• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
You're the the Bandana Dee for Smash thread
So I must support him, even when the thread supplied a "NO" option? Who made you boss?
I love Bandana Dee as a Kirby character, quite honestly i was pleased to see the Dee himself appear in RTD. But I just don't see him as the fourth rep when there are many other choices that are unappreciated and unique. And cool. And villains. And girls.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
So I must support him, even when the thread supplied a "NO" option? Who made you boss?
I love Bandana Dee as a Kirby character, quite honestly i was pleased to see the Dee himself appear in RTD. But I just don't see him as the fourth rep when there are many other choices that are unappreciated and unique. And cool. And villains. And girls.
Yeah but out if the other Kirby characters, BDee has the most star power. Plus we already have our "villain" so there really is no need for any other characters like Daroach and Magalor.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Unlike 99% of the others, BD is not a one off character, and he's pretty much fourth main character now. It's like cutting Luigi in favor of King Boo or Daisy.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
How, you guys are very feisty and passionate for this character, I can respect that.
  1. BTW Magalor and Daroach were not one off villains so you should look up this before replying
  2. Bandana Dee WAS a one off character until HAL ran out of ideas for a fourth character or just forgot of all the IMO better choices and put him in RtD making him relevant again and his only playable appearance since he returned to a background character in TD.
  3. Star Power honestly should not even be a reason for a newcomer considering all of the chosen newcomers. I did the math. Bandana Dee ain't no Luigi nor is he even close to being one yet so not the best example, and like Waluigi or Daisy or Toad or even Bowser Jr which were all expected and very popular choices he could be absent for a more unexpected and unique choice of a character a la Rosalina or WFT or Greninja etc. Just my Two Cents
At the end of the day, it is really just my personal opinions and wishes which surprise will not effect the game, some of you people should be the last to talk about important and recurring characters judging from your wish list rosters. Bye.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How, you guys are very feisty and passionate for this character, I can respect that.
  1. BTW Magalor and Daroach were not one off villains so you should look up this before replying
  2. Bandana Dee WAS a one off character until HAL ran out of ideas for a fourth character or just forgot of all the IMO better choices and put him in RtD making him relevant again and his only playable appearance since he returned to a background character in TD.
  3. Star Power honestly should not even be a reason for a newcomer considering all of the chosen newcomers. I did the math. Bandana Dee ain't no Luigi nor is he even close to being one yet so not the best example, and like Waluigi or Daisy or Toad or even Bowser Jr which were all expected and very popular choices he could be absent for a more unexpected and unique choice of a character a la Rosalina or WFT or Greninja etc. Just my Two Cents
At the end of the day, it is really just my personal opinions and wishes which surprise will not effect the game, some of you people should be the last to talk about important and recurring characters judging from your wish list rosters. Bye.
  1. Its Magolor, not Magalor. He has only appeared in K:RTDL as the final boss and as a Cameo balloon in Triple Deluxe. So really he has only been in one game. However you are correct about Daroach, he was also in Mass Attack as well as Squeak Squad. However Bandanna Dee has appeared in more games.
  2. Probably, but now he is not. So I don't see how your point is valid. He has appeared in Super Star, Super Star Ultra, Return To Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, and a Small Cameo on Mass Atack. Also Triple Deluxe doesn't even have Meta Knight as playable, so would he say he won't come back to smash now?
  3. Mario only got Rosalina because they have so many characters already. She also brought a very unique playstyle that Toad couldn't have brought. Kirby is Sakurai's baby, so I would expect Kirby to get a newcomer. And the only slot that makes sense is Bandanna Dee.
Just my counter arguments.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Something I happened to notice is a sort of pun or gag in Triple Deluxe's name. Kirby Super Star is called "Super Deluxe" in Japan, so they continued the trend and made a 3D pun.

