• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
DEE3 IS 23 HOURS AWAY!! I'M SO EXCITED! ...and Scared.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee, please make it in.......PLEASE! I KNOW YOU CAN STILL PULL THROUGH! Even if he's not shown at E3, at least be playable!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
=w= im so tired, its 0:15 and i usually go to bed at 8 pm and get up at 3-4 am. I wanna make sure im not tired tommorrow for e3

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Man, I wish it was that late here. It'd give me an excuse to go to sleep and kill a good 8 or so hours. (7:29 PM or 19:29 here)

So what's everyone's guess on a BandanaDee reveal tomorrow? I honestly don't see it, unless we're getting the entire roster early. If he's in, he seems like he'd be perfect as a hidden/unannounced character.

or he could piggyback on a metaknight trailer, which would be pretty damn cool

Speaking of trailers, are ALL newcomers getting them or just announced ones?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Man, I wish it was that late here. It'd give me an excuse to go to sleep and kill a good 8 or so hours. (7:29 PM or 19:29 here)

So what's everyone's guess on a BandanaDee reveal tomorrow? I honestly don't see it, unless we're getting the entire roster early. If he's in, he seems like he'd be perfect as a hidden/unannounced character.

or he could piggyback on a metaknight trailer, which would be pretty damn cool

Speaking of trailers, are ALL newcomers getting them or just announced ones?
I'm thinking if Bandana Dee doesn't get revealed along with Meta Knight, we won't get him. That's just how I see it.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm going back'n forth between my original stance and that, depending on how many newcomers we actually get tomorrow. If we get a fair amount of them (and Meta Knight), then we're probably not getting Dee.

If we get, like, three? Then I'd imagine there's chances for him to be hidden. Very small chances, but chances nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that we'll get Bandana Dee tomorrow.

I want him to get confirmed, but I think that, if he's in, he would be a secret character.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think that we'll get Bandana Dee tomorrow.

I want him to get confirmed, but I think that, if he's in, he would be a secret character.
I think if Meta-Knight is revealed tomorrow, and not alongside Bandana Dee we won't get him. Or at least the chances will drop from around 50% to around 10%.

Also I thought Sakurai said that all of the newcomers will get a special trailer. So I hope that is the case with Bandana Dee and Meta Knight.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When there are other characters to reveal in e3, just because he isn't shown off doesn't mean anything for his chances.

I pretty much believe Bandana Dee is a secret character if he is in. Unless of course Meta Knight is one this time around but I doubt it.

D

Deleted member

I think that we might get Meta Knight and a couple of veterans tomorrow.
Even if Meta Knight is revealed or not, it doesn't hurt the chances of Bandana Dee. It would be helpful if he survived E3 from a possible AT segment or if he isn't shown to have a different role.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I just Bandana Dee doesn't end up like Dillon. (Not revealed as an AT until sometime after the AT massacre) Even my eternal optimism from 14 years of life with Pokemon, Kirby, Power Rangers, and Mario among others, can't hold me up very well right now. I'll admit I'm very nervous for Bandana at this time.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
So club Nintendo just updated... two free Kirby games going around. We also had a free Kirby game last month. I feel like this may point more to a surprise Kirby game reveal than Bandana Dee (if it points to anything, that is), but we can hope, right?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I personally doubt we'll see anything relating to bandana Dee, just keep an eye out for kirby stage, assist trophy segment and trophies, we don't see him there than were good

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I try not to look for patterns that are likely not even there. If Dee is in, but not revealed at E3, then that's fine with me. I really think we need to take it slow with the Dee. One unexpected time when our bodies aren't ready, then we're ruined forever, our trust is ruined and we don't date again for 15 years and go into complete isolation hating men. That's actually not the point and that wasn't necessary at all. But the point here is that I'm excited to feel the hype/disappointment (in general) tomorrow with everyone. Dee or no Dee. But we better get a taste of that Dee.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I personally doubt we'll see anything relating to bandana Dee, just keep an eye out for kirby stage, assist trophy segment and trophies, we don't see him there than were good
Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if he started as an assist trophy. Better to have NPCDee than no Dee and, y'know, Mac ended up getting promoted a game later, so...

I'll do my best to keep an eye on things, though, but you guys'll probably have me beat on that.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if he started as an assist trophy. Better to have NPCDee than no Dee and, y'know, Mac ended up getting promoted a game later, so...

I'll do my best to keep an eye on things, though, but you guys'll probably have me beat on that.
Why do that when we can skip the foreplay and just have him playable? Who are you? Why are you doing this? Please do not do this. What's your motive? GOOD LUCK TO RAY AND JRPG SWORDSMAN #3,892.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Why do that when we can skip the foreplay and just have him playable? Who are you? Why are you doing this? Please do not do this. What's your motive? GOOD LUCK TO RAY AND JRPG SWORDSMAN #3,892.
First, half of the fun in your posts in the black-text. I hope that never goes away.

Secondly, definitely wanting playableDee, but I'm willing to settle for AssistDee until Smash 5. Or maybe we'll get DeeLC sometime down the road.

Dee is a fun word to tack onto things.

Edit: Wanted to be clever one more time. Probably wasn't that clever.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
First, half of the fun in your posts in the black-text. I hope that never goes away.

Secondly, definitely wanting playableDee, but I'm willing to settle for AssistDee until Smash 5. Or maybe we'll get DeeLC sometime down the road.

Dee is a fun word to tack onto things.

Edit: Wanted to be clever one more time. Probably wasn't that clever.
Listen man. I think you're a great guy. You're smart. But I'm going to have to disagree. Everything is set in stone. I live right outside of Detroit. But what does that mean? It means everything.

I believe in the Dee. Dee rhymes with E3. Deetroit is sometimes called the D (a.k.a. THE DEE) If you're seriously telling me he won't be announced, I don't know what to tell you. Bandana Dee is gonna end all the violence in the streets. He's definitely the Lil B of Smash. Let's teach the kids about a promising life and future. Welcome home dad.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Finally awake, now to wait 5 hours until armageddon of the smash forums as threads explode, days are made and destroyed under the hellfire that is: E3

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Finally awake, now to wait 5 hours until armageddon of the smash forums as threads explode, days are made and destroyed under the hellfire that is: E3
Oh yeah. I'm hoping they show off Smash last, if possible. Maybe start out with some crappy new e-shop title, then Zelda and whatnot. My body feels very weird when I see that challenger approaching. It's usually because I'm preparing myself to get the Dee. I only ready myself in vain. Just watch as we get that damn yellow ball with teeth and JRPG swordsman #7,790.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hey, been lurking for a while but the hype and anticipation of E3 has forced me to join, and throw my hat (bandana) into the ring as another supporter of Bandana Dee. :)
even though I didn't really get to play as him in RTDL (I was Kirby while my friends were Metaknight and BWD) I grew to really love him and he has become one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash 4,
I know I may only be able to support him for a few hours before he could potentially be deconfirmed (but I pray he will be revealed as playable at E3) but I wanted to show my support :)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, been lurking for a while but the hype and anticipation of E3 has forced me to join, and throw my hat (bandana) into the ring as another supporter of Bandana Dee. :)
even though I didn't really get to play as him in RTDL (I was Kirby while my friends were Metaknight and BWD) I grew to really love him and he has become one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash 4,
I know I may only be able to support him for a few hours before he could potentially be deconfirmed (but I pray he will be revealed as playable at E3) but I wanted to show my support :)
Thanks for your support! :D

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
So I had been working on a potential moveset for Bandana for a few days and this is what I've come up with so far. I've tried to focus exclusively on moves he has used in games with only a few made up moves based on other Kirby abilities to fill out the moveset, it's not perfect but I thought I'd share it.

[Collapse=Moveset]
Neutral: Spear Thrust (Press repeatedly for Multispear attack)
F-Tilt: Spinsaround with his spear held out
U-Tilt: Skyward Thrust
D-Tilt: Spin kick
Dash: Waddle Spear Throw
Neutral Air
F-Air: Simmilar to Kirby's hammer spin
B-Air: Back Thrust
U-Air: Sings his spear upward in an arc making him flip backwards
D-Air: Moon Drop
F-Smash: HAVEN'T DECIDED
U-Smash: Skyward Thrust
D-Smash: HAVEN'T DECIDED
Grab: Thrusts his spear out to skewer the enemy and drags them towards him
Pummel: headbutts
F-Throw: Swings his spear like a baseball bat and knocks the opponent away
B-Throw: Swings his skewered enemy over his head sending them tumbling behind him
U-Throw: Flicks the enemy into the air above him then thrusts his spear into them above his head
D-Throw: wrestles enemy to the ground, leaps into the air and jabs them with his spear sliding down the spear so he falls on top of them, then rolls off of them
Special: Waddle Spear Barrage
F-Special: Tackle/Tumble
U-Special: Waddle Copter
D-Special: Megaton Punch
Final Smash: Landia: Landia swoops in and Dee climbs on you them can control Landia and fly around shooting at enemies for a short time
Taunt 1: Hops happily and waves at the screen with one arm
Taunt 2: faces screen and twirls spear infront of him
Taint 3: Balances spear on his head
[/Collapse]

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bad News: No Bandana Dee in Direct.

Good News: No Meta Knight in Direct so they could still be revealed together.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
well no bandana dee in direct is a big thing we wanted, as long as he isnt an assist trophy x3

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well Bad news: No Bandana Dee
Good news: No Bandana Dee assist trophy
the hope isn't dead yet.
on a side note some of the stuff they revealed was awesome mostly the Zelda stuff
but somehow the digital event felt... kinda dull.....

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well Bad news: No Bandana Dee
Good news: No Bandana Dee assist trophy
the hope isn't dead yet.
on a side note some of the stuff they revealed was awesome mostly the Zelda stuff
but somehow the digital event felt... kinda dull.....
It felt dull for Smash, but good overall for Nintendo. We technically got 4 newcomers with the 3 versions of Miis and Palutena. I believe that the chances for Bandana Dee hasn't changed because Meta Knight hasn't been announced.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
well that was just the digital event, they're still going on all day, i wouldnt be surprised if we see some new stuff over the coarse of the day

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't expecting Bandana Dee at E3 but I was expecting some veteran reveals. This is so frustrating. I'm hoping that with the 3DS release date being in October, Sakurai will still update Miiverse and hopefully there will be another Smash direct.

Top Bottom