• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Groose

Smash Champion
does this site mess up for anyone else
for me there is no next button only a "arrow to the newest comic" button :(
Known issue. Last I heard, Matthew was "working on it."

Just hit "go to last" then hit previous twice to get to part two. Repeat this to get to part three. It's worth your time, trust me!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Did you know, according the Kirby's 20th anniversary book, Waddle Dee was planned to be a playable character in Kirby 64? And our blue guy makes many appearances, too.

Reznor

work in progress
Did you know, according the Kirby's 20th anniversary book, Waddle Dee was planned to be a playable character in Kirby 64? And our blue guy makes many appearances, too.
Kirby 64 was my first Kirby game when ever I played multiplayer I always picked Waddle Dee :oneeye:

D

Deleted member

Yes, and Adeline and King Dedede were supposed to be playable as well. It's a shame really because I love playing as other characters and I wonder what Waddle Dee would do.

Reznor

work in progress
Yes, and Adeline and King Dedede were supposed to be playable as well. It's a shame really because I love playing as other characters and I wonder what Waddle Dee would do.
I wonder why they never put Adeleine in any other Kirby games I liked her :(

LF2K

Floor Diver
According to the concept art, Waddle Dee could lift enemies over his head and he could hide in a miniature house. It also says they planned to give him dancing moves. Perhaps if Bandana Dee makes it in, that'll be a taunt? :p

Oh, and the book seems to imply Waddle Dee from 64 is actually Bandana Dee. Perhaps he left his bandana at home that day?:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Oh, and the book seems to imply Waddle Dee from 64 is actually Bandana Dee. Perhaps he left his bandana at home that day?:laugh:
There was also a Waddle Dee next to King Dedede in the intro to Kirby's Dream Land 3:
If that is indeed Bandana Dee, then I think that he has existed for quite a long time… longer than most people think.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He is indeed bandana guys, both K64 and D3.
Just think what could happen in a remake, is exactly how HAL works, always expanding old ideas.

Im still waiting for the return of Rolling Turtle and Capsule J ;_;

D

Deleted member

He is indeed bandana guys, both K64 and D3.
Just think what could happen in a remake, is exactly how HAL works, always expanding old ideas.
I would love to see a Kirby 64 remake with updated graphics and new modes. I would love to have the ability to play as Bandana Dee, King Dedede, and Adeline in the adventure mode as well as have a secret Meta Knight mode. Kirby 64 is one of my favorite Kirby games in the series and I 100%ed the game in about 2-4 hours in one sitting.

D

Deleted member

You guys DO REALIZE that Super Star came BEFORE Dream Land 3 and 64, right?

No, Bandana Waddle Dee is not in either game. Otherwise, he'd have the ****ing bandana like in Super Star.

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's always the possibly HAL forgot about the blue bandana when they made Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Reznor

work in progress
Knew it and didn't care for him until Return to Dreamland where he became even more useful and less useless.
I started liking him in super Star Ultra he replaced the normal Waddle Dee in the Arena
always funny when you fight him

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Anyways, i would love if we actually have 3 Dees with the same roles: one with the power to transform into a Doo, the spear master and the generic Dee from dreamland 3.

I can totally see it from HAL btw xD

LF2K

Floor Diver
Didn't they say the 3DS had trouble handling multiple characters like the Ice Climbers? The 3DS can't support 3 Dee's. :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's interesting to know. I'd always heard (and suspected) that the extra characters in the game like Waddle Dee and King DeDeDe were meant to be playable but never were due to tech and time limitations.

You guys DO REALIZE that Super Star came BEFORE Dream Land 3 and 64, right?

No, Bandana Waddle Dee is not in either game. Otherwise, he'd have the ****ing bandana like in Super Star.
I think the bigger point is that, at least since Kirby 64, there has been a distinct protagonist Waddle Dee character following around Kirby and company. HAL probably just gave him a bandanna in Kirby's Return to Dreamland to better distinguish the character for the players, and HAL seems to be sticking with that design if Kirby Triple Deluxe is any indication.

D

Deleted member

@Star:
Actually, one was claiming that it was the same being.
As for that statement, Kirby 64 was really the only game prior to Returns that there was a Waddle Dee helper to Kirby (not including the Helper Parasol Waddle Dee in Super Star/Ultra).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Fact remains, Bandana Dee is 4th playable character in the Kirby games. So he should also be the 4th playable character for Kirby in Smash.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Not gonna lie, poking Jigglypuff with a spear would be satisfying. :p

D

Deleted member

Zero Two is by far one of the creepiest final bosses in gaming. It's just so unnatural and so unsettling to find it in a cutesy game like Kirby. Kirby's final bosses have mostly been very dark entities, but Zero Two just goes above and beyond that. The atmosphere, the music, Zero Two itself… it's just all creepy. Bravo to HAL for making such a terrific final boss.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Y'know, I used to hate the idea of Bandana Dee, as you probably know from that "Bazoomba" fad, but I've warmed up to him. Call me a supporter. Also, even though he doesn't use it, it'd be awesome if he used the Waddle Doo's Beam whip. ;)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
seeing how chandelure is posting music to the OP, I would like to add some to it
its a personal favorite of mine from RTDL
its the music that plays on the sub game scope shot, the first mission

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Y'know, I used to hate the idea of Bandana Dee, as you probably know from that "Bazoomba" fad, but I've warmed up to him. Call me a supporter. Also, even though he doesn't use it, it'd be awesome if he used the Waddle Doo's Beam whip. ;)
I know, you voted NO...

But, well...thanks for support.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Before Rosalina, I was against Kirby catching up in characters to the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon series.
However, now I don't think I'd mind a 4th Kirby character, if just for completions sake.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As 'representative' of the Impa fanbase, I'd like to purpose a peaceful collaberation between our fanbases. Are you guys up for it?

Top Bottom