• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The only possible way to hint at disconfirming Bandana Dee is to flat out show him as either AT, Background element, or Dedede's move.

There's also only so much the Wii U can hold. Same can be said for any technological entertainment device. Considering that I'm pretty sure the 3DS could take all of Melee and play JUST like the GameCube, and taking Ocarina of Time 3D into account, (it holds ALL of Ocarina of Time PLUS Master Quest AND a mirrored Hyrule, Both of which on the N64 had to be seperate games) I'd say the 3DS can take Smash pretty dang well, especially with Sakurai mentioning the 60FPS characters and 30FPS Assist Trophies, the difference between which I can't really tell from my lack of computer knowledge beyond all I need to know right now. Personally I'm just excited for Smash 3DS. Pikachu and Kirby FTW!
3DS cards can go up to 8GB, far below what the Wii U can do (actually, it's the same size as Brawl). The 3DS is the limiting issue, but I've said it before elsewhere, without Subspace Emissary and it's memory eating cutscenes, this should be able to hold a lot more space.

Though that depends if Sm4sh even uses the 8GB card, I wanna say most 3DS games use 2GB or so cards.

Maikou

Smash Ace
3DS cards can go up to 8GB, far below what the Wii U can do (actually, it's the same size as Brawl). The 3DS is the limiting issue, but I've said it before elsewhere, without Subspace Emissary and it's memory eating cutscenes, this should be able to hold a lot more space.

Though that depends if Sm4sh even uses the 8GB card, I wanna say most 3DS games use 2GB or so cards.
All things considered, I'm going to have to disagree with you. The 3DS might not be able to load the many millions of polygons necessary for HD, but it's otherwise at least as powerful as the Wii was. And besides that, like I said, even the HD consoles including the Wii U have their limits. I KNOW they do. All technological things do. Just sayin', the 3DS might be limited in areas, but so are all the consoles. If we decide to continue this conversation, I'd rather it happen in a Private Conversation, 'cuz we're kinda getting off of the topic of Bandana Dee and Kirby. (And for the love of Arceus, please do PM me, because so many people have just ignored that part so much I've been raging inside every time I type it)

So, anyone any thoughts on my previously submitted Bandana moveset?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I had a bit of a revelation today. You know what's a great way to tell a character is important to their series (and likely a Smash candidate)? If they're on the box art.

See, BD's important enough to be up front and center with Dedede and Meta Knight!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana deserves a new title: The OTHER Bad#$$ Adorable of the Kirby Series.
Because somehow he can firmly hold onto the Warp Star at high speeds with his spear in hand instead of on his back. I'm just gonna assume he finds some way of holding onto his namesake with his free hand during Mach 10 travel.....(Popstar's a whole planet and Kirby travels LIGHTYEARS around his galaxy with that thing in mere SECONDS. Wait, why did he ever need the Star Chariot thing again?)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't get why people don't seem to care that Yoshi was an unimportant enemy in Melee's Adventure mode, or that ROBs are enemies in Subspace Emissary, among other things. Seriously, the whole "enemy in Smash Run" argument is so insanely stupid.......
That Yoshi argument doesn't really work. All the sub bosses in Melee's adventure mode were playable characters. I mean you fought three DKs and if you were particularly unlucky; quite a few (dark) Links.

R.O.B. one works a little better for your point due to them appearing originally as no more important than Koopa Troopas or Goombas in the SSE, thus one reason most felt he was deconfirmed in Brawl prior to the reveal.

LF2K

Floor Diver
No idea. His role is a mystery as of now. Perhaps he got hit with Rainbow Curse? That would explain the different colored BD's.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
4 verisons of The Dee is on the Cover of Kirby paintbrush 2, Where neither Meta knight or DDD are.
I think Dees will be be playable with the wii motes, maby u have to run at the Rainbow kirby paints.
meta knight and DDD will probably only be Bosses.

Maikou

Smash Ace
My guess is that someone or some-THING slashed Bandana into four seperate Dees like with Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Bandana stays his own unique character and we get an explanation for there being multiple Bandana'd Dees. It works!

D

Deleted member

My guess is that someone or some-THING slashed Bandana into four seperate Dees like with Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. Bandana stays his own unique character and we get an explanation for there being multiple Bandana'd Dees. It works!
That's not the best explanation to keep an argument like that intact, especially when it's a theory. Theories are pretty baseless in arguments.

LF2K

Floor Diver
But hey, it's just a theory.

A GAME THEORY! (Sorry, had make that joke. :p)

Maikou

Smash Ace
I've grown to hate almost everything related to ScrewAttack. That includes Death Battle and the Game Theorists. Seriously, Death Battle went to far with that Pokemon Death BAttle, and Game Theory has officially decided that they are perfect and everything they say is right and true and that Mario's a drunken drug doer and psychopathic murderer. I can deal with the Peach and Stockholm Syndrom theory, but calling Mario EVIL is too far. and why does he even think that people are Pokemon and WHY THE F#&% DID HE MAKE THAT D@#^ PICTURE?!?!!! (The one on the "Humans are Pokemon" theory)
That's not the best explanation to keep an argument like that intact, especially when it's a theory. Theories are pretty baseless in arguments.
It was a guess, nothing more.

....................So nobody has seen my Bandana moveset? Nobody's commenting on it....

IronFish

Smash Ace
I've grown to hate almost everything related to ScrewAttack. That includes Death Battle and the Game Theorists. Seriously, Death Battle went to far with that Pokemon Death BAttle, and Game Theory has officially decided that they are perfect and everything they say is right and true and that Mario's a drunken drug doer and psychopathic murderer. I can deal with the Peach and Stockholm Syndrom theory, but calling Mario EVIL is too far. and why does he even think that people are Pokemon and WHY THE F#&% DID HE MAKE THAT D@#^ PICTURE?!?!!! (The one on the "Humans are Pokemon" theory).
People have made that theory about humans being Pokemon before, he just elaborated, and he didn't say Mario was evil, just a psychopath (I personally subscribe to that theory myself) he is basically like the mythbusters but about video games.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I know what he is. I love the Mythbusters. I DON'T love MatPat. And he straight up calls Mario a murderer as well as abusive. That's pretty "evil" in my book. The LEAST he could've done is forget about it after that episode, but NOOOOOOOOOO. He has to SHOVE IT OUR FACES over, and over, and OVer, and OVER. How many times has he brought it up again after those videos? (Serious question, how many times has he brought it up? I don't watch his videos anymore.....okay, so I watch a FEW. like, 10%. at max. I know it's been three at least)

Anyway, forgetting that discussion, I'm currently editing my newest moveset idea to include numbers based on what Keeshu said when first posted it and asked why nobody commented on it. I might throw in specific animations for some moves, but it's otherwise the same. Can somebody PLEASE comment on it after this? I really want to know people's thoughts!

IronFish

Smash Ace
I know what he is. I love the Mythbusters. I DON'T love MatPat. And he straight up calls Mario a murderer as well as abusive. That's pretty "evil" in my book. The LEAST he could've done is forget about it after that episode, but NOOOOOOOOOO. He has to SHOVE IT OUR FACES over, and over, and OVer, and OVER. How many times has he brought it up again after those videos? (Serious question, how many times has he brought it up? I don't watch his videos anymore.....okay, so I watch a FEW. like, 10%. at max. I know it's been three at least)

Anyway, forgetting that discussion, I'm currently editing my newest moveset idea to include numbers based on what Keeshu said when first posted it and asked why nobody commented on it. I might throw in specific animations for some moves, but it's otherwise the same. Can somebody PLEASE comment on it after this? I really want to know people's thoughts!
He forms a hypothesis, gathers evidence, then forms a conclusion based on the evidence, and in the case of Mario, he's a psychopath (I mean seriously he shouts with happiness when STOMPING on forest creatures)

Maikou

Smash Ace
If you wish to continue our discussion, we can do so in a Private Conversation.

Anyway, updated the Bandana Dee moveset with specifics. Keep in mind I'm kind of a newbie at the whole "making a moveset" thing so I'm sorry if the attack percentages seem to low or too high. I didn't want to make him seem overpowered or anything.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
you know what would be nice?

seeing that kirby seems to make so much noise this time around when he gets hit or sent flying, bandana dee should make his squeaking toy noise from kirby's epic yarn when he's hit or sent flying

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Since it's been mentioned as speculation. IF bandana dee would be part of king D's final smash, what'd it be?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I've grown to hate almost everything related to ScrewAttack. That includes Death Battle and the Game Theorists. Seriously, Death Battle went to far with that Pokemon Death BAttle, and Game Theory has officially decided that they are perfect and everything they say is right and true and that Mario's a drunken drug doer and psychopathic murderer.

....................So nobody has seen my Bandana moveset? Nobody's commenting on it....
I don't like screwattack or majority of the reviewers because I feel the only thing they like is graphic, overated franchise, many freaking shooters and treat nintendo as trash
I like game theory more, Im not really a fan of him but I like its video because there someting I can learn.

I know Mario was a murderer and a druger to me before game theorist there were toooooooooooooo late because I already see Mario as a bad person. I love Mario even further with that reason.

Im sorry I never see the bandana moveset I need to find it.

Maikou

Smash Ace
He eats mushrooms. MUSHROOMS AREN'T DRUGS. SERIOUSLY. HAS NOBODY HEARD OF MUSHROOM PIZZA?!

Those "innocent forest creatures" Are the ones who attack first. Besides that IT'S A F#%$ING GAME. REAL LOGIC DOESN'T APPLY. Furthermore, WHY would Luigi, Yoshi, and Blue plus Yellow Toad adventure with him if he WAS a murderer and drug doer like people think he is in the FIRST f$%&ing place?!! Seriously, I'm beyond sick of Game Theory.

Seriously I don't get you people. Why do all you people seem to love murderers and thinking of hero video game characters as murderers?! The only creatures in Kirby who are wrongly abused are Waddle Dees and even then there's this thing called PACIFIST ROUTES.

