it hits somebody, or when the move times out, Magolor will teleport to the current position of the energy ball. If the attack lands, he will teleport behind the struck opponent and strike. It could work similarly to Greninja's Shadow Sneak (side-B). It could also be used for recovery.

For a down-B, he could put his hands in front of him and cause a portal to appear. The portal would stay there for as long as he holds the button, but he wouldn't be able to move. The portal would have some very unique properties. If a player goes in, they will come out facing the opposite direction. If a projectile enters, it will reappear behind the player who shot it. This move, once activated, can also be tilted in a similar fashion to Palutena's Bow (Pit's Neutral-B. Yeah. Pit's). This could give that one single move a TON of diversity in terms of usefulness.

His up-B could be a simple Teleportation move, only with a few unique properties. Maybe it could meteor smash when Magolor passes through a player while teleporting upward. This could make it an extremely dangerous and unpredictable move, like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape (his down-B).

As a neutral attack, he could force his palms in front of him and emit some weird spacial energy to damage his opponent. The first press of the button causes him to hit with his right palm and the second press his left. The combo could have two finishers, like Greninja or Robin's neutral combos. One would be where he hit's with both palms at once to give the opponent a decent launch, the other where he rapidly hit's with both palms alternating between to trap his opponent in a combo that deals decent damage.

For his side attack, he could wave his hand swiftly, leaving a trail of magic energy that acts like like a whip, giving good range. It could also deal good knockback, more so than his neutral combo finishers, giving him a good counter to close-quarters combatants, such as Little Mac or Meta Knight.

His up attack could be similar to his side attack, only done above his head, waving his hand two or three times, and dishing out more damage than knockback. This could give him good range to prevent aerial counters. (I'm looking at you, Ganondorf.)

His dash attack could be his whirling dash attack he uses when you race him in Kirby's Dream Collection. It could deal a considerable amount of damage if the opponent is caught during an early stage of the attack, as well as give decent enough knockback at the end.

His neutral aerial could be where he forces his palms in opposite directions, one in front of him, and the other behind him, causing an explosion of magic energy in front of his palms. This would give decent knockback and allow for him to have a good aerial recovery, good for the floaty character I envision him as being.

His down aerial could be where he releases a ring of energy from underneath himself to attack from above. It would obviously disappear after a couple of seconds. It would also meteor smash if it were to hit right when it comes out of Magolor's body. This gives him even more recovery for when he's launched overhead.

For his forward aerial, he could wave his hand downward and a magic beam would trail out, dealing decent damage and knockback. This, along with his neutral aerial, would be his most prominent/overused aerial moves.

For his back aerial, he could do something similar to his neutral aerial, only behind him and a slightly larger explosion. This attack would be slightly confined by comparison, but more powerful, being able to KO a tad more easily.

His up aerial could be where he positions his palms above his head to create a small magic pulse that does reasonably low damage, and less knockback than his other aerials.

And his smash attacks? Don't even get me started on those. It's quite simple. He could cause one (two for his down smash) of those star-shaped portals to appear when he flings out a palm or two and immediately bend into a spike like in his boss fight.

Obviously, they wouldn't have anywhere near as much range as they have during the boss fight. They would give fairly low knockback (for a smash attack) when the opponent is hit at the tip of the spike, but INSANELY high knockback when the opponent is caught in the actual portal segment of the spike. This is noteworthy, as my speculation for a potential moveset thus far has put emphasis on his good range, while these attacks dull down his range significantly as the portal segments of the spike would be right on top of his palm, bringing the attack sweetspot very close to himself, encouraging him to get really close to his opponent when going for the kill. This would be a good balancing factor, as he is otherwise a tad-bit OP in terms of range and knockback.

A Final Smash is actually kinda hard to figure out, as he probably has more potential in this area than any other. He could simply transform into the form he takes during the boss fight, or he could do that as well as use any of the stronger moves from the battle. The blackhole attack or the giant laser beam are both candidates. He could do both, but then his FS would be to much like Palutena's. I think the blackhole attack is the best bet out of any, as assuming most of you recall, Marx had both attacks, but he used the giant beam during the first stage of the battle; he didn't use the blackhole attack until the latter. The same can be said of Magolor Soul. Although those attacks are about on par in terms of actual damage output, I think the blackhole would be MUCH harder to avoid. So I think for his Final Smash, he would simply create a giant blackhole-like star-shaped portal where he is standing at the time the attack triggers. I honestly don't think he'll transform at all. The opponents ensnared will then be teleported to a hell-like dimension of pain and suffering just like in the boss fight. At the end of the attack, the blackhole will spit them out and immediately close, as well as launch them off the screen.

That's all I got right now. I'm sure there's more than can be said at the moment, but I'll just leave it at that.

Any other ideas for a moveset for him or Bandanna Dee?

... or Knuckle-Joe?

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Well, you called Bandana Dee a "spear-wielding generic enemy", which downplays his status as a recurring character. He also had important roles in the recent games.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Dear God, people. When did I once say Bandanna Dee lacked potential? I even made a point of him having plenty of potential. Just not as much as Mags IMO. I happen to be quite the dedicated Kirby fanboy and I'm well aware of all those potential moves. They just don't seem super ground-breaking to me. I could think of a million super cool things for Magolor to have in his moveset.

For example, he could have a neutral-B where he flings out a couple of those balls like the ones he shoots in his boss battle. I know it seems like just another random projectile, but I'm sure they could make it unique. I've really got nothing else to say about this. I'm sure Sakuri could figure this one out.

As a side-B, he could shoot a weird energy ball thing that he can control just like Din's Fire (Zelda's side-B). When it hits somebody, or when the move times out, Magolor will teleport to the current position of the energy ball. If the attack lands, he will teleport behind the struck opponent and strike. It could work similarly to Greninja's Shadow Sneak (side-B). It could also be used for recovery.

For a down-B, he could put his hands in front of him and cause a portal to appear. The portal would stay there for as long as he holds the button, but he wouldn't be able to move. The portal would have some very unique properties. If a player goes in, they will come out facing the opposite direction. If a projectile enters, it will reappear behind the player who shot it. This move, once activated, can also be tilted in a similar fashion to Palutena's Bow (Pit's Neutral-B. Yeah. Pit's). This could give that one single move a TON of diversity in terms of usefulness.

His up-B could be a simple Teleportation move, only with a few unique properties. Maybe it could meteor smash when Magolor passes through a player while teleporting upward. This could make it an extremely dangerous and unpredictable move, like Meta Knights Dimensional Cape (his down-B).

As a neutral attack, he could force his palms in front of him and emit some weird spacial energy to damage his opponent. The first press of the button causes him to hit with his right palm and the second press his left. The combo could have two finishers, like Greninja or Robin's neutral combos. One would be where he hit's with both palms at once to give the opponent a decent launch, the other where he rapidly hit's with both palms alternating between to trap his opponent in a combo that deals decent damage.

For his side attack, he could wave his hand swiftly, leaving a trail of magic energy that acts like like a whip, giving good range. It could also deal good knockback, more so than his neutral combo finishers, giving him a good counter to close-quarters combatants, such as Little Mac or Meta Knight.

His up attack could be similar to his side attack, only done above his head, waving his hand two or three times, and dishing out more damage than knockback. This could give him good range to prevent aerial counters. (I'm looking at you, Ganondorf.)

His dash attack could be his whirling dash attack he uses when you race him in Kirby's Dream Collection. It could deal a considerable amount of damage if the opponent is caught during an early stage of the attack, as well as give decent enough knockback at the end.

His neutral aerial could be where he forces his palms in opposite directions, one in front of him, and the other behind him, causing an explosion of magic energy in front of his palms. This would give decent knockback and allow for him to have a good aerial recovery, good for the floaty character I envision him as being.

His down aerial could be where he releases a ring of energy from underneath himself to attack from above. It would obviously disappear after a couple of seconds. It would also meteor smash if it were to hit right when it comes out of Magolor's body. This gives him even more recovery for when he's launched overhead.

For his forward aerial, he could wave his hand downward and a magic beam would trail out, dealing decent damage and knockback. This, along with his neutral aerial, would be his most prominent/overused aerial moves.

For his back aerial, he could do something similar to his neutral aerial, only behind him and a slightly larger explosion. This attack would be slightly confined by comparison, but more powerful, being able to KO a tad more easily.

His up aerial could be where he positions his palms above his head to create a small magic pulse that does reasonably low damage, and less knockback than his other aerials.

And his smash attacks? Don't even get me started on those. It's quite simple. He could cause one (two for his down smash) of those star-shaped portals to appear when he flings out a palm or two and immediately bend into a spike like in his boss fight.

Obviously, they wouldn't have anywhere near as much range as they have during the boss fight. They would give fairly low knockback (for a smash attack) when the opponent is hit at the tip of the spike, but INSANELY high knockback when the opponent is caught in the actual portal segment of the spike. This is noteworthy, as my speculation for a potential moveset thus far has put emphasis on his good range, while these attacks dull down his range significantly as the portal segments of the spike would be right on top of his palm, bringing the attack sweetspot very close to himself, encouraging him to get really close to his opponent when going for the kill. This would be a good balancing factor, as he is otherwise a tad-bit OP in terms of range and knockback.