Speaking of TD, I just beat the story. Now I just to hunt down those freakin' keychains. I haven't even gotten Bandana's yet.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
It's like cutting Luigi in favor of King Boo or Daisy.
If I were to compare cutting Luigi for King Boo or Daisy to the Kirby series, I'd consider it more like cutting Dedede for Marx or Adeline.
Adding Magolor or Daroach over Bandana Dee would be more along the lines of adding Rosalina or Bowser Jr or Nabbit over Toad.

Bandana Dee is the more likely Kirby character (which is in itself unlikely)
But he wasn't even talking about likelihood. He asked about wanting a character.

So I found this thread's reactions to his post pretty odd.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
But he wasn't even talking about likelihood. He asked about wanting a character.

So I found this thread's reactions to his post pretty odd.
Lets just say too many people care too much about little things around here
Everything has to be exactly right or perfect or else someone's head blows off, kind of a bad trait for a good amount of an fan base/support group

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Its why I said people should just ignore something they don't wanna hear and for the people who have an opinion of "X should be in over Bandanna Dee" to take said opinion over to the hypothetical X thread and show support for them there. But of course we gotta argue, this isn't the place for a debate guys, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but keep your opinion in the right place in the right direction.

Just think, what would our lord and savior Bandanna Dee do?

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Its why I said people should just ignore something they don't wanna hear and for the people who have an opinion of "X should be in over Bandanna Dee" to take said opinion over to the hypothetical X thread and show support for them there. But of course we gotta argue, this isn't the place for a debate guys, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but keep your opinion in the right place in the right direction.

Just think, what would our lord and savior Bandanna Dee do?
What place? There is no other thread for any of the under appreciated characters. If this is a support thread only, don't add a no option since it will attract others that disagree. But this is really just a wish, not a likehood argument. I know those characters have almost no chance of making it, but that is why I want them. I just gave my reason for not wanting him. Not saying that he has no chance cause he certainly does. I appreciate your respect of others, but we shouldn't cast away anyone that disagrees with the majority just for the sake of damage control.

I think ignoring them is probably the best solution, if you are going to reply try to understand the meaning of the post.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Wasn't acting like an "outrighteous" fanboy but when you come into a thread whose main purpose is to talk about Bandana Dee for Smash then asking people why they need to explain themselves does kind of come off as a raise of the eyebrow moment. Yes, we do talk about how he can also be deemed unworthy and open to the discussion of the character so the no option does need to be included. I understand your views and respect them, as I'm sure you do for others so no hard feelings.

I just think the majority in here will all willingly agree that they want the Dee is all.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Wasn't acting like an "outrighteous" fanboy but when you come into a thread whose main purpose is to talk about Bandana Dee for Smash then asking people why they need to explain themselves does kind of come off as a raise of the eyebrow moment. Yes, we do talk about how he can also be deemed unworthy and open to the discussion of the character so the no option does need to be included. I understand your views and respect them, as I'm sure you do for others so no hard feelings.

I just think the majority in here will all willingly agree that they want the Dee is all.
This thread is about disscussing BD. If nobody said they didn't want the Dee it would become boring. Opinions are fine.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
This thread is about disscussing BD. If nobody said they didn't want the Dee it would become boring. Opinions are fine.
My post was directed towards Hugo, just acknowledging his post towards mine. Just didn't quote it since the iphone has its moments trying to do so.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
People should relax and try to enjoy the characters, thats what the game is about anyways.

Sakurai is a genius and will indeed find the way to fix this mess of a character (yes, there is hope), but you really can't blame people who expect something more inspired and less generic than BDee, i mean is not their fault to have good taste in characters :cool:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
What place? There is no other thread for any of the under appreciated characters. If this is a support thread only, don't add a no option since it will attract others that disagree. But this is really just a wish, not a likehood argument. I know those characters have almost no chance of making it, but that is why I want them. I just gave my reason for not wanting him. Not saying that he has no chance cause he certainly does. I appreciate your respect of others, but we shouldn't cast away anyone that disagrees with the majority just for the sake of damage control.

