• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, just in case you didn't know, Venus of the Desert Bloom has confirmed that it's a flier that comes with Japanese pre-order, and isn't related to tomorrow's event.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Am I the only one who sees some sort of shadow or something that blends in with the gray? Or is that just the wrinkles of the paper?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Sakurai himself (at least, his Japanese page) posted about the event tomorrow on Miiverse. He has to have something up his sleeve.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it just say Random?
Why would it? I'm pretty sure the question mark does it just fine.

Everyone on Miiverse (Smash Bros. Community) is freaking out about Bomberman all of a sudden. Either someone pulled a joke, or my impossible dream just came true.
While I like bomberman and all, he's konami right? Why would he join in? Hold on a second.... Is he replacing Snake? I'm totally down for that. He even looks like a Nintendo character (and when I was younger I always thought Bomberman was Nintendo anyways)....... I feel bad for not knowing more about Hideo right now.

Am I the only one who sees some sort of shadow or something that blends in with the gray? Or is that just the wrinkles of the paper?
Looks a hell of a lot more like Mewtwo than Ridley. Kinda looks like Mewtwo has his back to us, looking over his shoulder with his head faced to the right. With that said, I don't think it's either of them. It's probably a character I do not recognize the looks of.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Well If B Dee is not a Playable character, would he be best as a stage Hazard, stage boss, part of Final smash, assist thropy, part of Victory pose or just a trophy?

I would maby say assist trophy, but Doc lois looks really great in that Victory pose...

Either way i hope he dosn't become anything of this. Becuze he should be his own character.

Well, if B dee is his own Character, escargoon Could bee in DDDs Victory pose.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well If B Dee is not a Playable character, would he be best as a stage Hazard, stage boss, part of Final smash, assist thropy, part of Victory pose or just a trophy?

I would maby say assist trophy, but Doc lois looks really great in that Victory pose...

Either way i hope he dosn't become anything of this. Becuze he should be his own character.

Bandana Dee isn't meant for sharing the glory like Doc Lois is imo. He has assisted kirby/dedede several times, so it would make some for him to be an assist trophy.
Stage hazard/boss sounds silly and doesnt fit his character at all (unless you're going to make him just behave like he did in superstar).

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

Escargoon has only appeared in the anime and (once?) in a very short cameo during Kirby Mass Attack. Regardless, he's in the same position as Ash Ketchum, a 4th party character.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar

I'm personally ashamed for not having been involved with this group prior to this date. I am a lover of Bandana Dee and I shall be promoting his glory from hereon out.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Have you all seen this yet? Some big show is going on in Japan, and Smash is there on showcase.

There's one ? spot. Who could it possibly be? Isn't BD popular in Japan?
There even screenshot that was never show. I think there gonna show at least a newcomer.

The chorus Kids, Shulk and Chrom are getting very very popular. But you can't stop the popularity of a kirby character that actually use spear.

Sakuari too point a event in Miiverse but only in Japan. I soo hype, even is Japan Only.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
For the record guys the text you are talking about on that flier says something to the effect of "There's still more Characters to come, Who could they be!"
and the bigger text says "The dream war will begin soon" more or less

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
At any rate, complete dud information wise, and Bandana lives to spear another day.

You guys ever wonder how Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee are related btw? I mean the only difference is ones fiercly loyal to Dedede, the other is loyal to Meta Knight. Maybe they're brothers ; o

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
At any rate, complete dud information wise, and Bandana lives to spear another day.

You guys ever wonder how Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee are related btw? I mean the only difference is ones fiercly loyal to Dedede, the other is loyal to Meta Knight. Maybe they're brothers ; o
Sailor dee is my waifu -shot- no for serious, i have no idea, they're both together cheering on mety in mass attack in the minigame. maybe they're really close friends

For the record guys the text you are talking about on that flier says something to the effect of "There's still more Characters to come, Who could they be!"
and call me over-hyped but "DREAM" cmon, dreamland. Maybe a kirby thing? Then again is dreamland called dreamland in japan?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I can't be the only one who loves how we have a Bandana Dee and a Sailor Waddle Dee in this thread?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...The Dream WAR?
Ohmygodit'sRidleyisn'tit.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I'm personally ashamed for not having been involved with this group prior to this date. I am a lover of Bandana Dee and I shall be promoting his glory from hereon out.
Thanks for your support! :3
I wasn't convinced until I read the OP's post. Now I want him :D
The OP is love, the OP is life.
Thanks for your support!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
The more time passes, the more Bandana Dee cements himself as my most-wanted newcomer, Sakurai, don't let me down.
(even though I don't like alternate costumes as alternate characters I wouldn't mind one of B.Dee's alts being Sailor Dee)

and call me over-hyped but "DREAM" cmon, dreamland. Maybe a kirby thing? Then again is dreamland called dreamland in japan?
Sorry to dissapoint my fellow dee, but sadly in Japan it isn't called Dreamland it's called Pupupuland. but don't let that stop your Hype! :D

...The Dream WAR?
Ohmygodit'sRidleyisn'tit.
War may have been an exaggeration on my part when translating. something to the effect of "This dream match up/ dream fight will be happening soon" so I think it's just referring to the overall roster being able to create the ultimate fanboy dream matches like Mario v Megaman, Pikachu v Shiek, Kirby v Villager, etc etc.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
...I thought the dream fight in Nintendo games was against Mike Tyson?

Maybe Mr. Dream as a boss battle? Damn that'd be tough.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Goombario is not important, he has the same abilities of a normal Goomba and his only important role is in Super Paper Mario (Helper), he has the same importance of Goombella, Koops, Watt or Flurrie (Minor characters in a huge franchise), Bandana Dee is a Main Character.
I would just like to say as a huge Paper Mario fan, Goombario wasn't in Super Paper Mario. His partner role was in the first one on the Nintendo 64. Besides, Goombario doesn't deserve playability, unless he's part of Paper Mario's moveset. Like Snake's codec calls!
:grin:

Anyway, I think Sakurai is being much more bias in this game(mainly Kid Icarus) when it comes to his own series that he's worked on. So Bandana Dee better be in this dang game! ... pls

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I am ashamed to say that I haven't been supporting Bandana Dee as much as I should have been. It's been ages since I posted here.

Bandana Dee has quite a lot going for him, and he better be in. If he isn't in the initial roster, DLC anyone?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ah, Bandanna-Dee, I always did adore you even before Return to Dreamland. I support this fully due to his cuteness, strength and overall uniqueness compared to other dees. Sakurai, do add this little guy. <3

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I would just like to say as a huge Paper Mario fan, Goombario wasn't in Super Paper Mario. His partner role was in the first one on the Nintendo 64. Besides, Goombario doesn't deserve playability, unless he's part of Paper Mario's moveset. Like Snake's codec calls!
:grin:

Anyway, I think Sakurai is being much more bias in this game(mainly Kid Icarus) when it comes to his own series that he's worked on. So Bandana Dee better be in this dang game! ... pls

Oh god...
Sorry! , I'm a Paper Mario fan too! XD I don't know what happened, I will edit it.

And yeah, Kid Icarus is just so overrepresented in this Smash, it even has more enemies in Smash Run than Mario!
I am ashamed to say that I haven't been supporting Bandana Dee as much as I should have been. It's been ages since I posted here.

Bandana Dee has quite a lot going for him, and he better be in. If he isn't in the initial roster, DLC anyone?
Don't worry :)
And yes, Bandana Dee is actually pretty likely as a DLC character, well, in my opinion.
Ah, Bandanna-Dee, I always did adore you even before Return to Dreamland. I support this fully due to his cuteness, strength and overall uniqueness compared to other dees. Sakurai, do add this little guy. <3
Thanks for your support! :D

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, my fellow Dees.

If Bandana Dee did get into Sm4sh, which we all know he will~

...Would you main him? Because I would. But I'd probably lose all the time due to squealing over the cuteness.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Oh god...
Sorry! , I'm a Paper Mario fan too! XD I don't know what happened, I will edit it.
Haha it's fine, I wanted to read the entire OP and I was like, wait a minute. . . So I thought I'd alert you about it. I'd also like to say that Bandana Dee has an amazing OP and congratulations to everyone that put it together!
And yeah, Kid Icarus is just so overrepresented in this Smash, it even has more enemies in Smash Run than Mario!
*jumps off bridge*
Seriously though, that's crazy. I didn't even know that.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

...Would you main him? Because I would. But I'd probably lose all the time due to squealing over the cuteness.
Yeah, I would main him, even if he is bottom tier (But, I doubt it, fast characters with big range are usually good), I main Pichu in Melee XD

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Yep, a general rule in Smash is, "If I like you, I main you." So I generally main most of the bottom tier characters due to my luck. I really loved the addition of Meta Knight, but he was so OP and had such a bad rep that I actually didn't want to use him online.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Haha it's fine, I wanted to read the entire OP and I was like, wait a minute. . . So I thought I'd alert you about it. I'd also like to say that Bandana Dee has an amazing OP and congratulations to everyone that put it together!

*jumps off bridge*
Seriously though, that's crazy. I didn't even know that.
Thanks! :D

And yeah, that's true, there are 15 Kid Icarus enemies and 13 Mario enemies (counting Shy Guys as Mario enemies too instead of Yoshi enemies only)
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_Run

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It kind of depends on how they handle him. I usually don't main lightweights.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I don't really have a "main", to be honest. For the most part, I play just about everyone. However I will say that I would play as Bandana almost as much Pikachu, who I will play more than anyone else, so Yes, I'd say I'll main him. I love the lightweight characters! thing with me is that I NEED to be able to move around the battlefield freely. I don't like the slow, bulky characters. I prefer either balance or Speed. I prefer not getting hit, thank you very much. And nobody say anything about Lucario >.>

Keeshu

Smash Ace

Warning: Wall of text.

If you look at my signature, you'll see Bandana Dee has a lot of competition to go up against.
Melee took me few hundred hours to decide between Marth, Link, and Fox. Then after I booted Fox out, it took me over a couple thousand hours to choose between Link (powerful hits + projectiles) and Marth, with Marth ending up being my Main in Melee because his gameplay feels perfect in Melee along with his safe longrange, quick, and powerful melee attacks. Sadly in Brawl I don't like his (and Samus's) gameplay, and I don't know why.

Brawl I'm still deciding because it added a lot of characters that were my favorites for Nintendo characters. Meta Knight, Lucario, Charizard, and Wolf. WIth R.O.B. being there for being a shining example of Nostalgia over things that are useless (and I like his awkward moveset). I never had a chance to play Kid Icarus before so I couldn't enjoy the original, but Brawl made me love Pit, spammable arrows, quick melee attacks, and can flap around a bit, so he's become a contender for one of my mains. Link remained one of my favorites, and is my favorite character to watch in Brawl.
I haven't had much time to decide between characters on Brawl so far.

In SSB4 they are making quite a few changes. Some of the slower characters seem sped up, so King Dedede and Ike have a shot at being mains, because they are just so darn fun to use, but they are way too slow. Speaking of which Sonic is getting changed around, so maybe he'll get some better KO options, so I don't have to feel like such a jerk when putting people to high %s (even if it suits Sonic.....). I've never tried the newcomers, so I could like any of them, but Mii Fighters look the most fun to play currently.

As for Bandana Dee himself, I like long weapons. One of my favorite Melee weapons is a Scythe (others being swords, and claws). Though they are rather rare unless you're going into anime-ish type games. Spear is somewhat similar, just less slashy (usually), and more pokey. I loved marth for his safe long-range, quick attacks. I feel Bandana Dee will be a lighter, stab oriented, multi-jump version of Marth, but with projectiles (saying that VERY vaguely of course). I feel Bandana Dee would be right up my alley in terms of gameplay. While Bandana isn't my favorite character (Meta Knight holds that honor), he has a good chance at being a main.
Never really thought too much about his gameplay before, I was basically supporting him because he deserves to be in. :bubblebobble:

Edit: Slight edit. Apparently I had another part of a post I was going to make from earlier in there. I just cut it out. Sorry about the confusion for the out of context stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom