• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the Dee has a 25% chance of being in ssb4, mich actually is way more than it sounds.

Or maby 30... Kirby franchice has a 35 % of getting a new rep, and the dee is 32 of those.

And then mata knight has a 95 % chance of coming back.

But that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the Dee has a 25% chance of being in ssb4, mich actually is way more than it sounds.

Or maby 30... Kirby franchice has a 35 % of getting a new rep, and the dee is 32 of those.

And then mata knight has a 95 % chance of coming back.

But that's just my opinion.
He has a 100% chance. I'm really glad the Smashboards are 100% behind receiving the Dee straight from Sakurai himself. Some other websites aren't really as behind him. Some of them even refuse, but I tell them "YES AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT." I mean, let's face it. We all come to our own "logical" conclusions on who is going to be in and who won't. Yet it always comes down to "I don't like this character, that's why he/she is not getting in", but no one would ever admit it. So, who are any of us (except me) to say whether Bandana Dee will be in or not? Or anyone else for that matter? Maybe Sakurai will tease the Dee. Maybe he won't. Maybe at E3, everyone will be expecting JRPG swordsman #3,629 and Palutena but then out of nowhere, Bandana Dee sticks that spear in no mans land. Simply believe, my friend.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Yay, one week until E3 and Bandana Dee is still alive!
I'll tell you something, man. I can feel the Dee approaching. I mean, we got Wolf. We got Greninja. We got Rosalina. None of which are particularly important enough to have in Smash, but they're there and I say that as someone who actually does like all 3. The way I see it, Dee is now apart of the main cast in Kirby. Kind of like how Rosalina sort of is to Mario now. So, I can only conclude he'll be in.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
What's up with the Palutena dissing?

Anyway, I won't lie, I didn't even consider Bandana Dee as a possible smasher at first, despite being a big Kirby fan. But seeing all the support, and thinking about the character both from a gameplay and personality perspective really warmed me up to the Dee. He is now one of my most wanted characters!

I'm not as convinced about his chances as some other members seem to be, but that will just make it more exciting if he gets confirmed!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I was bored so i wrote a poem

Oh Bandana dee, So small and strong
We all wanted you in smash for so long

Your spear is sharp and move-set unique
With you being added, our happiness will peak

I would main you like many a player
just please be in, that is my prayer

Sakurai, please add Bandana dee
It would make us so happy, I would squee

Bandana dee! For smash brothers four!
I assure you! He would be anything but a bore!

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I was bored so i wrote a poem

Oh Bandana dee, So small and strong
We all wanted you in smash for so long

Your spear is sharp and move-set unique
With you being added, our happiness will peak

I would main you like many a player
just please be in, that is my prayer

Sakurai, please add Bandana dee
It would make us so happy, I would squee

Bandana dee! For smash brothers four!
I assure you! He would be anything but a bore!
I don't see how people do that. It takes me days to come up with a poem that good, yet some people can shoot them out in a few hours or less. Good job dude/dudette.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how people do that. It takes me days to come up with a poem that good, yet some people can shoot them out in a few hours or less. Good job dude/dudette.
You flatter me ^^; i've been sitting here for like 20 minutes thinking of what to reply to this cause i'm way to flustered, Thank you for thinking it's that good x3;

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Just goes to show you with the proper presentation and work put into showing something it can attract a lot of attention <3 Chandelure's the mon

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I support the Bandana wearing Waddling Dee. BD All Day, every day.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I went back to Kirby superstar ultra to FINALLY finish all the helper to hero characters. So now I have true 100% in the game. Before I turned my game off I decided to just play Revenge of the King for fun.

So the other then the fact that it is still awesome and Bandana Dee is still cute, but I think it also helped me see how important the Waddle Dees are to the Kirby series. In a mode that changes all the enemies into a weird out version of them,(Scarfys turning into apples for example),...The Waddle Dees, (and Waddle Doos), actually stay the same. I don't think they wanted to change such popular enemies. They even changed the shotzos and the bronto burts. :p

I think Bandana Dee is still perfect as a playable character for Smash. Playing Superstar Ultra also helped me in seeing how well Bandana Dee would look and feel with each move from the different Waddle Dees. Especially with the helpers. Parasol W. D. looks like it would work great and Waddle Doo is...ok. Still kinda worried about Bandana Dee not having a giant eye to use for a beam attack but eh, details.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well, Bandana could always just have a Beam Kirby sceptor on his back for usage. Heck, if Parasol and Beam abilities are made part of his moveset, put the weapons on his back when they aren't in use! of course, it'd be like holding two swords on one's back: they'd either have to cross in some way, or be made like Leonardo's Future Lightsaber-Katanas. (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fans will know what I speak of)

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I remember in crystal shards waddle dee got corrupted into a waddle doo, maybe could be like that

covers his face, reveals an eye to shoot out the beam, then the eye disapears

D

Deleted member

I remember in crystal shards waddle dee got corrupted into a waddle doo, maybe could be like that

covers his face, reveals an eye to shoot out the beam, then the eye disapears
Oh dear. That would be kinda creepy... and strange.

I recently 100%'d The Crystal Shards again and it was an amazing time. Whenever I saw that Waddle Dee, I had the habit of calling him "Bandana Dee." I dunno... I'm assuming that this Waddle Dee is the same Dee that we all know and love.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. That would be kinda creepy... and strange.

I recently 100%'d The Crystal Shards again and it was an amazing time. Whenever I saw that Waddle Dee, I had the habit of calling him "Bandana Dee." I dunno... I'm assuming that this Waddle Dee is the same Dee that we all know and love.
hahah, i didn't wanna say it cause theres no proof for it x3 but in my own head they are the same too

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If there were like Team-Battle Victory Dances, like when 2 people of the same Series (such as Mario & Luigi) win a Team Battle and do a special dance, it would be ADORABLE when Bandana Dee and King Dedede celebrated together.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I wish there were Team-Battle victory dances. seeing multiple characters on the same team celebrate separately is sometimes annoying, especially with characters like Mario and Luigi, who are best-friend-bros, yet act on their own in the victory poses when they should do something together. or I feel Link and Sheik should play the Ocarina and the Harp together in a random selection of the six warp songs. hearing those take over the victory music would be the ULTIMATE fanservice to Ocarina fans.

I think it'd be awesome to see Bandana and Kirby dance around with Kirby in his Spear hat then crossing the spears together before looking at the camera and smiling. Bandana and Meta Knight in a short sparring match? maybe? confusing? maybe certain team battle poses would be longer than others? oh great, more ideas we the fans have that Sakurai might never use......Darn it, why didn't Sakurai think of something like this for Melee and Brawl?

Maybe when the Kirby teams dance together we get the longer version of the victory dance and theme from when we beat a boss/get a perfect in the launching minigame! so many ideas!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Epic yarn, triple deluxe, return to dreamland, lots of chances, Personally i'm expecting a lor starcutter themed stage for the wii u version

Maybe they're waiting to show it of until they showed all the kirby chars

D

Deleted member

Umm... yeah, what about..."Bandana Dee The Spear Master, Ready for E3!" or something like that? XD
Sounds good to me! I hope that we see him get confirmed as a surprise reveal!

EDIT: I actually like what @ BandanaDee BandanaDee said. Let's make the title "Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! ~ Get Hyped for Bandana DeE3!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom