• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If anyone is worried about the Gematsu leak, just remember, it's quite possible the 10 1st party newcomers we know about (Pac Man and Mega Man not counting due to being 3rd party) could just be the starter characters. The rest could very likely be secret characters. This of course includes the Dee

Yes, he's THE Dee just like we have The Fonz. Just give him a jukebox.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I seriously think Bandana Dee is not an AT, I think he is playable or a part of Dedede's Final Smash, because you know...he is an important character, he will be in the game in some form (not just as a sticker or trophy XD).

What do you think?
EVEN Shadow, Midna and I think think that Knuckle Joe is a AT Too.

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's no telling who could be the second Kirby AT, if there is one. There's so many good candidates. Rick, Gooey, Prince Fluff, Galacta Knight, Bandana Dee (hopefully not him, of course :p)... there's so many!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Galacta Knight in any form would be nice. Whether it be an Alt costume and/or part of customized special attacks (speaking of which, I want to see the mini-tornado attack as a customizable move for Meta Knight). Perhaps being Assist Trophy/Stage Boss that makes people panic when he appears....... Please be the former, I love the Meta Knight vs Galacta Knight fights.

Personally I think Kracko is the best character for an assist trophy, because he's in almost every Kirby game.

Marx has been getting cameod quite a bit in the recent kirbys, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him an assist trophy.

I never understood why Knuckle Joe got so popular, especially before the anime was around. There's got to be more to it than him representing the fighter power and being in Megaton punch. I was surprised to see him as an assist trophy in Brawl.

When it comes to Assist Trophys, the only reason I'd see Bandana Dee as an Assist Trophy is because they wanted to make him a character but were unable to because of time. There's just so many other better choices for assist trophys.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Galacta Knight in any form would be nice. Whether it be an Alt costume and/or part of customized special attacks (speaking of which, I want to see the mini-tornado attack as a customizable move for Meta Knight). Perhaps being Assist Trophy/Stage Boss that makes people panic when he appears....... Please be the former, I love the Meta Knight vs Galacta Knight fights.

Personally I think Kracko is the best character for an assist trophy, because he's in almost every Kirby game.

Marx has been getting cameod quite a bit in the recent kirbys, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him an assist trophy.

I never understood why Knuckle Joe got so popular, especially before the anime was around. There's got to be more to it than him representing the fighter power and being in Megaton punch. I was surprised to see him as an assist trophy in Brawl.

When it comes to Assist Trophys, the only reason I'd see Bandana Dee as an Assist Trophy is because they wanted to make him a character but were unable to because of time. There's just so many other better choices for assist trophys.
Galacta Knight would be one of the best boss battles in the game. Not even joking.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Huh......I'm wondering if Sakurai might have a mode or some Events where the only purpose is to be the one player and fight the boss of the stages. That might be interesting. I think we've seen a few times where there's only one character on the stage at a time, but that might be from multiple things.

Also, can I just ask why almost nobody ever comments on one of my moveset ideas for characters?

LF2K

Floor Diver
We could have an Event where BD takes down the Yellow Devil. Mega Man's not the only person who wears blue on his head. :p

I can't answer your question, as I didn't see your moveset . :p

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Also, can I just ask why almost nobody ever comments on one of my moveset ideas for characters?
#1. Because I'm too lazy to look at movesets.
#2 It needs animations + numbers, while I need knowledge of the game I'm playing (including other character's movesets) before I can actually judge the movesets.
#3 I'd rather see the devs version of the moveset, because they can make the boring look awesome.
#4 Sometimes I can be naive and think that my moveset is better than anyone elses, even if that may not be true. :bubblebobble:
Nothing personal, I just don't look at anyone's movesets.

We could have an Event where BD takes down the Yellow Devil. Mega Man's not the only person who wears blue on his head. :p

I can't answer your question, as I didn't see your moveset . :p
With that idea, I think it's more likely to see Sanic than BD. I like the idea though

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Bandana Dee... Is the most awsome character in return to Dreamland. Since is appear in the game with a spear, HE literally give Kirby the spear ability. And is pretty badass character for being just a waddle dee. When Toad defeat bowser, Waddle Dee is killing magolor two times!
In Kirby triple Deluxe he was more important than META KNIGHT?! Meta Knight only apear as a cameo but Dee get a streetpass system(like is part of the story)!
There a new Kirby game call Kirby Rainbow course and there 1 Kirby and Bandana Dee with 3 more bandana Dee with diferents color similar to Kirby counterpart.
And yet King dedede don't trow waddle dee anymore. Bandana Waddle Dee don't appear in Smash RUN or even has a trophy assist. There not even BEEN A FULL trophy of him. even watching the trailer...yep still not there. WHERE THE HELL IS HE?
I gonna say it but to me HE is like the new Rosalina of kirby.
Rosalina is everywhere and Bandana Waddle dee is everywhere too.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee... Is the most awsome character in return to Dreamland. Since is appear in the game with a spear, HE literally give Kirby the spear ability. And is pretty badass character for being just a waddle dee. When Toad defeat bowser, Waddle Dee is killing magolor two times!
In Kirby triple Deluxe he was more important than META KNIGHT?! Meta Knight only apear as a cameo but Dee get a streetpass system(like is part of the story)!
There a new Kirby game call Kirby Rainbow course and there 1 Kirby and Bandana Dee with 3 more bandana Dee with diferents color similar to Kirby counterpart.
And yet King dedede don't trow waddle dee anymore. Bandana Waddle Dee don't appear in Smash RUN or even has a trophy assist. There not even BEEN A FULL trophy of him. even watching the trailer...yep still not there. WHERE THE HELL IS HE?
I gonna say it but to me HE is like the new Rosalina of kirby.
Rosalina is everywhere and Bandana Waddle dee is everywhere too.
I don't mean to be rude, but please learn grammar. Though thank you for supporting Bandana Waddle Dee for Smash 4!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Somehow I get the feeling he does, though I'm not sure how much of an effect that'll have. Believe it or not, Eternal Optimist Me is still a bit worried that Bandana's gonna end up either AT or worse. I've been hanging around too many pessimists lately.....

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Somehow I get the feeling he does, though I'm not sure how much of an effect that'll have. Believe it or not, Eternal Optimist Me is still a bit worried that Bandana's gonna end up either AT or worse. I've been hanging around too many pessimists lately.....
I doubt that BD would be any lower than an AT. He's a much more major character than Knuckle Joe, and it's hard to believe that he would be any lower than Knuckle Joe. He'll most likely be either an assist trophy, playable character (<<<<THISSSSS), or part of Dedede's moveset. Sakurai knows that we want the Dee.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm very happy to see that this thread has almost reached the point of 100 pages, that's quite a lot for a character support thread! Much more than many others haha. So, I ended up watching a Bandana Dee True Arena run on YouTube and I have to say, Bandana Dee has quite the potential to be a great addition to Smash. Definitely the next in line for a new Kirby-rep!

Neo Zero

Oh god, a Galacta Knight stage boss?

Ban it, ban it to the deepest reaches of the Underworld.

I was thinking, and yes I know we talked about DLC a few times already, but with all the roster doom and gloom going on, the more I think how Bandana Dee would be a perfect first DLC pack character choice, if he's not on the final roster already. Its just with another prominent role coming out, I'm sure Sakurai has recognized it, so even if he realized it to late in development, we could still get Bandana Dee as a 4th Kirby Rep, since Triple Deluxe and definitely Rainbow Curse were probably to late.

Also, I say this with love, but a Bandana Dee AT would be awful, there would be about 500x more interesting choices that can't be playble to pick, Kracko being the clear candidate if he's not a stage boss.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm feeling pretty good about Bandana Dee being playable at some point of Sm4sh's life span.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
BWD seems like a prime candidate for DLC. Throwing that out there even though it's hogwash at that point.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've been thinking about the Rainbow Curse. Perhaps the 3 other Waddle Dee's have something to do with the "Rainbow Curse"?

