• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
Now the skeptics and naysayers can't say he's just a generic Waddle Dee anymore. This guy has gotten the official character stamp! :chuckle:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like something awesome happened!

GET HYPED!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Bandana Waddle De is a mouthful. Gee, you'd hear exasperated panting through the crowd just after a few repeats of his fanfare!

"Bandaaaana! Waddle Dee! Bandaaaana! Waddle Dee! Bandaaaana! Waddle Dee! Bandaaaana! Waddle Dee! Bandan-aaaaaa... Waddle Dee! Ban-aaaaaa haaaaah... Waddle...haaaah...."

If the official English name is anything to go by, it should be referred to by the moniker of Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I just hope that "likes to help his pal Kirby" isn't some cryptic hint he's an Assist Trophy.

But agreed, Bandana Waddle Dee is a mouthful. They might just stick with "Waddle Dee" or something similar.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
We should all get Bandanas on our Avis to celebrate....if only I was good at photoshop lol.

D

Deleted member

Glad for you guys and all, but he's been known as a particular individual since at least Dream Collection in Japan with his "official name" being バンダナワドルディ (Bandanawadorudi; Bandana Waddle Dee).

Though I suppose the same being the case for America as well is still reason to celebrate.

IronFish

Smash Ace
What would this little guys final smash be?
his other moves are obvious, like spinning spear around helicopter style for his up special, or throwing it for his neutral special...
But what would his final smash be now?

Can someone also make a reveal picture for him?

like Orange background and picture of him posing with his spear and it says

"Bandana Dee pokes his way in"

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm... Wasn't expecting such a big celebration over this, but congrats all the same.

I'll add him to my signature too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Glad for you guys and all, but he's been known as a particular individual since at least Dream Collection in Japan with his "official name" being バンダナワドルディ (Bandanawadorudi; Bandana Waddle Dee).

Though I suppose the same being the case for America as well is still reason to celebrate.
Hmm... Wasn't expecting such a big celebration over this, but congrats all the same.

I'll add him to my signature too.
Well, what's not to celebrate? Even if this overall means nothing for Smash, just the fact that his official name comes from the fans is an awesome feeling.

They could've stopped at Waddle Dee. They could've also stopped at Bandana Waddle Dee. But they went the extra mile and said that "look, his full name is Bandana Waddle Dee, but his nickname is Bandana Dee." Bandana Dee being the name the fans gave him.

We care for the little guy, and we are glad Hal cares to. :3

And thankfully this probably won't blow up in any of the fans' faces like Derpy.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
This is so awesome ! I really want him to make it in !

Please Sakurai, one addition I like to make it up for Brawl's newcomers ? *shot*

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
You guys don't know how excited I am! This is the best piece of news all week!

Screw it, Bandana Dee is now my second most wanted newcomer!

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hey Guys! M
What would this little guys final smash be?
his other moves are obvious, like spinning spear around helicopter style for his up special, or throwing it for his neutral special...
But what would his final smash be now?

Can someone also make a reveal picture for him?

like Orange background and picture of him posing with his spear and it says

"Bandana Dee spears his way in"
Fixed XD. I Think Bandana Dee's Final Smash could be one of three choices.
1: Victory Dance! A clumsy version of the traditional Kirby Victory Dance that causes 10% Damage on-contact with 'Dee during the animation.
2: Megaton Punch! Basically the Megaton Punch minigame from Kirby Super Star/Ultra.
3: For the Great King! Bandana Dee causes all the mini-bosses from Kirby Super Star Ultra's Revenge of the King game to charge across the screen akin to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror's intro scene.

For the record, the lines with the ! at the end are the names for the Final Smashes, in case anyone possibly couldn't tell.

We still have one slight problem though.......What of his Side and Down specials? I don't think we've made a "Definitive" choice upon those quite yet.....

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Transforming to Bandana Waddle Doo for final smash haha I like the idea of something megaton punch related and maybe his down special can be something simple like Bowser or Yoshi donw special but with the spear like in Return to Dreamland.

Count me as a suporter for this little guy.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Now I really wish the Waddle Dee in Kirby 64 would be retconned to have a Bandana...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That's always a possibility if they want to tie anything with Kirby 64 in future games. I used to think Bandana and Sailor were the same character until they were shown separated. Like to think Bandana has a penchant for job hoping.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I think he has a chance, but a small one. There's a lot of other characters that are probably higher priority than him. Although his model is usually built straight off of Kirby's (he has the same idle animation as Kirby in RTDL) so he is usually painless to implement into games, so he has that going for him!

To make him an original fighter, they could make him sort of the Waddle Dee army commander where his moveset revolves around briefly summoning Waddle Dees (just for attack animations, not like extra characters like Nana) to attack foes. To make him feel like a swarm leader character. I figure there must be a reason to replace WDs with Gordos, and it could be to remove confusion with the new Waddle Dee character(s). Or they can just use generic spear fighting.

Only thing stoppping me from 100% being sure eh'ed be in is that I'm not sure he's a big enough character to stand against the likes of Mario, Link, etc. He's like the sidekick of a character who isn't the main character. Kind of a stretch, but STILL possible since that character that he's the sidekick of is the main villain.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I think he has a chance, but a small one. There's a lot of other characters that are probably higher priority than him. Although his model is usually built straight off of Kirby's (he has the same idle animation as Kirby in RTDL) so he is usually painless to implement into games, so he has that going for him!

To make him an original fighter, they could make him sort of the Waddle Dee army commander where his moveset revolves around briefly summoning Waddle Dees (just for attack animations, not like extra characters like Nana) to attack foes. To make him feel like a swarm leader character. I figure there must be a reason to replace WDs with Gordos, and it could be to remove confusion with the new Waddle Dee character(s). Or they can just use generic spear fighting.

Only thing stoppping me from 100% being sure eh'ed be in is that I'm not sure he's a big enough character to stand against the likes of Mario, Link, etc. He's like the sidekick of a character who isn't the main character. Kind of a stretch, but STILL possible since that character that he's the sidekick of is the main villain.
He knows how to spear-copter; that's pretty original in my book.

Also, he's pretty much the only viable modern character for Kirby these days, and the fact that he's named Bandana Dee now is proof they're listening.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Good luck :x
It always has depended on what sakurai wants to do, chances never has changed for him so yeah, good luck :x

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Well, at least he is bigger than Greninja XD ...IMO.
And he is not only the sidekick of the main villain, he is also one of the four main characters of the franchise.
It's like the Bowser Jr. of Kirby, even a little more important if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

I'm not this guy's biggest supporter, but why the fact that it's Sakurai's game not in the OP?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well, at least he is bigger than Greninja XD ...IMO.
And he is not only the sidekick of the main villain, he is also one of the four main characters of the franchise.
It's like the Bowser Jr. of Kirby, even a little more important if you ask me.
I'd say he's more like the Toad of Kirby, but Toad>BD in terms of importance IMHO since BD just started to pick up speed.
At least he has an official name now, though. We shall rejoice, I think! o uo
One argument down, few to go. BD deserves a pat on the back though. *pat pat*
He went from
"nameless"
|
|
|
|
\/
"named"
Any improvement is good, yes?
Still, though, I don't think we should think his chances rose SO higher though, because Kirby TD was announced after the roster was finalized, I think. Still, they could had raised; just see Greninja. Just my 2 cents!
Though, this could be called a stepping point. One step further! cx

Top Bottom