• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'l be number 62 then. :p

I think his moveset in Kirby's Return to Dreamland can transcend really well into Smash. I think his greatest obstacle is the modesty Sakurai has about including his own characters.

D

Deleted member

I'l be number 62 then. :p

I think his moveset in Kirby's Return to Dreamland can transcend really well into Smash. I think his greatest obstacle is the modesty Sakurai has about including his own characters.
I think that Bandana Dee can get through Sakurai's modesty.

While Rosalina isn't a creation of Sakurai, she has given me more hope for Bandana Dee. Sakurai is looking for unique characters and Bandana Dee can easily offer uniqueness. It wouldn't be hard for him to implement anyway since the blueprints for a Smash moveset are pretty well-established in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Starbound

Yeah. Bandana Dee has to exude his uniqueness to make it over the roadblock. Which he does really well. Unless you're dead set on like Ephraim or something.

I think the argument that he's a side character is destroyed by Rosalina. If you're unique enough, you'll be given a spot.

D

Deleted member

I think the argument that he's a side character is destroyed by Rosalina. If you're unique enough, you'll be given a spot.
Rosalina is becoming some sort of staple to the Mario series. It's actually kinda like Bandana Dee as while many consider him to be a side character, he is becoming a staple to the Kirby series. I think that Rosalina's uniqueness has helped out other characters… and one of them is definitely King K. Rool in my opinion.

Starbound

Yeah, that is a fair stance to take on him.

Man, now I feel like playing Return to Dreamland again. Too bad I need someone else to play if I wanna be Bandana Dee. ;/

(actually I was more of a Dedede guy myself)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah,i don't care if this is a double post XD

I was just thinking in one thing that make me a little worried.
Dedede and Metaknight are like Hammer and Sword Kirby powers, but Dedede has his Super Jump and Waddle Dee throw and Metaknight can fly and teleport...so ,what can Bandana Dee do that Spear Kirby can't do?
The only thing that I can think is that he can represent all the Waddle Dees and:

Use a parasol:

Or a super bounce, like Waddle Dee ball in Canvas Curse:

Throw explosive coconuts:

Or use his "servant abilities" :

What do you think?

Last edited:

Starbound

I'd go with the parasol, but I'd try to limit yourself. You don't want to make Waddle Dee a kitchen sink character ala villager, as that makes him harder to stand out.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I thought I came in this thread saying I support Bandana Dee, but after ctrl+F searching through to pages I couldn't find myself here. So I figured I'd come in and say that I'd like to see Bandana Dee in the game. I apologize for not reading through every single page

I do believe the Kirby series is going to stick with the 4 player style, with Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Bandana Dee as the main heroes. Which I'm fine with (except for Meta Knight being kirbified, both in looks and gameplay.).

There's 2 minor things I worry about.
#1 While he has been in a lot of the games, I worry that he still may go back to being a background character. Unlikely but it can happen.
#2 I worry about Magalor getting in over Bandana Dee, and/or Magalor replacing Bandana Dee for future Kirby games. Unlikely once again, it's just someone mentioned that Magalor was going to be in more Kirby games, however his only source was the anniversary Kirby game where you race Magalor. While he could come back as a villain, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a good guy like Meta Knight + DDD. At that point he might replace Bandana Dee, which I hope not, I'd rather have him as a 5th playable character....... And I like the idea of MK being the fast,mobile, aerial close range character, DDD the slow hard hitting guy, Magalor the Mage, Bandana Dee as the long range character, and Kirby as the jack of all trades. :p

Aside from those things, I don't really worry about Bandana Dee getting in Smash.... On a side note, after what happened with Meta Knight's moveset in brawl, I think Bandana Dee's moveset will be something none of us expect, I do hope he at least has his spear helicopter type attack from return to dreamland though, that's awesome.
..... I really want to get Return to Dreamland, I've watched like 20 playthroughs of it by now.....