Furthermore, Most of the things Mario and Kirby do are up to the PLAYER. in other words, it's the PLAYER's CHOICE to kill innocent creatures. Mario and Kirby are more or less just doing as they're told.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm late, but thread has drifted pretty far off-topic. This isn't the Mario or Game Theory thread.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
He eats mushrooms. MUSHROOMS AREN'T DRUGS. SERIOUSLY. HAS NOBODY HEARD OF MUSHROOM PIZZA?!

Those "innocent forest creatures" Are the ones who attack first. Besides that IT'S A F#%$ING GAME. REAL LOGIC DOESN'T APPLY. Furthermore, WHY would Luigi, Yoshi, and Blue plus Yellow Toad adventure with him if he WAS a murderer and drug doer like people think he is in the FIRST f$%&ing place?!! Seriously, I'm beyond sick of Game Theory.

Seriously I don't get you people. Why do all you people seem to love murderers and thinking of hero video game characters as murderers?! The only creatures in Kirby who are wrongly abused are Waddle Dees and even then there's this thing called PACIFIST ROUTES.

Furthermore, Most of the things Mario and Kirby do are up to the PLAYER. in other words, it's the PLAYER's CHOICE to kill innocent creatures. Mario and Kirby are more or less just doing as they're told.
I don't think you are supposed to take all of his videos seriously. Many of them were just made for fun. The ones I think you are supposed to take seriously are the ones that tell how fast sonic actually runs, will a bullet bill actually hurt you, and things like that.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm late, but thread has drifted pretty far off-topic. This isn't the Mario or Game Theory thread.
Sorry u.u , it was my responsability.
C'mon guys! No off-topic conversations! We only can talk about Bandana Dee and Kirby games in general here.

So...do you guys think Bandana Dee would be heavier than Kirby?
Sure, he has the spear and the bandana, but his body is a little smaller than Kirby's body.

I actually was surprised that Meta Knight is heavier than Kirby in Brawl, because, well...yeah, I know, the armor and all that, but I thought his speed would make him a very light character like in Canvas Curse, even the Waddle Dee Ball (I can't wait for a possible Bandana Ball in Rainbow Curse!) has more health than him XD

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think Bandana would be about equal to Kirby in terms of stats. slightly lighter though with a bit more speed would work in my opinion. Honestly the Spear is a very lightweight weapon. I think some of my toy weapons are actually somewhere close to how heavy a real spear actually is, given that it's made exactly like Bandana's. (Wooden stick, metal tip, red ribbon for decor) And clothing only really adds maybe a pound or two and besides the namesake, Bandana's pretty much naked. Besides, this is Smash and Nintendo, why do we need to add logic to it? to this is game where people with swords and guns and tech and other deadly weapons and elements beat the heck out of each other to send one another flying out of bounds for mere sport. F*#% physics, who needs 'em?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
If Meta Knight's weight is almost identical to Kirby's weight, then sure have Bandana Dee be the same weight as kirby or be Meta Knight's Weight.
I was always under the impression that Meta Knight was rather heavy in the Kirby games, since he doesn't like to jump much, figured it was because of his heavy armor or something. The reason behind this is that while it flying would give him an advantage I figured he wouldn't fly often because flying with heavy gear would probably tire him out quickly so he lands often (until he's chasing you off the ship as a last ditch effort for revenge). I guess he has really really lightweight armor (and Masks that break when struck the right way).
Of course, after playing the first Kirby game, I can see that could all be BS, because of that game in extra mode I avoid going into the air so I can dodge things faster (and it feels sluggish + noobish to float in the air), and deal more damage, while pulling off some "omg that looks close" moves. Since almost every attack in kirby doesn't require you to puff up and float (which 95% of people do when they go to avoid something when I watch playthroughs). Maybe Meta Knight just took lessons from the Extra mode from the original Kirby game to heart. :bubblebobble:

I really couldn't care about Bandana Dee's Weight as long as it's equal too or greater than Kirby. Preferably greater since it just seems like Waddle Dees are not made of air like Kirby is. Even then, I only really care about the balance of the game. Unless it's something really drastic like being one of the heaviest or lightest and being the opposite of what I expected, I generally don't care about weight. Even then, some characters I wouldn't care like if Dedede became light since he likes to puff up and float a bunch of the time.

But yeah, minimum of kirby, and lighter than the middle weight characters.

On a side note: Squirtle and G&W are heavier than Kirby? What is this madness?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would personally say that Bandana Waddle Dee should be about Kirby's weight, but in the(unbelievably obvious)event that he does NOT gain the ability to fly like Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, he should have his recovery a bit extended to be fair, such as having the Spear-copter as his U-special (IMO, that should be his special recovery move.)

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
It would be surprising to not have Bandana Dee have multiple jumps like the other Dreamland characters. Though he's a rather blank slate character other than that he uses a spear, so I'm okay with however many jumps he has.

Kirby is 78
Squirtle and G&W are 75. Thus they are lighter.
What do you mean not really? Yeah it's not by much of a difference, but it's still more of a difference than Meta Knight and Kirby.

Top Bottom