• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

If you DON'T want to receive the Dee, then I do not respect you. How could one deny such a cute character? He's made for Smash Bros. That spear will go so far up your ass, it's ridiculous.

Forget about Ridley. Forget about King K. Rool. Forget about generic JRPG swordsman #4,792. This guy is the real deal. I would be more descriptive, but such vulgarness is not allowed on this website. I mean, really? How is one character so based? I need someone to answer this for me. I want to learn more.

Look in his eyes. He's ready for Smash. He knows it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Some choose to just not recognize it and hope for someone whom resembles something like Spyro's inbred cousin. How many ******* does Bandana Dee have? Has he met the BasedGod? Is Lil B his friend? Who's got buttcheeks? Did Harry Styles mention he's from the hood? Cool. But I want to know why he wears the bandana.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

If you DON'T want to receive the Dee, then I do not respect you. How could one deny such a cute character? He's made for Smash Bros. That spear will go so far up your ***, it's ridiculous.

Forget about Ridley. Forget about King K. Rool. Forget about generic JRPG swordsman #4,792. This guy is the real deal. I would be more descriptive, but such vulgarness is not allowed on this website. I mean, really? How is one character so based? I need someone to answer this for me. I want to learn more.

Look in his eyes. He's ready for Smash. He knows it. You know it. Everyone knows it. Some choose to just not recognize it and hope for someone whom resembles something like Spyro's inbred cousin. How many *****es does Bandana Dee have? Has he met the BasedGod? Is Lil B his friend? Who's got buttcheeks? Did Harry Styles mention he's from the hood? Cool. But I want to know why he wears the bandana.
Yeah! Please based Sakurai let the Dee in! Kirby deserves a new rep! :D

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ahah, I get it. Point, Spears have points!

That awful joke aside, nice moveset ideas mate.
Thanks, just thought I needed some flare for Bandana Dee. :)

Look at my suggested moveset for Bandana Dee in the OP. All of his normals and tilts will use his Spear, while his smashes use his Parasol. He also gets a shotzo for his side-B.
Your moveset is good, and like I said before I'm perfectly fine with just Spear and I would love a combination of spear and parasol as well. However, I don't know if just spear and parasol is enough to have people accept him. The shotzo move is a great step forward though, and who knows, maybe that would get other people excited for him.

Also, @ Chandeelure Chandeelure can my moveset ideas be added? :3
http://smashboards.com/threads/band...-name-in-america.324430/page-76#post-16777626

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

DEAR LORD STOP ME FROM BEING BASED. Bandana Dee is no joke. Everyone needs to hop on the hypetrain. He gets that exclusive Dreamland butt every night, because he's so amazing and based. Even owes child support because he's so cool and I respect him for having so many *******. Everyone wants to tell me about purple dragons and overweight reptiles. I'm gonna tell them about the DEE.

BUT KIRBY ALREADY HAS TOO MANY CHARACTERS!

Oh my son... It appears you're fake based and get no booty and play Golden Sun every night going, "yeah... look at those cool psynergy moves. Yeah. That'd be great. Can't believe you, Sakurai."

HE'S JUST A GENERIC WADDLE DEE!

We're all generic human beings. What are we? What if we're insects and there are giants somewhere? What IS the government hiding from us? Can't answer that? Then how dare you call Bandana Dee "generic" when we're all just generic. Man, I'm getting emotional don't even say that man who are you? Not like the bandana sets him apart and he even killed fellow Waddle Dee's just because.

The hype is real, my friends. Whether you want a green haired goddess, diddykongindrag or that one protagonist with the crazy hair from that one JRPG, you must admit that Bandana Dee is the best choice for Smash, without a doubt. SIMPLY...

Believe in the Dee.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee is the character I want the most in SSB4. He is very likely and has a lot of moveset potential. I support this! :joyful:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord

DEAR LORD STOP ME FROM BEING BASED. Bandana Dee is no joke. Everyone needs to hop on the hypetrain. He gets that exclusive Dreamland butt every night, because he's so amazing and based. Even owes child support because he's so cool and I respect him for having so many *****es. Everyone wants to tell me about purple dragons and overweight reptiles. I'm gonna tell them about the DEE.

BUT KIRBY ALREADY HAS TOO MANY CHARACTERS!

Oh my son... It appears you're fake based and get no booty and play Golden Sun every night going, "yeah... look at those cool psynergy moves. Yeah. That'd be great. Can't believe you, Sakurai."

HE'S JUST A GENERIC WADDLE DEE!

We're all generic human beings. What are we? What if we're insects and there are giants somewhere? What IS the government hiding from us? Can't answer that? Then how dare you call Bandana Dee "generic" when we're all just generic. Man, I'm getting emotional don't even say that man who are you? Not like the bandana sets him apart and he even killed fellow Waddle Dee's just because.

The hype is real, my friends. Whether you want a green haired goddess, diddykongindrag or that one protagonist with the crazy hair from that one JRPG, you must admit that Bandana Dee is the best choice for Smash, without a doubt. SIMPLY...

Believe in the Dee.
YOU made me laugh, like a really creepy and loud laugh xD
Please come often over here :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

OK, our veteran reveal before E3 was Ike... Meta Knight and maybe Bandana Dee at E3 confirmed.
Keep in mind that we have two more weeks to go. Next week, it's basically Wario or nothing. Though, Sakurai could surprise us with Meta Knight at some point.

I would love to see Bandana Dee get confirmed at E3, but I'm doubting it.

Also, remember the banner at the bottom during the Smash Direct?
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/#/video-ndirect
Pikachu's ears were sticking out... and we got Greninja at the end. I heard that on Nintendo's Facebook page the banner has Kirby and Sonic sticking out. One could speculate this could hint at Bandana Dee and Pac-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that we have two more weeks to go. Next week, it's basically Wario or nothing. Though, Sakurai could surprise us with Meta Knight at some point.

I would love to see Bandana Dee get confirmed at E3, but I'm doubting it.

Also, remember the banner at the bottom during the Smash Direct?
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014/#/video-ndirect
Pikachu's ears were sticking out... and we got Greninja at the end. I heard that on Nintendo's Facebook page the banner has Kirby and Sonic sticking out. One could speculate this could hint at Bandana Dee and Pac-Man.
Or maybe...

They wouldn't, would they? Sakurai wouldn't... Right? Tell me they wouldn't do this. They COULDN'T do it. I refuse to believe that Sakurai would go, "HEY SEGA, LET'S GET KNUCKLES IN THIS *****." Or even Tails or Shadow. Please no. It can't be.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Waddle Dee is the character I want the most in SSB4. He is very likely and has a lot of moveset potential. I support this! :joyful:
Believing in the Dee is the only thing you should be doing. I'll go straight to the white house if Bandana Dee isn't in. If they refuse my request to give me a ride to Japan, then I'll somehow go over there myself and I'll enter the Bandai Namco studios and I'll open a can of whoop ass on everyone and their quintuple Taco Bell chins as they slave away working on mediocre characters from mediocre JRPGs that are only praised for being the first decent one in a long time. Then I'll stare Masahiro Sakurai in his beady eyes and I'll give him a Stone Cold Stunner and that's the bottom line. Awwww hell yeah.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Weeell, is it just me or this page is a bit too much excited? :laugh:

EDIT: And try not to double post (use the Edit button), synthe-sia. ;)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
OK, our veteran reveal before E3 was Ike... Meta Knight and maybe Bandana Dee at E3 confirmed.

Welcome.
Part of me wants to say Ike was revealed to be used in a FE newcomer trailer. I do feel like though we'd likely see Bandanna be revealed with MK provided he's in the game and not secret. Dedede would make more sense, but he had to be sacrificed to the advertisement gods. I'm hoping they'd also herald our Kirby stage as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Meta Knight can be revealed through Bandana Dee's trailer, like how Charizard was revealed.
I can't quite think up a scenario for that though.

Neo Zero

Meta Knight can be revealed through Bandana Dee's trailer, like how Charizard was revealed.
I can't quite think up a scenario for that though.
I kinda think we'd see MK earlier, talked about how the returning vets (minus Zard since he was trailer fuel) and then just used later in trailer form, along with Kirby, and Dedede. Maybe they'll be fighting the Kirby stage boss (Kracko really deserves this honor) and getting wrecked (for dramatic purposes) when suddenly Bandanna Dee comes in to save the day!

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
It really annoys me when people deny how plausible he is, by throwing him in the same boat as Toad, the two really don't compare.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'm really really surprised we haven't seen Kracko as an Assist trophy yet, he's been in so many Kirby games, and was in the original as well.

Personally I'd like to see Bandana Dee and Meta Knight come in to help King Dedede (and maybe kirby) at the exact same time. I don't want one of them to be helping DDD and then suddenly the other one blocks one of enemy's blows. It would only make sense to me if Meta Knight was the one to do that, but he's a vet so he should be shown first, and it would be a little awkward to have meta knight not be aware enough to not see an attack coming. This would also make sense since they both protect King Dedede from certain things.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
DDD - Dath Dee Dho!
Sry 4 bad joke
Actualy, Dhe Dee is quite possible to get in smash without a trailer.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
DDD - Dath Dee Dho!
Sry 4 bad joke
Actualy, Dhe Dee is quite possible to get in smash without a trailer.
I thought sakurai said that every newcomer will get a trailer instead of the subspace emissary cutscenes.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
TRAILER SYNOPSIS GO!

"Hiii!"

Of course it's Kirby! We see him in a rainbow effect. Suddenly, a cinematic display of him swallowing a tree is shown. A brief clip shows that it is Whispy Woods. Poor tree. Anyway, Kirby proceeds, swallowing random enemies as he goes for about 20 seconds. Suddenly a figure shows up. A theme begins playing and progressively louder as Kirby goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-gBv1-Ros

Meta Knight! Kirby attempts to swallow him, but before the puffball could even get a good current going, Meta Knight disappears. The Utilt from brawl is used behind Kirby, and Meta Knight starts a massive combo, leaving Kirby helpless. Meta Knight looking triumphant, he walks away. The screen cuts black for 3 seconds before the theme stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOcBiffEZk

A new theme! This one shows Sword Kirby walking through Vegetable Valley, apparently taking place after the events of the Meta Knight incident. A Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana shows up, holding his spear. The 2 engage in a conversation for a few seconds before Waddle Dee stabs kirby a lot and Kirby launches away!

Waddle Dee waddles in!

Cue generic gameplay of Meta Knight and Waddle Dee

Neo Zero

TRAILER SYNOPSIS GO!

"Hiii!"

Of course it's Kirby! We see him in a rainbow effect. Suddenly, a cinematic display of him swallowing a tree is shown. A brief clip shows that it is Whispy Woods. Poor tree. Anyway, Kirby proceeds, swallowing random enemies as he goes for about 20 seconds. Suddenly a figure shows up. A theme begins playing and progressively louder as Kirby goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-gBv1-Ros

Meta Knight! Kirby attempts to swallow him, but before the puffball could even get a good current going, Meta Knight disappears. The Utilt from brawl is used behind Kirby, and Meta Knight starts a massive combo, leaving Kirby helpless. Meta Knight looking triumphant, he walks away. The screen cuts black for 3 seconds before the theme stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOcBiffEZk

A new theme! This one shows Sword Kirby walking through Vegetable Valley, apparently taking place after the events of the Meta Knight incident. A Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana shows up, holding his spear. The 2 engage in a conversation for a few seconds before Waddle Dee stabs kirby a lot and Kirby launches away!

Waddle Dee waddles in!

Cue generic gameplay of Meta Knight and Waddle Dee
I had enough nightmares when Kirby ate those Giant Eels whole. I'm not sure I want to see Whispy succumb to that D:

Flowery Woods doesn't count

Neo Zero

Guys, I just saw the absolute worst thing possible for us

It could be fake of course, so no sense panicking...but if this were to be real....there would only be 3 Kirby Reps...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys, I just saw the absolute worst thing possible for us

It could be fake of course, so no sense panicking...but if this were to be real....there would only be 3 Kirby Reps...

SAKURAI! YOU'RE NEXT! I'LL KILL YOU!
Oh...it's not confirmed real...ok...I'm fine.

Neo Zero

SAKURAI! YOU'RE NEXT! I'LL KILL YOU!
Oh...it's not confirmed real...ok...I'm fine.
We can only pray this is either debunked for good right away, or we see the select screen at E3 and it isn't this

I talked about the 3's in E3, it likely pertains to CPU level or Stocks. Most likely CPU level since it isn't present in Marth's portrait

The lock symbols are weird, but what if there are no unlockables? What if this was done only for the E3 demo, and alternatively, what if there are unlockabkles but rather than have people be confused by them and "how many are in the game" the game physically tells you how many slots are left to unlock.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Where did the photo pop up. The only question is this.
Where else would an anonymous photo pop up. 4chan. A thread was first made on Gamefaqs, and I was the first person to bring the leak over from there (I also saved the image incase it goes down)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
So i have been thinking in how the next kirby games could evolve, what new mechanics can they come with and what new/old characters can be used.

This is what happened:
Behold.... FANCY DOO!!!!!
:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom