• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
That Facebook cover photo on the Smash page makes me think he will be revealed at E3. I'm not really a guy who points out patterns and whatnot, too. But in that direct on April, Pikachu was standing out on the Nintendo page and we got Charizard and Greninja. This time, Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby are sticking out. The only thing that makes me not really believe it is the fact Sonic is sticking out, 'cause that implies Tails would become playable. I dunno, though. I'm expecting Pac-Man, JRPG swordsman #9,299 and Palutena.
dangit, i was so hopeful for jrpg swordsman #9,298 =(

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It is pretty suspicious at the very least. Assuming it's a hint Sonic could get Tails/Shadow playable (funny enough Shadow has yet to appear) while Pikachu could imply another Pokemon Genesect/Sceptile playable fingers crossed for Genesect and as for Kirby Bandana Dee and or MAYBE Prince Fluff. Hopefully I'm right for Dee's sake assuming the pattern is indeed hinting at newcomers.
I'm hoping for Hawlucha if that pattern is true. Bandana Dee is the only new rep that Kirby could have, I think. He's really apart of the the main group now. He has way more appearances to his name than Prince Fluff. People want the Dee. It's plain and simple. Some people think he's a "waste of a slot", but it's really up to Sakurai and his team at the end of the day. If he is in, I think people will come around and see his greatness. They'll feel out the Dee for themselves.

dangit, i was so hopeful for jrpg swordsman #9,298 =(
Yeah, I was talking about the one who's a mute. He also has crazy looking hair and a sword. He'll really make for a unique character. Much more than a spear user, which Smash has never had. I'm also expecting Metal Mario. 'Cause I mean, god. Who really wants new weapons? I'm too used to swords. It's why I want that one blue haired swordsman from FE and not one of those magic users. That's too new for me.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I'm hoping for Hawlucha if that pattern is true. Bandana Dee is the only new rep that Kirby could have, I think. He's really apart of the the main group now. He has way more appearances to his name than Prince Fluff. People want the Dee. It's plain and simple. Some people think he's a "waste of a slot", but it's really up to Sakurai and his team at the end of the day. If he is in, I think people will come around and see his greatness. They'll feel out the Dee for themselves.

Yeah, I was talking about the one who's a mute. He also has crazy looking hair and a sword. He'll really make for a unique character. Much more than a spear user, which Smash has never had. I'm also expecting Metal Mario. 'Cause I mean, god. Who really wants new weapons? I'm too used to swords. It's why I want that one blue haired swordsman from FE and not one of those magic users. That's too new for me.
I'd imagine Dee would have a similar effect to how the Wii Fit Trainer was introduced, but I think someone mentioned this before. At first people don't like the idea, and as soon as the gameplay comes in people get hype. Personally I think Dee needs more screen time anyways, he seems to have potential for a cool character to play as in the Kirby games. Kind of feel bad for him being remembered as "that one waddle dee that was playable", but I assume people only think that because those people don't play Kirby.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine Dee would have a similar effect to how the Wii Fit Trainer was introduced, but I think someone mentioned this before. At first people don't like the idea, and as soon as the gameplay comes in people get hype. Personally I think Dee needs more screen time anyways, he seems to have potential for a cool character to play as in the Kirby games. Kind of feel bad for him being remembered as "that one waddle dee that was playable", but I assume people only think that because those people don't play Kirby.
Most people who don't like him aren't fans of Kirby in general. As the OP stated, there was a confusion whether or not he was just a regular Waddle Dee or not. But that should have never been a thing. You seen Bandana Dee kill a ton of Waddle Dee's in Return to Dreamland. So for me, that just proved they don't really know what they're talking about. It always comes down to "I don't like X so that's why he/she won't be playable."

