• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'd say he's more like the Toad of Kirby, but Toad>BD in terms of importance IMHO since BD just started to pick up speed.
At least he has an official name now, though. We shall rejoice, I think! o uo
One argument down, few to go. BD deserves a pat on the back though. *pat pat*
He went from
"nameless"
|
|
|
|
\/
"named"
Any improvement is good, yes?
Still, though, I don't think we should think his chances rose SO higher though, because Kirby TD was announced after the roster was finalized, I think. Still, they could had raised; just see Greninja. Just my 2 cents!
Though, this could be called a stepping point. One step further! cx
anytime an argument gets deconfirmed is an step forward mate,
everything points to his favor so far, whether or not it actually increases his chance and/or if anyone willing enough to admit it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People think that is a bad thing, because muh Sakurai's modesty, but well...there is a part about Sakurai's modesty in the OP XD
I read that, if he still has a little modesty, maybe just a KI rep, but BD deserves more, the other popular Kirby Newcomer is an AT so who knows what might happen to him. Btw, Gordo throw.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the big dragon's most likely dead, I'll start supporting Dee more serious since the chances of a 4th Kirby character seem better than a 3rd Metroid rep.

D

Deleted member

Since the big dragon's most likely dead, I'll start supporting Dee more serious since the chances of a 4th Kirby character seem better than a 3rd Metroid rep.
Don't say that in front of me, just don't.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he's more like the Toad of Kirby, but Toad>BD in terms of importance IMHO since BD just started to pick up speed.
At least he has an official name now, though. We shall rejoice, I think! o uo
One argument down, few to go. BD deserves a pat on the back though. *pat pat*
He went from
"nameless"
|
|
|
|
\/
"named"
Any improvement is good, yes?
Still, though, I don't think we should think his chances rose SO higher though, because Kirby TD was announced after the roster was finalized, I think. Still, they could had raised; just see Greninja. Just my 2 cents!
Though, this could be called a stepping point. One step further! cx
Bandana Dee was a fan name. He was always called Bandana Waddle Dee in Japan. The fact they at least acknowledged the name is a huge step forward. Also, IMO, Bandana Dee needs to stop being compared to Toad. Toad has already had a history of being either in the background or as a shield; Bandana Dee himself has never appeared in Smash Bros, just the normal Waddle Dee counterparts; what's the difference? Bandana Dee has the Bandana that so far no other Dee has had, so he's much easier to point out of a crowd then, say, the popular Toad in a group of Toads.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry guys...

Waddle Dee was just eaten. :troll:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Oh, more people who obviously haven't played/know about RtDL. Quick hint: Smash Run doesn't affect Bandana Dee's chances.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Welp this hurt Dee's chances a lot. While there is a little hope, I'm pretty sure it's dead. :c

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My mom said I would go to big places when I grow up, so I went into a Charizard's belly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see how this pic disconfirms Bandana Dee.
He still has a chance.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG

Does no one notice the parasol right there? If anything, I'm betting that this was taken during Smash Run. And as of now, I'm throwing in my full support for Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

I just remembered that if you attack Parasol Waddle Dees in the Kirby games, their parasols fly away and they become regular Waddle Dees.
This is a reference to the Kirby games and it doesn't disconfirm Bandana Dee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
There are some serious fools here, huh. You guys see Red Toad get deconfirmed, and immediately go, "No, we have Blue Toad and Captain Toad!" And then a shot of normal Waddle Dees, with no bandana I might add, and everyone says, "Nope. Waddle Dee ain't got a shot anymore." Screw you.

Maikou

Smash Ace
1: Charizard, you can beat up random Doos as much you want, but what happened to never picking on a weaker foe?
2: Will Bandana Waddle Dee ever spear his way in? well, he will if gets in the darn building.
3: When the heck did Charizard take to eating random weak enemies? I though that was Kirby and Yoshi's jobs!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Don’t do it

Don’t eat my face…!

Do NOT eat my fa-!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I just realized something.

Normal Waddle Dee being deconfirmed actually helps Bandana Dee, because it's one less possible Kirby rep.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
*Insert picture of Bandana Dee killing Waddle Dees in Kirby's Return to Dreamland*
This doesn't help or hurt Bandana Dees chances in the slightest.

I'm starting to wonder if there will be enemies from every game series, unless it's only the more game series.

@ Maikou Maikou
#1 Apparently this is a different Charizard, don't be racist. :troll:
#2 Bandana Dee was helping Meta Knight rebuild his ship again. Now that the ship is in, he's probably training with Meta Knight until their reveal. Good guy Bandana Dee wants to make sure Meta Knight gets in first. Though personally I see Meta Knight being revealed at some point soon, then Bandana Dee is a hidden character.
#3 When you don't have a trainer to feed you stuff, you have to improvise. Charizard seems like a meat eater anyways.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered that if you attack Parasol Waddle Dees in the Kirby games, their parasols fly away and they become regular Waddle Dees.
This is a reference to the Kirby games and it doesn't disconfirm Bandana Dee.
Yeah, that's why it doesn't make sense that people are saying that Bandana Dee is deconfirmed since Parasol Waddle Dees exist. (And why it is obvious some people haven't played Kirby games.)
Also, of course, Bandana Dee wears a bandana and wields a spear not a parasol.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So...

Waddle Dee confirmed to be magically delicious?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Lol, I really hope all the "Deconfirmed" peeps were teasing like good ol' Swamp. If not....*sigh*

I swear the Smash Run Waddle Dee's are on steroids btw, if Bandana Dee is in the game he's going to end up being half their size lol.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Are we forgetting there's another version of Smash without Smash Run? The Parasol Waddle Dees may just be 3DS exclusive.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'll support since the Waddle Dee in today's Miiverse post isn't wearing a bandana, but just like my cases with Mewtwo and a second Sonic character, I might be shameful about it.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
YES ! THE PARASOL !

PLEASE BECOME AN ITEM AGAIN ! (I had kinda forgotten to mention that after the direct happened lol)

Even if no newcomer attracts me, I could buy the game just to fool around with the Parasol. It was what I did best in Melee. Not only was it pretty cool to float around with Jigglypuff, but it packed a surprising power. Hoping to see it return in the game, as there's really no other item that would be super interesting to me... Maybe the Red Shell, but that's it.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Well Sakurai could have taken the Dee toss of King 3DeDe so he could have the waddles in smash run, but that seems like a crazy move to remove just for smash run. I mean King 3DeDe is the king of waddle dees. He commands them. Why take that away from him unless you are adding something REALLY important to smash (Bandana).

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Neither BDee or Smash Run have to do with the removal of Dee toss, is more a buff for the character than anything.
(seriously, why people keep thinking otherwise...)

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Neither BDee or Smash Run have to do with the removal of Dee toss, is more a buff for the character than anything.
seriously, why people keep thinking otherwise...
You can buff a move without removing a part of it, not that weird to see that pov for it.

Though honestly I think Gordo Toss looks way worse now, reflectable and seems to throw slower.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
You can buff a move without removing a part of it, not that weird to see that pov for it.

Though honestly I think Gordo Toss looks way worse now, reflectable and seems to throw slower.
But if it's as powerful as gordos were before...

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Yes but thats the only real reason honestly... cant believe how many actually thought the Dee toss was an obstacle for BDee, i mean, give more credit to the spear dude.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
(seriously, why people keep thinking otherwise...)
That doesn't make any sense to me. You can't argue that they took away from his character to make him stronger...

Top Bottom