• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Playable character status is always ideal, even if it doesn't entail the entire game. I feel as though that is when gamers can truly connect with the character and have a chance to experience what they are all about. So even in just a mini-game, his playable status helps. The results may be negligible in the end; but it is a big deal to us.
And to me, but i wasnt asking that kind of playabbility xD and come on, no body wants to guess?

D

Deleted member

I really hope they make a Wii U game next, not only does the console need it, but local co-op is just too much fun.
I bet that they will do that! I hope to see a 3D Kirby game some time in the future, but I love the Kirby games how they are now.

Lets say "Triple Deluxe" means 3 playable characters, who do you want them to be and why?
I will pick rick and goey :p
As characters in the whole adventure, I say Meta Knight and Bandana Dee. I would choose King Dedede, but it looks like he is gonna be possessed again. (I'm not counting the minigame looking thing with him in it)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So quick question, does anyone have an idea of what his Final Smash would be like? That seems like the biggest hurdle to get over in terms of his moveset potential. Everything else can be taken from what he can do in Return to Dreamland, with a little bit of Kirby's other moves thrown in. Given that the two have pretty similar body shapes.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Could be Megaton Punch.

D

Deleted member

I have an idea for the Megaton Punch.

Bandana Dee will go to the highest point of the screen and winds up for 3 seconds. When he unleashes his attack, the whole stage moves downward; this would KO anyone who weren't in the air. The stage will move back to it's original position after 3 seconds have passed.

Think of it as The Devil Assist Trophy, only just a little more… evil.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
My moveset had Megaton Punch as his down B.

Edit: found it
I'm done the moveset, sorry I completely forgot.

[COLLAPSE=SuperBrawler's Specials-Only Moveset]Bandana Dee Moveset

Neutral B: Javelin. Bandana Dee throws his spear forward in an ark, then pulls put another one. If you hold B, he holds it in throwing position, and you can aim it. He throws it when you let go, dealing 9% each.

Side B: Parasol. Bandana Dee pulls out his Parasol and holds it before him, spinning it. If you keep tapping B he spins it longer. It also deflects projectiles. It is a combo move that deals 2 or 3% each hit! for up to 10 seconds.

Up B: Spearcopter. Bandana Dee twirls his spear above him rapidly, making him fly upward. It is another combo move, but is stronger and doesn't last as long, dealing 4 or 5% each hit.

Down B: Megaton Punch. Bandana Dee very quickly jumps up then down, punching the ground. While he does this, his fist glows, and anyone beside him gets hit. Deals 13% with pretty big knockback.

Final Smash: Waddle Dee Mob. Bandana Dee summons a huge mob of normal Waddle Dees, who attack all his enemies, Bandana Dee can also attack and help the Waddle Dees.[/COLLAPSE]

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So quick question, does anyone have an idea of what his Final Smash would be like? That seems like the biggest hurdle to get over in terms of his moveset potential. Everything else can be taken from what he can do in Return to Dreamland, with a little bit of Kirby's other moves thrown in. Given that the two have pretty similar body shapes.
If Sakurai can make a Final Smash for Peach or R.O.B, obviously he will be able to make one for Waddle Dee, and some Final Smashes make no sense, Sakurai makes them with his imagination not with the abilities of the characters. (Bowser, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, R.O.B, Metaknight ,etc can't do their Final Smashes in their games, they are exclusive for Smash).
And well,the easiest way to make Waddle Dee's Final Smash is giving him Waddle Dee army and giving Dedede a Masked Dedede Final Smash.
That's what I think XD

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
he can only do one power at a time.

If is too obvious i can come with a mario strikers pic or a devil world screenshot if you want ;D
My point is that yoshi actually use them in the games, not in the same way, but he does.

You are comparing him with peach and luigi, when is actually closer to Zamus and Pit, or even the superspicy curry.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If is too obvious i can come with a mario strikers pic or a devil world screenshot if you want ;D
My point is that yoshi actually use them in the games, not in the same way, but he does.
You are comparing him with peach and luigi, when is actually closer to Zamus and Pit, or even the superspicy curry.
I really don't care about this discussion, so I will stop XD

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Sakurai can make a Final Smash for Peach or R.O.B ,obviously he will be able to make one for Waddle Dee, and most Final Smashes doesn't make sense,Sakurai makes them with his imagination not with the abilities of the characters. (Bowser,Luigi,Peach,Yoshi,R.O.B,Metaknight,etc can't do their Final Smashes in their games,they are exclusive for Smash).
And well,the easiest way to make Waddle Dee's Final Smash is giving him Waddle Dee army and giving Dedede a Masked Dedede Final Smash.
That's what I think XD

Well to be fair some of those are based on things that the characters themselves can do, albeit loosely. Bowser is known for growing larger in some games, so Giga Bowser is just an exaggerated version of that. Peach's might be inspired by her supporter type role in Super Mario RPG. Yoshi's is based on the powers he can use when he eats various shells in Super Mario World. Though like Giga Bowser, Yoshi's Super Dragon mode is just an exaggerated version of what the character is actually capable of.

Luigi's should be changed in my opinion, but at least it references his character's personality, or at the very least Sakurai's interpretation of said personality. Still something Luigi's mansion related would be better to me. And Meta-Knight is known for doing fancy stuff with his cape and sword, his final Smash fits him too.

But you're right with R.O.B., they just didn't have much to work with when it came to him.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I wonder how people will react when he ends up just being an occasional Dedede projectile :U

No seriously though that would be awful

D

Deleted member

I wonder how people will react when he ends up just being an occasional Dedede projectile :U

If that happened, I would be heavily disappointed. It's throwing away amazing potential just so Bandana Dee can be a part of King Dedede's moveset. It scares me if that actually happened...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

He's at least gotta be an Assist Trophy, everything under that would be a shame.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
okay guys, I think I found something trying to translate it,
I think it means the bandana Dee is a helper, meaning he's there for hints or something, according to what I'm seeing (which could utterly be wrong, I need to practice kanji more) he's not playable in triple deluxe, but he's there to help the player in some way or form
Does it say something about Streetpass?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
. . .
. . .
I don't know, let me check . . .
Edit: nope, it doesn't it has neither the words street or pass anywhere in it
Thank you! :)
I asked that because some pages on the Internet say something about Streetpass referring to that Bandana Dee pic with the Mii.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I thought I'd share this here.

Even if he's managing streetpass, I'm more than happy to see Bandana Waddle Dee continuing to appear in future Kirby games with above average roles. With Dedede being the damsel in distress in this game, I think it makes perfect sense for Waddle Dee to be supporting Kirby from the sidelines by running the streetpass service for the game to ensure that the King will be rescued.
Waddle Dee confirmed to be Toad.
View attachment 5097
Waddle Dee runs the Streetpass in Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Correction, Waddle Dee confirmed to be BLUE Toad.

So he's still got a good fighting chance.
:troll:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's good to see Bandanna Dee continuing to be an important character within the Kirby-verse. Think he'll get more playable appearances in future Kirby titles?
I think is likely or at least he will appear in all the future Kirby games, as a supporter character or maybe as a boss before a Dedede battle again, but this time,with his spear.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
@YoshiandToad
Perhaps will he be playable in future multiplayer Kirby games. It would be really cool ^^
However my main concern for now is about him getting playable appearances in Smash :awesome:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I have a new Waddle Topic.
We all know that Bandana Dee can talk.
But if he is in Smash, do you think he will have a voice?
I think a voice similar to Captain Waddle Doo's voice would be AMAZING!

Last edited:
Top Bottom