• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He is not using that lame spear :awesome:

Bandana was created to be a fan favorite, some kind of partner to kirby and the next knuckle joe, what are guys talking about? xD
He always was important.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
How would you guys feel if Bandana Dee was released as DLC in the summer of 2015?

I would be bummed to have to wait that long, but at least we will get to play as him.
sorry but it really ticks me when people even mentions DLC+Characters in one sentence I hope there will never Ever be character dlc in smash brothers bandana dee will either be in or out of the roster hopefully in

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
How would you guys feel if Bandana Dee was released as DLC in the summer of 2015?

I would be bummed to have to wait that long, but at least we will get to play as him.
sorry but it really ticks me when people even mentions DLC+Characters in one sentence I hope there will never Ever be character dlc in smash brothers bandana dee will either be in or out of the roster hopefully in

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Nothing wrong with DLC to add to a games life

Now on the disc DLC is a whole different story.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The Sal leak is true. There is even a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Bros, so that really makes Chorus Kid's chances up to around 90% now. The guy who leaked it said there will be post development character DLC, and that Lucas might get cut.

Neo Zero

The Sal leak is true. There is even a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Bros, so that really makes Chorus Kid's chances up to around 90% now. The guy who leaked it said there will be post development character DLC, and that Lucas might get cut.
It's not true yet (not that I don't believe it at this point) but that's a whole nother issue for another thread.

Like I said earlier, a Dee is better than no Dee at all. Especially if its free DLC

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Nothing wrong with DLC to add to a games life

Now on the disc DLC is a whole different story.
I know there is nothing wrong with dlc if done in a acceptable way but if it blocks be from playing characters then I lose it I was PISSED when they added character dlc for PlayStation all stars. im not going through that crap again don't care if it will be cheaper than what they did still I don't want that to happen.

Neo Zero

I know there is nothing wrong with dlc if done in a acceptable way but if it blocks be from playing characters then I lose it I was PISSED when they added character dlc for PlayStation all stars. im not going through that crap again don't care if it will be cheaper than what they did still I don't want that to happen.
Ah, good ol broken Kat. That character made me give up my all star arena site and give up on that awful game.

On another note, has it been said what Bandana Dee does in Rainbow Curse?

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Ah, good ol broken Kat. That character made me give up my all star arena site and give up on that awful game.

I don't know anything about the new canvas game, just that it got announced xD I never played the first one

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

Being a goddamn badass is what he does in Rainbow Cruise.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
The leak looking to be true is what got me worried about bandanas chances to begin with, considering sakurai said he's going quality over quantity. Just got to remember theres always a chance theres more than he said. With how big kirby games are nowadays (seriously they're pumping them out faster than most other game series second only to mario nowadays) Leaving kirby at 3 while mario pokemon and all the others get so many reps is pretty dang unlikely. Call it hopeful thinking but i think we might have this one pretty secure. if not on release then as dlc, if not as dlc then in smash 5, if not in smash 5 we assault nintendo HQ with bandana's and spears and force them to. it's simple really

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The leak looking to be true is what got me worried about bandanas chances to begin with, considering sakurai said he's going quality over quantity. Just got to remember theres always a chance theres more than he said. With how big kirby games are nowadays (seriously they're pumping them out faster than most other game series second only to mario nowadays) Leaving kirby at 3 while mario pokemon and all the others get so many reps is pretty dang unlikely. Call it hopeful thinking but i think we might have this one pretty secure. if not on release then as dlc, if not as dlc then in smash 5, if not in smash 5 we assault nintendo HQ with bandana's and spears and force them to. it's simple really
I think a few things can happen, all being that the Sal leak is true:

• Sal Leaker was unsure if Bandana Dee was playable, as maybe he only got screen shots. Or he only reports on stuff on the phone. So that explains the reason he didn't mention Rosalina.
  • Sal Leaker only knows about the newcomers that will be revealed before the game comes out.
  • Bandana Dee will be Summer 2015, Bandana Dee DLC.
  • No Bandana Dee.
I think with the recent inclusion of FOUR total Bandana Dees, BD's chances rose up a bit to around maybe 65%. However with the Sal Leak being VERY likely to be true, the chances went down to around 55%.

We just have to wait and see.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I think a few things can happen, all being that the Sal leak is true:

• Sal Leaker was unsure if Bandana Dee was playable, as maybe he only got screen shots. Or he only reports on stuff on the phone. So that explains the reason he didn't mention Rosalina.
  • Sal Leaker only knows about the newcomers that will be revealed before the game comes out.
  • Bandana Dee will be Summer 2015, Bandana Dee DLC.
  • No Bandana Dee.
I think with the recent inclusion of FOUR total Bandana Dees, BD's chances rose up a bit to around maybe 65%. However with the Sal Leak being VERY likely to be true, the chances went down to around 55%.

We just have to wait and see.
the leak does dampen his chances but only because of the slots being taken up, considering he guessed all the characters so far but if what i saw was correct he didn't say one character: Rosalina

so he isnt 100% accurate so there is still very much a chance for us i think!

edit: somehow i missed you mentioning rosalina, nvm so much then XD; but the point still stands he doesnt mention all the chars

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DeE3 sounds too much like D3

with only ducks and penguins can have as their title.

