• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't expecting Bandana Dee at E3 but I was expecting some veteran reveals. This is so frustrating. I'm hoping that with the 3DS release date being in October, Sakurai will still update Miiverse and hopefully there will be another Smash direct.
yeah that surprised me too, i was expecting at least one vet to be shown. i did see a mr game and watch icon on the statue part. maybe a hint?

Laniv

Smash Champion
yeah that surprised me too, i was expecting at least one vet to be shown. i did see a mr game and watch icon on the statue part. maybe a hint?
What? Where?

Please, please, please, seeing one of my mains back would be so gratifying right now.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm wondering if Palutena will effect Bandana Dee's chances. Do you think Sakurai would put 6 of his own characters into his own game? I hope so, but it is just a thought.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if Palutena will effect Bandana Dee's chances. Do you think Sakurai would put 6 of his own characters into his own game? I hope so, but it is just a thought.
well i don't think its much balanced around who the creator of the games are and more the different genres

LF2K

Floor Diver
Palutena probably won't hurt his chances. It might even help him, because now we have Palutena and Pit. Now we need King Dedede and Waddle Dee.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Pit and Palutena are a duo of master and servant. The same thing with King Dedede and Waddle Dee. :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
Likely, I'd say. The tournament and Sakurai's Q&A hasn't happened yet, so there might be something.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I'd feel pretty underwhelmed if they didn't announce at least one new character. I like the Mii and Palutena, but come on here. Give us the Dee, maybe.

Maikou

Smash Ace
If I'm honest guys, I'm really happy about this. if anything, I'd say Palutena and the Miis both raise Bandana's chances. after all, Palutena's mostly using magic and the miis basically only have Blades, Claws, and Cannons. There's no staff-wielding or "stick flailing" that people could try to use against us, (even though it'd still fail anyway) plus, I love Palutena and I like the way the Miis are used here. I'll definitely play everybody though. (I consider myself an "all-around" type; I can play just about any Smash character well enough to get me through Normal mode on Melee's Adventure mode.) and now something's up with Dark Pit.....I'm extrmely interested, to say the least. Gotta love the anime style on Palutena's reveal trailer too. And Iwata vs Reggie......I want more Live-Action with fights like that one! Seriously, why do people not use styles that for their Smash Brothers in Real Life videos? that 1000 punch/block jutsu was hilarious too. Gotta love Iwata just going, "Screw this, I'mma go Italian on your -bleep-!" and throwing Mario in there XD (I'm watching this stuff from YouTube: I overslept and I missed most of it, plus I'm not exactly the kind who can go anywhere, any time.)

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
If I'm honest guys, I'm really happy about this. if anything, I'd say Palutena and the Miis both raise Bandana's chances. after all, Palutena's mostly using magic and the miis basically only have Blades, Claws, and Cannons. There's no staff-wielding or "stick flailing" that people could try to use against us, (even though it'd still fail anyway) plus, I love Palutena and I like the way the Miis are used here. I'll definitely play everybody though. (I consider myself an "all-around" type; I can play just about any Smash character well enough to get me through Normal mode on Melee's Adventure mode.) and now something's up with Dark Pit.....I'm extrmely interested, to say the least. Gotta love the anime style on Palutena's reveal trailer too. And Iwata vs Reggie......I want more Live-Action with fights like that one! Seriously, why do people not use styles that for their Smash Brothers in Real Life videos? that 1000 punch/block jutsu was hilarious too. Gotta love Iwata just going, "Screw this, I'mma go Italian on your -bleep-!" and throwing Mario in there XD (I'm watching this stuff from YouTube: I overslept and I missed most of it, plus I'm not exactly the kind who can go anywhere, any time.)
I think dark pit could just be confirming him as an alt skin? i don't really know but thats my guess =o and yeah that iwata reggie thing was amazing x3

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Well they are making a new kirby game for the Wii U. A sequel to canvas curse which is cool I guess. I would have preferred any other game though like Air Ride or Amazing Mirror >_> Hopefully Bandana is shown in it. I don't think Palutena and Mii decrease bandana dee's chances though. I think if he is revealed it would be with MK or he will just be a secret character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK...I'm back (stupid college 77 XD).
Oh well, at least Bandana Dee is still alive and there is a new Canvas Curse game and he will probably be in it too :B

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
id say this is really damn weird having pac man but...
then again we had snake in brawl