Though, Meta Knight is in the game, and there's a lot of other characters from nintendo I love as well, so if Bandana Dee doesn't get in, I won't be mad. Though, you can bet I'll love to have Bandana Dee and Meta Knight as a team quite often.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I thought I came in this thread saying I support Bandana Dee, but after ctrl+F searching through to pages I couldn't find myself here. So I figured I'd come in and say that I'd like to see Bandana Dee in the game. I apologize for not reading through every single page

I do believe the Kirby series is going to stick with the 4 player style, with Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Bandana Dee as the main heroes. Which I'm fine with (except for Meta Knight being kirbified, both in looks and gameplay.).

There's 2 minor things I worry about.
#1 While he has been in a lot of the games, I worry that he still may go back to being a background character. Unlikely but it can happen.
#2 I worry about Magalor getting in over Bandana Dee, and/or Magalor replacing Bandana Dee for future Kirby games. Unlikely once again, it's just someone mentioned that Magalor was going to be in more Kirby games, however his only source was the anniversary Kirby game where you race Magalor. While he could come back as a villain, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a good guy like Meta Knight + DDD. At that point he might replace Bandana Dee, which I hope not, I'd rather have him as a 5th playable character....... And I like the idea of MK being the fast,mobile, aerial close range character, DDD the slow hard hitting guy, Magalor the Mage, Bandana Dee as the long range character, and Kirby as the jack of all trades. :p

Aside from those things, I don't really worry about Bandana Dee getting in Smash.... On a side note, after what happened with Meta Knight's moveset in brawl, I think Bandana Dee's moveset will be something none of us expect, I do hope he at least has his spear helicopter type attack from return to dreamland though, that's awesome.
..... I really want to get Return to Dreamland, I've watched like 20 playthroughs of it by now.....

Though, Meta Knight is in the game, and there's a lot of other characters from nintendo I love as well, so if Bandana Dee doesn't get in, I won't be mad. Though, you can bet I'll love to have Bandana Dee and Meta Knight as a team quite often.
Hi! thanks for support Bandana Dee :), If you want to appear as a supporter you can vote YES in the poll, you can see the other supporters by clicking the number of votes.
1# Bandana Dee as a background character is preeetty unlikely, if he isn't a playable character I'm pretty sure he will be an AT.
2# Magolor, I don't know...he is old news, in Kirby Triple Deluxe we have Bandana Dee , but no Magolor, there is another villain, I know that he can be in the game because the game is not released yet, but still, is pretty unlikely IMO.

That's what I think XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To me, Magolor is just a one-off villain, like most of the villains in Kirby have been. The only real prominent one was Dark Matter and it is no longer in games after Kirby 64. I mostly consider Meta Knight to be a good guy and King Dedede as an anti-hero.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Bandana Dee is Sakurai's character and he has been getting a lot of important roles as of recent. I think he may have a big chance of making it in.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
@LeeYawshee
Bandana Dee is Sakurai's Character? Did he say it's his favorite character or something?

@Brawler610 & Chandelure
I blame Shinichi Shomomura (or whatever team he had) for making Dark Matter appear in multiple games (little off topic, but in my personal opinion, the games are okay except for massively unbalanced powers, and a trend for making enemies hard to read causing you to get owned the first couple times and the game being easier than other Kirby games once you know what to do, it's like a false difficulty)

I agree that Magolor does seem like 1 shot material, which is why I found it strange when I saw him in another game racing Kirby through a stage, though I'm pretty sure it was just a small feature, I don't know what the game is called because it was only in japanese at the time I saw it. We'll just have to see what happens in the next major Kirby title.

@Topic
If Bandana Dee does not get in this Smash for whatever reason, do you think he'll get in for SSB5?

D

Deleted member

@Topic
If Bandana Dee does not get in this Smash for whatever reason, do you think he'll get in for SSB5?
Depends on the developments for this game.

