• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll play ball, and pretend as though Dee has a chance.

The fact that Dedede no longer tosses Waddle Dees could serve to foreshadow Bandana, as having identical albeit bandanaless Waddle Dees swarming the field would be particularly unfair to Bandana players.

There's also the fact that Bandana Dee's weapon of choice is a spear. The only other significant Nintendo characters to wield a polearm is Pig Ganon and whatever Fire Emblem characters there are. Unlike Blue/Yellow Toad, Bandana Dee in Return to Dreamland has an established moveset to differentiate him from Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede without making him generic.

The incorporation of the Ultra Sword into Kirby's new Final Smash also helps Bandana's case, as even though Super Star Ultra was when he debuted, Return to Dreamland was his first playable appearance.

Add in the fact that Kirby is Sakurai's favorite franchise and...

...Dammit, I think I just convinced myself that Bandana Dee will be a playable character.

I'm not holding my breath, though, I'm saving oxygen for Ridley. Good luck, people!
You can save "oxygen" for bother Ridley and Bandana Dee. :bubblebobble:

You might wanna give some more to Bandana Dee, I heard he doesn't have a mouth...
*Insert I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream reference here*

Wait, how does he eat?

He must eat something to recover health in Return to Dreamland...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHwZQvQ-lW4

Edit: holy crud, so many ninjas in less than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
HATRED EVERYWHERE

I'm personally hoping for him a bit more now, I just wish that the fanbase was a bit bigger, it seems rather quiet compared to that of Palutena and Chrom.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So, guys, what would you do if Bandana Dee was revealed?

I'd personally soil my pants and scream in happiness.
Probably not much, haha; I'm a calm person during Directs (my intentionally-overdramatic Rosalina Direct posts being the exception), but I'd definitely have my mouth open in a big, giant grin, and be saying "YES!" to myself like ten times in quick succession while watching the awesomeness of his reveal trailer. Or, alternatively, going "Woohoo!" when reading that he's been unlocked as a secret character after it releases on the 3DS, since I don't have a 3DS but won't be able to resist knowing every single thing about the game when it releases, haha.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I had a Smash nightmare last night :c XD
I was watching a Nintendo Direct, and then... WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

CHROM!...with a spear D:

I was like...this baby:

tumblr_mj2g28xLzk1qdlh1io1_400.gif

edsett

Smash Apprentice

New Club Nintendo Japan pin! Why can't we get these overseas? They have one for Zelda and Pikmin too.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
OK, that pin just proves that Bandana Dee IS a full time Kirby character. That's hard evidence!

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Nintendo definitely seems to acknowledge he's on the same level of Meta Knight and King Dedede, which is a fantastic sign. I definitely like his chances now more than I did a year ago. I'm waiting for a Bandana Dee plush his reveal trailer.

So, should Bandana be a starter or unlockable character?

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
OK, that pin just proves that Bandana Dee IS a full time Kirby character. That's hard evidence!
I get it. It's made of metal, so...hard. Yeah.

Nintendo definitely seems to acknowledge he's on the same level of Meta Knight and King Dedede, which is a fantastic sign. I definitely like his chances now more than I did a year ago. I'm waiting for a Bandana Dee plush his reveal trailer.

So, should Bandana be a starter or unlockable character?
You're very welcome.

Definitely unlockable. Ideally, I'd have Kirby and King Dedede starters and Meta Knight and Bandana Dee unlockable.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I had a Smash nightmare last night :c XD
I was watching a Nintendo Direct, and then... WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

CHROM!...with a spear D:

I was like...this baby:

View attachment 12985
Oh, don't worry. I doubt Chrom would ever actually use a spear in Smash.

...but that is one creepy baby...

Maikou

Smash Ace
Oh dear Arceus. That baby is actually.........Adam Savage, one of the Mythbusters. he was wearing a baby suit guys. they were testing a myth (and busted it) about taking candy from a baby being easy. I'm a geek, I know it, and I'm PROUD of it! Myhtbusters are awesome!

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Bandanna Dee, all the way! (Cross posted from the Ridley board.)

I got in an argument with someone on my DA over this picture. He denied Dee using the old "He'd waste a character slot!" argument.

Which is stupid, considering that:
A. Kirby is one of Nintendo's heavy hitters these days and heavy hitters generally get more characters.
B. Bandanna Dee has reached All-Star status in the Kirby series by this point and thus is just as worthy as anyone to get in.
C. He's got the potential for a unique kind of long-ranged moveset that no other notable and highly visible Nintendo character can match.

Besides, if people want him in, then he's hardly a waste, right?

Top Bottom