• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now for C-O-L-O-R-S! Here's this one image I found that shows some good color picks! Plus a bonus! A reason to include him!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sailor Dee is really cute, but I don't really want him as an alt.

I like to think that Bandana Dee is the only powerful Waddle Dee in Dream Land (not counting the Parasol Dee of KSS because it was created with Kirby's energy and it's probably not real).
Sailor Dee doing the same things as Bandana Dee would be weird, for me.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I like to think that Bandana Dee is the only powerful Waddle Dee in Dream Land (not counting the Parasol Dee of KSS because it was created with Kirby's energy and it's probably not real).
I don't see anything wrong with bandana dee wearing sailor dee's hat though, it'd still be bandana dee. Although, I'd probably have it for just one alt rather than 4

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I actually kind of agree with you, it's a bit odd considering the fact that in Super Star, Sailor Dee is kind of a chicken, and a bit scared of like, everything! I do think that a good alt though, would be the Spear Hat from KRTDL, that'd be cool! He could also have a monochrome color like Kirby and King DeDeDe!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't see anything wrong with bandana dee wearing sailor dee's hat though, it'd still be bandana dee. Although, I'd probably have it for just one alt rather than 4
The problem is that Bandana and Sailor look like the same without their hats, and Bandana Dee's name will probably be Waddle Dee, if he is playable.
I think the inclusion of a Sailor Dee alt would make Waddle Dee in Smash ... generic, like ... it's a Waddle Dee!
I don't know, meh.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The problem is that Bandana and Sailor look like the same without their hats, and Bandana Dee's name will probably be Waddle Dee, if he is playable.
I think the inclusion of a Sailor Dee alt would make Waddle Dee in Smash ... generic, like ... it's a Waddle Dee!
I don't know, meh.
Yeah, I think that he could have other costumes though! But, Sailor Dee is just not that kind of material!

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't know, meh.
I'd think they would call him Bandana Dee or Bandana Waddle Dee. Calling him waddle dee would be like calling Captain Toad, just toad

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd think they would call him Bandana Dee or Bandana Waddle Dee. Calling him waddle dee would be like calling Captain Toad, just toad
I agree with the name, but I think Bandana Dee has more potential for costumes. Not that I don't like Sailor Dee, I just think it's not in the spirit of the character!

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
*Sighs* I've certainly been guilty of the accidental double post as well in the past on other threads.. (Of course I did only join like a week ago.)

I have been getting better though.. Mr. Edit button is certainly helpful!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As to alts.. I would certainly hope the Dees would be as colorful as Kirby's alts XD

Anyway, speculation time: I wonder if it could be possible for that Waddle dee from Kirby 64 to be Bandana dee? (Of course if that were the case, that would mean he lost his bandana on that adventure.. lol) I could imagine it since it seemed to know Kirby.. then again, what do I know? lol

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
After a bit of thought, I came to the conclusion that Bandana Dee should just have his Bandana and the rest of his costumes could just be colors!

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah that's it!

So have I read some of the mangas of there!
oh yeah....

WHY THE H*** HAVEN'T NINTENDO BROUGHT THOSE TO THE WEST AND TRANSLATED YET! THEY PROMISED YEARS AGO!!!!!
Companies don't always keep their promises :/

Also...

Am I the only one that thinks it would be a good promotional move if a theoretical Bandana Dee was bundled with a Rainbow Curse stage and some trophies as a DLC pack?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To make my feelings clear, I have no faith that BD will make it as Smash 4 DLC...

But man would I be hype for him if he did make it.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
To make my feelings clear, I have no faith that BD will make it as Smash 4 DLC...

I don't even have a solid opinion of anything yet myself.. I mean the ballot won't end for quite a while...

We could see anyone at this point

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I seemed to have missed a Ssb4 battle opporunity and a new Magolor thread while I was gone for the weekend. I will smash with anyone if they want to, but I have no idea how bad my internet is atm.

Edit: On the 3ds version

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The comment that said Bandana Dee won't be in, it was mean and uncalled for!
Um... did you notice what he said at the bottom?..

"But man would I be hype for him if he did make it."

Its not that he doesn't want him in, he just has doubts. There isn't anything wrong with that is there? :o

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Um... did you notice what he said at the bottom?..

"But man would I be hype for him if he did make it."

Its not that he doesn't want him in, he just has doubts. There isn't anything wrong with that is there? :o
You're right, sorry!!! I just want him in so badly I don't know what got to me!

I'm really exited for Bandana Dee, I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You're right, sorry!!! I just want him in so badly I don't know what got to me!
Heh, I can understand what you mean. Comments can get to us some times.

However just remember to keep calm :p. If theres a true hate comment, if the arguments are unfounded, they can always be countered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, you might notice by now there is more than one character in my signature. This is due to a few facts actually...

I'll be honest with you. Before I joined Smashboards I had my focus set primarily on Banjo & Kazooie/Rayman.. but, as I read through some of the various campaigns, I started to see the potential of the other candidates... and decided ultimately to root for more than one character.. As I could never just focus on one when there are so many deserving candidates out there. ^_^

As to the double posting, remember, the edit button is our friend ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, to those interested, my signature has links to other campaigns, as well as this one. It should be of help to anyone thread hopping. ^_^

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
His taunts:

Up: Twirls his spear in the air, then looks around as if he's embarrassed.

Side: Waves at the player.

Down: Throws his spear in the air. As it comes down, he tries to catch it, but it hits him on his head. He picks it up off the ground as if he's agitated.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
On a latter note, semi Off topic but has anyone seen this before? (If it's already been mentioned in this thread before, forgive me ._.)

I actually prefer this over Bad copy, a similar Kirby-fied Bad Apple video.. mostly due to the presence of so many characters from the series in it... Bandana Dee is in it too if I recall ^_^ (Though Bad copy is still pretty cool)

edsett

Smash Apprentice

Even if Smash 4 DLC doesn't work out, the next Smash installment is there. ;)

On a latter note, semi Off topic but has anyone seen this before? (If it's already been mentioned in this thread before, forgive me ._.)

I actually prefer this over Bad copy, a similar Kirby-fied Bad Apple video.. mostly due to the presence of so many characters from the series in it... Bandana Dee is in it too if I recall ^_^ (Though Bad copy is still pretty cool)
Yeah, I love that video! Kirby fans are so creative.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Even if Smash 4 DLC doesn't work out, the next Smash installment is there. ;)

Yeah, I love that video! Kirby fans are so creative.
Exactly. People are forgetting the possibility that Nintendo could use the Ballot information for future installments as well as for the current DLC Scheme

Last edited:
Top Bottom