• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sailor Dee could really just be an alt costume for Bandana Dee at this point. Maybe they have different pitches or something. XD
And you won't like Toad's voice after you've seen "Super Toad 67".
If the newcomers are getting an alt, I would think Sailor Dee would be a really neat Alt.

I might get some negative feedback, but I hope Bandana Dee gets in. However I'm not sure if he will. It all depends whether or not Sakurai wants another character represeting Kirby. If he does it will most likely be Bandana Dee, but if he decides not to we won't get anything probably.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If the newcomers are getting an alt, I would think Sailor Dee would be a really neat Alt.

I might get some negative feedback, but I hope Bandana Dee gets in. However I'm not sure if he will. It all depends whether or not Sakurai wants another character represeting Kirby. If he does it will most likely be Bandana Dee, but if he decides not to we won't get anything probably.
Why would this get negative feedback? You're right, BD is the most likely Kirby rep, but the issue becomes does Kirby get a 4th rep (I, as well as I'm sure every supporter and even the naysayers probably would agree that Kirby deserves 4 reps, BD or not).

They could always do a Bandanna and Sailor tag team, they appear together in that one Mass Attack mini game after all. Course, an alt for Bandanna would be much better (or maybe he could help in some of his special attacks even)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My concern is whether Bandana Dee will garner enough attention to become a mainstay in future installments. You already have all 3 epoch Kirby characters and Waddle Dee is a bonus, really.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh man, a post you didn't like in this thread? Remind me to never screw up my Waddle Dee terminology around you~
I like every comment in this thread because they are related to Bandana Dee and the Kirby franchise in general, also because I'm proud of this thread, just look at it, it is huge XD and the likes are a way to say "thanks for posting here and supporting Bandana Dee :D" but, well...I don't like all the comments, for example, I don't like the comments of people who only come here to write bad things about Bandana Dee, for those comments I will need a "you're next" option.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
My concern is whether Bandana Dee will garner enough attention to become a mainstay in future installments. You already have all 3 epoch Kirby characters and Waddle Dee is a bonus, really.
I'm 100% sure he will be in all the future Kirby games and I personally don't think he is a bonus, he is just like Rosalina:
A "minor character" who is now one of the most important characters of their respective franchises thanks to their popularity.

Double post... sorry.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I like every comment in this thread because they are related to Bandana Dee and the Kirby franchise in general, also because I'm proud of this thread, just look at it, it is huge XD and the likes are a way to say "thanks for posting here and supporting Bandana Dee :D" but, well...I don't like all the comments, for example, I don't like the comments of people who only come here to write bad things about Bandana Dee, for that comments I will need a "you're next" option.
I'm surprised that this got this high. It is nearing 3,000 replies. That's actually more than Mii and Shulk which I see on everyone's lists.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I really can't wait to see what they do with Bandana Dee's voice. Hopefully I will like it as much as I liked Meta Knight's in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Wait, I just realized that Bandana Dee has more replies than Shulk. I guess it goes to show how loved this character is and how passionate his fans are.

I really can't wait to see what they do with Bandana Dee's voice. Hopefully I will like it as much as I liked Meta Knight's in Brawl.
I don't think that Bandana Dee will get a voice, especially when he doesn't have one in the games.

Neo Zero

Wait, I just realized that Bandana Dee has more replies than Shulk. I guess it goes to show how loved this character is and how passionate his fans are.

I don't think that Bandana Dee will get a voice, especially when he doesn't have one in the games.
He'll talk like any true Kirby character should. Sign language

Though give Dedede his Southren Anime voice...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

I would even consiter Bowser's smash sounds a voice. I think he will get like a mix of Kirby, King Dedede, and Yoshi's voice tho.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I added GameGuy09's moveset to the OP and I will add this music now :B
Hey, you should probably add to the Toad Section that King Dedede no longer throws Waddle Dees, which increases the chance of Bandana Dee being in the game a lot, unlike toad who is still used as part of a move.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, you should probably add to the Toad Section that King Dedede no longer throws Waddle Dees, which increases the chance of Bandana Dee being in the game a lot, unlike toad who is still used as part of a move.