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
i only got kirby mass attack this week, i had no idea bandana was even in that game

I was so happy haha, at 2:30 :3

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People thinking the character limbs sticking out on that pic means something are ridiculous. It's to make the picture symetrical. That's a design choice. I don't see Bandana Dee being announced at E3 either. It's for the fans yes, but they got to show characters that investors will think will make Smash bigger. Characters that are recognizable like Pacman, Ridley, Mii. Not to say Bandana won't be announced there. But I doubt it. I see him being a secret character if he is in.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
People thinking the character limbs sticking out on that pic means something are ridiculous. It's to make the picture symetrical. That's a design choice. I don't see Bandana Dee being announced at E3 either. It's for the fans yes, but they got to show characters that investors will think will make Smash bigger. Characters that are recognizable like Pacman, Ridley, Mii. Not to say Bandana won't be announced there. But I doubt it. I see him being a secret character if he is in.
Reasonable, I can see this happening. Although it'd be nice to get confirmation, because we may potentially just be sitting here talking about a character that isn't even in.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Dee is more likely to be a secret character. Also Magolor is the only competition. The Triple Deluxe Puzzle Panel on the Mii StreetPlaza shows hidden/cameo keychains of: Meta Knight, Bandana Dee, Kirby, King Dedede, and Magolor. (Lastly the keychain for HAL lab.)
I prefer Dee despite Magolor's popularity since he's cuter, uses a spear in a sea of sword users, and fits the ideal (for me) Hero/Villain/Rival/Ally team.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
im fine with him being a secret character, e3 is still big for us bandana dee believers though since as before mentioned, the horror of the assist trophy segment. if we conquer it with no bandana there that's already another hope

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Snapshot_20140606_1.JPG

I'm ready for DeE3!
But, I need a mini-bandana for my Waddle Dee XD

Ladies, contain your orgasms XDD

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
So, funnily enough, Spear has become my favorite ability to use in Kirby Triple Deluxe, and it's not just cuz of Bandana (I love the Spear Copter!). Also, Archer is OP plz nerf amirite? seriously, I MASSACRED The Arena just using Archer!

Also, I really like the way using the Circle Pad sometimes works in this game. I don't really use the circle pad much, (I'm extremely afraid of accidently breaking it) but when I do it feels great. though my hand does kinda naturally go back to the D-Pad. Still wanna know why Bandana Dee is such a crucial GamePlay buddy when he's not even in the cutscenes. Seriously, why is te Dee not in teh cutscenes?! Fanfic rectification, here I come!

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is the most recognizable stage boss there is. So yeah, he'll be there.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Please, don't start a war XD
I'm just saying, if you come into a thread about a character and go, "yeah, I don't see it happening", of course someone is gonna say that. At least I don't go into the Ridley thread and go, "well, he's too big so I don't think it'll happen." I'd get **** for it too. But I don't do that because I'm smart.

Edit: Your icon seems to agree with me, by the way. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm just saying, if you come into a thread about a character and go, "yeah, I don't see it happening", of course someone is gonna say that. At least I don't go into the Ridley thread and go, "well, he's too big so I don't think it'll happen." I'd get **** for it too. But I don't do that because I'm smart.

Edit: Your icon seems to agree with me, by the way. :chuckle:
Except for the fact that I think Bandana Dee IS or at least SHOULD playable and you just started that for nothing. I just don't think he'll be announced at E3. Don't know how you got that I said Waddle Dee is not playable.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Except for the fact that I think Bandana Dee IS or at least SHOULD playable and you just started that for nothing. I just don't think he'll be announced at E3. Don't know how you got that I said Waddle Dee is not playable.
You implied Bandana Dee is too small for E3. Everyone wants the Dee. Everyone loves the Dee. The kids love the Dee. Don't you ever doubt the Dee again.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
You implied Bandana Dee is too small for E3. Everyone wants the Dee. Everyone loves the Dee. The kids love the Dee. Don't you ever doubt the Dee again.
no he implied to get smash more attention they'll show more mainstream popular characters for e3, rather than bandana who is only really a big addition for kirby fans, and not a big icon for kirby, though he is getting there, he used the ones like ridley since those ones are huge icons for their series. so dee would be more sense for a secret character. thats what he meant