A Final Smash is actually kinda hard to figure out, as he probably has more potential in this area than any other. He could simply transform into the form he takes during the boss fight, or he could do that as well as use any of the stronger moves from the battle. The blackhole attack or the giant laser beam are both candidates. He could do both, but then his FS would be to much like Palutena's. I think the blackhole attack is the best bet out of any, as assuming most of you recall, Marx had both attacks, but he used the giant beam during the first stage of the battle; he didn't use the blackhole attack until the latter. The same can be said of Magolor Soul. Although those attacks are about on par in terms of actual damage output, I think the blackhole would be MUCH harder to avoid. So I think for his Final Smash, he would simply create a giant blackhole-like star-shaped portal where he is standing at the time the attack triggers. I honestly don't think he'll transform at all. The opponents ensnared will then be teleported to a hell-like dimension of pain and suffering just like in the boss fight. At the end of the attack, the blackhole will spit them out and immediately close, as well as launch them off the screen.

That's all I got right now. I'm sure there's more than can be said at the moment, but I'll just leave it at that.

... or Knuckle-Joe?

Man, seriously this is BD's thread, If you don't agree FINE
But don't come here just to say this:
"Hey guys, Bandana Dee will get eventually, let's vote for Magolor instead, he's more interesting"
We are not going to change our opinion, and we are not going to stop supporting Bandana Dee until he gets on Smash!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Man, seriously this is BD's thread, If you don't agree FINE
But don't come here just to say this:
"Hey guys, Bandana Dee will get eventually, let's vote for Magolor instead, he's more interesting"
We are not going to change our opinion, and we are not going to stop supporting Bandana Dee until he gets on Smash!
I didn't say to change your opinion. Why would you assume I did if you didn't even read it? :happysheep:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Looks like I didn't miss the argument...
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight
While Magalor is a good choice, B-Dee has more importance to the series. Comparing B-Dee to a regular enemy defiantly means you didn't even read the OP.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't no man. I'm not one to judge, but he seemed pretty serious to me.
I wonder why there's no sarcasm button in this thing? :drsad:
But seriously, if you want Magolor then WHAT are you doing here? -.-
You could just make your own thread supporting Magolor and stop this nonsense, I don't want this to end like "Stop liking what I don't like" :drflip:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't no man. I'm not one to judge, but he seemed pretty serious to me.
I mix in silly things with my seriousness. As evidenced in this:
I'm sure he was joking. (Now I get to watch three people spinning in their chairs in unison. Weeeeee!)
By the way, I am way too entertained by this.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
So guys, somethings been bothering me... It's the system on which the ballot works. I already sent in my vote on a laptop for Bandana Dee, and was wanting to send one in on an actual PC for the Ice Climbers. However, if the votes are tracked by IP addresses, that's a problem.

It also doesn't help that I'm in a house with another person voting for two totally different characters, so their vote would override mine. What do you guys think?

On another note, if I'm not already on BD's support list, go ahead and add me! :)

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Looks like I didn't miss the argument...
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight
While Magalor is a good choice, B-Dee has more importance to the series. Comparing B-Dee to a regular enemy defiantly means you didn't even read the OP.
I did read the OP. I love BD. But I will always compare him to generic enemies. That's just what I think of him. I was shock when I saw the first trailer for KRTDL featuring him. It was kinda hilarious. I'm not saying that he's out of place/has no importance. I'm saying Magolor would be better IMO. He would bring much needed representation to the plethora of Kirby final bosses that zip around the stage and summon black holes. That's all I'm saying.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I did read the OP. I love BD. But I will always compare him to generic enemies. That's just what I think of him. I was shock when I saw the first trailer for KRTDL featuring him. It was kinda hilarious. I'm not saying that he's out of place/has no importance. I'm saying Magolor would be better IMO. He would bring much needed representation to the plethora of Kirby final bosses that zip around the stage and summon black holes. That's all I'm saying.
You make a good point. However, do we really need boss representation? Most series in Smash don't have them, and there are other bosses that are a bit more relevant. (Ex. Queen Sectonia)
Edit: And not to mention King Dedede kinda counts as a boss.

Last edited:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman

... or Knuckle-Joe?
Dude just stop, why don't you go make a Magalor thread instead of trying to force your ideas persuade us to change are voted/supported character to your idea of a more 'better' 'suitable' character!
And Knuckle Joe??! Since we have Kirby Falcon Little Mac etc, etc.
Plus he will be seen as Smash bros rip-off and wanna-be Ryu from street Fighter!