Well, that's neutral because Waddle Dees and Parasol Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run now, so...I don't think that affects Bandana Dee's chances :B

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
None of it does.
Waddle Dees are Smash Run enemies, and Gordo is the new throwing move.
It sorta.. cancels out, you know?

Neo Zero

Gordo's are so souless. About to maim Samus and he's just like "Wonder if I turned off the Oven..."

Btw heir host, you should probably spoiler tag some of those vids. Those Triple Deluxe spoilers.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
None of it does.
Waddle Dees are Smash Run enemies, and Gordo is the new throwing move.
It sorta.. cancels out, you know?
Yeah, I guess your right. However you aren't supposed to be near eachother in Smash Run, which would cause confusion if you saw Bandana Dee. However in a normal fight with King Dedede, it would be confusing if you saw a Bandana Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Gordo's are so souless. About to maim Samus and he's just like "Wonder if I turned off the Oven..."
Hey, it's the striking face of emotion. Gordos are such great actors.
Best portrayal in Smash. :awesome:
He's likely contemplating the meaning of life during that expression.

Yeah, I guess your right. However you aren't supposed to be near eachother in Smash Run, which would cause confusion if you saw Bandana Dee. However in a normal fight with King Dedede, it would be confusing if you saw a Bandana Waddle Dee.
Problem with BWD is there's only one of the guy.
Him being a Smash Run enemy is nonexistant and therefore has no impact on his chances overall.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Him being a Smash Run enemy is nonexistant and therefore has no impact on his chances overall.
What I was saying was that having a Bandana Dee in a Bandana Dee fighting a Bandana Dee wouldn't be confusing. However Bandana Dee fighting a bunch of Waddle Dees while a lot of players are around would be. So King Dedede only throwing Gordos is interested to say the least.

Neo Zero

It pays to be the only Waddle Dee who can sew his own clothes

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
What I was saying was that having a Bandana Dee in a Bandana Dee fighting a Bandana Dee wouldn't be confusing. However Bandana Dee fighting a bunch of Waddle Dees while a lot of players are around would be. So King Dedede only throwing Gordos is interested to say the least.
Remember that customization is a factor.
Though I doubt that a generic enemy throw would throw a specific enemy...
Again, the Gordos just could mean that custom moves for it will throw only one type of enemy.
Therefore, that has little effect on his chances either.
There's no specific Gordo, therefore it'd be strange to have one specific exception with BWD. At this rate he won't show up there as a move right now.
It pays to be the only Waddle Dee who can sew his own clothes
His taste in fashion is so exquisite, so refined...
majestic, to sum it up. :cool:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Remember that customization is a factor.
Though I doubt that a generic enemy throw would throw a specific enemy...
Again, the Gordos just could mean that custom moves for it will throw only one type of enemy.
Therefore, that has little effect on his chances either.
There's no specific Gordo, therefore it'd be strange to have one specific exception with BWD. At this rate he won't show up there as a move right now.

His taste in fashion is so exquisite, so refined...
majestic, to sum it up. :cool:

It's ok Steve, he didn't mean to hurt you.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think you guys are looking at the whole "Gordo Throw" and "Smash Run" things the wrong way.

There is no balance of hurt and heal.

Being Smash Run enemies doesn't affect his chances because we have evidence in both Kirby and Smash Bros. that a playable character can coexist with the enemy.

In Kirby, Bandana Dee has been shown to attack his own kind.

In Smash bros, R.O.B is a playable character despite the multiple different types of enemy R.O.B.s

For the "Gordo Throw..." It doesn't really help his chances at all, rather, it is just nice to know that it is almost impossible for Bandana Dee to be Toad 2.0. (Unless he is somehow a part of King Dedede's Final Smash).

Morbi

Scavenger
I think you guys are looking at the whole "Gordo Throw" and "Smash Run" things the wrong way.