I think ignoring them is probably the best solution, if you are going to reply try to understand the meaning of the post.
Nothing is stopping you from creating one to rally others who agree with you on who you wish to see. If you do not like Bandanna Dee however than I ask why are you even in this thread? I respect your opinion and there is certainly nothing wrong with it, but it seems odd that you came here to state it, knowing most likely that it would cause a backlash from others who are more sensitive on the subject, which is a shame. Of course I have always wondered why our host with the most made a poll in the first place lol.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK guys, you don't need to fight :c

People should relax and try to enjoy the characters, thats what the game is about anyways.

Sakurai is a genius and will indeed find the way to fix this mess of a character (yes, there is hope), but you really can't blame people who expect something more inspired and less generic than BDee, i mean is not their fault to have good taste in characters :cool:
Entonces ve a apoyar al Chef Kawasaki :awesome: XD

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This thread is what makes me sad Kirby Fighters is just copy abilities and not characters. And if they released DLC for that game with Dedede, Meta Knight, Taranza, Bandana Dee, Lolo, Bonkers, Prince Fluff, and many more as playable characters I would tell Nintendo to shut up and take my money.

But after return to dreamland, it does make it likely if Kirby gets a 4th rep that it would go to Bandana Dee.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Not much longer until E3. Hopefully we'll get some exciting news, and maybe even a certain character confirmed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If I may ask a somewhat odd question, what is it about Bandana Dee that makes people love him so much? I'm afraid I've just never really understood why he was so beloved, or why he's the most desired newcomer for a number of people. So what is it? Is it because he's cute? Is it the bandana? Is it the spear? Is it his personality? Have Waddle Dees just always been really popular and we now have an identifiable individual from the species for once?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If I may ask a somewhat odd question, what is it about Bandana Dee that makes people love him so much? I'm afraid I've just never really understood why he was so beloved, or why he's the most desired newcomer for a number of people. So what is it? Is it because he's cute? Is it the bandana? Is it the spear? Is it his personality? Have Waddle Dees just always been really popular and we now have an identifiable individual from the species for once?
I think it's just the adorableness that makes people love Dee.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I think it's because of the unique charm that both him and Kirby share. They both look like cute innocent creatures, but shouldn't be messed around with. Not to mention that Waddle Dees are a staple of the series and have been there since the first game. He also has that goofy and clumsy personality that everybody seems to love. There really isn't many major or recurring character in the Kirby Series except for the Kirby, MK, D3, and Bandana dee who recently became alongside the big 3 as one of the main characters. And he is so adorable! :)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well, it's the fact that he is a waddle dee, who are the most recognizable enemy in Kirby. However now that they have a representative, who uses a spear which would have a unique moveset. Also I would like to have a light kirby character that doesn't have multiple jumps. I also like the design of waddle dee and his interactions with Kirby, they are friends even though Dedede kinda hates Kirby.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The fact that Bandana Dee is a member of a class of enemies is a huge factor with his inclusion. If Bandana Dee is playable, he would be the first character to represent the grunts of the video game enemies. How many Goombas (minus the RPG's), Motobugs, or Mets do you know of that have become recurring characters in their franchises?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The fact that Bandana Dee is a member of a class of enemies is a huge factor with his inclusion. If Bandana Dee is playable, he would be the first character to represent the grunts of the video game enemies. How many Goombas (minus the RPG's), Motobugs, or Mets do you know of that have become recurring characters in their franchises?
I think that the percentage for Bandana Waddle Dee to make it in the game is around 40%. Which in my opinion is a really good chance compared to other characters. The biggest thing supporting this is the fact that King Dedede doesn't throw Waddle Dees anymore, coincidence?

I agree with everything you said though, and I think Bandana Waddle Dee would make a great addition to Smash.

