• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm still not sure if Peach is on the same day as Super Mario Bros. 29th anniversary because of the time zone thing. We'll still need to look more into that one...

The 4th one is Zero Suit Samus, for European's Metroid: Zero Mission 10th anniversary (anniversary for Japan version is one month later).

Right, Sakurai did not mention anything about anniversaries (save Lucario), but if it wasn't for them then character reveals would've be on 100% random date then...
Actually, Peach was a day after. For the ZSS thing though, I'd have to say no. The ZSS was literally a coincidence; she was revealed to show off sakurai's troll side how transformations are completely seperate and some of her new moves IMHO.
I think that SOME could be counted (lucario, little mac), but the others are just coincidences since they weren't on the exact anniversary or weren't revealed for it (zss, MAYBE peach, etc.)

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Guys, if you want to discuss character reveals on anniversaries, please do it somewhere else. We're getting too off topic.

So, any ideas on what Bandana Dee would say on the Character Select scene?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Oh, that makes me wonder.....Are we going to get the old N64 style Character Selected animations when we choose our characters in this new game? Honestly Melee and Brawl were a little boring from not having those.

And I seriously hope Sakurai brings back Character Intros from 64 and Brawl, cuz Melee's little trophy beam-in thing was just lame........

anyway, to get on topic I don't think Bandana Dee will make any vocal sounds in Smash. I mean he might have a voice, but I kinda doubt it.
If our Bandana-Clad Spear wielder DOES get a voice I'll hope it sounds "cutesy" if only to match the cuteness of the Dees in general.

Humanity Faith Points: 4.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Haven't been here in a while.

What the flying **** happened in this thread whilst I was gone? Toad dissing and Wario talk? Alrighty.

Anyway...

So, any ideas on what Bandana Dee would say on the Character Select scene?
Maybe just the noises from his rapidly stabbing the air? That's kinda the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Waddle doesn't look appealing to play as at all haha. Maybe he could borrow moves from other enemies like the beam whip. But I would still rather have another staff-using blue fox (sorry kill me). She at least can do things with her staff other than swing it and twirl it.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
@ verysleepywolf verysleepywolf : you seriously know nothing if you think Bandana Dee cannot use his spear for more than just wild swings and flashy twirls.
His name is Bandana, not Waddle, Bandana.

.......I'll leave the others to deal with you.
Humanity faith points: 3 of 1000.
You're right I must know nothing, send your cronies to educate me you have more important things to do like look up synonyms for swing, stab and twirl. (I am truthfully open to persuasion but giving him an umbrella doesn't solve much.)

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
You're right I must know nothing, send your cronies to educate me you have more important things to do like look up synonyms for swing, stab and twirl. (I am truthfully open to persuasion but giving him an umbrella doesn't solve much.)
2 words
Spear-copter

Haven't been here in a while.

What the flying **** happened in this thread whilst I was gone? Toad dissing and Wario talk? Alrighty.

Anyway...

Maybe just the noises from his rapidly stabbing the air? That's kinda the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head.
Being a Toad fan, there isn't really much dissing, as much as there is comparing.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
just ignore him.
maikou has been known to be. . . head strong. (for lack of a better word) don't give him much thought
though I will say comparing bandana dee to krystal is a bit of an odd comparison seeing how they have to different weapons and different moveset pools/potential, krystal has a stick/staff while bandana has a spear, kind of obvious and/or completely similar I know but they are still different weapons.
along with that bandana has some other moves to work with than the spear moveset given to him in RTDL, and for one thing:

the spear-copter is awesome

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
@ ClubbyBear ClubbyBear I think the spear copter is a move easily recreated by most any character with a melee weapon and far from original. Really if Boomstick Dee was going to have an original and attractive moveset the only thing I can see them doing is giving him more moves that other enemies have in Dreamland, which is kinda Kirby's thing. I am not going to argue his possibility of being included seriously Sakurai could turn him into a little rambo with machine guns if he felt like it. But this character just really isn't appealing at all to me. I'm not gonna muck up the thread further...

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Waddle doesn't look appealing to play as at all haha. Maybe he could borrow moves from other enemies like the beam whip. But I would still rather have another staff-using blue fox (sorry kill me). She at least can do things with her staff other than swing it and twirl it.
It's not like 2 characters have to fight to the death to get on the roster. They could both get on the roster. I actually like the idea of Krystal being on the roster (though I worry that characters like Slippy, or Peppy get in [no offense to Peppy]).

@ ClubbyBear ClubbyBear I think the spear copter is a move easily recreated by most any character with a melee weapon and far from original. Really if Boomstick Dee was going to have an original and attractive moveset the only thing I can see them doing is giving him more moves that other enemies have in Dreamland, which is kinda Kirby's thing. I am not going to argue his possibility of being included seriously Sakurai could turn him into a little rambo with machine guns if he felt like it. But this character just really isn't appealing at all to me. I'm not gonna muck up the thread further...
It would be incredibly silly to see Link or Marth spinning their swords around to use it like a helicopter. :shiro:

Also, personal tastes. I tend to like difficult and/or fast and/or support and/or burst damage characters in video games. I have a hard time getting myself to be the tank, because I hate being hit, and usually they are rediculously slow.
I'm sure there's some other character on the roster that you find incredibly boring and/or hate. Personally I find Jigglypuff annoying (whether you are playing her, or against her). While I find Peach, DK, Mario, and Olimar to be incredibly boring. Do I think they shouldn't be on the roster? Heck no, because there's tons of people that do love playing them.

Personally I wish they've done more with Bandana Dee's moves in RtD, as Spear is very basic in comparison to sword, hammer, and wing (the 3 abilities that MK and DDD have). Though after seeing what they did to Meta Knight in Brawl, they'll totally throw out almost everything except for iconic moves (aka spear helicopter) for Bandana Dee's moveset. Which they could turn into a really mindblowingly awesome moveset.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Nobody can throw grenades and fire rocket launchers like Snake
Mario can't do everything Luigi can
Nobody can box like Little Mac
Nobody can pick weeds, plant trees, throw pots and bowling balls, and put stuff in their pocket like Villager
Everyone can spin their weapons fast enough to fly through the air

Last edited:

Big Rig Randy

Smash Cadet
Come on guys, bandana dee......lets just step back and think about it for a bit.

It's not gonna happen

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
It may have been a little late in the game but after finding out his official English name is Bandana Dee really puts him in a good spot. Goes to show they do listen to their fans, although that's nothing new but still. If he isn't in this smash, he's guaranteed in the next one. Whether you like it or not, he's officially a staple in the series and his appearances will only go up from here.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As much as I'm against negativity, I will say that I think that everyone should brace themselves for Friday. If Sakurai chooses to acknowledge Triple Deluxe without using Meta knight, then we might have a problem.

We have only seen one assist trophy from the kirby series. It could very well be prime time to reveal another one. (Though, I'm personally hoping for Kracko).

Really, this is the only major day left we have to worry about. It should be smooth sailing from then on with it then being up to the waiting game.

D

Deleted member

I can see Meta Knight get revealed this week... but I'm not expecting him.
He doesn't have a major role in that game, unlike King Dedede.

If he isn't shown on Friday, then I can see him get revealed at E3. Meta Knight and Wario are veterans that can help hype Smash.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I can see Meta Knight get revealed this week... but I'm not expecting him.
He doesn't have a major role in that game, unlike King Dedede.

If he isn't shown on Friday, then I can see him get revealed at E3. Meta Knight and Wario are veterans that can help hype Smash.
Can't say Wario excites me, really didn't care for him in Brawl or any other game he's in. I do appreciate his series but eh, can't say I would be overly excited for him. I know he will return, as much as Meta Knight will as well. I would be surprised if Dee gets the announcement on Friday to celebrate the English name (;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wow, I'm incredibly nervous for tonight.

This could literally be it guys. In a matter of hours it could all be over. So sad...

D

Deleted member

Can't say Wario excites me, really didn't care for him in Brawl or any other game he's in. I do appreciate his series but eh, can't say I would be overly excited for him. I know he will return, as much as Meta Knight will as well. I would be surprised if Dee gets the announcement on Friday to celebrate the English name (;
Wario is still a very popular character. Wario is one of Nintendo's most iconic characters and he was probably the most requested character before E3 2006. It's safe to say that he will draw in some crowds at E3. Same can be said for Meta Knight. However, I rather see both of them before the end of this month.

This could literally be it guys. In a matter of hours it could all be over. So sad...
Meta Knight would get confirmed, not Bandana Dee. Even then, I doubt Sakurai would do another Super Mario 3D World post.
I can see Sakurai reveal Meta Knight... yet at the same time, I can see him not do that.
While Meta Knight doesn't even have a role in Kirby Triple Deluxe, it's probably the best time for him to get confirmed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I see no cause for worry. Knuckle Joe is probably enough for Kirby ATs.

A Meta Knight reveal would be exciting though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There was deconfirmation, but it wasn't Bandana Dee. I do feel sorry for the Dillion supporters though.

Well. We are pretty much in the clear for now.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Seeing Dillon makes me want to try his game, looks like a BAMF, and video gaming sorely needs more Armadilos.

Bandana Dee survives to fight (or should I say, Smash : D) another day. I'm actually starting to believe guys, the miracle could come true

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see Meta Knight... but I didn't expect to see him. Though, it's comforting to know that Bandana Dee lived to see another day.

Top Bottom