There is no balance of hurt and heal.

Being Smash Run enemies doesn't affect his chances because we have evidence in both Kirby and Smash Bros. that a playable character can coexist with the enemy.

In Kirby, Bandana Dee has been shown to attack his own kind.

In Smash bros, R.O.B is a playable character despite the multiple different types of enemy R.O.B.s

For the "Gordo Throw..." It doesn't really help his chances at all, rather, it is just nice to know that it is almost impossible for Bandana Dee to be Toad 2.0. (Unless he is somehow a part of King Dedede's Final Smash).
Gordo throw doesn't mean much because you can still probably throw Waddle Dee via move-set customization as well.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Gordo throw doesn't mean much because you can still probably throw Waddle Dee via move-set customization as well.
With that said, we don't know the full extent of this customization. Sure, we have an interesting change in Kirby getting ice breath, but we have to ask the question, what would be the point of allowing you to use Waddle Dees? Especially if you consider that any traits that you give Waddle Dees you could just give to Gordos?

I mean, I guess they can walk...but would that really give you an advantage? The customizations seem to offer pros and cons depending on how you use it...all I'm seeing is a con on that.

And even with that said, I don't believe Sakurai would put that much time into giving you an option to throw Bandana Dee specifically. He could, but I don't think it would make that much sense. :/

Morbi

Scavenger
With that said, we don't know the full extent of this customization. Sure, we have an interesting change in Kirby getting ice breath, but we have to ask the question, what would be the point of allowing you to use Waddle Dees? Especially if you consider that any traits that you give Waddle Dees you could just give to Gordos?

I mean, I guess they can walk...but would that really give you an advantage? The customizations seem to offer pros and cons depending on how you use it...all I'm seeing is a con on that.

And even with that said, I don't believe Sakurai would put that much time into giving you an option to throw Bandana Dee specifically. He could, but I don't think it would make that much sense. :/
What? No. You can't make a Gordo function like a Waddle Dee. Waddle Dee is better for zoning and stage-control. Gordo looks better for spacing. Their utility is completely different, which is why you could actually get Doos and Gordos in Brawl. If they were the same, there would have been no purpose in adding them.

Neo Zero

What? No. You can't make a Gordo function like a Waddle Dee. Waddle Dee is better for zoning and stage-control. Gordo looks better for spacing. Their utility is completely different, which is why you could actually get Doos and Gordos in Brawl. If they were the same, there would have been no purpose in adding them.
But we don't know if that's how Sakurai would edit them. Look at Mario, 3 Fireball variations that are Fireballs. Something tells me the projectile itself won't change, just its properties, I highly doubt we'll see Dedede throw anything but Gordo's. If I had to guess

Standard
Large
Floats Slowly Up and Down after being thrown out
Bounce Along the ground.

Morbi

Scavenger
But we don't know if that's how Sakurai would edit them. Look at Mario, 3 Fireball variations that are Fireballs. Something tells me the projectile itself won't change, just its properties, I highly doubt we'll see Dedede throw anything but Gordo's. If I had to guess

Standard
Large
Floats Slowly Up and Down after being thrown out
Bounce Along the ground.
Sure, maybe. I don't see it happening, but it is a possibility.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think we can all agree that Waddle Dee has a chance of being used as a projectile again...

However, I doubt they would ever go as far as to include Bandana Dee as a selectable one. Thats my main point.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm always extremely optimistic, but E3 is coming and Sakurai is disconfirming a lot of characters...
I'm a little worried u.u , I just hope Bandana Dee is not an AT or a part of Dedede's Final Smash.
Do you remember Dedede's reveal (extreme week XD)? Well, I'm ready for more extreme days, until E3.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to say, I really admire how dedicated and passionate you all are about Bandana Dee. I'm a HUGE Kirby fan, have been since I was a kid, and I would love for Kirby to get a fourth character in the new Smash. Bandana Dee is a cool character, and I like how he seems to be being built up as the fourth main Kirby character. I support Bandana Dee and would love to see him playable, just seems...right, I don't know. It would be awesome to have an all Kirby character battle as well. This is unrelated, but I thought that Magolor or Kracko should have been the new Kirby assist trophy, but we still have Knuckle Joe... I'm kind of disappointed about that.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind Bandana Dee getting in. But I sure am not for it, I think there are better uses of character slots than using it on Bandana Dee.
In a game where we got Wii Fit Trainer and are probably getting Chorus Men, you think Bandana Dee is not worthy of a character slot...? (No offense to people who like those characters).

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Correct, I don't think he's worthy. Sure, he's made appearances in several Kirby games and was playable in Return to Dreamland. Sure, he's small and floaty and wields a spear. But he's we already have 3 Kirby reps. To me he'd be a waste of slot. I don't see a ton of things that would make him stand out from the crowd, besides him using a spear and spinning it to fly.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Correct, I don't think he's worthy. Sure, he's made appearances in several Kirby games and was playable in Return to Dreamland. Sure, he's small and floaty and wields a spear. But he's we already have 3 Kirby reps. To me he'd be a waste of slot. I don't see a ton of things that would make him stand out from the crowd, besides him using a spear and spinning it to fly.
Well, I know is your opinion, but I'm pretty sure slots doesn't exist, if Sakurai wants to add a character he will add it, also Kirby is one of the most popular and succesful Nintendo franchises, I personally think it deserves 4 characters, specially if that character is unique and popular like Bandana Dee.
And finally, about the "he doesn't stand out because he has a spear", well, Little Mac only punches, and that sounds pretty boring and generic, but Sakurai made him very interesting and I'm pretty sure he can do that with Bandana Dee too (also...Bandana Dee can technically do everything other Waddle Dees do plus the Megaton Punch).
I don't think that BD will be reduced to just a trophy, he is just to likely to playable IMO
Yeah, he obviously will not be just a trophy/sticker (if they return), I personally think he is:
A. Playable
B. AT
C. Dedede's Final Smash
D. Stage Hazard (extremely unlikely)

Last edited:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Lol, I said "besides him using a spear" not "because he has a spear." That would actually make him slightly unique

I guess, taking into account that Dedede's Jet Hammer was eventually retcanoned, as well as Master Hand making a cameo appearance in a Kirby game, and that Sakurai is using the Ultra Sword as Kirby's Final Smash which is from a game he personally was not involved in, I guess that, since he is Sakurai, he could definitely make him into something that played well if he tried. Honestly though I just don't see him as a very plausible fighter, seeing all the other potential fighters out there.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Lol, I said "besides him using a spear" not "because he has a spear."

I guess, taking into account that Dedede's Jet Hammer was eventually retcanoned, as well as Master Hand making a cameo appearance in a Kirby game, and that Sakurai is using the Ultra Sword as Kirby's Final Smash which is from a game he personally was not involved in, I guess that, since he is Sakurai, he could definitely make him into something that played well if he tried. Honestly though I just don't see him as a very plausible fighter.
Well, did you check the suggested movesets? Including the one made by me. Bandana Dee could be made into a unique fighter.

However it all depends on whether or not Sakurai wants to add a 4th character from the Kirby games.

Neo Zero

Lol, I said "besides him using a spear" not "because he has a spear." That would actually make him slightly unique

I guess, taking into account that Dedede's Jet Hammer was eventually retcanoned, as well as Master Hand making a cameo appearance in a Kirby game, and that Sakurai is using the Ultra Sword as Kirby's Final Smash which is from a game he personally was not involved in, I guess that, since he is Sakurai, he could definitely make him into something that played well if he tried. Honestly though I just don't see him as a very plausible fighter, seeing all the other potential fighters out there.
Because the trained Spear Man who's from a race that wields bombs and parasols would have a terrible moveset, yet the NES accessory and the yoga teacher make great fighters!

Yes overly sarcastic, but you get my point

Top Bottom