• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Why are we arguing about Waddle Dee-Paddle Dee-Puddle Dee-Poodle Dee-Noodle Dee-Nupital Dee-Nipple Dee-Ripple Dee-Supple Dee-Simple Dee-Sample Dee-Sandpole Dee-Banjo Dee-Lantern Dee-Banter Dee-Bandolier Dee-Bandana Dee again? (Took me like five minutes to do that guys)

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Why are we arguing about Waddle Dee-Paddle Dee-Puddle Dee-Poodle Dee-Noodle Dee-Nupital Dee-Nipple Dee-Ripple Dee-Supple Dee-Simple Dee-Sample Dee-Sandpole Dee-Banjo Dee-Lantern Dee-Banter Dee-Bandolier Dee-Bandana Dee again? (Took me like five minutes to do that guys)
Some :troll: decided Bandana Dee was being thrown by Dedede in brawl because Bandana Dee is a generic waddle dee

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
you forgot sailor dee mate:p
but ya some troll was trying to convince us that the waddle dee that king dedede threw was bandana dee, and that he will follow toads fate,
just some stupid nonsense (the convincing part, not the end up like toad part, sadly that's still possible:urg:)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Some :troll: decided Bandana Dee was being thrown by Dedede in brawl because Bandana Dee is a generic waddle dee

I i had no clue who Bandana waddle Dee was, i only asked if it was being thrown by Dedede in brawl.

If any thing i see him as a AT.

but ya some troll was trying to convince us that the waddle dee that king dedede threw was bandana dee, and that he will follow toads fate,
just some stupid nonsense (the convincing part, not the end up like toad part, sadly that's still possible:urg:)

I like being called a troll.For over 2 years i have stood by Rosalina having people tell me shed me nothing more than a AT.

And look at her now. shes playable character.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Oh, I know what you were arguing about, I was just wondering why you were arguing in the first place, haha.

And I know, I realized that I didn't include sailor, but it was convoluted enough as it was and I didn't want to waste more time working it in. :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I like being called a troll.For over 2 years i have stood by Rosalina having people tell me shed me nothing more than a AT.

and you think your the only one? (not the troll part, people called you that because you thought the brawl waddle dee, was bandana dee)
you do realize how many people immediately dis waddle "bandana" dee, because A. Kirby cast is complete, B. he's more assist status C. he could become part of king dedede moveset, and actually thought it was dumb a year or two ago, now these days its much more accepted, and you rarely hear it, but it was and still is there mate, all of us fans over here are hoping for the exact same thing to happen to waddle "bandana" dee, that happen to Rosalina.
though congrats on Rosalina, (waddle "bandana" dee please be next, please:sadeyes:)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I honestly don't get the generic character/enemy argument.

Pikachu is a generic enemy in the Pokemon games. So is Jigglypuff. Yoshi is generic as well. It's not like you get disqualified if you're part of a common species.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Hes been in 5 games that makes him important.

Toads been in i dont know how many and ended up as peaches move,Witch my holl point was to start with, is that i dont see them taking him out of being a move to being playable they havent done it with toad so why would they do it for him?.
They put Rosalina in after 5(?) games.

Anyway, 'Bandana Dee' isn't the same as the many Waddle Dees that appeared in Brawl.
Yes. As in, he's his bodyguard/servant.

Not some lackey he randomly throws. The rosalina reveal helps bandana dee like it or not, they are both characters that are being pushed lately. oh and sakurai isn't modest, kirby took up half the trailer lol.
To be fair, Kirby was the most fitting character to show in the trailer; he travels like space like Rosalina. It was also meant to fool people into thinking it was a new Kirby Air Ride and tie into the new Mario Kart trailer all at once. If they had shown another space-related character like Samus or Fox, people would have went berserk because unlike the Kirby series, they haven't received new games for their respective series' in quite a while.

And metaknight was made OP
kirby was made high tier in 64
By that logic, Sakurai doesn't like like Mario because he was bad in Brawl, and HATES poor Ganondorf XD. I think you're also forgetting that Kirby was dreadful in Melee and mediocre in Brawl.
Dedede was planned in 64.

Dat ain't modesty. :laugh:
Eh, but he still didn't make it until Brawl. Anyway I still believe Sakurai is pretty modest... except maybe that one scene with the Dragoon in Subspace haha.

Uh... so yeah, that was my first post here; I just wanted to say that Bandana Dee has my support!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I i had no clue who Bandana waddle Dee was, i only asked if it was being thrown by Dedede in brawl.

If any thing i see him as a AT.

Ya know I like being called a troll to lol. (that was off topic)
Anywho let's get back to reactions.
Here's mine:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
and you think your the only one? (not the troll part, people called you that because you thought the brawl waddle dee, was bandana dee)
you do realize how many people immediately dis waddle "bandana" dee, because A. Kirby cast is complete, B. he's more assist status C. he could become part of king dedede moveset, and actually thought it was dumb a year or two ago, now these days its much more accepted, and you rarely hear it, but it was and still is there mate, all of us fans over here are hoping for the exact same thing to happen to waddle "bandana" dee, that happen to Rosalina.
though congrats on Rosalina, (waddle "bandana" dee please be next, please:sadeyes:)

Well sadly hes irelevant to me, i said i wikied it and it stated that he was bandana" dee.

And yet you keep calling me a troll.

thanks,Mabe bandana" dee will be next.:)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Anyway, 'Bandana Dee' isn't the same as the many Waddle Dees that appeared in Brawl.
To be fair, Kirby was the most fitting character to show in the trailer; he travels like space like Rosalina. It was also meant to fool people into thinking it was a new Kirby Air Ride and tie into the new Mario Kart trailer all at once. If they had shown another space-related character like Samus or Fox, people would have went berserk because unlike the Kirby series, they haven't received new games for their respective series' in quite a while.

By that logic, Sakurai doesn't like like Mario because he was bad in Brawl, and HATES poor Ganondorf XD. I think you're also forgetting that Kirby was dreadful in Melee and mediocre in Brawl.
Eh, but he still didn't make it until Brawl. Anyway I still believe Sakurai is pretty modest... except maybe that one scene with the Dragoon in Subspace haha.

Uh... so yeah, that was my first post here; I just wanted to say that Bandana Dee has my support!
He coulda used fox as well but didn't. (it woulda been a better troll option imo)

not sakurai's fault that he tried to keep mario iconic and stuff's, he was pretty decent in melee and 64. ganondorf was a last minute clone, and he probably decided people liked his play style and made a few minor changes. And you haven't seen brawl kirby enough, he's okay at best not below average, this is OT anyway.

Time constraints.

Anyway nice to see another supporter. welcome.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

welcome newcomer to the smashboards, and thanks for showing support for waddle "bandana" dee!
Well sadly hes irelevant to me, i said i wikied it and it stated that he was bandana" dee.

And yet you keep calling me a troll.

thanks,Mabe bandana" dee will be next.:)
well that's fine then, he maybe irrelevant to you, but he's wanted by a surprisingly amount of people, matter of wants and opinion something you always got to respect, oh well look on the bright side, by the look of your name, I can guess your favorite character got in, so I'll say it again congratulations mate

well then, it was unnecessary then, I apologize

us fans can only hope that he doesn't get deconfirmed by king dedede

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I honestly don't get the generic character/enemy argument.

Pikachu is a generic enemy in the Pokemon games. So is Jigglypuff. Yoshi is generic as well. It's not like you get disqualified if you're part of a common species.
Unless you're Toad... :(

There's a difference with Waddle Dee already, though, because the bandanna-wearing Waddle Dee, unlike Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi, actually has a distinguishing feature to be able to tell him apart from his brethren - the bandanna. Just how what he consider THE Toad wears red and blue, completely unique and not seen on any other Toads, Waddle Dee is completely unique from all other Waddle Dee's - and in both cases, each can do things that their species can not, such as lift heaby objects (Toad) or wield a spear (Waddle Dee), and in both cases, their species have been featured in the attacks of existing characters. However, while Toad's chances are in the gutter considering that Peach's Toad model is THE Toad, King Dedede throws out generic Waddle Dee's, not the spear-wield, bandana-wearing Waddle Dee.

So Waddle Dee's chances are inherently higher than all four of the above, considering that he's a part of a common species, but he has things that set him apart, and more importantly, he isn't a part of somebody's moveset. Whether that'll get him a place, I don't know (though I'd hope so), but yes, in Waddle Dee's case the generic character/enemy argument simply does not work.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
He coulda used fox as well but didn't. (it woulda been a better troll option imo)

not sakurai's fault that he tried to keep mario iconic and stuff's, he was pretty decent in melee and 64. ganondorf was a last minute clone, and he probably decided people liked his play style and made a few minor changes. And you haven't seen brawl kirby enough, he's okay at best not below average, this is OT anyway.

Time constraints.

Anyway nice to see another supporter. welcome.
I wasn't talking about Ganondorf being a clone, and I know Kirby can be amazing; he's my main and I've seen plenty of videos of good players using him. All I was just saying was that I don't think Sakurai creates certain characters with the intent of making them good/bad.

Anyway, I'm sorry for going off topic. Thank you for the welcome!

D

Deleted member

"Just how what he consider THE Toad wears red and blue, completely unique and not seen on any other Toads"
"each can do things that their species can not, such as lift heaby objects (Toad) or wield a spear (Waddle Dee)"

lolnope

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
"Just how what he consider THE Toad wears red and blue, completely unique and not seen on any other Toads"
"each can do things that their species can not, such as lift heaby objects (Toad) or wield a spear (Waddle Dee)"

lolnope
If you're gonna criticize my opinion, at least quote me officially. What do you have a problem with? The fact that I mispelt words? (I'll give you "heaby" haha, but "he" was meant to be "we")

D

Deleted member

I don't nitpick at misspellings; I nitpick at false statements.

There are plenty of Toads that share the red/blue color scheme.
All Toads are capable of the same things.
Bandana Waddle Dee isn't the only Waddle Dee to use a spear. The reason he uses a spear to begin with is because of the Spear Waddle Dees.

D

Deleted member

I nitpick at ones that I notice. Truth be told, if this thread had more activity than it does right now, I probably wouldn't have noticed the things I nitpicked.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
While it's certainly true that many Waddle Dees use spears, none have shown the ability to use them to the extent that Bandana Dee can. I think it's pretty clear that he is a special case.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Then I apologize for being in the wrong, as it is late and I do not understand how I forgot both of those, haha. No hard feelings.

Then again, the fact that it is late probably explains why the thread isn't all that active - because everybody's asleep.

D

Deleted member

@CombatScouter: Which, while true, is irrelevant to the point at hand. Point being that Bandana D. isn't the only one with a spear.

@Inawordyes: None taken. And yeah, it is rather late. I should probably hit sack myself...

Reznor

work in progress
yes Bandanna Dee might just be a generic Waddle Dee in a bandanna and yes Dedede has a move that throws them BUT I still don't see why that would lowers his chances

D

Deleted member

It shouldn't, unless Dedede is chucking Bandana Dee this time around. Which we have yet to see since we haven't even seen Dedede yet.

Bandana Dee seems more like the "elite mook". Visually, he's no different than a random member of the mook species other than an article of clothing, but it's enough to set him on a higher level, especially since he seems to be Dedede's "sidekick" of sorts.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
yes Bandanna Dee might just be a generic Waddle Dee in a bandanna and yes Dedede has a move that throws them BUT I still don't see why that would lowers his chances
It only lowers his chances if Dedede is confirmed to throw him when he is revealed.
EDIT: I have absolutely never gotten ninjad before but I got ninjad twice today...What's up with that?

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
@CombatScouter: Which, while true, is irrelevant to the point at hand. Point being that Bandana D. isn't the only one with a spear.

@Inawordyes: None taken. And yeah, it is rather late. I should probably hit sack myself...
Sure, I know. I'm just sharing my two cents.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

Clarifications...

Waddle Dee is a species of enemy.

Bandana Dee is a specific individual from that species that actually has a character, personality, background, history, etc..

What Yoshi is to the Yoshi species is what Bandana Dee is to Waddle Dees.

One individual out of a species.

It's not hard to understand.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I would like to say that Bandana Dee's bandana is not the only thing that differentiates him from normal Waddle Dees, he is more reddish than the others.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So much dedication to Bandanna Dee here in this thread. Well done Chandelure.
I don't see a supporters list, in the OP. Do you think you could add it sometime?
Oh, thank you :)
Well, the list of supporters is in the poll :awesome:
You can press the number of votes and see all the people who voted in that option.
You can see the supporters (YES) and the enemies XD (NO).
If you want to support Bandana Dee you will need to press YES.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Rosalina helps this little guy as it shows there's nothing against newer characters from classic series.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Well, I've always supported Bandana Dee, but this thread really makes him look awesome. I support.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
So, I've been thinking about a possible Final Smash for the guy. The only way to go would be incorporating Megaton Punch, as a throwback to his origins!

Oh, and my reaction if he's in:

Top Bottom