D

Deleted member

1. I absolutely love his uniqueness. I love the Spear ability in the Kirby series as it's a blast to use and I think that it would translate well in the Smash universe. He already has some things set in stone already (a continuous attack that ends with a final hit, an obvious recovery, a spear throwing neutral special), so making him a fighter wouldn't be difficult.
2. I enjoy the character. He has this distinct charm to him like every single Kirby character. He's a very clumsy character, but he is also very loyal to Kirby and friends. Such traits make me adore the character for defending King Dedede in KSSU, helping Kirby and friends in KRtDL (he even kills his own kind!), and helping Kirby on his journey by giving him helpful health items.
3. He's adorable. Nuff said.
4. The Kirby series is one of my favorite series of all-time. They're not challenging, but that's what makes me enjoy them. This easiness makes me be able to relax from school and such. Since I already love the characters within the series, I wouldn't mind a fourth rep. Bandana Dee would make for a perfect fourth Kirby character.

That is why I support him really. I'm sure others have similar views.
He's my third most wanted character behind Shulk and Little Mac. I would be incredibly happy if he made it in.

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Guess I'll weigh in why I want him.

I think the spear is his most unique thing. Smash has swordfighters, but no characters that wield a spear. That alone is right up his alley. Plus, the Kirby series is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and having a 4th character would be perfect. Bandana Dee IS the fourth Kirby character! And he's an underdog among desired characters. :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
1. I absolutely love his uniqueness. I love the Spear ability in the Kirby series as it's a blast to use and I think that it would translate well in the Smash universe. He already has some things set in stone already (a continuous attack that ends with a final hit, an obvious recovery, a spear throwing neutral special), so making him a fighter wouldn't be difficult.
2. I enjoy the character. He has this distinct charm to him like every single Kirby character. He's a very clumsy character, but he is also very loyal to Kirby and friends. Such traits make me adore the character for defending King Dedede in KSSU, helping Kirby and friends in KRtDL (he even kills his own kind!), and helping Kirby on his journey by giving him helpful health items.
3. He's adorable. Nuff said.
4. The Kirby series is one of my favorite series of all-time. They're not challenging, but that's what makes me enjoy them. This easiness makes me be able to relax from school and such. Since I already love the characters within the series, I wouldn't mind a fourth rep. Bandana Dee would make for a perfect fourth Kirby character.

That is why I support him really. I'm sure others have similar views.
He's my third most wanted character behind Shulk and Little Mac. I would be incredibly happy if he made it in.
I can respect that. I suppose I'm just rather perplexed as to why he's so desired as a Smash character, with quite a number of people I've seen saying that he's their most wanted newcomer. There also seems to be one or two individuals out there who devote themselves to the character. I guess the qualities that people enjoy in Bandana Dee just don't appeal that much to me. Maybe it's because, well, I don't think he's that cute...

Maikou

Smash Ace
If I'm honest, I at first, didn't really care for Bandana much either. But, after a while, (surprisingly no needed words from anyone else) I kinda just took a liking to the character. cute, a spear wielder, a bandana, many more traits. plus he's playable.
Am I the only one who find any actual challenge in Kirby games? I mean, this'll be odd to admit but, isn't it hard to get through an entire level, or maybe even world or short tidbit just trying to avoid getting hit an losing the awesome power you may-or-may-not have had to work very hard for? or trying to avoid puffing up unless it's neccesary? or doing a Fighter/Sword/Ninja/etc. only run? or even just trying to rush through?

But then again I'm the INSANE guy from Fanfiction who performs the OUTRAGEOUS act of STICKING TO *bleep*ING CANON, so obviously I don't know anything. of course I also despise the ever-so-*bleep*ing-popular happening of turning non-humans into humans for absolutely NO good reason whatsoever.......Sonic Fanbase, THE CHARACTERS ARE HUMANLIKE ENOUGH, WHY MUST YOU RUIN THEIR UNUQENESS?!

*coughs* Sorry there, my rage on the bullcrap "fan" art and fanfics I've been seeing all over the internet seems to be seeping out more and more as time passes.

Top Bottom