• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Again. R.O.B is an enemy in Subspace Emissary, so the point is invalid.

Morbi

Scavenger
Again. R.O.B is an enemy in Subspace Emissary, so the point is invalid.
Not necessarily; sure there is a precedent that illuminates that generic enemies can be playable. However, Smash Run is not Subspace Emissary. They are inherently different. We have yet to see how this influences the ramifications.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
You fight R.O.B.s in Subspace Emissary. So I think the argument is invalid.

Also a huge thing that many people are not noticing is that King Dedede does not throw Waddle Dees anymore, could this mean that Bandana Dee will be playable? Maybe, Maybe Not, but it is a possibility now.
Read the OP. Bandana Dee is NOT a regular Waddle Dee.
Precisely, note the word "Bandanna" prior to the Dee. You do not need to read the OP, you need to read his name.
I'm pretty sure Bandana Dee will match Kirby's size as he's been shown in the games to be around that size. (And of course Bandana Dee has fought against Waddle Dees in RtDL, as well as King Dedede, and it has been made pretty clear that he is separate character from his species.)
I'm fully aware, I'm a supporter after all. I was talking about how Bandana Dee is a Waddle Dee much like Yoshi is a Yoshi. The point was that the size of said Waddle Dee was a bit jarring, but upon further research I made this image.

Attachments

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm fully aware, I'm a supporter after all. I was talking about how Bandana Dee is a Waddle Dee much like Yoshi is a Yoshi. The point was that the size of said Waddle Dee was a bit jarring, but upon further research I made this image.
As a Ridley supporter, I am an adamant believer that canon size or proper scaling is not necessarily in Smash Brothers. It might mean something just as much as it might not mean anything at all. There is nothing objective to indicate that Bandanna Dee must be a certain size.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what that image is trying to prove.

Edit: Nvm. I didn't read that it was about size. My bad.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I understand what you're saying but i think that the Waddle Dees in Smash Run are bigger since they're enemies? Have we even seen Kirby in Smash Run since that would be a better comparison for Bandana Dee, I would think. As in Bandana Dee's model would be based off Kirby's model rather than the Smash Run Waddle Dees' models.

Last edited:

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I understand what you're saying but i think that the Waddle Dees in Smash Run are bigger since they're enemies? Have we even seen Kirby in Smash Run since that would be a better comparison for Bandana Dee, I would think. As in Bandana Dee's model would be based off Kirby's model rather than the Smash Run Waddle Dees.
Hopefully you and I are correct to some degree.
As a Ridley supporter, I am an adamant believer that canon size or proper scaling is not necessarily in Smash Brothers. It might mean something just as much as it might not mean anything at all. There is nothing objective to indicate that Bandanna Dee must be a certain size.
I guess there's that too, I guess I over looked that too.

Sorry for the whole confusion, I should've looked more carefully instead of worrying about it. I need new glasses.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I feel like size is the last thing we should be discussing about Bandana Dee. It's more about our game plan. I know that you're probably thinking, "what game plan?" Well, GameXplain (I know you know it. The dude posts 30 videos each time a new Smash related thing comes out) were talking about Pac-Man, Palutena, Marshal and whoever. They discussed Bandana Dee for a brief moment and you won't believe what he said. They said that he's a fan favorite, but wouldn't make it in. As if fan favorites aren't the characters that get added in Smash. How are we gonna let him have an opinion like that? If Dee is in, we should all tell him, "**** YOU. THE DEE WORKED!" Then we'll all play the song below as we celebrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBkb1Kqtis

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel like size is the last thing we should be discussing about Bandana Dee. It's more about our game plan. I know that you're probably thinking, "what game plan?" Well, GameXplain (I know you know it. The dude posts 30 videos each time a new Smash related thing comes out) were talking about Pac-Man, Palutena, Marshal and whoever. They discussed Bandana Dee for a brief moment and you won't believe what he said. They said that he's a fan favorite, but wouldn't make it in. As if fan favorites aren't the characters that get added in Smash. How are we gonna let him have an opinion like that? If Dee is in, we should all tell him, "**** YOU. THE DEE WORKED!" Then we'll all play the song below as we celebrate.

Why? For having a different opinion? At least he acknowledges the notion that Bandanna Dee is a fan-favorite character. There are many people here who disregard even that.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I like Andre, no need to yell it is his face. He thinks it is unlikely, but you know what? It is unlikely that Bandana Dee will be in, I believe that to. I WANT BD to be in the game, but it doesn't mean he will be.

Morbi

Scavenger
I like Andre, no need to yell it is his face. He thinks it is unlikely, but you know what? It is unlikely that Bandana Dee will be in, I believe that to. I WANT BD to be in the game, but it doesn't mean he will be.
I would not assert that it is unlikely, I believe it is more accurate to state that it is not as likely as we wish it to be.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Did you think Greninja was likely? Were you expecting Wii Fit Trainer? I don't think so, buddy. I'm gonna be extremely vocal about this until I grieve the Dee.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Did you think Greninja was likely? Were you expecting Wii Fit Trainer? I don't think so, buddy. I'm gonna be extremely vocal about this until I grieve the Dee.
I'm personally a very pessimistic person. I think the chances of Bandana Dee making it into the game is around 50%. Really the only thing that makes characters like Palutena or Shulk more likely is that they have a leak that supports their characters. I'm pretty sure if that gematsu leak had Bandana Dee instead of Palutena their chances would be swapped.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I'm personally a very pessimistic person. I think the chances of Bandana Dee making it into the game is around 50%. Really the only thing that makes characters like Palutena or Shulk more likely is that they have a leak that supports their characters. I'm pretty sure if that gematsu leak had Bandana Dee instead of Palutena their chances would be swapped.
I feel Bandana Dee has a number of good reasons why to be in without the help of a leak. However only time will tell, but it'd be funny that Kirby's Final Smash may be screaming it out loud at this point.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Remember guys, Bandana Dee is just some ordinary bad guy. . . .
:glare:
. . . Right.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Dee is a 100% thing.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I've been replaying Return to Dreamland while waiting for E3 to come in. If you guys want screenshots of some sort I can try my best. We could probably make OP a little more appealing to non-Deelievers.

Attachments

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I might be wrong, but wasn't the Waddle Dees D3 threw were around the same size as Kirby?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You're right Chandelure. The ladies do need to contain their orgasms.
Because we all know Waddle Dees are the sexiest things alive. :troll:
:laugh:

Hello. I want to apologize to Bandana Dee's supporters, for being a jerk towards them in the rumor/leaks thread and in the official character discussion thread, as well. I do not think Bandana Dee should be playable in Smash and I truly hope he isn't, but I realized this doesn't give me the right to talk down the people who want to play as him in Super Smash bros. So yeah, sorry for any trouble I may have caused.
No problem, Reila! :D

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
DeE3... No... just no.
Waddle Dee is one of the most likely to be revealed. Unfortunately, Palutena is the highest of all priorities. Waddle Dee is going to be the 2nd reveal if he is, Palutena is the first.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
There are no reveal priorities -.-. A character is shown when Sakurai wants to show them, or has something to promote, that's it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm ready for DeE3 now. :awesome:

Made by yours truly.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I just want to let it be known that I started the entire "Believe in the Dee" thing. Someone on 4chan doesn't believe I did and I think the archive for that website is down. It was like, months ago on the video game board. No one there really thought much of him, so I thought a slogan of sorts would get people behind the Dee, ready to receive him deeply. But I stopped using it there because I realized it was annoying for people who didn't want to receive the Dee. Now I only use it here because most of you want to achieve the Dee. I (think) was also the first person to ever use it on this website. So I just wanted to claim responsibility for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
I just want to let it be known that I started the entire "Believe in the Dee" thing. Someone on 4chan doesn't believe I did and I think the archive for that website is down. It was like, months ago on the video game board. No one there really thought much of him, so I thought a slogan of sorts would get people behind the Dee, ready to receive him deeply. But I stopped using it there because I realized it was annoying for people who didn't want to receive the Dee. Now I only use it here because most of you want to achieve the Dee. I (think) was also the first person to ever use it on this website. So I just wanted to claim responsibility for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
I think I saw your posts along with my Dee relevancy picture from before. Your slogan is working. #GiveUsTheDee

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
On 4chan? Yeah, that was me. But I mean, really. The Dee is for the people. The Dee is for everyone.
Yeah, I even made the webms for Dee if you've seen them. Fingers crossed for confirmation at E3!

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I even made the webms for Dee if you've seen them. Fingers crossed for confirmation at E3!
I think at least we'll get an assist trophy if he's not playable. We're definitely getting something from him, I think. But I personally believe everything he does in RTL plays out too much like a Smash moveset for him not to be playable. I guess we'll see... at E3... the Dee.

Maikou

Smash Ace
So, everybody, I'm now writing two story oneshots as a tribute to Bandana Dee. One is to be called "Destined Allies: Kirby and Bandana Dee" which will be my Kirby Right Back at Ya take on Bandana's backstory, and the other will be "Destined Battles: Kirby vs King Dedede" which will take place in Kirby Triple Deluxe as my take on how it could've gone with Bandana Dee actually being involved in the fight. also, I'm currently in the middle of writing these as I type this, so if I make a grammar fail, don't worry about it, I'll fix it sometime. Also, even I know this is some kind of advertising, if anyone's interested I'm on Fanfiction.net as a writer with same username as here. Also, I don't write blood and gore, so if that's what anyone's expecting, don't bother reading my stuff. Hopefully I'll get one of them up by tonight. (I take forever with my stories, but at least the fight scenes are good!) Also, Kirby Kamehameha/Hadouken's somebody.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Not necessarily; sure there is a precedent that illuminates that generic enemies can be playable. However, Smash Run is not Subspace Emissary. They are inherently different. We have yet to see how this influences the ramifications.
So if goombas arent playable then the "just a generic" argumentt is right?....

I dont see how this could change in a future, anyways, Ancient Minister wasnt exactly a generic enemy...

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Let's all raise our hands together in one final attempt to bring the Dee into smash!

\(-_-)/

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Let's all raise our hands together in one final attempt to bring the Dee into smash!

\(-_-)/
If DeE3 doesn't happen, then that's fine. But the movement is strong. I think if he's not in this time, then the whole Believe in the Dee thing will likely spread like wildfire by the time Smash 5 is announced. Sakurai will surely take notice and he'll give us the Dee. He's all about giving us (viable) fan favorites. Bowser, Sonic, Wario, Little Mac, etc, all fan favorites we got. His popularity could only grow.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So is everyone just ignoring me now or something?
I am. I'm ignoring you so hard I'm responding directly to your post. Seriously though, hope the stories go well and after you get them up on fan fiction.net post a link here. It seems to be the right target audience.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sorry, it's just that nobody responded to my post for a while. I have too much time on my hands: I don't have a very interesting personal life. Also, my fic contains spoilers for Kirby Triple Deluxe. considering how my writing has improved since I first started my so far longest fic, I'm sure most people will like it unless they obsess with realism. I'm a fantasy writer and I use fantasy elements: my Kirby fics will operate mostly by the game's rules and maybe a few of the Kirby Right Back at Ya anime's physics (Example: not getting a hole in your stomach and bleeding to death from a few thousand spear stabs) just a note in case anyone's expecting freaking blood and guts everywhere like most fanfics. lots and lots of spears. *Weapons found: many*

Edit: Okay, Everyone should be able to view the story now. I just posted it on Fanfiction. Here's the link to it:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10435261/1/Kirby-Bandana-Dee-F-L-O-W-E-R-battle

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, tomorrow's the big day, fellas! It's kind of like waiting for Christmas. Hopefully Sakurai Claus will bring the blue bandana I asked for. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom