• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Reznor

work in progress
As 'representative' of the Impa fanbase, I'd like to purpose a peaceful collaberation between our fanbases. Are you guys up for it?
was hoping for Majora but hes out so Impa is logically the next best choice :smash:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
As 'representative' of the Impa fanbase, I'd like to purpose a peaceful collaberation between our fanbases. Are you guys up for it?
Bandana Dee will be friedly with all the other fanbases, except the Prince Fluff, Gooey and Knuckle Joe fanbases... :evil:
Also I personally hate the idea of Toon Zelda or Tingle, so Impa is my favorite.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm indifferent on Impa. The only Zelda characters that I really want are Tetra (no Toon Zelda) and Ghirahim.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Impa XD

Awesome!

See, we serve a common interesst! Both our character's serve a royality (:dedede: & :zeldamelee:) who is already included, yet might find opposition because of both of these characters have a Special Move that seems to work against our interesst (
& :sheikmelee:). How can the two of our fanbase work togheter to make others see the light that our character is CLEARLY superiour to these two 'side characters'?

Cause it's common sence that our Bandana Dee (with Spear abilities) is clearly a better choice than any other Kirby character, despite what many say. Enemies are: Adeline (old 'fan favorite') & Galatica Knight (new, recent but cloney).
And Impa in return is better than Sheik, a one-off, due to more appearances, despite what many say. Enemies are: Vaati (old 'fan favorite') & Toon Zelda (new, recent but cloney).

We got our passion and loyalty already! Only thing that's bothering us are the stubborn masses!

Let's unite the great leaders or Hyrule and Dreamland and make the most famous (common) soldiers of their lands fight for fame and justice!

Link and Kirby, beware! Soon, these 2 will challenge you two's competence in who's the better fighter out of Hyrule & Dreamland! :cool:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I don't see a reason why two characters should hate each other. So sure, yay for peace.

Though, I can't really say anything about Impa, since when I first played Ocarina of time, I always confused Impa for sheik since they act and look so similarly. And I don't really see her in other Zelda games.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Awesome!

See, we serve a common interesst! Both our character's serve a royality (:dedede: & :zeldamelee:) who is already included, yet might find opposition because of both of these characters have a Special Move that seems to work against our interesst (
& :sheikmelee:). How can the two of our fanbase work togheter to make others see the light that our character is CLEARLY superiour to these two 'side characters'?

Cause it's common sence that our Bandana Dee (with Spear abilities) is clearly a better choice than any other Kirby character, despite what many say. Enemies are: Adeline (old 'fan favorite') & Galatica Knight (new, recent but cloney).
And Impa in return is better than Sheik, a one-off, due to more appearances, despite what many say. Enemies are: Vaati (old 'fan favorite') & Toon Zelda (new, recent but cloney).

We got our passion and loyalty already! Only thing that's bothering us are the stubborn masses!

Let's unite the great leaders or Hyrule and Dreamland and make the most famous (common) soldiers of their lands fight for fame and justice!

Link and Kirby, beware! Soon, these 2 will challenge you two's competence in who's the better fighter out of Hyrule & Dreamland! :cool:
:D
I think we need to wait for the Zelda's and Dedede's reveals, the funny thing is that Zelda's reveal can be this week and Dedede's reveal can be in January.
Pretty soon.
XD

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is why we should work togheter!

Link and Kirby can't get all the fame alone!

D

Deleted member

:D
I think we need to wait for the Zelda's and Dedede's reveals,the funny thing is that Zelda's reveal can be this week and Dedede's reveal can be in January.
Pretty soon.
XD
Even when Zelda gets revealed, Sheik might not. It took several months after Zelda got confirmed for Brawl just to say that Sheik is playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i'm up for peace, we have no reason to correal,
i'm more or less indifferent on impa, but i'm up for the truce
Am more looking for a sort of alliance, since both of our characters are in the same boat it seems. And are quite similar.

Toad would make an ideal partner, but his ship has sailed already... R.I.P.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I honestly doubt bandana will be an attack, if any, he will be an AT, but people really tend to think bandana he could end as a b move and its funny xD sakurai is not the kind of guy who doom a character like that, i mean, toad still have a chance.
Impa deserves to be more than just a zelda's move, pls.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Am more looking for a sort of alliance, since both of our characters are in the same boat it seems. And are quite similar.

Toad would make an ideal partner, but his ship has sailed already... R.I.P.
yea toad would make a good alliance for both of us (in fact some of their supporter are showing support for bandana dee)
very well as the third rank member of the bandana brigade, i support this alliance
or truce, whatever the heck you call it. . .

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's another character Waddle Dee is similar to. Loyal subject, wields a weapon, wears something on his head ... Pit! :grin:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I really ain't interested in waddle dee, but the op convinces me that he sounds enjoyable, I'll support ^_^
He is enjoyable :B XD
Thanks for support,if you want to appear as a supporter,vote YES in the poll.
To see the other supporters you have to click the number of votes in the poll.

D

Deleted member

That response about Meta Knight being broken invalidating the "Sakurai's modesty" point....is invalid.

Meta Knight is the result of poor balancing rather than favoritism.
Sakurai balanced characters by 4 player FFAs with items, not 1 on 1 matches with no items. So while Meta Knight may be broken in tournament settings, he most likely is balanced in the settings Sakurai worked with.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That response about Meta Knight being broken invalidating the "Sakurai's modesty" point....is invalid.

Meta Knight is the result of poor balancing rather than favoritism.
Sakurai balanced characters by 4 player FFAs with items, and Meta Knight not 1 on 1 matches with no items. So while Meta Knight may be broken in tournament settings, he most likely is balanced in the settings Sakurai worked with.
Yeah, that was a joke...
Also, your argument is invalid because you are a low tier Pokemon :awesome:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was playing The Revenge of the King in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Bandana Dee appears in the credits playing DS with Kirby...

BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!​
Double Post.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
MK being broken was a joke point, but I guess I need to use this more :bubblebobble:

I personally believe sakurai isn't modest. Plus he doesn't work on the kirby franchise anymore, HAL does. And even though he revived KI, some characters weren't originally his creations. So saying that bandanna dee/palutena won't get in because modesty is a dumb argument imo.

D

Deleted member

Except it's an argument Sakurai used as to why he didn't include anyone other than Kirby prior to Brawl.
It doesn't matter that he doesn't work on the series, they are still his creations.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Prior to brawl. Things change, just like sakurai changed his mind on villager.

If HAL wants bandanna dee in the game i'm sure sakurai wouldn't mind.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai could be giving the guy a little favor just because it isn't his creation. Kind of a nod as: 'You know guys, I like how you handled the series I created, here, have a Bandana Dee in Smash'.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Sakurai could be giving the guy a little favor just because it isn't his creation. Kind of a nod as: 'You know guys, I like how you handled the series I created, here, have a Bandana Dee in Smash'.
Bandana Dee is unique!
Also Bandana Dee is Sakurai's creation, he appears in Kirby Super Star.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well in that case, I think Sakurai would certainly appriciate how much his creation has grown since he left.

I said 'a Bandana Dee' in a joking way btw. Similary, I would say 'Here have a Diddy Kong in Smash'.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know if this is important,but:
Sakurai's tweet: 職場の自席で食べるコンビニ弁当に、チョコケーキを添えるクリスマス。ささやかでいいんです
"Convenience store lunch to eat at your desk at work, and Christmas which adds chocolate cake. And I'm modest."
Sakurai...are you trying to say something to us?! XD

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Impa and Bandanna Dee... joining forces?

I represent Donbe and Hikari's fanbase, and we'd like to join forces with Bandanna Dee and Impa! For too long, we have made an imprint in the Famicom's history, and have tried to resurge ourselves into the populace. Our enemies, as well, share the same problems as you (Lip being the old fan-favorite, Takamaru being newer, and could possibly be semi-cloned if Sakurai chooses to do so), yet unlike you, we have not returned to the spotlight. So, since we have visited Dream Land before, we propose to make amends with the country's royal army, and the kingdom of Hyrule as well!

We are the new rulers of Onigashima! Hear our pleas!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am currently still ignorant about Donbe and Hikari, but I know they had a trophy in Melee at least. And it seems they had a cameo in a Kirby game? That's nice going at least. Feel Takamaru is also overrated, and if you could provide me with some insight as of moveset potential, I'd be willing to join forces.

If we are gonna choose a Japanese only ninja character from a retro series, we might as well pick the one who's more unique.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ah yes, those characters. I remember playing through the game and going "wtf, who are these people? Why didn't they make them monsters?" because it's jarring to see humans in Kirby. I practicly forgot about those characters. I don't see them having the slightest chance of getting in since I've never heard anyone talk about them before.

With that said, I don't really have problems if they were added to smash, as with any other character. No need to fight with other people who like other characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They are Japan-only, and unlike say, Lucas or Roy, don't have their franchise running here either. Think I've seen a support thread before though.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Just wondering, what exactly "join forces" is supposed to be? support my character and i'll support yours?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sort of. I purposed the idea mostly cause I like Bandana Dee myself, for reasons similar to why I like Impa. And I see Chandelure sees it similary.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Yeah i thought that at first, and is reasonable considering toad too, but with donbe and hikari, well, the connection seems kinda losted.
I like and i can fully support donbe and hikari (i actually like them), but i wouldnt do it for the same reasons i want Stork for example, looks more like a game of complacency with people searching for likes on facebook.

Not saying thats how it is right now, and no offense intended, but i dont like how this "joining forces" iniciative could end.

Donbe and Hikari will contribute more to the game than bandana or impa anyways :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'll be lynched, then repeatively stabbed by spears and longswords for that comment.

Later.

Top Bottom