Maikou

Smash Ace
Pac man. ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?! HOW THE HE** DID THAT STUPID YELLOW THIRD PARTY BALL OF CRAP MAKE IT IN HERE?!
Smash is ruined. Smash is completely ruined. next thing you know, they'll throw Snake back in here. Smash is done, gone, no more Nintendo's Fighter.Screw it, let's all just throw every single video game character ever in there, eh? Why not throw in a few Dragon Ball Z characters and the PowerPuff Girls? The Power Rangers? Ponies? Why not, let's throw the dead Bear & Bird in there! how bout it guys?! ISN'T IT WONDERFUL!?!
MUHA. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DIE. EVERYTHING SHALL DIE. MURDER. MASSACRE. OFFER YOUR SOULS. SHOW ME YOUR SOULS. WINGS SHALL GUIDE US ALL. WE SHALL ALL WEAR CROWNS AND FOLLOW THE YELLOW GOD OF GAMING.
Hilarious.

This better be a very late April Fools Day joke from Sakurai. maybe it's the Japanese April First. or the French. the British.

Tell me what you will, but Pac-Man is the LAST THING Smash needs. Third parties, Third Parties everywhere. People want Namco's number 1. Yes, I totally want to play as the homicidal maniac of a yellow ball. TOTALLY. TOTALLY BEING FREAKING HONEST HERE, I TOTALLY WANTED THE YELLOW BALL OVER BANDANA DEE HERE. TOTALLY. COMPLETELY.
Villager is not the murderer here. he is not the one with the axes. he is not the one the creepypastas should all be about.
I would accept Pac-Man, MAYBE, if he was an integral part of Nintendo and helped shape them as they are today, or even if Pac-Man was one of the first NES titles, but no. Mario is an integral part of Nintendo. HE helped shape them today. He was even the first ever NES game. But he's already in Super Smash Brothers.

Anyone else remember when Smash was just Nintendo? just our favorite heroes in a friendly competition? Cuz I don't. not anymore. I can't remember anything about Brawl except that Sonic and Solid Snake were in there. I remember Shadow Moses Island. I remember Green Hill Zone. I remember the guns. I remember......Nothing, of importance to Nintendo. nothing that was ever really there to help the company when they needed it. I don't remember when I first played Kirby from my interest in Nintendo's cute pink ball of fluff. I don't remember the first time I defeated an entire Pokemon Game by myself and caught the red Garydos with a Poke Ball. I don't remember playing Super Mario Sunshine and having fun eating everything in sight with Yoshi. I don't remember clearing Zelda's Dungeons and holding a sword on my back as I adventured through the plains of Hyrule and Termina. I don't remember when I first beat Metroid Prime. I don't remember ever watching Pokemon the First Movie and the three sequels. I don't remember Pichu and his blue goggles. I don't remember that I have multiple fanfics about Smash Brothers and it's amazing cast of Nintendo-only characters.

All I remember is Metal Gear Solid. all I remember is Shadow the Hedgehog.
And now, all I'll remember from Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is a yellow ball I know nothing about.
Now all we need is for Smash 5 to having nothing but Snak, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mario in a full-on, bloody, gory, lovely brutal, filled to the brim with amazing Fatalities and the M rating, game.
Wonderful.
Beautifal.

*The message cuts off*

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Pac man. ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?! HOW THE HE** DID THAT STUPID YELLOW THIRD PARTY BALL OF CRAP MAKE IT IN HERE?!
Smash is ruined. Smash is completely ruined. next thing you know, they'll throw Snake back in here. Smash is done, gone, no more Nintendo's Fighter.Screw it, let's all just throw every single video game character ever in there, eh? Why not throw in a few Dragon Ball Z characters and the PowerPuff Girls? The Power Rangers? Ponies? Why not, let's throw the dead Bear & Bird in there! how bout it guys?! ISN'T IT WONDERFUL!?!
MUHA. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DIE. EVERYTHING SHALL DIE. MURDER. MASSACRE. OFFER YOUR SOULS. SHOW ME YOUR SOULS. WINGS SHALL GUIDE US ALL. WE SHALL ALL WEAR CROWNS AND FOLLOW THE YELLOW GOD OF GAMING.
Hilarious.

This better be a very late April Fools Day joke from Sakurai. maybe it's the Japanese April First. or the French. the British.

Tell me what you will, but Pac-Man is the LAST THING Smash needs. Third parties, Third Parties everywhere. People want Namco's number 1. Yes, I totally want to play as the homicidal maniac of a yellow ball. TOTALLY. TOTALLY BEING FREAKING HONEST HERE, I TOTALLY WANTED THE YELLOW BALL OVER BANDANA DEE HERE. TOTALLY. COMPLETELY.
Villager is not the murderer here. he is not the one with the axes. he is not the one the creepypastas should all be about.
I would accept Pac-Man, MAYBE, if he was an integral part of Nintendo and helped shape them as they are today, or even if Pac-Man was one of the first NES titles, but no. Mario is an integral part of Nintendo. HE helped shape them today. He was even the first ever NES game. But he's already in Super Smash Brothers.

Anyone else remember when Smash was just Nintendo? just our favorite heroes in a friendly competition? Cuz I don't. not anymore. I can't remember anything about Brawl except that Sonic and Solid Snake were in there. I remember Shadow Moses Island. I remember Green Hill Zone. I remember the guns. I remember......Nothing, of importance to Nintendo. nothing that was ever really there to help the company when they needed it. I don't remember when I first played Kirby from my interest in Nintendo's cute pink ball of fluff. I don't remember the first time I defeated an entire Pokemon Game by myself and caught the red Garydos with a Poke Ball. I don't remember playing Super Mario Sunshine and having fun eating everything in sight with Yoshi. I don't remember clearing Zelda's Dungeons and holding a sword on my back as I adventured through the plains of Hyrule and Termina. I don't remember when I first beat Metroid Prime. I don't remember ever watching Pokemon the First Movie and the three sequels. I don't remember Pichu and his blue goggles. I don't remember that I have multiple fanfics about Smash Brothers and it's amazing cast of Nintendo-only characters.

And now, all I'll remember from Super Smash Brothers for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is a yellow ball I know nothing about.
Now all we need is for Smash 5 to having nothing but Snak, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mario in a full-on, bloody, gory, lovely brutal, filled to the brim with amazing Fatalities and the M rating, game.
Wonderful.
Beautifal.

*The message cuts off*
What's so bad about snake? What because he's from Rated M and too realistic to be in Smash? Really? As soon as I saw you implied that if snake is back Smash is ruined, I stopped reading.

You need to calm down and deal with it. I didn't like the idea of Pacman as well but later I was fine with it since all I need is Dedede.

ALSO, wasn't it obvious Pacman is going to be in it from the first place when Namco is co-developing it? I rest my case.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
idk why but now with pac revealed i feel less hopeful for bandana for some reason, i was fine with mii and palutena but now i feel somehow like its less likely to happen and idk why.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
idk why but now with pac revealed i feel less hopeful for bandana for some reason, i was fine with mii and palutena but now i feel somehow like its less likely to happen and idk why.
Yeah, I agree. Pac-Man I feel slightly decreased Bandana Dee's chances. He is another small round ball character, and with Meta Knight and Jigglypuff (if they are confirmed) we already have 4 of them. :/ I'm still confident in him though, I STILL BELIEVE IN THE DEEEEE.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I feel around 95% sure that Bandana Dee is not getting in and the rest of the newcomers are Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men unfortunately. So I'm throwing in the towel now. Dee would've been a cute and fun character to play as. Maybe next Smash will have a better roster. I'm just hoping now that Meta Knight isn't cut.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I feel less confident in every character that isn't Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men...
The Gematsu leak heavily impedes on the chances of characters like Bandana Dee and King K. Rool. Their chances aren't decimated mind you, but they are impaired.

I'm just hoping now that Meta Knight isn't cut.
I doubt this will happen. Meta Knight is too iconic and popular to the Kirby franchise to be really cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
THIRD PARTIES. BLOOD AND GORE. GUNS. HOW DOES SNAKE FIT IN AT ALL. HE DOESN'T. THIS MACHINE WILL NOW SELF-DESTRUCT.
What the hell are you talking about? Snake was unique and the fact that Snake open the doors to third party; Sonic and Megaman wouldn't even be in it.

The fact that many people love Snake in smash says so otherwise.

All you have to do is suck it up. If you hate Pacman, don't ****ing play as him. End of story. Your QQ'ing is doing nothing but making you look like a fool.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
brawl had 35 character, with pac and game and watch we're at 34 now...assuming the rest of brawls roster wasnt cute that brings it up to 45 (excluding squirtle and ivysaur, though i would assume lucas wolf and jigglypuff in the realm of possible cuts) thatd leaves us at about 42-45 chars so far. and if the leak is real thatd add those other 3 up to about 45-48.

what do you think guys? think we still got a chance? theres always that chance they'll round out to 50 but idk

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
brawl had 35 character, with pac and game and watch we're at 34 now...assuming the rest of brawls roster wasnt cute that brings it up to 45 (excluding squirtle and ivysaur, though i would assume lucas wolf and jigglypuff in the realm of possible cuts) thatd leaves us at about 42-45 chars so far. and if the leak is real thatd add those other 3 up to about 45-48.

what do you think guys? think we still got a chance? theres always that chance they'll round out to 50 but idk
Jigglypuff isn't going to be cut, he's the original 12..

