• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Ah, I see, so not confirmed yet. Roger that.
I'll believe the gemastu leak only if Chorus Men get in. I've never even heard of those guys. :bubblebobble:
Are you aware that a Rhythm heaven has already been confirmed to appear in Smash Run?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So we got Nabbit today.

Your reaction if Dee ended up like him on a RtDL stage? :troll: (A funny coincidence is they are the fourth playable characters in RtDL and NSLU. :p)

D

Deleted member

.......So, is Nabbit an AT or a stage hazard? Sakurai doesn't really specify......
I think that he's a stage hazard since he says, "who appears in the Mushroom Kingdom U stage."

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Are you aware that a Rhythm heaven has already been confirmed to appear in Smash Run?
I was not aware of that. Is Rhythem Heaven popular in Japan or something? I still don't know anything about that game. Besides, Smash Run is probably going to have stuff from all of Nintendos franchises anyways, so I'm not really surprised about that at all.

@ People talking about Nabbit
I'm going to assume he's an assist trophy. It'd be kind of silly to have him as a stage boss.

If Bandana Dee turned out to be like Nabbit I'd be fine for now. Bandana Dee is practicly gaurunteed for SSB5 imo. Hopefully he'll make an appearance sooner though.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Mario is a large series compared to Kirby. Nabbit's role in Mario is of course smaller because of that. Bandana Waddle Dee has a much bigger role, so if we're to get a stage hazard I would imagine it would probably be Magolor, or maybe even Landia depending on the stage. I personally hope we would see Queen Sectonia's castle and she's the stage hazard.

Anyways, a thought came to me today. Since Meta Knight hasn't been confirmed yet, what if he gets shown in a trailer alongside Bandana Waddle Dee similar to Charizard and Greninja, or Pac-Man and Mr Game and Watch?

Maikou

Smash Ace
I would LOVE for Meta Knight's reveal to include Bandana. That would just be awesome. Spear vs Sword would be an epic fight. (Fire Emblem says otherwise but this is f%$#ing KIRBY, where UMBRELLAS can KILL YOU if TOUCH them the wrong way. Sure, real life umbrellas can kill, but that's only if someone ATTACKS you with it. Plus the Parasol in Kirby has a star tip that's quite obviously blunt and he protects himself from falling bombs with it)

Thing here is that Nabbit only in what appears to be two games, both of which he basicaly plays no required role in whatsoever.
Just in case anyone wants to use Nabbit against Bandana, I'm just gonna point that out, mention that ALL of Bandana's roles are far more active than that, and be done with them.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I was personally thinking it could start off with Meta Knight in a duel with Marth, Ike, or even Chrom if he gets revealed prior to the Dee. Then after a quick battle, a barrage of spears flies onto the stage hitting the characters. Then once it stops, Bandana Waddle Dee jumps down behind them and BAM!

Bandana Waddle Dee Spears into Battle!

...Or whatever phrase he gets to introduce him as a character.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Yeah I know, I just meant if Chrom were announced prior to Bandana Dee.

Also, what music do you think would be played during his trailer? I would assume "Hypernova All-Stars" from Kirby Triple Deluxe, just because it has that kind of feel to it. Or otherwise the Boss Battle music from Return to Dreamland.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I would take Bandana Dee as a stage hazard to keep his involvement.

But there are so many other Kirby characters that work as stage hazard enemies that don't work as playable characters, it seems like Bandana Dee would be better bringing spear usage to Smash. Cause no fire emblem spear user will ever appear in this game, and no one else really uses spears. And given the amount of swordsmen, other weapon users would be welcome.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Magolor would be perfect for a stage boss. Or any of the Kirby bosses, really.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Here's something I happened to notice:

(I borrowed this from an earlier post. Thanks!)
BD and the Waddle Dee from 64 are making the same face here. Perhaps they really are one and the same? Granted, they're colored differently probably because of the artwork at the time. Perhaps I'm just looking too deep? :p

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Here's something I happened to notice:

(I borrowed this from an earlier post. Thanks!)
BD and the Waddle Dee from 64 are making the same face here. Perhaps they really are one and the same? Granted, they're colored differently probably because of the artwork at the time. Perhaps I'm just looking too deep? :p
This is actually pretty...interesting.

Bandana Dee confirmed.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Wow, that's a really cool detail that seems like it would be incredibly hard to notice, and even to compare to something current.

I always suspected there was some sort of relation between Bandana Dee and the one from 64. Even for one that doesn't have much of a visual difference, he's still pretty unique regardless.

But of course there are still people who compare the importance of his role to a Goomba or a regular Waddle Dee.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
*reads up*

Remember how I said Bandana Dee would be an awful AT? Well he'd be an even worst Hazard. Heck, if we were gonna have a Kirby friend be a Hazard, even some one like Adeline would be a better choice who could actually affect the stage in an interesting way.

Granted, I suppose Nabbit isn't exactly an interesting Hazard either, but capturing and dragging someone off in a bag is more interesting than hitting them with a spear.

It would be nice to actually see the Kirby stage though. I like Mario as much as the next guy, but can we stop showcasing them and show some love for Kirby (and on that note, DK and ESPECIALLY Star Fox who doesn't even have a stage yet).

On an unrelated note, custom moves and our beloved King Dedede are worrying me a bit lately. Each move has 3 variations and what Brawl move had 3 variations built in? Waddle Dee Toss. Hopefully his variations just affect Gordo and doesn't make him chuck other enemies.

EDIT: On an even more unrelated note, here's a nice BD picture

Eat your heart out Meta Knight

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what would break my heart?
If Bandana Dee got the Doc Louis Treatment, only appearing with Dedede's Victory Animation and nothing else.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Remember how I said Bandana Dee would be an awful AT? Well he'd be an even worst Hazard. Heck, if we were gonna have a Kirby friend be a Hazard, even some one like Adeline would be a better choice who could actually affect the stage in an interesting way.

Granted, I suppose Nabbit isn't exactly an interesting Hazard either, but capturing and dragging someone off in a bag is more interesting than hitting them with a spear.
I agree. Bandana must be either playable or just not appear!
It would be nice to actually see the Kirby stage though. I like Mario as much as the next guy, but can we stop showcasing them and show some love for Kirby (and on that note, DK and ESPECIALLY Star Fox who doesn't even have a stage yet).
I agree again! Where is Cookie Country? Or the Fountain of Dreams?!? Where's the epic music and BGM?! (Same for Star Fox and DK!)
On an unrelated note, custom moves and our beloved King Dedede are worrying me a bit lately. Each move has 3 variations and what Brawl move had 3 variations built in? Waddle Dee Toss. Hopefully his variations just affect Gordo and doesn't make him chuck other enemies.
Something tells me the only difference will be the size and speed of the Gordos. Agreeing with GameXplain for once after they're insult to Bandana, each Special's variations seem to be done in a specific way: weak but fast, slow but strong, and in-between. Mario's Fireballs and Jump Punch both have variations that prove this. Fire Orb, Quick Fireball, Fire Jump Punch, Super Jump. It's likely the same will be the case for Great King.
EDIT: On an even more unrelated note, here's a nice BD picture

Eat your heart out Meta Knight
Awww......That is so cute!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You know what would break my heart?
If Bandana Dee got the Doc Louis Treatment, only appearing with Dedede's Victory Animation and nothing else.
I'm pretty sure he is a playable character, part of Dedede's Final Smash or this.
Not an AT.
AAAAH I'm scared, I don't know what will happen tomorrow, a Smash event or something like that? (I'm not sure). I hope Bandana Dee doesn't make an appearance as something that isn't an newcomer.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm pretty sure he is a playable character, part of Dedede's Final Smash or this.
Not an AT.
AAAAH I'm scared, I don't know what will happen tomorrow, a Smash event or something like that? (I'm not sure). I hope Bandana Dee doesn't make an appearance as something that isn't an newcomer.
There's a smash event? What?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Have you all seen this yet? Some big show is going on in Japan, and Smash is there on showcase.

There's one ? spot. Who could it possibly be? Isn't BD popular in Japan?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Have you all seen this yet? Some big show is going on in Japan, and Smash is there on showcase.

There's one ? spot. Who could it possibly be? Isn't BD popular in Japan?
Yeah....That looks like an announcement of some sort. I can't read Japanese, but I bet that the 2 sentences under the "?" slot says something about a new character announcement.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Not to be a downer, but if they show a newcomer, its probably Shulk or Chorus.

If being a big if, I personally don't think we will see a newcomer, but I'd love to be wrong.

Bandana I think would be hidden, especially if we see MK before launch

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Theres 6 question marks
bandana has 7 letters in it
7-6 is one
bandana dee has one spear and one bandana
bandana dee confirmed

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Pretty sure the ???? is supposed to represent the random slot. :bubblebobble:
Besides I'm sure there will be more than just 1 more character to be added on the roster.

While I wouldn't be to surprised about Shulk or Isaac, I would be a little surprised, do they really have enough popularity? Unless Chorusmen is super popular in Japan or something I don't think they are getting in either.
Theres 6 question marks
bandana has 7 letters in it
7-6 is one
bandana dee has one spear and one bandana
bandana dee confirmed
6 question marks? Ridley confirmed! :bubblebobble:
While I want Ridley in, the amount of question marks probably doesn't have anything to do with it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Pretty sure the ???? is supposed to represent the random slot. :bubblebobble:
Besides I'm sure there will be more than just 1 more character to be added on the roster.

While I wouldn't be to surprised about Shulk or Isaac, I would be a little surprised, do they really have enough popularity? Unless Chorusmen is super popular in Japan or something I don't think they are getting in either.

6 question marks? Ridley confirmed! :bubblebobble:
While I want Ridley in, the amount of question marks probably doesn't have anything to do with it.
Wouldn't it just say Random?

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm gonna agree with GamerGuy09 here. Question marks in the past have only ever marked unlockable characters. Why would the random slot use the question mark? That's kinda stupid to just suddenly change it. besides, it's only one word. Must be an unlockable or secret or something. There's definitely more than one newcomer to come, though. interesting.....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Everyone on Miiverse (Smash Bros. Community) is freaking out about Bomberman all of a sudden. Either someone pulled a joke, or my impossible dream just came true.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I think that the question mark box is just there to show that those aren't all of the characters in the game, and it's representing the ones who have yet to make appearances. There's also some Japanese text under the box, but I don't know what it says, or if it even has any relevance to that particular box.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think that the question mark box is just there to show that those aren't all of the characters in the game, and it's representing the ones who have yet to make appearances. There's also some Japanese text under the box, but I don't know what it says, or if it even has any relevance to that particular box.
Well it's merging with the ?????? Box and is above the big text, and it has a "!" at the end of it, so who knows?

Top Bottom