There's 7 colors in the rainbow. One of Waddle Dee's wears an orange bandana, and another wears a green one. And of course we got our favorite blue clad Dee. Those are 3 colors of the rainbow. Then 4th one wears a white bandana, which is every color.

Regardless, there's no doubt BD's got an important role in the new game. :p

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about the Rainbow Curse. Perhaps the 3 other Waddle Dee's have something to do with the "Rainbow Curse"?

There's 7 colors in the rainbow. One of Waddle Dee's wears an orange bandana, and another wears a green one. And of course we got our favorite blue clad Dee. Those are 3 colors of the rainbow. Then 4th one wears a white bandana, which is every color.

Regardless, there's no doubt BD's got an important role in the new game. :p
Let's hope so, it would somehow prove that Nintendo is thinking more and more highly of our favorite Waddle Dee. :D After all, he even outstaged Meta Knight in Triple Deluxe, as the latter didn't even appear save for one cameo.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I don't get why people don't seem to care that Yoshi was an unimportant enemy in Melee's Adventure mode, or that ROBs are enemies in Subspace Emissary, among other things. Seriously, the whole "enemy in Smash Run" argument is so insanely stupid.......

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I don't get why people don't seem to care that Yoshi was an unimportant enemy in Melee's Adventure mode, or that ROBs are enemies in Subspace Emissary, among other things. Seriously, the whole "enemy in Smash Run" argument is so insanely stupid.......
I've never played Melee, so I never knew about the Yoshis in adventure mode. Yay for more counterarguments!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only reason I find the Waddle Dee in argument idiotic is because we haven't seen a Bandana wearing, Spear wielding Waddle dee yet, and from the looks of it, he's really not in Smash Run.

Neo Zero

Heck, I'd accept the argument a little (as in like, 1%) if they at least had spears. They use parasols though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sal Romano leak or not. DKC, Zelda and Kirby are the biggest series of Nintendo who are yet to have a newcomer. With Mario and Pokémon getting one, why would it be so unlikely to have these series get a newcomer?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Sal Romano leak or not. DKC, Zelda and Kirby are the biggest series of Nintendo who are yet to have a newcomer. With Mario and Pokémon getting one, why would it be so unlikely to have these series get a newcomer?
only thing limiting it right now is roster size, nothing else

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I believe I've said this before, but it's much more difficult to disconfirm Bandana Dee than many other characters. Any potential teasing of his role could be entirely coincidental.

Neo Zero

There is no limited roster size. the roster can get as huge as it wants whenever it wants. It's just that certain characters are chosen over others because, well, reasons.
Technically speaking, there is only so much room the 3DS can hold. Still, I'd guesstimate it could hold a lot more than 47 characters even with all its modes.

I believe I've said this before, but it's much more difficult to disconfirm Bandana Dee than many other characters. Any potential teasing of his role could be entirely coincidental.
I certainly don't expect something as awesome and elaborate as your Ridley Shadow Analysis, but Bandana Dee's best tease atm is probably DDD's Side B being changed. Look at Pit, his Final Smash got changed and then who gets confirmed? Palutena, who was in his old Final Smash.

The unfortunate part is we still don't know DDD's Final Smash though.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
The only possible way to hint at disconfirming Bandana Dee is to flat out show him as either AT, Background element, or Dedede's move.
Technically speaking, there is only so much room the 3DS can hold. Still, I'd guesstimate it could hold a lot more than 47 characters even with all its modes.
There's also only so much the Wii U can hold. Same can be said for any technological entertainment device. Considering that I'm pretty sure the 3DS could take all of Melee and play JUST like the GameCube, and taking Ocarina of Time 3D into account, (it holds ALL of Ocarina of Time PLUS Master Quest AND a mirrored Hyrule, Both of which on the N64 had to be seperate games) I'd say the 3DS can take Smash pretty dang well, especially with Sakurai mentioning the 60FPS characters and 30FPS Assist Trophies, the difference between which I can't really tell from my lack of computer knowledge beyond all I need to know right now. Personally I'm just excited for Smash 3DS. Pikachu and Kirby FTW!

Top Bottom