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
What's going on with this Pac-Man hate and Bandana Dee pessimism? ._.
STAPH! XD
That dude who complained about third parties got butthurt because he automatically came to the conclusion that BD is automatically out because of Pacman's inclusion.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hilarious.

Wonderful.
Beautifal.

*The message cuts off*
You used to be a minor annoyance that I kind of ignored, but now it is irritating. Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic fit into Smash just fine. Also I found Snake to be hilarious and the most crazy thing Smash could have ever done.

Now on to actual topics involving Bandana Dee. What does this mean for him? Nothing really. However just to mention some things. Game and Watch was in that amiibo thing, and so was Lucina, so it may hint at Chrom. So this basically confirms the Sal Leak, so what does that mean for us fans? Not much really, Sal could have mistaken Bandana Dee for a Waddle Dee just like he possibly could have mistook Rosalina for a Peach Color.

The one thing I am worried about is that if Meta Knight gets announced tomorrow, and no signs of Waddle Dee. Then I have to back down. There will be no hope in my eyes. Maybe on release as a secret character, but that is very unlikely I believe.

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
You used to be a minor annoyance that I kind of ignored, but now it is irritating. Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic fit into Smash just fine. Also I found Snake to be hilarious and the most crazy thing Smash could have ever done.

Now on to actual topics involving Bandana Dee. What does this mean for him? Nothing really. However just to mention some things. Game and Watch was in that amiibo thing, and so is Lucina. So it is more than likely we will get a Chrom reveal tomorrow MAYBE. So this basically confirms the Sal Leak, so what does that mean for us fans? Not much really, Sal could have mistaken Bandana Dee for a Waddle Dee just like he possibly could have mistook Rosalina for a Peach Color.

The one thing I am worried about is that if Meta Knight gets announced tomorrow, and no signs of Waddle Dee. Then I have to back down. There will be no hope in my eyes. Maybe on release as a secret character, but that is very unlikely I believe.
Tom Nook was in the Amiibo thing; Tom Nook confirmed

Maikou

Smash Ace
Please read this entire post before responding. I know most people don't. even I am guilty of this sometimes. but Read the whole thing before replying or anything else. Also note that my tone and mood gradually change as I calm down and think more rationally. or childishly. This is also part of why I ask that people read everything sometimes.

Okay, okay, I overreacted, fine, but that doesn't change that Pac-Man just shouldn't be here! I don't care how iconic he is, he just doesn't work as an official character in the real Super Smash Brothers. Solid Snake is from an M rated gaming franchise that made its name on Sony's Playstation, how do you think a Nintendo fan like myself, who happens to be a straight male who would rather be playing childish stuff like Kirby instead, should take that? Not to mention I've seen way to many dedicated COD fanboys who are too busy with their Headshots, underdressed Women and oversized guns plus exagurated Blood and Gore.

Mega Man was a sigh of annoyance, but I'm fine with him because I've played his games, know his character, and actually rather like him. To me, he fits in and feels very much like one of Nintendo's All-Stars, especially since Sakurai went to the trouble of maintaining his NES look as a "Top Priority". Sonic was meh at his announcement, but he is a character I love because I've played just about every game in the series, and I know him inside and out and find he feels like a Nintendo character.

Now compare that to my experience with Pac-Man: Absolutely NONE. I only know of his original 8-or less-bit version and the creepy murderer version from videos of Street Fighter X Tekken. I have no respect for the character and don't think he fits in. Do you really expect someone like me to accept him right away? I've been on Miiverse multiple times and mostly all I've seen is "Pac-Man! Pac-Man! Put in Pac-Man or Smash4 sukz!" those people are so annoying that I can't hold my anger with them getting what they want.

I still don't like him now, even watching his new trailer even though it'd be really cool for a game made specifically for all four of them as a celebration of gaming in general, but I will say this; I'll treat him equally as I would for any other Nintendo character I don't know of or really care about, like Game & Watch or Olimar. I won't ever play as him or enjoy playing against him unless I beat the crap out of him after a rough day with no real challenge, however.

I'm just angry that those stupid, demanding Miiverse people are getting what they want. it feels like watching as a spoiled brat is loyally handed everything they want with no backlash or anything negative being said to them.