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
no he implied to get smash more attention they'll show more mainstream popular characters for e3, rather than bandana who is only really a big addition for kirby fans, and not a big icon for kirby, though he is getting there, he used the ones like ridley since those ones are huge icons for their series. so dee would be more sense for a secret character. thats what he meant
No, man. I surveyed some people on this. I asked them their thoughts on Bandana Dee and the response was overwhelmingly positive. They said they suddenly didn't want JRPG swordsman #8,746 or Spyro's space cousin or Mewthree. This is what the people want. Bandana Dee is like the Daniel Bryan of Nintendo. It's undeniable. #ReceiveTheDee@tE3

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
No, man. I surveyed some people on this. I asked them their thoughts on Bandana Dee and the response was overwhelmingly positive. They said they suddenly didn't want JRPG swordsman #8,746 or Spyro's space cousin or Mewthree. This is what the people want. Bandana Dee is like the Daniel Bryan of Nintendo. It's undeniable. #ReceiveTheDee@tE3
um, i dont see how me trying to explain what the other guy meant suddenly means i dont want bandana, he's my name lol why wouldn't i want him.

I was just saying the other guy you talked to meant that he expects him to be a secret character you unlock when the game is out rather than being shown on e3.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
um, i dont see how me trying to explain what the other guy meant suddenly means i dont want bandana, he's my name lol why wouldn't i want him.

I was just saying the other guy you talked to meant that he expects him to be a secret character you unlock when the game is out rather than being shown on e3.
I don't see where I said you didn't want him.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I don't see where I said you didn't want him.
then why did you suddenly talk about how lots of people want him in in responce to what i said <w>; it doesnt really make much sense to me.

i said "hey this is what that guy meant, not that he doesnt want him in he expects him to be secret"
to which you went "no man, lots of people want him, accept that he's gonna be in"

-w-; its clear this isnt making much sense to anybody and it's clear you just midunderstood the other guy so can we just get back on topic rather than being in a conflict?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How would you guys like a game where King Dedede is the main villain again and Bandana Dee was his sidekick?
I personally wouldn't like it that much. I would like it because it's another Kirby game, but, King Dedede isn't a villain.

Yeah he did two villainous things, but there have been more times where he had good intentions, was possessed, or actually was a hero that makes all that obsolete.

Besides, I think King Dedede learnt his lesson and wouldn't dare stand up to Kirby ever again.

I'm all for Bandana Dee having more importance and all, but I wouldn't want to see King Dedede become the bad guy for no reason. :/

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I personally wouldn't like it that much. I would like it because it's another Kirby game, but, King Dedede isn't a villain.

Yeah he did two villainous things, but there have been more times where he had good intentions, was possessed, or actually was a hero that makes all that obsolete.

Besides, I think King Dedede learnt his lesson and wouldn't dare stand up to Kirby ever again.

I'm all for Bandana Dee having more importance and all, but I wouldn't want to see King Dedede become the bad guy for no reason. :/
i agree with this, i'm a huge fan of how dededeman became a good guy more and more x3

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
DDD becoming a good guy?
He never was a bad guy to begin with, he even tried to save the world in Kirbys Adventure :p

D

Deleted member

King Dedede isn't really evil. He's just a jerk. A greedy, egotistical jerk. That's why he and his minions stole all of the food in Dream Land; it was for himself.

Though, he did some nefarious acts in spin-off Kirby games... like destroying the stars in Kirby's Block Ball.

IronFish

Smash Ace
King Dedede isn't really evil. He's just a jerk. A greedy, egotistical jerk. That's why he and his minions stole all of the food in Dream Land; it was for himself.

Though, he did some nefarious acts in spin-off Kirby games... like destroying the stars in Kirby's Block Ball.
I think that's shown in the subspace emissary, that he just walked up to Luigi and ko'ed him and used him for his own means. Now he did do that for the greater good, but it still was a **** move.