If Bandana Dee is an Assist Trophy or isn't a character in general, then he would be a good candidate for SSB5. However, if Bandana Dee becomes a part of King Dedede's side special, then Bandana Dee has no hope in future Smash games. I am more confident in Bandana Dee for both the recent developments and for the fact that he is Japan's most wanted Kirby character.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
@LeeYawshee
Bandana Dee is Sakurai's Character? Did he say it's his favorite character or something?
Bandana Dee is Sakurai's character just like all of the Kirby characters. He is Kirby's creator and he is also Smash Bros' creator. However he also doesn't want to over-represent his series so keep that in mind.

D

Deleted member

Bear in mind that just because he made the Kirby series doesn't mean all Kirby characters are his.

Best example that comes to mind is Dark Matter. Sakurai did not make Dark Matter nor any of the games Dark Matter is featured.
Waddle Dees are Sakurai's creation though, including the one in the bandana since it first appeared in Super Star, a Sakurai game.

I also agree that Rosalina kind of bodes well for Bandana Waddle Dee. However, Dee's biggest obstacle was always Sakurai being hesitant on his own series.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
@ LeeYawshee LeeYawshee
@Brawler610 & Chandelure
I blame Shinichi Shomomura (or whatever team he had) for making Dark Matter appear in multiple games (little off topic, but in my personal opinion, the games are okay except for massively unbalanced powers, and a trend for making enemies hard to read causing you to get owned the first couple times and the game being easier than other Kirby games once you know what to do, it's like a false difficulty)

@TopiC

Unbalanced powers...HAMMER! XDD
Like Brawler 610 said, he is practically one the most likely characters for SSB5 except if his part of Dedede's moveset.
Bandana Dee is Sakurai's character just like all of the Kirby characters. He is Kirby's creator and he is also Smash Bros' creator. However he also doesn't want to over-represent his series so keep that in mind.
I'm not so sure about this, but Prince Fluff or characters like that are not from Sakurai because he is not working in the Kirby games since Kirby Air Ride, but Bandana Dee's first appearance was in Kirby Super Star, so he is Sakurai's character.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Unbalanced powers...HAMMER! XDD
Like Brawler 610 said,he is practically one the most likely characters for SSB5 except if his part of Dedede's moveset.
I'm not so sure about this,but Prince Fluff or characters like that are not from Sakurai because he is not working in the Kirby games since Kirby Air Ride,but Bandana Dee's first appearence was in Kirby Super Star,so he is a Sakurai's character.
Hammer is generally a rare power to find though since it's only from mini-bosses or special game modes (even then it has somewhat short range and is a little slow). I'm not saying sakurai's kirby games are 100% balanced anyways. I'm just saying dreamland 2,3, and 64 are glaringly obvious when it comes to imbalance, to the point where some power ups are more of a hinderance when you get them, and others make the games rediculously easy.

@LeeYawshee
Just was making sure, since they are from his franchise. I just wasn't sure if it was stated that Bandana Dee was his favorite character or something.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I got one:
how would you guys react if bandana Dee was revealed to be a newcomer Monday? what would be your initial reaction?
[collapse=me]

Yesssssssssssss!
[/collapse]
My top 3 for SSB4 were Bandana Dee, Mega Man, and Little Mac. Just one more and I'd be the happiest dude alive.

D

Deleted member

I got one:
how would you guys react if bandana Dee was revealed to be a newcomer Monday? what would be your initial reaction?
[collapse=me]

Yesssssssssssss!
[/collapse]
So happy. I would probably scream due to my happiness!

Reznor

work in progress
sorry but I don't wanna read 14 pages even if they are about the amazing Waddle Dee anyways do you guys think Waddle Dee would get most of his move set from Kirby return to dream land?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
sorry but I don't wanna read 14 pages even if they are about the amazing Waddle Dee anyways do you guys think Waddle Dee would get most of his move set from Kirby return to dream land?
basically, RTDL basically leave out the blue prints for him,
but knowing sakurai, he'll probably leave a few thing from other games in there somewhere

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Isn't he one of King Dedede's moves?
Like Toads one of Peaches moves?

<Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Throw>
does that waddle dee look like this one?

I think not:smirk:

but you are right though, he could end up being kind DDD's side B, that's why we are waiting patiently for his reveal, so we can see if he uses him . . .
if he does use him, then well, he's deconfirmed, but if he isn't shown then he isn't, simple as that
Edit: whoops double post:ohwell:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Considering Meta Knight's treatment in Brawl, I expect almost everything to be different, except maybe 1 or 2 moves from the games (probably would be the spear helicopter, which would probably lead it to being a recovery move). Or maybe he'll have moves of a future Kirby game we havent seen because Sakurai can see into the future in that reguard.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

but you are right though, he could end up being kind DDD's side B, that's why we are waiting patiently for his reveal, so we can see if he uses him . . .
if he does use him, then well, he's deconfirmed, but if he isn't shown then he isn't, simple as that

I took it they was both the same. witch in fact he is so some one needs to do some research lol.

Bandana Waddle Dee is the nickname for the unnamed Waddle Dee who wears a blue bandana first seen in Kirby Super Star.
\
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Bandana_Waddle_Dee

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yes :D
Isn't he one of King Dedede's moves?
Like Toads one of Peaches moves?

<Side Special Move: Waddle Dee Throw>
That's a normal Waddle Dee, Bandana Dee is more powerful than a normal Waddle Dee and is Dedede's right hand.

I think not :smirk:

Christmas or January.
Dedede's reveal is near.

Last edited:

Starbound

Obviously if he's in, he won't get a confirmation trailer until Dedede shows up.

And I'd feel incredibly optimistic if Dedede shows up and he's not tossing waddle dees.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I took it they was both the same. witch in fact he is so some one needs to do some research lol.

Bandana Waddle Dee is the nickname for the unnamed Waddle Dee who wears a blue bandana first seen in Kirby Super Star.
\
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Bandana_Waddle_Dee
I did do my research mate, yes his name is waddle Dee (don't know why you will bring that up, we were talking about appearance) but just because his name is the same, doesn't make him the same generic waddle dee, he is in fact king dedede's right hand man, and actally has some important roles in the games, along with a new one in Kirby triple deluxe.
and just to quote the OP F.M.O
C: Bandana Dee is just a generic Waddle Dee.
A: No, he is not just a Waddle Dee,he is more powerful than normal Waddle Dees,is an expert with the spear and is King Dedede's right hand.
stating Bandana dee is the same as an generic waddle dee, marks the lack of research mate, I recommend you do that

D

Deleted member

Obviously if he's in, he won't get a confirmation trailer until Dedede shows up.
I think that we need Meta Knight and King Dedede to get revealed before Bandana Dee does. We can have the trailer be very reminiscent of Kirby's Return to Dream Land where Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are on an adventure. They all journey along and then come across Bowser, who suddenly attacks our trio. Then we see a sharp and shining spear be thrown at Bowser, and then Bandana Dee comes in and saves the trio. The text pops up and says, "Bandana Dee serves in!" At the end of the trailer, we see Bandana Dee walk along with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede while Bowser is left un-conscience with his head on the ground. Along with his confirmation would be the reveal of Cookie Country as a stage.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I did do my research mate, yes his name is waddle Dee (don't know why you will bring that up, we were talking about appearance) but just because his name is the same, doesn't make him the same generic waddle dee, he is in fact king dedede's right hand man, and actally has some important roles in the games, along with a new one in Kirby triple deluxe.
and just to quote the OP F.M.O

stating Bandana dee is the same as an generic waddle dee, marks the lack of research mate, I recommend you do that

No because you just said it wasin't the same and now your going back on what you just stated.

Stating that there not then stating that they are shows you lack of research get your facts straight before telling others to do there research.!

Your argument is invalid!.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
No because you just said it wasin't the same and now your going back on what you just stated.

Stating that there not then stating that they are shows you lack of research get your facts straight before telling others to do there research.!

Your argument is invalid!.
my argument is invalid because I said that his official name is waddle Dee? while I said before that he is a waddle dee?
that does not make much sense you know

Top Bottom