Not...brown ball things

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
1 veteran I'm hoping NOT to see is MetaKnight. Because this will ruin BD's chances.....

D

Deleted member

1 veteran I'm hoping NOT to see is MetaKnight. Because this will ruin BD's chances.....
I don't see why he would.
Meta Knight is an important Kirby character; he's going to get in. I would be surprised if he was cut.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Meta Knight is an important Kirby character; he's going to get in. I would be utterly dumbfounded if he was cut.
Yeah, I believe Meta Knight is practically guaranteed at this point. Aside from the fact that there's no reason for him to be cut, but there's also evidence in his favor. He's not going anywhere.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you honestly think Bandana Dee is going to get in by taking Meta Knight's place?
Meta Knight is an important Kirby character; he's going to get in. I would be surprised if he was cut.
Of course not. I'm saying that if Meta Knight is revealed, and him alone, we will likely not get Bandana Dee. As newcomers usually come in trailers, and I think Nintendo would want to reveal Meta Knight and Bandana Dee together.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Unless BD is a secret (not revealed before release) character. I'd be surprised if the secrets don't get a trailer. Maybe have it play in-game right after the Challenger Approaching! siren?

D

Deleted member

Of course not. I'm saying that if Meta Knight is revealed, and him alone, we will likely not get Bandana Dee. As newcomers usually come in trailers, and I think Nintendo would want to reveal Meta Knight and Bandana Dee together.
I think that they would reveal Meta Knight on the website and then Bandana Dee gets revealed in a trailer.
Again, Bandana Dee could be a secret character, meaning that we might not see him until release.

Unless BD is a secret (not revealed before release) character. I'd be surprised if the secrets don't get a trailer. Maybe have it play in-game right after the Challenger Approaching! siren?
I think that secret characters will get a trailer. We just won't see them until the game is released.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
At this point, I believe the Sal leak. He got too many things right including the exact name of the mii fighters.

So with that said there is only 2 possibilities IMO.

1. Sal didn't get all the newcomers. Which is possible.

2. DLC. Sal also leaked that Nintendo was planning DLC. We still have had no sign of Bandana Dee anywhere. Also, Bandana Dee is gaining more importance by the second. Bandana Dee is perfect DLC material because being added later means Sakurai can actually look at things such as Triple Deluxe for ideas.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Whelp, we can add Magnus to the list of Assist Trophies. I haven't seen BD yet, so that's a good sign. :p

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
one mechanic for waddle dee that I find a bit odd is his jumps and what I mean is his double jumps they look a bit derpy in return to dream land hope they make it look aa bit natural like him fluttering his feet and not like shrinking and then expanding

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I applied my roster before to the 3DS demo roster and Bandana Dee fits in better here then he does in the Wii U one.

He fits in perfectly on both rosters, things are looking good for him.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I don't think Lucas is gone. The 3DS version is all about handheld games. That's right up Mother 3's alley.

Blessed Hero

Smash Rookie
I'm new here so I'm just wondering if you can get me up to speed on what's happening here just now. With that very little introduction out of the way, I wanna go ahead and say that I'm a full supporter for Bandana Dee, I have hopes for him being in.

Also hello.:)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No one cares bro. If you stop talking about it, we won't talk about it.

I'm just very interested in Bandana Dee's roll (heh) in Kirby's Rainbow Curse.
Indeed. I'm gonna post my roster here and impy a change

You can see my full explanation in the Roster Display thread. But basically the purple represents DLC which will be released to promote new games coming out in 2015. With rainbow curse, maybe Bandana Dee could be moved from starter to DLC to promote the new title?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Indeed. I'm gonna post my roster here and impy a change

You can see my full explanation in the Roster Display thread. But basically the purple represents DLC which will be released to promote new games coming out in 2015. With rainbow curse, maybe Bandana Dee could be moved from starter to DLC to promote the new title?
I think a better place to move the DLC button is to the bottom left, but that is just a personal preference.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm new here so I'm just wondering if you can get me up to speed on what's happening here just now. With that very little introduction out of the way, I wanna go ahead and say that I'm a full supporter for Bandana Dee, I have hopes for him being in.

Also hello.:)
Thanks for your support and...hello XD

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey Chand, you should put the 4 Bandana dees in the new kirby game in the OP, it is very substantial evidence to BD's inclusion.

Oh it's just showing who I think the DLC characters will be.
Yeah, I know that. I'm just a sucker for design and placement when it comes to the CSS.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Dang, I overlooked Dee's appearance in Rainbow Curse.

OK, there's absolutely no doubt about him being a full time main character now. He's been in how many games in a row now?

Blessed Hero

Smash Rookie
Why thank you. But what is the discussion talked right now? From the looks of it on this page, it seems to be something about DLC and characters ruining his chances to get in, but please correct me.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Dang, I overlooked Dee's appearance in Rainbow Curse.

OK, there's absolutely no doubt about him being a full time main character now. He's been in how many games in a row now?
4 if you go by Super Star Ultra > Return to Dream Land > Triple Deluxe > Rainbow Curse. + One for the Megaton Punch game for the original Super Star.

LF2K

Floor Diver
It seems we're discussing the 3 other mysterious bandana wearing Waddle Dee's.

Those look suspiciously like alternate costumes. :smirk:

Top Bottom