• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I don't know if someone has talked about this but... how do think he'll in smash? I mean he doesn't talk but he will make some sounds...
Like how will they show his personality? Or are you talking about gameplay? Given how he was in Return to Dreamland, I don't think it'll be too hard to translate that to Smash. They can spice it up a bit too if they want though. It just depends on what the devs feel like doing with him.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, here's my takes on what he'll sound like.

1) He'll be entirely mute and his "voice" will be sound effects from the Kirby games.
2) Makiko Ohmoto will voice him, but he will only speak gibberish and grunts. Mrs. Ohmoto is quite a talented actress; she voiced all the characters in Return to Dream Land, including Dedede and Meta Knight. She also voices Ness.
3) They'll give him a voice similar to Waddle Doo's voice in the Japanese dub of the anime. Not the silly, gruff English voice. :p
4) Although highly unlikely, Bandana Dee will be voiced by Escargoon's voice actors, both in Japanese and English. They'll give a new spin to Dedede's sidekick.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, here's my takes on what he'll sound like.

1) He'll be entirely mute and his "voice" will be sound effects from the Kirby games.
2) Makiko Ohmoto will voice him, but he will only speak gibberish and grunts. Mrs. Ohmoto is quite a talented actress; she voiced all the characters in Return to Dream Land, including Dedede and Meta Knight. She also voices Ness.
3) They'll give him a voice similar to Waddle Doo's voice in the Japanese dub of the anime. Not the silly, gruff English voice. :p
4) Although highly unlikely, Bandana Dee will be voiced by Escargoon's voice actors, both in Japanese and English. They'll give a new spin to Dedede's sidekick.
Number 3 is my favorite :D

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Bandana Dee finally in a leak. Now most anyone who's followed me in that thread knows I think everything is fake and that I always try to look at reason but...

BE REAL!!! BEEEEEE REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Darn it guys, it tugs at my heart strings, I just want the Dee so bad ;-;

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Though the leak seems kind of unrealistic, now that Bandana is in it I NEED IT TO BE REAAAAL.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
New Dee believer here, I made this a while ago, just never posted it here because I didn't have an account.
Welcome, fellow made account to follow bandanadeeer :3 I really like your pic there, getting the pics and all to show the moveset potential. Might be good to add to the original post to show what moves he's had if youd wanna chandelure♫

Laniv

Smash Champion
It would be hilarious if that was his cheer in-game.
"WE WANT THE DEE! WE WANT THE DEE!"

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Like how will they show his personality? Or are you talking about gameplay? Given how he was in Return to Dreamland, I don't think it'll be too hard to translate that to Smash. They can spice it up a bit too if they want though. It just depends on what the devs feel like doing with him.
In general, like how he will sound being hit or making some move like trhowing a spear or maybe something in a taunt or in the winner screen, like DDD and his voice made by Sakurai

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I imagine Waddle Dee will sound like Shy Guy in Mario Kart. Just me. It's a good mute minion voice.

I just want a pikeman to fight all the swordsmen.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I imagine Waddle Dee will sound like Shy Guy in Mario Kart. Just me. It's a good mute minion voice.

I just want a pikeman to fight all the swordsmen.
What I would find hilarious if Sakurai's Wife voiced Bandana Dee as Sakurai voices King Dedede.

Maikou

Smash Ace
So I just got to world 6 of Kirby Triple Deluxe (Even though I got it the day after release, I've played it sparingly and avoided Spoilers as much as possible) and I ask you: WHAT MADNESS MADE PEOPLE THINK KIRBY GAMES ARE EASY?! I'm freaking dying from spiked walls and these people are complaining about how EASY it is?! Don't even call me a noob, either, cuz I've been kicking some major evil tail in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror with FIGHTER ALONE. Tellin' me this is easy? I keep narrowly dodging OHKOs here!

Also, how do I Gold Medal Dedede's theme in (Channel) DDD?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I am not at all familiar with any Kirby games so I haven't heard of Bandana Dee until I joined here, but I'm happy he is part of a leak for you guys haha. I heard Wasoodle talking about him too before. He really looks cool though and he would be the first spear fighter, which would be really neat.

D

Deleted member

I heard this leak has Shulk, Bandana Dee, a DK newcomer, and Hades. It's... just too good to be true. :crying:

I wonder how everyone would respond if the Gematsu leak started to list Bandana Dee...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I heard this leak has Shulk, Bandana Dee, a DK newcomer, and Hades. It's... just too good to be true. :crying:

I wonder how everyone would respond if the Gematsu leak started to list Bandana Dee...
I would be so conflicted. I don't think or want it too happen and if Bandana Dee was added, I would be sad because the leak most likely isn't real...

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Also, how do I Gold Medal Dedede's theme in (Channel) DDD?
This gave me a hard time too, the trick is to go for all coins, no damage and as perfect a backbeat as possible. you don't need to continuously move to the right its ok to stop and move back to get some coins you missed, thats how i did it anyway

Maikou

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! I just beat the main game and now I'm playing Dededetour! This is awesome! that finale was epic. Just one question; HOW THE FUDGECICLE did Bandana get to the vine before Kirby? AND WHY ISN'T HE IN THE CUTSCENES?! Like, really, I just watched ALL the last cutscenes and Bandana doesn't even get a corner cameo or a mention in the story! what the heck?!

Also, thank you for the advice @ BandanaDee BandanaDee

Neo Zero

Here's a random thought of the day. What would your reactions be if Bandana Dee was the next penultimate boss, being taken over by Dark Matter or something and being the villain for basically the whole game

Of course there would also be Bandana Dee EX mode after beating the main game of course.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Here's a random thought of the day. What would your reactions be if Bandana Dee was the next penultimate boss, being taken over by Dark Matter or something and being the villain for basically the whole game

Of course there would also be Bandana Dee EX mode after beating the main game of course.
and we would get a remix of helper-to hero or megaton punch or whatever :p

Maikou

Smash Ace
As Long as we get "Bandana'd Adventures" Subgame as a bonus, like how we get DDDTour after Dededefeating Dedede. You know, I just realized that Dededetour is basicly Meta Knightmare Deluxe. same system as Meta Knightmare Ultra, even! too bad we can't play Bandana Dee or play the Great King in Kirby Fighters.

You know, maybe Bandana Dee should have some kicks in his moveset. like his down throw being the Fury Stomp move Kirby and Meta Knight use(d in Brawl). I just read the Kirby's Return to Dreamland description via random YouTube video and noticed it says "When the Bandana wearer kicks"

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My Rendition of the Reveal Trailer for Bandana Dee:
  • You see a walk way on Cookie Country with a small bump.
  • Kirby appears! He has a small little picnic basket and he is thinking about food like always.
  • He looks around and squints, until he sees someone.
  • The camera zooms over to a small picnic blanket. You see the back of a Waddle Dee as you see it stab into the ground with a spear. He spears his own Bandana into the ground for a make shift Blanket!
  • They wave to each other and begin the picnic.
  • Waddle Dee asks for a Sandwich, (in typical Kirby Icon Speech Bubbles). And Kirby is a bit worried and confused.
  • Waddle Dee slowly moves the sandwich towards his face, (with no mouth may I add), and Kirby is getting increasingly more worried.
  • However the sky blackens and BD puts his sandwich downs and looks up.
  • It is the Halbard with MetaKnight at the end! MetaKnight Slashes Though!
  • Kirby looks up and seems surprised and is about to get up. But an orange hand touches him!
  • However Bandana Dee is angry at MetaKnight that he ruined their picnic! Bandana Dee Waddles in!
  • Meta Knight accepts his challenge and flies towards him.
  • A New Stage is Revealed! Cookie Country!
  • Gameplay Happens and Bandana Dee and Meta Knight fight.
  • They are both damaged and are panting.
  • However Kirby yells, "Hey!"
  • Kirby pulls out 3 sandwiches, and they all eat together happily.
:3

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

If the Gematsu leak listed Bandanna Dee, they would not even question it. I suppose Bandanna Dee would get a lot of new supporters, just like Chorus Men did. Would it be a bad thing? Not really. More minions.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Most of you probably didn't know this, but we are the 4th most talked about Newcomer for Smash! Behind Palutena, K. Rool, and Ridley!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Morbi

Scavenger
Most of you probably didn't know this, but we are the 4th most talked about Newcomer for Smash! Behind Palutena, K. Rool, and Ridley!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behind King K. Rool, are we?! We had better fix that! No, but seriously, that is quite a feat. I was honestly surprised when I heard that news.

Neo Zero

• Kirby appears! He has a small little picnic basket and he is thinking about food like always.
  • The camera zooms over to a small picnic blanket. You see the back of a Waddle Dee as you see it stab into the ground with a spear. He spears his own Bandana into the ground for a make shift Blanket!
  • Waddle Dee asks for a Sandwich, (in typical Kirby Icon Speech Bubbles). And Kirby is a bit worried and confused.
  • Waddle Dee slowly moves the sandwich towards his face, (with no mouth may I add), and Kirby is getting increasingly more worried.
  • Kirby looks up and seems surprised and is about to get up. But an orange hand touches him!
  • However Bandana Dee is angry at MetaKnight that he ruined their picnic! Bandana Dee Waddles in!
Alternate Ending: King Dedede is in his castle sitting beside the phone just watching it...waiting...and waiting...

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It would be hilarious if that was his cheer in-game.
"WE WANT THE DEE! WE WANT THE DEE!"
I would feel amazing because I started the entire innuendo on 4chan. I'm glad more people are using it. They have no problem admitting it. They're coming out to us and telling us, "yes, I love the Dee." And it's like, "alright that's cool." I've got a feeling we'll see the Dee at E3.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I always envisioned a recreation of the introduction scene that Luigi had in the SSE. How he was afraid of Waddle Dee's and whatnot. Then all of a sudden Bandana Dee comes up behind him and hits Luigi in the ass with his spear. I'd love it.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
How would you guys like a game where King Dedede is the main villain again and Bandana Dee was his sidekick? It could work similar to how things go in New Super Mario Bros. where you fight Bandana Dee a few times throughout the game and the rest of the boss battles you would see him scout out Kirby so that he can report to Dedede (you could also have that cool dialog after each boss battle like in revenge of the king.) Then you would fight Bandana Dee one more time as he gives one last effort to stop you from getting to Dedede, but you defeat him and the final boss would be King Dedede.
I would personally love that.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I always imagined something quite similar but it taking place in Halberd and without the picnic. I could totally see something like this at E3 if we get him in.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I always imagined something quite similar but it taking place in Halberd and without the picnic. I could totally see something like this at E3 if we get him in.
That Facebook cover photo on the Smash page makes me think he will be revealed at E3. I'm not really a guy who points out patterns and whatnot, too. But in that direct on April, Pikachu was standing out on the Nintendo page and we got Charizard and Greninja. This time, Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby are sticking out. The only thing that makes me not really believe it is the fact Sonic is sticking out, 'cause that implies Tails would become playable. I dunno, though. I'm expecting Pac-Man, JRPG swordsman #9,299 and Palutena.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
That Facebook cover photo on the Smash page makes me think he will be revealed at E3. I'm not really a guy who points out patterns and whatnot, too. But in that direct on April, Pikachu was standing out on the Nintendo page and we got Charizard and Greninja. This time, Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby are sticking out. The only thing that makes me not really believe it is the fact Sonic is sticking out, 'cause that implies Tails would become playable. I dunno, though. I'm expecting Pac-Man, JRPG swordsman #9,299 and Palutena.
It is pretty suspicious at the very least. Assuming it's a hint Sonic could get Tails/Shadow playable (funny enough Shadow has yet to appear) while Pikachu could imply another Pokemon Genesect/Sceptile playable fingers crossed for Genesect and as for Kirby Bandana Dee and or MAYBE Prince Fluff. Hopefully I'm right for Dee's sake assuming the pattern is indeed hinting at newcomers.

Top Bottom