• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Where is the Kirby stage?!
Maybe Sakurai is waiting for Bandana Dee's reveal :smirk:

Um... I apologize, but what kind of emotion is Waddle Dee trying to convey there? Is he sad? Is he glaring at me while plotting to impale me with a stick?
He is happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where's the Donkey Kong stage as well? King K. Rool Konfirmed!
In all seriousness, I would love for Sakurai to hold off on showing the Kirby stage just so that he could reveal Bandana Dee.
Oh man... if we saw veterans like Wario and Meta Knight and newcomers like Shulk and Bandana Dee were confirmed at E3... it would be the best birthday ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maikou

Smash Ace
For the love of...........
1: Krystal means NOTHING to Bandana.
2: A fourth Star Fox character THAT DOESN'T PLAY LIKE FOX is MOST welcome.
3: If Krystal and Bandana cannot coexist because they share a general weapon type, (Polearm) then I guess Link and MArth are.....OH WAIT! BOTH ARE PLAYABLE! seriously a similar weapon means nothing about their playstyles. anyone here ever play Soul Calibur? Seung Mina and Kilik share A FEW identical moves, but are mostly original from one another. and guess what? they both wield a spear and staff respectively! No more arguments about Staffs and Spears, okay?
4: Can't one just support both characters equally? I'd be happy if Krystal got in, but would that really mean I'd have to not care for Bandana anymore?
5: Anyone else hoping that Meta Knight's FS is changed, or changeable to Mach Tornado? the real thing from Super Star Ultra I mean?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
For the love of...........
1: Krystal means NOTHING to Bandana.
2: A fourth Star Fox character THAT DOESN'T PLAY LIKE FOX is MOST welcome.
3: If Krystal and Bandana cannot coexist because they share a general weapon type, (Polearm) then I guess Link and MArth are.....OH WAIT! BOTH ARE PLAYABLE! seriously a similar weapon means nothing about their playstyles. anyone here ever play Soul Calibur? Seung Mina and Kilik share A FEW identical moves, but are mostly original from one another. and guess what? they both wield a spear and staff respectively! No more arguments about Staffs and Spears, okay?
4: Can't one just support both characters equally? I'd be happy if Krystal got in, but would that really mean I'd have to not care for Bandana anymore?
5: Anyone else hoping that Meta Knight's FS is changed, or changeable to Mach Tornado? the real thing from Super Star Ultra I mean?
Where did that come from? The only thing that was said about Krystal was
Where's the Star Fox stage? Krystal confirmed!
in reply to

He is happy.
and
Where's the Donkey Kong stage as well? King K. Rool Konfirmed!
In all seriousness, I would love for Sakurai to hold off on showing the Kirby stage just so that he could reveal Bandana Dee.
Oh man... if we saw veterans like Wario and Meta Knight and newcomers like Shulk and Bandana Dee were confirmed at E3... it would be the best birthday ever.
No one said anything about them competing.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Where's the Electroplankton stage? Hanenbow confirmed!

Part of me is worried Halberd is supposed to be our Kirby Stage, which is beyond lazy.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I doubt they would waste an epic Green Greens remix for the Halberd. Not to mention they probably won't get the Halberd up and running on the 3DS.

Speaking of stages, I wonder what the Kirby stages will be like. There's a good chance the stages will be different across the Wii U and 3DS.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm hoping for both Star Fox and Kirby to see 4 reps, and yes both of the people I want carry lances. That said, still doesn't mean neither of them should be shunned because Mario only has 5 when Yoshi, DK and Wario are also his franchise as well.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So guys, what do you think about the Kirby music in this game? I REALLY hope for Kirby's Return to Dreamland music like Under My Control, C.R.O.W.N.E.D. and Another Dimension, and also some Triple Deluxe music, like Sectonia's Theme, F.L.O.W.E.R. and Fine Field.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So guys, what do you think about the Kirby music in this game? I REALLY hope for Kirby's Return to Dreamland music like Under My Control, C.R.O.W.N.E.D. and Another Dimension, and also some Triple Deluxe music, like Sectonia's Theme, F.L.O.W.E.R. and Fine Field.
I think Triple Deluxe may have come a little late to get music in the game, but maybe we will see something. I do think stuff from Return to Dreamland will almost certainly appear, and in that case, I think your musical choices would be excellent.

Aside from that, maybe some pieces from Super Star Ultra, like Masked Dedede or Galacta Knight, would be fun to have in the game.

Neo Zero

Oh, and Factory Investigation, please.

Best song

No seriously it's the best song, loved hearing it in Kirby Fighters

Speaking of Kirby Fighters, I'd personally love if Kracko's arena was made it into a Sm4sh stage, just add two ledges to the side and you got an awesome stage, and Kracko would be a cool hazard/boss fight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was absolutely stunned that the boss theme from Kirby 64 was glossed over. It's a shame because it fits in so beautifully with the Halberd. I'm just glad that the stage is back so that I can hear this glorious masterpiece again (that and I like the stage).

There are a couple of other Kirby songs that I would love to see in Smash. I think that the soundtrack from Kirby's Epic Yarn needs some love in there; Outer Rings comes to mind. As for Returns to Dream Land music... I'm not so sure which ones best fit in Smash. I would love to hear the Title Theme purely for Bandana Dee's reveal. I could say C-R-O-W-N-E-D, but I fear that they might ruin it like they did with the 02 Theme in Brawl.

Speaking of Kirby Fighters, I'd personally love if Kracko's arena was made it into a Sm4sh stage, just add two ledges to the side and you got an awesome stage, and Kracko would be a cool hazard/boss fight.
That would be a cool stage. Though, I am leaning more towards a stage that contrasts the Halberd. I guess Cookie Country could work, though I find that to be a bit boring. I'm hoping for Nutty Noon to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's no doubt, the Title Theme from Return to Dreamland would best suit Dee's reveal.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I could say C-R-O-W-N-E-D, but I fear that they might ruin it like they did with the 02 Theme in Brawl.
I would think that with a fully orchestrated track like that, they'd just bring it into the game as it is on the original soundtrack, sort of like how I think they did with the Ballad of the Goddess.

At least I hope they would.

Man, did they mess up 02's theme...

D

Deleted member

I would think that with a fully orchestrated track like that, they'd just bring it into the game as it is on the original soundtrack, sort of like how I think they did with the Ballad of the Goddess.

At least I hope they would.

Man, did they mess up 02's theme...
The thing that I loved about the 02 theme and the battle in general is that it's very atmospheric. It's very dark, haunting, and it heavily contrasts the bright and colorful worlds of Kirby (most of the final bosses in Kirby are like this). I absolutely loved the track for how it accomplished that in Kirby 64.

I recently 100%ed Kirby 64 again and seeing 02 again made me have those thoughts. It's just... nightmarish. It's just an embodiment of evil, depression, and corruption.

I was pretty excited when I found out that it was in Brawl... and I was disappointed when I heard it. It just sucked away what made the original so great and some tracks in Brawl were like this (Bramble Blast, anyone?). So, seeing a remix of C-R-O-W-N-E-D would make me a bit fearful as to how it would sound.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I found this video and I liked the voices for everyone - especially Bandana Dee and Kirby. It makes me wish for another Kirby anime based on the games. Also, it's funny as hell.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I found this video and I liked the voices for everyone - especially Bandana Dee and Kirby. It makes me wish for another Kirby anime based on the games. Also, it's funny as hell.
BD's voice reminds me of Chopper from One Piece.

Neo Zero

this song pls:
EDIT: Oh right, heir host asked about which songs we'd like to see, disregard (but I'm still keeping the second part of the message cuz I have commericalnostalgiaitis atm)

Holy that was awesome, reminds me of the good ol days of commericials

Always did suffer from a lot of TMK

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down for a new Kirby anime that's true to the games. It's a shame that Sakurai himself was the one who pokemon-ized the last one so bad.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
(Bramble Blast, anyone?)
Wait, did you seriously just dis Bramble Blast? That track was beautiful and probably still my favorite track from Brawl. The original wouldn't have fit as well with Smash being a fighting game.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
This makes me excited for my Japanese class I will be taking over the summer.

D

Deleted member

Wait, did you seriously just dis Bramble Blast? That track was beautiful and probably still my favorite track from Brawl. The original wouldn't have fit as well with Smash being a fighting game.
I know that the original wouldn't have fit in with a fighting game, but the Brawl version is pretty inferior to the original in my opinion.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, what would you guys want to see as a stage?
Eternal Dreamland or Prison of Beauty.

Both would make fantastic 3ds stages bringing some excellent music with them. <3

Of course, Triple Deluxe is kind of late to the party so I'm skeptical on whether it will be getting any content at all...But it's nice to dream.

For the Wii U version, if we HAVE to get something from Return to Dreamland, the only place that stands out is Another Dimension. :/

Other then that, City Trials and Bubbly Clouds would be some nice stages. :3

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I liked 02's theme in Brawl u.u , it's obviously not as good as the original, but still, IT'S 02! XD

Fair enough.

So, what would you guys want to see as a stage?

That moon looks epic :awesome:

EDIT: NOOO! I totally forgot about Smash 3DS! I want Triple Deluxe music in my Wii U! D:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

XDD
That was funny hahaha, but that's not Bandana Dee, it's Sailor Dee :B
And I also don't like "Toad" voice so much XD
Oh man, a post you didn't like in this thread? Remind me to never screw up my Waddle Dee terminology around you~

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
XDD
That was funny hahaha, but that's not Bandana Dee, it's Sailor Dee :B
And I also don't like "Toad" voice so much XD
Sailor Dee could really just be an alt costume for Bandana Dee at this point. Maybe they have different pitches or something. XD
And you won't like Toad's voice after you've seen "Super Toad 67".

Top Bottom