• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
my argument is invalid because I said that his official name is waddle Dee? while I said before that he is a waddle dee?
that does not make much sense you know
does that waddle dee look like this one?

I think not:smirk:
^
yes his name is waddle Dee (don't know why you will bring that up, we were talking about appearance) but just because his name is the same, doesn't make him the same generic waddle dee,
he is in fact king dedede's right hand man,

No you dont make much since after sayig it wasin't then it was then he is in fact king dedede's right hand man.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Galacta Knight has the best chances of any new Kirby villain to be added to the roster. An excellent choice if Sakurai wants an easy Meta Knight clone, but unlikely. I would like to see the revival of Kirby's animal friends and Gooey someday, but as it stands, Bandana Dee is the natural 4th Kirby rep fans are considering right now.​

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
^

No you dont make much since after sayig it wasin't then it was then hes he is in fact king dedede's right hand man.How do you know hes not the same generic waddle dee?.
because of his role in super star ultra, where he was label as the king's advisor, which Is basically his right hand man, and you got to remember he was created in 1996, and had a major role in "revenge of the king", if the waddle dee he threw was his right hand man, it would have the bandana,
and even after brawl he has gotten even more importance and distinction from his generic counter parts, mainly the spear, he also has gotten his biggest role in RTDL where he was even mention in the Instruction manual, to quote the OP again
"Hey,it's everyone's idol! Don't let the cute fool you!
He's a brave warrior who may be small,
but his spear packs a huge wallop!"
-In Game Description ,Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
along with appearing in the 20 year anniversary game, and now he is back to his servant duties in Kirby triple deluxe
he is not an average/generic waddle dee but in fact the king's second most important person in his army, and is also becoming another important character in the Kirby series
Ionekonwolf...please,ignore the troll guy
HE WAS TROLLING!?!?!
. . .
. . .
F***

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Thats cute,Cause i point out that hes King Dedede's move im a troll i just noticed i wasin't arguing with one but 2 people. Lol thats so funny.:rotfl:
First this is the Waddle Dee thread and all the supporters will defend him.
And second you are not a troll because you said he can be part of Dedede's moveset, you are a troll because you are saying that Bandana Dee is just a generic Waddle Dee.
The "Bandana Dee is just a generic enemy" is the equivalent of "Ridley is too big" in this thread.

Last edited:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
First this is the Waddle Dee thread and all the supporters will defend him.
And second you are not a troll because you said he can be part of Dedede's moveset,you are a troll because you are saying that Bandana Dee is just a generic Waddle Dee.

Yeah i noticed, i didin't say he could be i said he was.

Oh god....

I wikied it and i found that he is waddle dee get your facts straight!

Bandana Dee is the nickname for the unnamed Waddle Dee

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Bandana_Waddle_Dee

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The "Bandana Dee is just a generic enemy" is the equivalent of "Ridley is too big" in this thread.

Except bandana is by no means a generic enemy, and ridley being big is actually one of the main reason of why he is such a great idea.
:p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Oh god....

okay time to get my facts straight, hmm lets see here,
"says bandana dee is the fan nickname for the unnamed waddle dee"
"says he is simply named waddle dee"
. . . so? this is the same stuff we have been repeating before, we already discussed his name is waddle dee, we already confirmed it, are you saying just because his name is the same as his species means that he is the same as the regular generic waddle dee?
I will continue to say the same then, just because his name is waddle dee, does not make him a generic waddle dee,

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
. . . so? this is the same stuff we have been repeating before, we already discussed his name is waddle dee, we already confirmed it, are you saying just because his name is the same as his species means that he is the same as the regular generic waddle dee?
I will continue to say the same then, just because his name is waddle dee, does not make him a generic waddle dee,
He will not understand...
Except bandana is by no means a generic enemy, and ridley being big is actually one of the main reason of why he is such a great idea.
:p
Y tú, deja de molestar XDD

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Oh god....

Waddle dee= species, he is bandanna dee servant to king dedede, and I believe he is the captain of the waddle dee army, (since i haven't seen that waddle doo guy anymore)

He's being pushed hard in recent kirby games (just like rosalina was being pushed hard in mario games), and is playable in RTDR, (being pushed hard by nintendo/Hal).

If you don't get it you can always go back to the rosalina thread.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

:)....Thats like saying Dr mario and Mario is not the same.

bandana dee and waddle dee are the same,waddle dee just has a bandana on his head.

Continue as you wish but he is in fact as you say a generic waddle dee.

Zero2570, If you don't get it you can always go back to the rosalina thread.

I could but Im free spirited so i can freely post were ever i desire.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

bandana dee and waddle dee are the same,waddle dee just has a bandana on his head.

Generic waddle dee's can't fight like he can. he's not the same as a waddle dee. again, waddle dee=species

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

so by going through that logic, meta knight is part of the Kirby species, bam he is the same as Kirby just he has a mask, not much sense making now is it?

Reznor

work in progress
so I guess my point with Toad is wrong or something no one said it was or not :c
Charizard started off as a pokeball item them became playable so why can't Waddle Dee start off as part of a move and then become a playable character

D

Deleted member

Last time i checked he in fact toss's out waddle dee witch is in fact bandanna dee!
You do realize that Rosalina helps out Bandana Dee, right? They are both becoming prominent within their own series, so I think that Bandana Dee is going to get a more fighting chance to some Smash fans. Also, I have never seen any of King Dedede's Waddle Dees in Brawl wear a bandana.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Last time i checked he in fact toss's out waddle dee witch is in fact bandanna dee!
There are many flipping waddle dee's there a species. We are supporting bandana dee, who is trained to be the #1 bodyguard for king dedede.

Again why does HAL push for him if he's "just a waddle dee". because he's a BAMF that knows how to fight. a normal waddle dee can't do that. It's like saying any human (species) is good at karate just because they put a black belt on themselves. C'mon.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
didin't you just say that he is in fact king dedede's right hand man.?
Yes. As in, he's his bodyguard/servant.

Not some lackey he randomly throws. The rosalina reveal helps bandana dee like it or not, they are both characters that are being pushed lately. oh and sakurai isn't modest, kirby took up half the trailer lol.

And metaknight was made OP
kirby was made high tier in 64
Dedede was planned in 64.

Dat ain't modesty. :laugh:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
didin't you just say that he is in fact king dedede's right hand man.?
yes, if he was wearing a bandana, if the waddle dee in question does not, then he is not king dedede's right hand man, why do you not understand this mate
Not some lackey he randomly throws. The rosalina reveal helps bandana dee like it or not, they are both characters that are being pushed lately. oh and sakurai isn't modest, kirby took up half the trailer lol.

And metaknight was made OP
kirby was made high tier in 64
Dedede was planned in 64.

Dat ain't modesty. :laugh:
huh I never thought of that mate, sakurai's modesty really is a joke:laugh:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Deja de inventar cosas solo para salir del apuro pues xD
"bandana a generic enemy" pfff sometimes i feel like im the only fan of the character in this thread.
¿Cuándo dije que era un enemigo común? XD
Además, que rayos, tú votaste que NO XD

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Does anyone read the trivia?

Bandana Waddle Dee is just called Waddle Dee in all of the games he is in, though he is an actual character and not a normal Waddle Dee.
Go to that site you rely on so much and see if it stands up to your expectations of proving us wrong.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
yes, if he was wearing a bandana, if the waddle dee in question does not, then he is not king dedede's right hand man, why do you not understand this mate

You seem to not under stand my point if hes his right hand man. then hes tossing out his right hand man.why would he toss out a waddle dee when bandana waddle dee is his right hand man?.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
There are multiple Waddle Dee's. Did anyone forget this guy who runs with Meta Knight?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Cuando dije que era un enemigo comun? XD
Ademas,que rayos,tu votaste que NO XD
Ah, es que como lo escribiste parece que aceptas que lo que el dice es cierto.
Pues nada, mi error xD no lo hago por molestarte por cierto, no lo tomes a mal.

I dont always support a character for smash but when i do, is because he will bring benefits to his own franchise and the metagame of this beautiful series.

My point is that i dont see any real use on badana, more than just make the fans of the character happy, sorry.

Also, general public will not see bandana and say "OMG WHO IS HIM, I WILL MAIN HIM, LEARN EVERYTHING I CAN ABOUT HIM AND PLAY ALL OF HIS GAMES!!!!", thats just not how i see it, there are many other options available for that (this is for the ones who thinks rosalina increase bandana's chances).

So, he is likely, but i dont think he is going to get in.
But i may be wrong, lets see :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You seem to not under stand my point if hes his right hand man. then hes tossing out his right hand man.why would he toss out a waddle dee when bandana waddle dee is his right hand man?.
if I don't understand your point, its probably because your not understanding mine,
I will say it again, until the waddle dee that king dedede is throwing has a bandana on it, it is NOT! his right hand man
and the reason why he throws a generic waddle dee is simple, during brawl time the only thing he had was a minigame appearance, and a major part of one of the sub games in super star ultra, that's not really enough now is it? but now he has gotten a cameo appearance, a major importance as well as being playable, being shown on the title of Kirby 20th anniversary, and a new role in triple deluxe, back then he was probably unrecognizable, but everyone knew what a waddle dee was, so they incorporated part of king dedede's army into his moveset, now every Kirby fan recognize him, so its impossible that they will leave him out this time, but the question still remains if he will become king dedede's side B? but with I have showed you shows that he actually has gained importance being his own character, if he wasn't important, he wouldn't be shown in Kirby 20th anniversary, now would he?
but the final kicker, the thing that gives him a great edge is actually Rosalina, with her confirmed, it shows that left fielded characters that can provided something unique to the game can get him over others, bandana Dee shows that with flying colors. bandana dee has great chance to not end up replacing the generic waddle dee king dedede uses, and instead be he his own character.
There are multiple Waddle Dee's. Did anyone forget this guy who runs with Meta Knight?
nah no one forgot him, we actually discussed that he should be bandana dee's alternate costume

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
if I don't understand your point, its probably because your not understanding mine,
I will say it again, until the waddle dee that king dedede is throwing has a bandana on it, it is NOT! his right hand man
and the reason why he throws a generic waddle dee is simple, during brawl time the only thing he had was a minigame appearance, and a major part of one of the sub games in super star ultra, that's not really enough now is it? but now he has gotten a cameo appearance, a major importance as well as being playable, being shown on the title of Kirby 20th anniversary, and a new role in triple deluxe, back then he was probably unrecognizable, but everyone knew what a waddle dee was, so they incorporated part of king dedede's army into his moveset, now every Kirby fan recognize him, so its impossible that they will leave him out this time, but the question still remains if he will become king dedede's side B? but with I have showed you shows that he actually has gained importance being his own character, if he wasn't important, he wouldn't be shown in Kirby 20th anniversary, now would he?
but the final kicker, the thing that gives him a great edge is actually Rosalina, with her confirmed, it shows that left fielded characters that can provided something unique to the game can get him over others, bandana Dee shows that with flying colors. bandana dee has great chance to not end up replacing the generic waddle dee king dedede uses, and instead be he his own character.

nah no one forgot him, we actually discussed that he should be bandana dee's alternate costume
Hes been in 5 games that makes him important.

Toads been in i dont know how many and ended up as peaches move,Witch my holl point was to start with, is that i dont see them taking him out of being a move to being playable they havent done it with toad so why would they do it for him?.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

Toads been in i dont know how many and ended up as peaches move,Witch my holl point was to start with, is that i dont see them taking him out of being a move to being playable they havent done it with toad so why would they do it for him?.
But he was never in a move to begin with...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

for starters, he isn't a move, a normal waddle dee is, which makes him different from the already toad who has been a move since melee, second Rosalina, with her confirmation, shows that sakurai is promoting out of field characters who can provide unique movesets, which toad was a front liner (or at least was) while bandana dee was out in the back of newcomer possibilities because many saw the Kirby franchise complete, that's the difference between toad and waddle "bandana" dee

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
But he was never in a move to begin with...

Who?

Never mind i had to think about what you mint lol.

for starters, he isn't a move, a normal waddle dee is, which makes him different from the already toad who has been a move since melee, second Rosalina, with her confirmation, shows that sakurai is promoting out of field characters who can provide unique movesets, which toad was a front liner (or at least was) while bandana dee was out in the back of newcomer possibilities because many saw the Kirby franchise complete, that's the difference between toad and waddle "bandana" dee
Rosalina is also different than bandana waddle dee.

What are you all going to do if he ends up as an AT? or replaces waddle dee?

Top Bottom