• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
They probably won't formally reveal him. He's still a WTF character in some people's eyes. :p

Blessed Hero

Smash Rookie
They probably won't formally reveal him. He's still a WTF character in some people's eyes. :p
Revealed, DLC, or secret, I'd want him regardless ( Though I not into the idea of him being DLC. ), but I'd like to see a trailer showcasing him if he does get in. Actually has someone made something like that for Bandana Dee? ( More so of a picture? )

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't get how people can't tell that Bandana is clearly a character all his own. Guess most of them just don't play enough Kirby. Also, anyone else like spamming the "throw" moves in Kirby Triple Deluxe/Return to Dreamland just from how cool they look? honestly, I love how it feels to just walk up to a hostile enemy, grab it, and then slam its face into the ground. Zelda II in 3D with that Sword ability, anyone? Ninjutsu Action! I love Spear Copter.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
lets look at the amount of characters based on series.
mario has a whopping 7
Zelda has 4 currently with no announced newcommers yet prob will get 5, i doubt theyd cut ganon
pokemon has 4 currently, could change, theres options
and kirby has 3

Mario zelda kirby and pokemon are the 4 chars they showed on brawls release teaser. Idk, keeping the others at 4-7 while leaving kirby at 3 seems odd to me.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I believe all new characters will get a trailer of some kind. Palutena had the awesome looking anime style one, and Mac's was like a comic book. Wonder what Dee's would be like?

Staarih

Smash Master
I believe all new characters will get a trailer of some kind. Palutena had the awesome looking anime style one, and Mac's was like a comic book. Wonder what Dee's would be like?
A cutesy, clay/play dough -like trailer as a nod to the new Kirby game and its style (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)?

D

Deleted member

I think that the style of his trailer would be cinematic, like Greninja's and Rosalina's and such.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
His reveal trailer would likely be cinematic. Definitely could open like Return To Dreamland's cutscenes. Each one pays homage to the style of the character and the game (IE: Launch Star entrance, shadow of Greninja in his opening is similar to encountering a Pokemon, Palutena observing Pit, etc), and RTD's cutscenes blend perfectly into this trend.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I think something like there's some characters fighting, and then when DDD and Bowser are about to start fighting with each other aspear lands at Bowser feet, they both look back and Bandana Dee appears to "defend" DDD, grabs his spear and "Bandana Dee spears in". And the gameplay and the trailer finishes with a happy Bandana Dee sitting in DDD's shoulders.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, have we seen any other character besides Kirby in Rainbow Curse?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
By the way, have we seen any other character besides Kirby in Rainbow Curse?
No, which is the kicker. If Bandana Dee was shown along with MetaKnight and D3, his chances would only go up a small portion. However the fact that there is 4 different colored Bandana Dees is such a strange thing, I wonder what is his roll in the game.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
No, which is the kicker. If Bandana Dee was shown along with MetaKnight and D3, his chances would only go up a small portion. However the fact that there is 4 different colored Bandana Dees is such a strange thing, I wonder what is his roll in the game.
I'm not sure if that was a legit typo or a pun. Either way, I chuckled.

I'd imagine that BD would be a second player (or second, third, fourth player, what with all the colors). Which is weird, because MK/D3 would work out nicely for players 3 and 4.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I'm not sure if that was a legit typo or a pun. Either way, I chuckled.

I'd imagine that BD would be a second player (or second, third, fourth player, what with all the colors). Which is weird, because MK/D3 would work out nicely for players 3 and 4.
Mabye because there the most cutesy next to kirby and that his body is somewhat round like a ball.

LF2K

Floor Diver
With Rainbow Curse, it should be clear as day!

I really think he now has a solid chance now. His chances are higher than ever!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Him and three other Waddle Dee's that wear bandanas. Which is very mysterious.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Him and three other Waddle Dee's that wear bandanas. Which is very mysterious.

Wooooooaw, multi colored Dees! Now i am scared!
I feel it be like co op, gamepad plays kirby, wii motes play the Dees. U know, cuz The Dees seems to have legs and is 4.

LF2K

Floor Diver
These three extra Dee's are really get the speculation going. Who are they? What is there purpose? :p

Regardless, we have perfect candidates for alternate colors.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think this is very good for the Dee.
He seems to be the luigi of this game!
Nobody is as important as Luigi.
I think of him more as important as...Toad? Not the generic one, the specific one. Or Blue and Yellow in the NSMB series. His rank is 4th most important, but his role is of Toad's. Either way he's important.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

That's to bad that many people think he has no chance....We'll show them.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
They dare underestimate the Dee...........I must retrieve my Dark Side real quick. I'll be back in a while.........
*some time later*
*screams and sounds of lightning and electricity are heard*
*Lightsaber SFX*
*more screams*
Oh, hey guys, did I miss anything?

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I know that BD's definitely been getting some recognition since Super Star Ultra, but that Rainbow Curse REALLY increases his odds.

I've always used to think that, since smash is represented most by Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Kirby characters, they all should have gotten equal representation. However, the kirby series has always been lacking thus far in character spots. The most it could come out with in Brawl was 3 characters, and Metaknight and DDD definitely deserved it, but I still feel as though it's a bit unfair. There have been many other characters in the kirby series who could have gotten a spot on the roster, such as Galacta Knight, Knuckle Joe, Marx, etc, but with Bandana Dee being playable in Return to Dreamland that made him that top candidate easily. I definitely think he deserves the spot. Besides, with the spear ability being as versatile as it is, a moveset for him couldn't be hard

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Sakuarai is gonna be like:"Wii Fit Trainer is not enough weird, look a bandana waddle dee, the most badass spear user in smash. what? what your saying? that chrom use cool sword and spear? sorry really I dont heard you and I don't what your talking about,soo... BYE!!!"
*Sakuari walks in a very hater gonna hate walk and bandana dee gets reveal before chrom.*

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Concerning the way that Bandana Dee will work, do you guys think the tip of his Spear will do the most damage, like Marth's Sword?

Plus, how much kill potential do you think he will have?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Concerning the way that Bandana Dee will work, do you guys think the tip of his Spear will do the most damage, like Marth's Sword?

Plus, how much kill potential do you think he will have?
Yeah I think thats would how his spear work. I think that BD will be a glass canon. He is super light, but he deals heavy hitting attacks.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you think he would be a character who has strong tilting attacks or mains in smash attacks?
Stats:
Weight: 79 (Metaknight, Pikachu)
Jumps: 2
Falling Speed: 1.22 (Luigi)
Air Speed: 0.893 (Falco)
Dash Speed: 1.37 (Squirtle)
Gravity: 0.065 (R.O.B.)

Neutrals:

(Jab): BD swings his spear horizontally. (4%)
(Jab Combo): BD repeatedly stabs his spear forward dealing damage until the button is released. (Infx1%)
(F-Tilt): BD extends his arm and stabs with his spear. Has decent hitstun. (7%)
(D-Tilt): BD pokes is spear forward close to the ground. (5%)
(U-Tilt): BD quickly stabs his spear upwards. (5%)
Smashes:

(F-Smash): BD takes out a parasol and twirls it forwards hitting multiple times. Low knockback. (8x2%)
(D-Smash): BD does a Parasol Twirl like in the Kirby Games. It is similar to Pikachu's D-Smash. (4x3%)
(Up-Smash): BD pokes an unopened Parasol upwards and pops it open. High knockback. (13%)
Aerials:

(Nair): BD twirls his spear similar to Pit's Nair. (4x2%)
(Bair): BD swings his spear backwards, has decent knockback. (7%)
(Fair): BD does a full overhead swing of his spear. At the tip it hits a meteor smash. (9%, 13% Sweet Spot)
(Uair): BD stabs his spear upwards multiple times with nice stun, but little knockback. (3x3%)
(Dair): BD smashes into the ground with a Megaton Punch. This creates a small shock-wave where he lands. (14%, 4% for shockwave)
Grabs:
Grab is the Circus throw from the Kirby games.
(Pummel): BD slightly tosses the enemy up a bit. (2%)
(F-Throw): BD bounces the enemy slightly and bounces them forward. (9%)
(U-Throw): BD forcefully opens the parasol. High knockback. (12%)
(B-Throw): BD bounces the enemy slightly and bounces them backward. (9%)
(D-Throw): BD twirls his parasol, hitting multiple times and sending the enemy downwards. (6x2%)

Specials:

(Neutral Special: Spear Throw)
Bandanna Dee throws a spear in an arc. The longer you hold it, the farther it goes. It can be used in air. (9%)

(Forward Special: Shotzo)
Bandanna Dee holds out a Shotzo. The Shotzo has to fire 3 shots each time it is used before BD puts it back. The shots can be aimed up, forward, or at a 45 degree angle. (4% per shot)

(Up Special: Spear Copter)
Bandana Dee charges up and then starts to twirl his spear very fast above his head. He begins to float in mid-air. The longer BD charges the Spear Copter the longer he is in the air. At minimum it is 2.5 seconds and at max it is 4.5 seconds. Bandanna Dee goes into a helpless state after it is used. The spear can also deal minor damage. (2%)

(Down Special: Parasol)
When used on the ground, Bandanna Dee shields himself in a single direction with his Parasol. The Parasol deflects (not reflects) all projectiles, similar to powershielding. The controls are similar to that of the Cracker-Launcher item from Brawl. You can aim it higher or lower, but you can also walk left and right while using it. You can also turn around by double tapping left or right.

It can also be used in the air, but instead it allows you to float. This greatly reduces your falling speed and increases your air speed. Bandanna Dee can act out of this.

Final Smash: Waddle Dee Tank
Bandanna Waddle Dee summons a massive Waddle Dee tank from the Kirby's Return to Dreamland Mini-Game. It is similar to the Landmaster controls as it can damage people as you run into them, but it can attack. The Waddle Dee can fire homing missiles on the enemies.

This was my moveset in the OP.

I think that Bandana Dee would be able to out range most enemies with far range pokes with his Spear. His only two good KO moves are his Up-Smash, Down-Smash, Up-Throw, and F-Air. Your main strategy is to quickly rise up the opponent's percentage, and then finish them off with one of the KO moves.

Top Bottom