P.S. Magalor has become Over-Rated (why do you think he returned in Dream Collection? Because he became absurdly Popular from one game! "He is alive says fans!" But really he is DEAD! Just like every other villian.
Oh yeah in a few games time I bet he will be barely relavent anyway just another fallen foe.....
Therefore not being suitable for Smash Brothers in the long run, think about it... He will be no where near as important as Bandana Dee a re-curring and will keep recurring for the rest of the Kirby series as the series matures is (and if so he does show up it's fan service).
I would say more but I think my point should be clear enough.​

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
THEN GO MAKE A MAGOLOR THREAD, NOTHING IS STOPING YOU!!
ALSO, I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST USING THIS TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION!!
If you don't agree with us then I guess you should get out :drohyou:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Although I have nothing against Magolor, how about instead of trying to persuade us he's a better choice than Bandana Dee, why not make your own support thread for the character if one doesn't already exist? I just don't like all this arguing, I want everyone to be happy here...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Although I have nothing against Magolor, how about instead of trying to persuade us he's a better choice than Bandana Dee, why not make your own support thread for the character if one doesn't already exist? I just don't like all this arguing, I want everyone to be happy here...
I know how people can be happy! Stare at Chalo5000's gif. It's more entertaining than it should.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
...Wait, I thought King Dedede does in a way represent final bosses in Kirby, as he was in Kirby's Dreamland.

I have nothing against Magolor, and I think he'd be interesting if he was in. My problem with him is that he's the generic one time character (save for dream collection, which was just an anniversary thing for Kirby, and he was the most recent villain). If he were to start appearing more in the Kirby universe, maybe I'd look at this another way, not before Bandana Dee though. (Why does everyone see him as a generic enemy anyways. To me, he's more like a Paper Mario partner, if anything close to those lines).

So, sorry for the argument about the subject. People just get really passionate about their wanted characters.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
...Wait, I thought King Dedede does in a way represent final bosses in Kirby, as he was in Kirby's Dreamland.

I have nothing against Magolor, and I think he'd be interesting if he was in. My problem with him is that he's the generic one time character (save for dream collection, which was just an anniversary thing for Kirby, and he was the most recent villain). If he were to start appearing more in the Kirby universe, maybe I'd look at this another way, not before Bandana Dee though. (Why does everyone see him as a generic enemy anyways. To me, he's more like a Paper Mario partner, if anything close to those lines).

So, sorry for the argument about the subject. People just get really passionate about their wanted characters.
Well, Magolor appeared in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
He is kinda relevant, not that much, but relevant :ohwell:
Bandana Dee is still WAY more relevant :chuckle:

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Well, Magolor appeared in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
He is kinda relevant, not that much, but relevant :ohwell:
Bandana Dee is still WAY more relevant :chuckle:
He did?! I got Platinum on those challenges and I still never saw him! :glare:
Oh well, Just to clarify I do like Magalor, he's OK. Just that he is kind of Fan-Serviced too much with no actual purpose or reason.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
He did?! I got Platinum on those challenges and I still never saw him! :glare:
Oh well, Just clarify I do like Magalor, he's Ok. Just that he is kind of Fan-Serviced to much with no actual purpose or reason.
He appeared on the extra stage CROWNED :p

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
He appeared on the extra stage CROWNED :p
OOhh the extra levels for purchase, I don't have those.... :/
That was a nice reference but thats the word reference.

And I am puzzled I thought Kirby slayed Magalor in RtD and killed him.... ya know Dead. So why is he shoe horned everywhere, it makes no sense. Drawcia, Dark Matter, Marx etc. don't get that treatment. It is confusing. Especially since we see his death and his soul ERASED from existance. (aaahhhhh Head hurts thinking about it!) :facepalm:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So, my Nintendo Network IDEE is bdon25, in case anyone was wondering

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990

... or Knuckle-Joe?
again this is a bandana dee thread to support him if you would like some support for Magolor please make a Magolor thread or find it I'm sure people there will support you more there I really don't want to be the kind of guy that discourages people. You like your character thats fine, but it still seems to me that you are trying to convince us that he is much more important than Bandana Dee and sadly in your case that is not helping you he had only a few games and again until Bandana Dee sees his long awaited spot light I will give Magolor 100% support only until bandana dee gets it first sorry bro.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
OOhh the extra levels for purchase, I don't have those.... :/
That was a nice reference but thats the word reference.

And I am puzzled I thought Kirby slayed Magalor in RtD and killed him.... ya know Dead. So why is he shoe horned everywhere, it makes no sense. Drawcia, Dark Matter, Marx etc. don't get that treatment. It is confusing. Especially since we see his death and his soul ERASED from existance. (aaahhhhh Head hurts thinking about it!) :facepalm:
The Master Crown was destroyed in the battle against Magolor, which returned him to normal. It's hinted in the Extra credits that he survived because the last picture that is shown is Kirby and Magolor in the Lor Starcutter.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
The OP makes it quite clear Bandana Dee isn't just a generic enemy. It's fine that you prefer Magolor, I'm sure a lot of people do, but this is the Bandana Dee support thread. There's a Magolor one you can go to and post your moveset ideas, etc. You aren't going to convince us to vote for Magolor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom