• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I think Kid Icarus is getting some love and attention not because its a Sakurai game, rather the fact that its being brought back from the dead. Nintendo is trying to breath life back into it and Smash is a great way to do so. Kirby has been around long enough for people to love him, Pit not so much. I wouldn't take it personal but long as I get my dee I'm good.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was thinking about something...
Wouldn't the amount of Kid Icarus content weaken the "modesty" argument? Sakurai worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising after all and look at the content its getting:
-Pit is getting an overhaul
-Numerous weapons from that game are items
-The game is getting a massive stage on the Wii U version and a stage on the 3DS version
-Palutena is pretty much a shoo-in as a newcomer with all things considered
Honestly, I say that his modesty shall be damned and that he has a slight bias.
I will add this to the OP :B

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I think one of my main reasons for wanting Bandana Dee myself is due to the cuteness factor.

Yeah, I don't like the whole "slots" thing myself. and his name is offically Bandana Waddle Dee, or BWD for short. or Bandana Dee.
I'm just gonna leave the welcome to one of the founders of the Bandana Brigade.
I get it
you want the Dee
but I don't think I'd call it 'cute'

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I finished Kirby triple DELUXE and is a DELUXE version of Return to dreamland but whyout multiplayer(Return to dreamland multiplayer is great!).
I love Kirby Fighters That I did complete it with all copy ablitys in normal and Very hard with Sword, Ninja and Beam(Favorate). Sometime bomb and Parasol kirby felt broken in the game.
I really enjoy somehow dedede drum dash and I really like it, I like soo much that I did golden(sometime in platinium!) Medals in all stages!!!
I love everything in this game even the gyro controls works incredible!!! I very lively and have the same charm that the 64 kirby game, like shotzo shooting at you in the background!
I love all the bosses! The screen even move around and is feels epic.
The keychains are true nostagia bombs that I collected every single one of them!(I use guide to find the Rare keychains hidden in each stage.)
I love everything this game have to offer, Yet the music is great at there some remixed too.

I want Bandana waddle de to Smash, Is spear can make him more unique than other characters and he A VERY but VERY badass Waddle Dee, Don't Mess with is cute heartless face of death!!

LF2K

Floor Diver
I got Triple Deluxe today, and I've noticed the Waddle Dees are more evolved with the levels now. Like how a bunch of them wear goofy lumberjack hats and chop down trees in one level.

Hopefully they can work that into Bandana if he's in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys think that, if a new Kirby game was shown at E3, it would boost Bandana Dee's chances?
If Bandana Dee is a major character in it, then maybe.
It might be too late in the grand scheme of things, however.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The game could star Bandanna Dee (actually, this needs to happen) and it wouldn't affect his chances. At this point he's either in or isn't. The most it could do is if he isn't in, could put DLC priority to him to promote the game. but realistically, it's very unlikely.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The game could star Bandanna Dee (actually, this needs to happen) and it wouldn't affect his chances. At this point he's either in or isn't. The most it could do is if he isn't in, could put DLC priority to him to promote the game. but realistically, it's very unlikely.
Depends on when the production started. Sakurai could have had the knowledge a new Kirby game with BD was being made, so he may have been like "Why not."
But still, depends. And I doubt a new one would be revealed so soon.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, if it means anything, Bandana Dee is pretty much the only Waddle Dee who shows up in the final area of Triple Deluxe. Seems like he's committed to help Kirby!

It's a shame they don't elaborate on character relationships much in the Kirby games. Bandana Dee might just be the Waddle Dee from 64; he could be grateful Kirby saved him from Dark Matter.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well, if it means anything, Bandana Dee is pretty much the only Waddle Dee who shows up in the final area of Triple Deluxe. Seems like he's committed to help Kirby!

It's a shame they don't elaborate on character relationships much in the Kirby games. Bandana Dee might just be the Waddle Dee from 64; he could be grateful Kirby saved him from Dark Matter.
I would think if they made a Kirby 64 remake he would replace the waddle dee in that game.

Neo Zero

its not so much he's trying to help Kirby as he's trying to save Dedede. Bandanna Dee is his most faithful follower, right hand man and friend. Not to say he isn't friends with Kirby, but he was most concerned with saving his King. That being said, as long as it wasn't going against King Dedede, I imagine Bandanna Dee would be willing to fight for both Kirby and Meta Knight as well

He's already the Waddle Dee from 64 to me lol.

Neo Zero

Something that contradicts that statement, @ Neo Zero Neo Zero , is that the Waddle Dee from 64 kinda just went along with Kirby anyway despite the fact that King obviously didn't want to.
I don't see how. King Dedede was safe, and Kirby saved Waddle Dee, he wanted to repay him, and he wanted his friend Dedede to help too, especially considering Popstar itself was in peril. It'd contradict if Dedede ordered him to stay behind or if Dedede was in any immediate danger, but the danger was far off so Waddle Dee went to fight it head on.

LF2K

Floor Diver
There was that one cutscene in Kirby 64 after saving Dedede where everyone but Waddle Dee took off. Dedede didn't want to help, but ultimately, Waddle Dee helped change his mind. Speaking of which, I guess King Dedede's softened up over the years, cause he was willing to help in Return to Dreamland.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and Triple Deluxe has a pretty sweet remix of Ripple Star to boot.
I was incredibly happy when I heard this! I loved this track in Kirby 64! Just hearing it in Kirby Triple Deluxe made me have some fond memories of Kirby 64.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Bandanna Waddle Dee would pretty much be my favorite character in SSB4 whether I'm good with him or not. I do support but I feel he's gonna be a character you won't see until the game comes out.

LF2K

Floor Diver
If or when he gets confirmed, I can not wait to see Miiverse's reactions. :chuckle:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sad thing is unlike Shrek Spongebob MLP characters etc. half of the Goku requests are serious.
.............Why........why...............Arceus, why..........................................................................................................................................

On a more serious note: I will state that while two of those "joke series/characters" as they may be, might be fine in my book, and I may even like them, there is no way in a living **** that I will ever tolerate the stupid yellow block of cheese that needs to rot already. say what one will about MLP, but the sponge must die. it must die a very, very, very horrible death. no stereotyping please.

I just can't believe some people actually think an anime character could be in Smash. Seriously, if they want DBZ in Smash, they can just go play SSF2 or Super Smash Bros Crusade. (I prefer SSF2 cuz it's actually Smash-like unlike Crusade)

Somebody, make the bloodiest and goriest death you can for the stupid cheese block that has outlived it's purpose. It must die. and yes I'm not using gender pronouns for a very good reason.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
.............Why........why...............Arceus, why..........................................................................................................................................

On a more serious note: I will state that while two of those "joke series/characters" as they may be, might be fine in my book, and I may even like them, there is no way in a living **** that I will ever tolerate the stupid yellow block of cheese that needs to rot already. say what one will about MLP, but the sponge must die. it must die a very, very, very horrible death. no stereotyping please.

I just can't believe some people actually think an anime character could be in Smash. Seriously, if they want DBZ in Smash, they can just go play SSF2 or Super Smash Bros Crusade. (I prefer SSF2 cuz it's actually Smash-like unlike Crusade)

Somebody, make the bloodiest and goriest death you can for the stupid cheese block that has outlived it's purpose. It must die. and yes I'm not using gender pronouns for a very good reason.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Crusade is just a combination of the best from all Smash games. It's really improved - what was the last demo you played of it?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Depending on the character, a MLP character could be awesome/hilarious. Though, the drama that would ensue would be phenomenal. Sure it's popular, but MLP doesn't really have anything to do with video games. May as well be trying to get Doctor Who in the game.
Well, you'll just have to download mods for your game if you want these types of characters.

As for Bandana Dee being shown at E3. Doesn't Sakurai still know at least some future things for Kirby? Besides Bandana Dee being shown in another game doesn't increase his chances anymore because he's practicly up there with Meta Knight and King Dedede now so it's very likely he's going to stay with the Kirby Series forever now.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Is it wrong that I would personally prefer Magalor and/or Daroach as fighters and Bandana Dee as an assist?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Is it wrong that I would personally prefer Magalor and/or Daroach as fighters and Bandana Dee as an assist?
Nah, they aren't that important and appeared in less games.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Hello, I just want to say that it would be awesome if Waddle Dee (with or without Bandana) would be playable, simply because it is the most favourite character of my sister in
Kirby 64: Crystal Shards :bee:

Top Bottom