• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
I don't think he's plausible for this game. Maybe, if there is another Smash, he could be in that one. There's too many other potential new fighters out there, and I don't think he'd be a wise choice. He could work, and I saw the movesets in the beginning. Just, not in SSB4.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
There isn't a roster limit in SSB4 right? I wouldn't be surprise if the final roster is larger than expected especially with the possibility of DLC.
In any case, I feel that Bandana Dee will eventually make it into Smash - if not this one then one in the future.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
There isn't a roster limit in SSB4 right? I wouldn't be surprise if the final roster is larger than expected especially with the possibility of DLC.
In any case, I feel that Bandana Dee will eventually make it into Smash - if not this one then one in the future.
Correct, there is no limit, there are no series slots, heck, Sakurai could just as easily put 10 Pokemon in. People really look way to far into things that hold no weight like history, slots, etc;

Maikou

Smash Ace
EDIT: Gah, why do people have to post when I'm typing..... I just had a "slots" part up here, but everyone else already took care of it......
3DS tidbit for everyone here who thinks that the 3DS version will be OH-SO-F(bleep)ING INFERIOR TO THE WII U VERSION: the 3DS is stronger than the GameCube, which to be honest, could hold all of Brawl if Brawl was made better and didn't have so many bad things happen to it during development. I am SO sick of people talking like the 3DS is no stronger than a Nintendo 64. the DS was N64-like if anything.

I know the Systems thing is off-topic, but I am just seeing so much hate and stupid assumptions about the 3DS being inferior and "holding back the Wii U" that I'm ready to just turn into Nightmare or something and just Soul Harvest (Massacre) for a month or so. that's how much rage I have.

Maybe I'm just being defensive as usual, but that's seriously not too much of an exaguration.

More to Bandana: anyone else think maybe we should have a "Headband Dee" alternate costume? just put the Spear Power headband on instead of the normal Bandana/Sailor hat?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Lol, he might as well have an alt costume without the bandana. Then he'd just be another Waddle Dee! Muahahahahaha.
And Waddle Dee is a popular iconic enemy, and it'd be a great idea (though Smash Run would make it a bit awkward but it worked fine for R.O.B.)

...Kindly just take your leave.
Now now Maikou, no need to be disrespectful. He's welcome to his opinion, no need to stoop yourself to a lower level. As I mentioned in that post a few pages back, just ignore it, as any hating has zero benefit to anyone, and zero effect to his chances of being in.

Plus if he is in it makes the salt all the more sweeter.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Whatever his alt - even without headgear - he'll be adorable which is the most important thing.
In Triple Deluxe, isn't he as red as a Waddle Doo in game but orange in the official art? Seems like BD can change colors at will lol.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Lol, he might as well have an alt costume without the bandana. Then he'd just be another Waddle Dee! Muahahahahaha.
Beats being just another :4yoshi:

Regardless you're coming off as sarcastic and disrespectful. If you've nothing positive to add ('cause y'know, Character Support Thread), or have no plan to expand with something actually insightful to add, I'll ask that you not make posts like these here.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
My joking around did not translate well, sorry about that. Oh and sorry Maikou if you took it wrong or personally, I was just trying to joke around. No disrespect intended. My bad for attempting to be sarcastic/humorous via the Internet.

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
After railing on your idea a bit, I have to say that moveset you made was pretty great, Chandelure. While I am not a supporter of him being in SSB4, it's impressive nonetheless. I like how stayed canonical with his specials and Final Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Triple Deluxe 98%.

Stupid normal keychains....

Regardless, Bandana Dee doesn't do a whole lot. He's just kind of...there....

Neo Zero

I beat Triple Deluxe 98%.

Stupid normal keychains....

Regardless, Bandana Dee doesn't do a whole lot. He's just kind of...there....
If you care, grab Wing or Fire (I prefer wing) and run 1-2. Grab the 4 keychains

1. In the background above a Shotzo
2. In a cannon section
3. A breakable block to the left of a door
4. Above the goal door

You can easily get these 4 (5 if you're good at the bonus game) in about 2-4 minutes, it's super fast and easy, it's how I got all keychains in like an hour.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of 100%ing KTD, does anyone have an Ability that they could recommend to me for The True Arena? I was able to do this in KSSU and KRtDL, but I am having a tough time around... (Yo-Yo is gone and Spark is a pain to use without a Wii Remote)

Neo Zero

Speaking of 100%ing KTD, does anyone have an Ability that they could recommend to me for The True Arena? I was able to do this in KSSU and KRtDL, but I am having a tough time around... (Yo-Yo is gone and Spark is a pain to use without a Wii Remote)
First off, Spark is HORRIBLE in this game, they nerfed it really really hard. It's completely worthless to use. Hammer is really good for the first 6-7 bosses, but once you reach the final 4, it becomes kind of a liability

It's not bad against Sectonia, but you'll be begging for a ranged weapon or something against Shadow Dedede and Dark Meta Knight, though it wrecks the final opponent

You want something that either has a ton of invincibility, a strong reliable projectile, or both. The two easiest I find to just beat it are Beetle and Archer. Archer is super simple, just press down, enter Hitman, and lame them out as much as you possibly can. Some fights Hitman won't work on but those are easy fights to avoid attacks. Speaking of Hitman, don't use it if they're on top of you, just wait behind cover because Kirby is vulnerable while shooting from behind it. Also, get out of it and run if they use any attack that will grab you or send you off screen, as those go right through it.

Beetle lacks a projectile, however it's fairly strong, and it has SO MUCH INVINCIBILITY. If you ever get trapped as Beetle, just mash his Dash attack away or even better, his rising spinning uppercut and just aim it to be slightly out of way, I was able to beat the True Arena with it without being hit, outside of me being greedy with attacks, but I asked for that to happen by not being safe. If you play defensive as Beetle, almost nothing can even touch you, as it's invincibility is quite honestly cheap.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I've got something to say.

I think Bandana Dee is just as likely as dark matter, cause at this point Kirby doesn't exactly have a villain, among other things.

Neo Zero

What's King Dedede? Minced penguin?
Dreamland - Villain
Adventure - Anti Hero, questionable methods
Dreamland 2 - Corrupted
Superstar/Ultra - Villain, though he's fairly honorable in Revenge of the King, and for all we know, he didn't do anything wrong
Dreamland 3 - Corrupted
Crystal Shards - Corrupted, Later is a hero
Amazing Mirror - Chilling at his beach palace
Canvas Curse - Hero (though not canon for him)
Squeak Squad - Nothing really, Kirby assaults his fortress unprovoked
Mass Attack - Villain (this one I don't get, maybe he was just in a jerkish mood)
Epic Yarn - Corrupted, Hero
Return to Dreamland - Hero
Triple Deluxe - Princess Peach/Hero

Answer: Not a villain at all really, just a jerk.

EDIT: 9 posts till Post 3000

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Finally beat Dedede Tour, and I thought Meta Knightmare Ultra was a test of endurance. Glad it's over. :p

While I was playing Dedede Tour, I noticed a funny connection between Kirby 64 and Triple Deluxe, regarding Waddle Dee. In 64, Waddle Dee would show up in certain levels to give you a hand. Adeleine would show up to toss you items sometimes, too. In Triple Deluxe, Bandana Dee is basically a fusion of their roles. Although it would have been funny if he gave you a ride down the river in a crate again. But, oh well. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What's King Dedede? Minced penguin?
Half the time he's possessed, half the time he's helpful. He's only really a villian in a few cases, like Spring Breeze in Kirby Super Star.

At least, I think so.

Anyways, what's Certain Is Dark matter is evil 100% of the time he shows up in Kirby.

(This isn't to prove he's better than BD, just to show he's also in the running.)

Neo Zero

Finally beat Dedede Tour, and I thought Meta Knightmare Ultra was a test of endurance. Glad it's over. :p

While I was playing Dedede Tour, I noticed a funny connection between Kirby 64 and Triple Deluxe, regarding Waddle Dee. In 64, Waddle Dee would show up in certain levels to give you a hand. Adeleine would show up to toss you items sometimes, too. In Triple Deluxe, Bandana Dee is basically a fusion of their roles. Although it would have been funny if he gave you a ride down the river in a crate again. But, oh well. :p
A test of endurance is Dedede's Drum Dash. That mini game....ugh.

Took me 2 hours to get gold on DDD's theme just to get the extra stage, which took me 30 minutes just to beat for the 100% (I'm REALLY bad at rhythm games)

It's still better than Octorok Baseball though.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Kirby villains tend to the "villain of the week" flavor. Villains who pop up once, get their butts whooped by Kirby (and friends sometimes), and disappear. Marx, Yin-Yarn, Necrodeus, Magolor, and the most recent Sectonia fall under this. There's really no solid Kirby villain, because just about every new game introduces a new one now.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Kirby villains tend to the "villain of the week" flavor. Villains who pop up once, get their butts whooped by Kirby (and friends sometimes), and disappear. Marx, Yin-Yarn, Necrodeus, Magolor, and the most recent Sectonia fall under this. There's really no solid Kirby villain, because just about every new game introduces a new one now.
All it needs now are nifty suits and zords.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Dark Matter is the most recurring one by far, though. And most Kirby final bosses take inspiration from him nowadays, so don't be surprised if he makes it in.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
When I hear Kirby Rangers, it just makes me think of Kirby's Amazing Mirror.
Some bosses take stuff from Dark Matter? I'd have to take another look at them. I do know just about every final boss in Kirby likes to steal Nightmare's Teleporting around randomly (which I'm totally fine with because that's badass to me). And while I'd like to say that all have the sidescroller shooter section that Nightmare had before the final boss, I think I'd have to give kaboola (however you spell it) credit for that.

Neo Zero

Even got Post 3000 to, Camping it was totally worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom