• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Well three Kirby Reps is depressing...

If this is real then my suspicions that Bandana Dee being unplayable is incorrect, which is a massive shame, considering he's my most wanted newcomer. I'm of the opinion the non-Ridley/non-Pacman one is because he was my most wanted newcomers. I still hold out hope for the character but B.D. seems to be out of the running :(

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well three Kirby Reps is depressing...

If this is real then my suspicions that Bandana Dee being unplayable is incorrect, which is a massive shame, considering he's my most wanted newcomer. I'm of the opinion the non-Ridley/non-Pacman one is because he was my most wanted newcomers. I still hold out hope for the character but B.D. seems to be out of the running :(
Don't lose the hope, that leak is probably fake.
We'll have to wait a little more, like 16 days, for E3 and to know more about Bandana Dee's fate.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Don't lose the hope, that leak is probably fake.
We'll have to wait a little more, like 16 days, for E3 and to know more about Bandana Dee's fate.
That's the way to look at it, there's plenty of evidence against the leaks, but at the same time I've seen these CSS' ripped apart without minutes usually, but this one is still going strong. (Well at least the first two images)

But I guess my ideal trifecta of newcomers' (Bandana Dee, King K. Rool & Ridley) will see their fate at E3. So long as I don't see wasted potential in their place I'll be fine if they don't appear.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
[GIF REMOVED DUE TO CENSOR DODGE]

IT'S THAT DAILY BANDANA DEE HYPE. Bandana Dee's got all the girls AND he's the prettiest ***** out there oh jesus let me charge this purse I'm gonna look fab oh god. Oh man he's coming for my ******* and that's really cool. HE'S JUST A DAMN LEGEND. Shout out to the competitive Smash Bros scene, Dee is coming for your ******* and GC controllers.

"I never seen Little Mac fight a day in my gotdam life. NEVER EVEN WATCHED HIM ON THE TV HE WON'T SEE ME IN A FIGHT, THO. TELL EM ABOUT THE DEE." - Bandana Dee.

Believe in the Dee 2k14 you feel me, man? Sakurai can't ignore this hype. Might have to pull a Sonic here and delay the game for Bandana Dee to get them GOTY awards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't lose the hope, that leak is obviously fake.
Fixed; for accuracy. Bandanna Dee is still safe, if he could dodge the "oh Dedede throws Waddle Dees" counterpoint, he can dodge a leak that doesn't have anything redeemable about it aside from the pictures torn from the official website.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Fixed; for accuracy. Bandanna Dee is still safe, if he could dodge the "oh Dedede throws Waddle Dees" counterpoint, he can dodge a leak that doesn't have anything redeemable about it aside from the pictures torn from the official website.
So you expect the roster slots to have their own character art that's not the dojo art?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So you expect the roster slots to have their own character art that's not the dojo art?
What exactly is that supposed to mean, and what does it have to so with the leak being fake? I'm pretty sure that the characters will use their "dojo" artwork on the select screen, but the fact that the leak uses official artwork doesn't make it real, if that's what you're implying. That just makes it easy to fake.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The stupid roster leak is totally disconfirmed...BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!
PARTY HARD!

No, but seriously, we are safe for now.
Thank goodness is all i can say. I had fun debating with you at any rate Gamer. However no leak can stop the Dee.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Thank goodness is all i can say. I had fun debating with you at any rate Gamer. However no leak can stop the Dee.
If it wasn't for Hex, we would have kept arguing until E3! I'm glad that there is now a completely reasonable way to prove the leak is fake.

However if it was real, I would be confused as hell why would they change their typeface at the last moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The stupid roster leak is totally disconfirmed...BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!
PARTY HARD!

No, but seriously, we are safe for now.
I'm so freaking glad that the leak got debunked!
The leak may have been debunked, BUT DON'T DROP YOUR GUARDS!

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman

IT'S THAT DAILY BANDANA DEE HYPE. Bandana Dee's got all the girls AND he's the prettiest ***** out there oh jesus let me charge this purse I'm gonna look fab oh god. Oh man he's coming for my *****es and that's really cool. HE'S JUST A DAMN LEGEND. Shout out to the competitive Smash Bros scene, Dee is coming for your *****es and GC controllers.

"I never seen Little Mac fight a day in my gotdam life. NEVER EVEN WATCHED HIM ON THE TV HE WON'T SEE ME IN A FIGHT, THO. TELL EM ABOUT THE DEE." - Bandana Dee.

Believe in the Dee 2k14 you feel me, man? Sakurai can't ignore this hype. Might have to pull a Sonic here and delay the game for Bandana Dee to get them GOTY awards.
Whooow, aren't a little Overhyped???

Wait a second, there is no such thing
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Neo Zero

Hey guys, I Haz a question. We ever discuss color palettes for the Dee yet?

Well if we have, I'm going to anyway

#. Skin/Face/Bandanna

1. Orange/White/Blue (Default)
2. Red/Light Pink/Dark Red (Red)
3. Blue/Light Blue/Sky Blue (Blue)
4. Green/Yellow/Lime (Green)
5. Gold/Bright Pink/Gold (Color of those Key Runner Waddle Dees from RtDL/TD)
6. Monochrome (Old School)

Yes I know, custom team colors, but I'm still guessing we're going to get the basic Red/Blue/Green palettes. Default could pass for Red I suppose, but that might be confusing with the blue Bandanna.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey guys, I Haz a question. We ever discuss color palettes for the Dee yet?

Well if we have, I'm going to anyway

#. Skin/Face/Bandanna

1. Orange/White/Blue (Default)
2. Red/Light Pink/Dark Red (Red)
3. Blue/Light Blue/Sky Blue (Blue)
4. Green/Yellow/Lime (Green)
5. Gold/Bright Pink/Gold (Color of those Key Runner Waddle Dees from RtDL/TD)
6. Monochrome (Old School)

Yes I know, custom team colors, but I'm still guessing we're going to get the basic Red/Blue/Green palettes. Default could pass for Red I suppose, but that might be confusing with the blue Bandanna.
(Fur)/(Face)/(Bandanna)/(Feet)

1. Orange/White/Blue/Orange (Default)

2. Sky Blue/Ice Blue/Dark Blue/Dark Blue (Blue/Chilly)

3. Dark Red/Red/Orange/Red (Red/Hot Head)

4. Aqua Green/Lighter Aqua Green/White/White (Green/Plasma Wisp)

5. Gold/Pink/Gold/Red (Yellow/Carry Dee)

6. Gray/White/Dark Gray/Black (Monochrome/Classic Waddle Dee)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Oh gosh, how could I not make them after enemies. I'm at work, don't judge me! D:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So I don't know why Spear Kirby isn't in Kirby: The Fighters.

It was a moveset I liked a lot in the main game of triple deluxe. Used to cut through bosses with ease.

But no more unbalanced than sword really.

Maybe he was saving that style of fighting for a different game.

Neo Zero

So I don't know why Spear Kirby isn't in Kirby: The Fighters.

It was a moveset I liked a lot in the main game of triple deluxe. Used to cut through bosses with ease.

But no more unbalanced than sword really.

Maybe he was saving that style of fighting for a different game.
If by he you mean Sakurai, he had nothing to do with Triple D. I think the Kirby Fighter developers were just lazy tbqh lol.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If by he you mean Sakurai, he had nothing to do with Triple D. I think the Kirby Fighter developers were just lazy tbqh lol.
Just cause your facts are accurate doesn't mean my wild speculation isn't hopeful. ;)

D

Deleted member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Sakurai provide the voice of King Dedede? I can't find who did his voice for Returns to Dream Land.

I liked Kirby Fighters, but the developers didn't realize its full potential.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
\

Guy came out and finally confirmed it. All hope is restored to full Capacit-dee.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Sakurai provide the voice of King Dedede? I can't find who did his voice for Returns to Dream Land.
Makiko Ohmoto, Kirby's voice actor, currently voices every Kirby character with a voice as of Returns. Yes, that includes Meta Knight. Woman's got talent.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Relief for you guys. :p
Looks like Kirby isn't getting just 3 characters then.
Well, just because the leak was proven fake doesn't automatically mean Kirby is getting four characters. The possibility for only three is still very strong.

Top Bottom