• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
...Is that supposed to be Ridley or some bacon monster? Well I didn't think the leak was real anyway, still have high hopes for BD. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Makiko Ohmoto, Kirby's voice actor, currently voices every Kirby character with a voice as of Returns. Yes, that includes Meta Knight. Woman's got talent.
Wait, she voices as Kirby, Meta Knight, AND King Dedede? Whoa. That is very impressive.

Relief for you guys. :p
Looks like Kirby isn't getting just 3 characters then.
I wanted the leak to be fake just because of Bandana Dee... and I knew that it had to be fake.
Just because it's fake doesn't mean that we're in the clear. Kirby can still have 3 characters. :(

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Makiko Ohmoto, Kirby's voice actor, currently voices every Kirby character with a voice as of Returns. Yes, that includes Meta Knight. Woman's got talent.
Come back when she voices Bandanna Dee :p

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Come back when she voices Bandanna Dee :p
Eh, someone asked who voiced Dedede, I complied. Ironically, despite being one of the characters known to speak as shown in Ultra, he's voiceless in Returns.

I'd say a younger/lighter/more feminine version of the Epic Yarn "Voice" would work, and Ohmoto seems a good a fit as any.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
That moderator removed my gif? You trying to see me in a game of Smash? A game of basketball? I never seen you play a game of 21 in my life. I see how it is. Sakurai and the mods are against the Dee. This goes beyond the Smash Boards.
Hey guys, I Haz a question. We ever discuss color palettes for the Dee yet?

Well if we have, I'm going to anyway

#. Skin/Face/Bandanna

1. Orange/White/Blue (Default)
2. Red/Light Pink/Dark Red (Red)
3. Blue/Light Blue/Sky Blue (Blue)
4. Green/Yellow/Lime (Green)
5. Gold/Bright Pink/Gold (Color of those Key Runner Waddle Dees from RtDL/TD)
6. Monochrome (Old School)

Yes I know, custom team colors, but I'm still guessing we're going to get the basic Red/Blue/Green palettes. Default could pass for Red I suppose, but that might be confusing with the blue Bandanna.

Yes.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How many detractors do you all get in here?
Well...I don't think we can give an exact number, and a comparison is kinda hard.

I know we are way less then character like Chrom, mii, and pac-man in that regard. Maybe also Krystal.

Really, I think a majority just considers us "just there." :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I figured. I would see any detractors more looking at him in the "Generic" light like Toad is seen sometimes, but unlike Toad there's no question if Bandana is fighting material. Krystal has an occasional detractor, but its calmed down as of late. Now that the roster may or not be leaked.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
When it comes to toad, I used to prefer him as an Assist Trophy, because well, all he ever does is assist you in most Mario games without getting involved. However, in more recent games he's been the playable blue toad that you could play in Super Mario Bros. 2 (Loved playing that game as a kid, and Toad was so fun to use to try to speedrun with). So I wouldn't mind Toad being playable. Of course, as with most Mario characters, I probably wouldn't play it. Only Yoshi is the only one I enjoy a lot because of his awkward gameplay and being adorable without being too adorable (though Rosalina's gameplay has me interested).... Personally I'm only hoping for Bowser Jr. when it comes to Mario Candidates for Smash, however Bowser Jr.'s fighting style depends on what game you take him from (but at least he usually tries to overwhelm you with tons of bullet bills in most, instead of trying to squish Mario with overwhelming size like Bowser always does). Doubt Bowser Jr. will make it in this Smash cause of Rosalina, though I will say I was surprised Rosalina made it in over him. I thought Rosalina was exclusive to Mario galaxy, and was unlockable for other things, I guess I was wrong, I need to look up more at more recent Mario games for the Wii U.
Krystal I'd love to see in the game, but to be entirely honest, outside of Starfox Adventures I don't know how important she is (I know she's not important in Star Fox Assault at least), and the silly roster limit, and Peppy (and..... ugh, slippy) are contenders for the spot as well. Which is a shame cause she has a very nice character (even if her style of dressing is a bit questionable at times)..... Though I'm even worried about Wolf making it in the game this time, he was in my top 5 favorites in Brawl.

Just looking at these characters makes me have higher hopes for Bandana Dee.

Also was that last roster picture really the leak? The original post of the leak was a broken image for me at the time I got around to it. That Ridley is so rediculously ugly, in a bad way.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I made an account just to say i fully support the Bandana dee.

Also to add to how important Bandana dee is to the games, he got a sprite in the triple deluxe credits along with kirby, with no other character getting one. Just Kirby and Bandana dee~

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Now that's dedication.
Welcome to the crew! :cool:
Thank ya♫ I got the wish for him a while back then looked it up and found this thread and followed it for a few days, then decided I wanna jump in on the conversation x3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh my! THE Bandana Dee made an account to help the cause!
Welcome to the thread!

Also to add to how important Bandana dee is to the games, he got a sprite in the triple deluxe credits along with kirby, with no other character getting one. Just Kirby and Bandana dee~
I think that this sprite also exists in Kirby Super Star Ultra.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Oh my! THE Bandana Dee made an account to help the cause!
Welcome to the thread!

I think that this sprite also exists in Kirby Super Star Ultra.
I just want to get in that badly♫

And is it? I haven't replayed ultra in a while, but i wouldn't be surprised x3

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
At 8:10, you can see the same image of Kirby and Bandana Dee.
Oh cool, that's pretty epic that he got stuff even back then. Maybe they already had plans to re-use him as they were making ultra, who knows. or maybe...maybe... IT WAS DESTINY.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee is nowhere near as likely as Palutena; she's a shoo-in, Bandana Dee is not. However, people don't really give him much credit... which is disappointing.
And yeah, I'm not on the Palutena train either. I didn't like her character and her moveset potential is bland.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is nowhere near as likely as Palutena; she's a shoo-in, Bandana Dee is not. However, people don't really give him much credit... which is disappointing.
And yeah, I'm not on the Palutena train either. I didn't like her character and her moveset potential is bland.
I just feel she isn't as likely as people think she is and I feel that Rosalina is enough has far as a big female goes, and Pit for KI representation. She does have tons of support though... and that I don't get...

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I just feel she isn't as likely as people think she is and I feel that Rosalina is enough has far as a big female goes, and Pit for KI representation. She does have tons of support though... and that I don't get...
As someone who has watched the series I think people go for her because she has a very unique personality and was shown in uprising to be capable of fighting and dealing significant damage, which people see as her having a good chance along with the pictures people have seen. She's a big staple of the kid icarus series so i can see fans wanting her in so that kid icarus gets a bit more notice, cause really it is a under-rated game. And really we support bandana dee who is a bit more unlikely than palutena, so we shouldn't be against her support really. Most characters who people are rooting for have a good fanbase who want to see the character for a good reason -nodnod-

While I do think IF kirby gets a 4th, Bandana dee is the most likely candidate considering the history of kirby games not many other characters really show up on a repetitive level that would make a good rep. Galactica knight would be to much of a clone, dark matter and zero wouldnt really work either and they're the closest the game gets to a ongoing villain. Prince fluff has a chance too but a bit less than bandana dee i would say.

While taking the comparison of both the games chances at reps and who it would be, I would say it's possible that kirby gets bandana, and it is possible kid icarus could get palutena, though kid icarus has many more cool characters they could use, I know Hades is a fan favorite for his personality as are many other chars in that game. Soooo overall I say they both got pretty good chances, both bandana and palutena that is, and maybe both will get in♫ who knows♫ lets hope they do!

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
As someone who has watched the series I think people go for her because she has a very unique personality and was shown in uprising to be capable of fighting and dealing significant damage, which people see as her having a good chance along with the pictures people have seen. She's a big staple of the kid icarus series so i can see fans wanting her in so that kid icarus gets a bit more notice, cause really it is a under-rated game. And really we support bandana dee who is a bit more unlikely than palutena, so we shouldn't be against her support really. Most characters who people are rooting for have a good fanbase who want to see the character for a good reason -nodnod-

While I do think IF kirby gets a 4th, Bandana dee is the most likely candidate considering the history of kirby games not many other characters really show up on a repetitive level that would make a good rep. Galactica knight would be to much of a clone, dark matter and zero wouldnt really work either and they're the closest the game gets to a ongoing villain. Prince fluff has a chance too but a bit less than bandana dee i would say.

While taking the comparison of both the games chances at reps and who it would be, I would say it's possible that kirby gets bandana, and it is possible kid icarus could get palutena, though kid icarus has many more cool characters they could use, I know Hades is a fan favorite for his personality as are many other chars in that game. Soooo overall I say they both got pretty good chances, both bandana and palutena that is, and maybe both will get in♫ who knows♫ lets hope they do!
Well I will be angry if they get Palutena, but we don't get the Dee

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I do not doubt the Dee for a single second. It's quite obvious to me that he's in. Absolutely 100%. We're definitely receiving the Dee.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I do not doubt the Dee for a single second. It's quite obvious to me that he's in. Absolutely 100%. We're definitely receiving the Dee.
It really does come down to if we do get a 4th kirby rep, and with the banner theory theres a pretty good chance of it, as long as that's not meaning meta knight

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It really does come down to if we do get a 4th kirby rep, and with the banner theory theres a pretty good chance of it, as long as that's not meaning meta knight
My dad is Nintendo and he told me Bandana Dee is going to be in and will be SSSS-tier. We're all gonna feel the Dee without a doubt.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Personally I'd prefer to play Magalor over Bandana Dee. Bandana Dee deserves to get in waaaay more than Magalor though. But hey, after what happened to Mewtwo , and Meta Knight , it really comes down to gameplay, and how good the moves are done visually as well. I'm not about to post several paragraphs on why I think Mewtwo was added in a strange way in Melee, and how Meta Knight was incredibly boring in Brawl. At least they sounded cool. I'm pretty sure Bandana Dee doesn't have to worry too much about becoming boring/whatever other negative trait when he gets into smash as much though. If they don't have the spear helicopter though, I will be incredibly disappointed though.

As for Palutena. She seems rather likely, but I don't think she is confirmed just yet. As for the 2 reps for Kid Icarus, I dunno what to say, but Palutena is really important to Kid Icarus, and it would really help with promoting that series by adding another character (and Kid Icarus on the NES was a classic, it's different than trying to promote some random new series). I'll say this though, after watching people play through half of Kid Icarus, it makes me want to play Star Fox: Assault. Since Kid Icarus seems to be like that, but with much much more polish. Rail shooter? Yup. Rediculously fast, while not being slippery at all on the ground with being focused on shooting? Yup. People talking constantly while you fight? Eeyup :bubblebobble:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'll just say it: I support both Palutena AND Bandana. I just don't see how they clash; why not just want both of 'em in together?
That's how I view a lot of characters. I find it silly when people get angry at each other because they want some other character in.

As for characters I currently support, and the only characters where I hang out on their support threads.
Ridley is the only one that I feel that would make me go "Wait what? Why is he not in?" if he is not playable. He's the main reason why I started posting on the forums.
Bandana Dee is the one I support the second most. Since he's basicly the 4th main character for Kirby now, and it seems it'll be that way forever now.

Now for characters I support, but do not think they have a chance to get in this smash.
Bowser Jr. - Rosalina is in right now. Bowser Jr. can be done in a lot of ways, just hopefully if he ever gets into smash he's not a bowser clone because that would be so horrible for his character.
Anthony from Other M - Currently he's an unimportant character to the metroid franchise, I'm just hoping he comes back, because he is the best thing to come out of Other M. He's like Captain Falcon of the Metroid universe, but has more charm to him. I want him to make the storys more interesting in Metroid (and make it be a disguised tutorial for players that are new to metroid, simultaneously making the player feel bad when Anthony leaves them whether it's a monster attacking him, or he gets called to duty or whatever), other than for Samus to just blow everything up constantly, to make Samus look more badass in future metroid games because it'll show how much more powerful she is.
Krystal - I don't even see Wolf yet, and I'm worried we might not see even see Wolf. She's a cool character, but I don't know if she's really important enough to add.

Characters I think should get in, but I personally do not care about:
Palutena
King K. Rool - I don't play Donkey Kong, but all my friends that loved Donkey Kong loved to talk about King K Rool a lot.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, the characters I currently support the most (except Dillon the Armadillo. sadly he is just an Assist Trophy, but it's still nice to see the character as more than a normal background trophy only I care about.) are Bandana Dee, Anthony Higgs, Krystal, Bowser Jr., and Palutena.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I support bandana dee.
The first post gave me enough reasons to put him in the next game.
Now I don't know if it's safe to ask it here, I hope that I won't get killed, but do you all really think he will be in priority into the next smash, above, say, Palutena or Chrom ? Because the only argument I find against him is the number of slots for newcomers in the next smash. And, assuming the Sal leak is true, we have 12 newcomers already. Now adding Ridley (the one I support the most, but that you could replace with K rool, Krystal, Mewtwo, Zelda newcomer etc...), 13 new characters. Isn't it gonna be tight for our spear master to get in the roster ?
I hope he'll be in though, good luck.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well now that Ike is in this game, I'd say Chrom's chances took a massive hit. He could still be in though. I can say Bandana Dee has a better chance than Chrom easily. Now I don't know Fire Emblem well, and don't know anyone that plays Fire Emblem so I'd have to go research the game. But if Chrom represents the latest Fire Emblem he may have a chance, and SSB4 will be the first game to have 3 Fire Emblem characters.

When it comes to Palutena's chances I see her either being an Assist Trophy or playable character. She's important in Kid Icarus. The question is if they feel Kid Icarus is important enough for a second slot. Which I think it is if they really want to keep going with the series. So I think Palutena has a bigger chance than Bandana Dee. I still find Bandana Dee very likely though, and even if he doesn't get in this game, I'll be surprised if he's not in for SSB5 due to Bandana Dee being important to Kirby (and being considered important in Kirby is a rare thing).

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say it: I support both Palutena AND Bandana. I just don't see how they clash; why not just want both of 'em in together?
No potential newcomers really clash with each other except Pokemon. I'm glad you agree about the Dee.

Top Bottom