• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

edsett

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, Bandana Dee's ability to use a spear gives him enough potential already and I'm sure that Sakurai could flair up his moveset even more while keeping his signature weapon. On the other hand, Parasol is one of my favorite abilities in game...

Also, I'm keeping my expectations low for E3. I'm worried mainly about the inevitable AT massacre and am hoping that King Dedede's final smash would change to Masked Dedede.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, Bandana Dee's ability to use a spear gives him enough potential already and I'm sure that Sakurai could flair up his moveset even more while keeping his signature weapon. On the other hand, Parasol is one of my favorite abilities in game...

Also, I'm keeping my expectations low for E3. I'm worried mainly about the inevitable AT massacre and am hoping that King Dedede's final smash would change to Masked Dedede.
I'm hoping he uses both personally! Since he's a waddle dee and sakurai loves filling movesets with references to in game moves and things i really am expecting parasol as a down b.

and i'm all for masked dedede as a final smash, though they gotta be careful not to give all of the chars a transformation type of smash like giga mac, and i think charizard and lucario got them too with mega evos,

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Well duh, we're kirby fans, suck in non believers, convert them to believers of bandana dee

Staarih

Smash Master
I found my way to this thread some time ago, then left, then found it again and clicked "watch thread", and slowly I'm beginning to find myself in a position that I may begin to support Bandana Dee, even if I thought the idea was absurd at first. Funny, huh?

That said, I don't E3 will give us Bandana Dee. There might not be a pattern or anything of sorts to this, but it looks like they want to show all old characters/veterans within a franchise before showing new ones. Greninja kind of breaks this buuut still... I think MetaKnight will be everything "Kirby" we get at E3 (maybe a stage or something along with him). However, I think Bandana Dee fits as a secret, surprise character who doesn't necessarily even need to be revealed before the game's release. But we'll see what happens, this is just my take to it:)

buut... I guess I count myself as a supporter now!

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I found my way to this thread some time ago, then left, then found it again and clicked "watch thread", and slowly I'm beginning to find myself in a position that I may begin to support Bandana Dee, even if I thought the idea was absurd at first. Funny, huh?

That said, I don't E3 will give us Bandana Dee. There might not be a pattern or anything of sorts to this, but it looks like they want to show all old characters/veterans within a franchise before showing new ones. Greninja kind of breaks this buuut still... I think MetaKnight is everything "Kirby" we might get at E3 (maybe a stage or something along with him). However, I think Bandana Dee fits as a secret, surprise character who doesn't necessarily even need to be revealed before the game's release. But we'll see what happens, this is just my take to it:)

buut... I guess I count myself as a supporter now!
Welcome to the bandana brigade, buy your bandana and spear here!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Say Hi to the new title XD

And about E3...I'm hyped for it! :D, but a little scared...Sakurai just disconfirmed Kamek on a Monday ._. (he was very unlikely, but yeah...), maybe this week before E3 will be full of disconfirmations!
Bandana Dee needs to survive this week and E3!

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman

And about E3...I'm hyped for it! :D, but a little scared...Sakurai just disconfirmed Kamek on a Monday ._. (he was very unlikely, but yeah...), maybe this week before E3 will be full of disconfirmations!
I really am sure about bandana dee, Only because well, i think i said this before but, Who else is there? to be a good 4th kirby rep? if theres a 4th i think bananas got it, galactica would be a clone, dark matter and the like wouldn't really work, Magolor or prince fluff are really the only other contestants and they were only in one game and bandana is re-occuring and has better moveset potential.

thats my take on it anyway x3

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty scared for the Assist Trophy section that might happen...
That could kill not only Bandana Dee, but Shulk as well (if they are both ATs). I'm cautiously hyped for E3... but not too hyped to the point of disappointment.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty scared for the Assist Trophy section that might happen...
That could kill not only Bandana Dee, but Shulk as well (if they are both ATs). I'm cautiously hyped for E3... but not too hyped to the point of disappointment.
E3 assist trophy segment will be like a horror movie now that you put it that way.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
There are 6 Kirby hats your mii can wear on 3ds streetpass mii plaza.

1) Kirby hat - Duh.
2) Meta Knight Helmet - Okay, makes sense.
3) Dedede hat - Obv.
4) ??????
5) Epic Kirby Hat - A yarn kirby hat.
6) Prince Fluff hat - a yarn kirby hat.

It would stand to reason number 4 would be the 4th most important Kirby character.

Oh yeah, it's Bandana Dee.

With a spear.

Also in Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight did nothing except be an optional boss at the end.

Bandanna Dee helps you in every level. That's like Tails level sidekickery right there.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OK...the new Mario stage looks AWESOME! :D
But, where is the Kirby stage? ._.
What would be cool if there was an Epic Yarn Stage for the Wii U that's based off that one level where Waddle Dee's float up on those balloons and you can ride 'em. Or the Lor Starcutter, with Magalor and Landia duking it out in the background, with the two sometimes reflecting the shots onto the stage as a hazard.
For the 3DS, a stage based off Kirby's Dreamland 2 or Kirby: Triple Deluxe would be nice, albiet I haven't played those games (or Epic Yarn for that matter), but they'd be good canidates.
(I have played RTD, it is the BEST Kirby Game that I've played. Along with Air Ride, that's amazing too.)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
For some reason i feel Bandana Dee is more likely as a secret character not revealed until the 3DS Version is out. I could see Meta Knight being revealed before launch so he can be a starter character and then Bandana Dee being a secret.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
For some reason i feel Bandana Dee is more likely as a secret character not revealed until the 3DS Version is out. I could see Meta Knight being revealed before launch so he can be a starter character and then Bandana Dee being a secret.
That'd be cool.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I think Bandana Dee's only competition is the following:
Prince Fluff: In my opinion, I view him the same as Rosalina, just the Kirby version. Since Rosalina got in, I wouldn't count him out, even if he's only in one game unlike Rosalina.
Knuckle Joe: Any Assist Trophy that looks like it could be controlled by a character already gets entered into competition imo. I mean look at Little Mac for example. He could also be entered as a reference to the Anime.
Magolor: Originally I thought he would be a one shot, but I'm not so sure anymore. Since he did return as a rival to race against in the Dream Collection (along with a description that makes him sound like good guy now). He gets referenced in Triple Deluxe, but that's nothing too special since Marx gets referenced there too and I doubt we'll ever see Marx again. I find his chances to be low, but I would prefer to play him over Bandana Dee + King Dedede + Kirby if I had the chance.

Also in Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight did nothing except be an optional boss at the end.

Bandanna Dee helps you in every level. That's like Tails level sidekickery right there.
I really like the idea of Meta Knight being an optional boss in future Kirby games, with Galacta Knight taking his place if Meta Knight is playable.

Bandana Dee being the Kirby's side kick similarly to tails? I like that idea (and not because Tails is one of my favorite Sonic characters).

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've got another moveset idea for Bandana!
Some people say Bandana should have Parasol or Beam in his moveset. Here's my take on that:
Okay, first, should Bandana Dee use Parasol and/or Beam powers, I think we should have a setup like Pit in Brawl where the weapon in hand changes. Bandana only wields one weapon at a time and already having the one needed equipped be equipped should make using the move faster. here's how I see it:
basic A moves: all use the spear, we basically know these already.
U-tilt/Uair: both should be the upward thrust move.
D-tilt: Slide. the sliding move from Kirby Super Star and later.
Dair: Moon Drop. the spinning drill-drop move from Return to Dreamland/Triple Deluxe.
Up-special: Bandana Copter, obviously. (it's refered to as "Spear Copter" but Bandana Copter is more personalized)
Side-Special: Parasol attack/Parasol Shield. pressing the button causes Bandana to take the parasol from his back, put away his spear, and attack forward. holding the button makes it act like the Reflecters the Star Fox characters have.
Down-Special: Megaton Punch. Bandana leaps into the air and flies downward with a punch, sending airborne foes downward and ground-steady foes upward, causes a shockwave on either side of Bandana, much like Yoshi's ground pound move. for this, Bandana momentarily puts away whichever weapon he is holding.
Neutral-Special: Spear Throw/Triple Throw. tapping the button will cause Bandana Dee to throw his spear and have it reappear in his hand, while holding the button momentarily for a green glow will cause Bandana's flying Spear to triplicate, just like the original move from Return to Dreamland.

Grabs.
Grab: Bandana reaches out with his stubby arm when using the spear, the Parasol when using Parasol, and Capture Beam when using the scepter.
Throws.
Up: Circus Throw. Bandana spins the parasol, juggling the foe a short bit, before forcing them upwards.
Forward: Capture Beam Throw. the throw from the capture beam.
Backward: Judo throw. the backwards throw move for the Fighter Ability (Hey, Bandana MUST have arm strength to punch a crack in the planet!)
Downward: Fury Stomp. the 1000 kick jutsu move Kirby uses for his down throw and from Kirby Super Star's Suplex ability if you press B as you grab a foe.

Taunts.
Up: Plays with his spear, parasol, or scepter, depending on which is held.
Side: Fixes bandana.
Down: Short pose with weapon.

Victory poses.
Spear: Spins above head, but ends up floating instead, slightly panicking. (I try to give Bandana a more timid personality)
Scepter: Tosses the scepter into the air and dances, juggling it, and then catching in a pose like the one Kirby takes on the Title Screen in Triple Deluxe, smiling.
Parasol: floats down on-screen and lands, letting go of the parasol as it flies off screen, (throwback to Parasol Dees who let the umbrellas fly off when they land with them) and then poses.

Thoughts?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
*reads prince fluff in the comments*

omg hopefully Yarn Yoshi will be on E3 xD
Fluffy simply deserves his own franchise :B

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've always seen Bandana Dee as a Timid-yet-Brave kind of person. Sorta like a cuter Luigi.
(Although a bit off topic, I know at LEAST one person's going to ask about Mewtwo in the E3 Developer Confrence for SSB4.)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Guys, I'm scared lately. We still have 3 PotD's left before E3, and E3 itself could be another character Armageddon day. Plus none of these leaks ever talk about the Dee.

I dunno, I'm just worried I guess for the potentially dark times ahead. I want to believe though of course. How are you all keeping yourselves sane atm?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm kinda worried, i don't think they'd reveal Bandana Dee before Meta Knight. So i hope they reveal Meta Knight in E3 with a possibility that they reveal Bandana Dee along with him.

In the case only Meta Knight gets revealed then i still have hopes for Bandana Dee being a secret character.

But i really hope Meta Knight isn't a secret character.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I'm scared lately. We still have 3 PotD's left before E3, and E3 itself could be another character Armageddon day. Plus none of these leaks ever talk about the Dee.

I dunno, I'm just worried I guess for the potentially dark times ahead. I want to believe though of course. How are you all keeping yourselves sane atm?
Character Armageddon has been happening during this week... Sakurai's venom knows no bounds. I'm scared for E3 for the reveals and the disconfirmations. As for Bandana Dee not being in leaks, he's not really predicted.

I'm... uh... let me summarize with one pic:
zlCfzSAaFT8j0jMrXO.jpeg

But i really hope Meta Knight isn't a secret character.
Making an initial veteran in one game be secret in the next? I doubt that this will happen. I hope we see him at E3.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
In most cases leaks are just fake, i've not seen a single leak actually be confirmed other than one guy predicting the wii fit trainer, and then proceding to say those weird rhythm heaven things will be in the game and cmon, we all know those weird white men won't be in the game.

Most leaks are just elaborate hoaxes, so lets always remember, nothing is confirmed until nintendo itself announces it.<3

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
In most cases leaks are just fake, i've not seen a single leak actually be confirmed other than one guy predicting the wii fit trainer, and then proceding to say those weird rhythm heaven things will be in the game and cmon, we all know those weird white men won't be in the game.

Most leaks are just elaborate hoaxes, so lets always remember, nothing is confirmed until nintendo itself announces it.<3
There is always a real leak prior to release. It happens with almost every game that I follow. Apparently Brawl also had one. I agree with your sentiment though.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
There is always a real leak prior to release. It happens with almost every game that I follow. Apparently Brawl also had one. I agree with your sentiment though.
not saying that all leaks are fake by default, they can of course happen, big secrets are a thing desired to be released by many, be it employees or fans alike. I'm sure at one point or another one will happen, 100% before release once the games actually start to be mass produced and/or shiped, one will slip threw at one point.

but for now where the game is still very much not even being produced yet, leaks are more than 99% of the time going to be fake, but i do agree with you that there will be a real leak at one point, but the thing with real leaks is they will be proper leaks most of the time, not odd pictures taken at conviently odd angles or conviently blurry pics, or a guy saying he got the info from a disclosed source he or she shall not mention.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Strap on you bandanas and hold your spears high, it's almost time for E3! :chuckle:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I don't know if someone has talked about this but... how do think he'll in smash? I mean he doesn't talk but he will make some sounds...

Top Bottom