I might be a hypocrite here, maybe a bit, but to me, I only feel a few certain characters should get in. The characters I currently support for Smash 4 minus the newly-confirmed Palutena and Dillon the AT, are Dark Pit, Bandana Dee, and Anthony Higgs. There are a few others I'd like to see in, such as the Fire Emblem Awakening Avatar set with all the defaults and the female version available like WFT, but those three are the only ones I'm really open about and would actively celebrate if they made it in.

People should also note that I did not watch the Pac-Man reveal trailer before I typed those comments as I was unable to at the time from not being able to watch the direct live. Did we really get anything new besides the Mii Fighters, Palutena, and Pac-Man plus Game & Watch?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Please read this entire post before responding. I know most people don't. even I am guilty of this sometimes. but Read the whole thing before replying or anything else. Also note that my tone and mood gradually change as I calm down and think more rationally. or childishly. This is also part of why I ask that people read everything sometimes.

Kay.

Okay, okay, I overreacted, fine, but that doesn't change that Pac-Man just shouldn't be here! I don't care how iconic he is, he just doesn't work as an official character in the real Super Smash Brothers. Solid Snake is from an M rated gaming franchise that made its name on Sony's Playstation, how do you think a Nintendo fan like myself, who happens to be a straight male who would rather be playing childish stuff like Kirby instead, should take that? Not to mention I've seen way to many dedicated COD fanboys who are too busy with their Headshots, underdressed Women and oversized guns plus exagurated Blood and Gore.

Okay, I guess I could see your reason about Snake. Which I don't really care because Snake was great. However I still don't understand why you don't like Pac-Man. He fits perfectly with Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic.

Mega Man was a sigh of annoyance, but I'm fine with him because I've played his games, know his character, and actually rather like him. To me, he fits in and feels very much like one of Nintendo's All-Stars, especially since Sakurai went to the trouble of maintaining his NES look as a "Top Priority". Sonic was meh at his announcement, but he is a character I love because I've played just about every game in the series, and I know him inside and out and find he feels like a Nintendo character.

Oh, so you just hate 3rd parties in general. Kay. Nothing really to argue against that.

Now compare that to my experience with Pac-Man: Absolutely NONE. I only know of his original 8-or less-bit version and the creepy murderer version from videos of Street Fighter X Tekken. I have no respect for the character and don't think he fits in. Do you really expect someone like me to accept him right away? I've been on Miiverse multiple times and mostly all I've seen is "Pac-Man! Pac-Man! Put in Pac-Man or Smash4 sukz!" those people are so annoying that I can't hold my anger with them getting what they want.

What? What are you talking about creepy murderer version? I have the same relationship to Pac-Man as you do, I've ONLY played the 8-bit game. However I still find the character charming and have enough personality to be in Smash. Your reasoning is flawed. Just say "I don't like Pac-Man because I don't like him." You really don't have a reason to.

I still don't like him now, even watching his new trailer even though it'd be really cool for a game made specifically for all four of them as a celebration of gaming in general, but I will say this; I'll treat him equally as I would for any other Nintendo character I don't know of or really care about, like Game & Watch or Olimar. I won't ever play as him or enjoy playing against him unless I beat the crap out of him after a rough day with no real challenge, however.

Wait, so you don't just hate third parties. But you hate characters from games you've played? That seems pretty unfair and kind of selfish.

I'm just angry that those stupid, demanding Miiverse people are getting what they want. it feels like watching as a spoiled brat is loyally handed everything they want with no backlash or anything negative being said to them.

Because it made sense for Pac-Man to be in the game when they are working so closely with Bamco.

I might be a hypocrite here, maybe a bit, but to me, I only feel a few certain characters should get in. The characters I currently support for Smash 4 minus the newly-confirmed Palutena and Dillon the AT, are Dark Pit, Bandana Dee, and Anthony Higgs. There are a few others I'd like to see in, such as the Fire Emblem Awakening Avatar set with all the defaults and the female version available like WFT, but those three are the only ones I'm really open about and would actively celebrate if they made it in.

Dark Pitt is a really bland idea, at most he should be an alt for Pit. Nothing more. Anthony Higgs is also a really odd character, and we will see Ridley before him. No, your not a Hypocrite, your just kind of self centered.

People should also note that I did not watch the Pac-Man reveal trailer before I typed those comments as I was unable to at the time from not being able to watch the direct live. Did we really get anything new besides the Mii Fighters, Palutena, and Pac-Man plus Game & Watch?

I personally think we got a lot of new info about Smash, so I'm satisfied. I do wish we got more veterans though like Wario and Captain Falcon. However those are probably for later.
Responses in Green.

Top Bottom