D

Deleted member

I think that's shown in the subspace emissary, that he just walked up to Luigi and ko'ed him and used him for his own means. Now he did do that for the greater good, but it still was a **** move.
Agreed. I was looking forward as to what role Luigi had in the SSE, but he didn't do anything until the end thanks to King Dedede. -_-

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I was looking forward as to what role Luigi had in the SSE, but he didn't do anything until the end thanks to King Dedede. -_-
im a huge luigi and dedede fan myself, theyre my top 2 brawlers, i actually found the setting kinda cool, sure luigi didn't do something until the very end but him dedede and ness ended up saving the entire team of smashers, idk i found the atmosphere of running threw that dark place with dede and luigi and ness pretty epic, might just be me though

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hello. I want to apologize to Bandana Dee's supporters, for being a jerk towards them in the rumor/leaks thread and in the official character discussion thread, as well. I do not think Bandana Dee should be playable in Smash and I truly hope he isn't, but I realized this doesn't give me the right to talk down the people who want to play as him in Super Smash bros. So yeah, sorry for any trouble I may have caused.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I want to apologize to Bandana Dee's supporters, for being a jerk towards them in the rumor/leaks thread and in the official character discussion thread, as well. I do not think Bandana Dee should be playable in Smash and I truly hope he isn't, but I realized this doesn't give me the right to talk down the people who want to play as him in Super Smash bros. So yeah, sorry for any trouble I may have caused.
It's all peace and love here, buddy. You don't have to love Bandana Dee. You don't even have to like him. But you should respect him. He's based. Hell, I don't want Shulk or Isaac, but if they got in, I'd be happy for people who wanted them. Who am I (or anyone else) to say, "**** you I hope your guy isn't playable"? How could I be judgemental? That's extremely fake based and I want to let you know that you may come around if the Dee is indeed, received. I know you're going, "oh but it's just a Waddle Dee" or whatever. But think about it. Think about the cuteness. I hope you like cuteness. Dee is cutest. Kirby is cute. Dedede is cute. Pikachu is cute. We need a bit more cuteness, in my opinion. Stay based.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
He was aware of how bad the situation was and started trying to save anyone he could.
He didnt just used luigi, he saved him :dedede:

He is just messing around for fun, nothing actually serious, and dont say you didnt had fun in blocks ball :dedede::dedede:

Last edited:

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
So I was talking to a friend of mine and he is against Bandana Dee. Naturally I stated why he'd be plausible, and then he brought up a pretty valid point I think we might've looked over.
In the 3DS Smash Run there are Waddle Dee enemies. How does this matter? Their size. They are pretty big actually and seeing how Bandana Dee IS a Waddle Dee this could spout trouble. I could just be worrying to much though seeing how Sakurai is emphasizing size this game but I just wanted to put that out there.

Attachments

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So I was talking to a friend of mine and he is against Bandana Dee. Naturally I stated why he'd be plausible, and then he brought up a pretty valid point I think we might've looked over.
In the 3DS Smash Run there are Waddle Dee enemies. How does this matter? Their size. They are pretty big actually and seeing how Bandana Dee IS a Waddle Dee this could spout trouble. I could just be worrying to much though seeing how Sakurai is emphasizing size this game but I just wanted to put that out there.
You fight R.O.B.s in Subspace Emissary. So I think the argument is invalid.

Also a huge thing that many people are not noticing is that King Dedede does not throw Waddle Dees anymore, could this mean that Bandana Dee will be playable? Maybe, Maybe Not, but it is a possibility now.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Read the OP. Bandana Dee is NOT a regular Waddle Dee.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Bandana Dee will match Kirby's size as he's been shown in the games to be around that size. (And of course Bandana Dee has fought against Waddle Dees in RtDL, as well as King Dedede, and it has been made pretty clear that he is separate character from his species.)

Top Bottom