• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys, what do you think about Meta Knight's reveal? Can he be revealed on the American release date of Triple Deluxe?

Ugh, for some reason this question was hard to write for me XD, sorry for the grammar, I'm tired XD

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Do you see Sakurai revealing 4 Kirby characters before release? I don't. I just wish Sakurai would tell use which of the current characters announced will be unlockable. The whole 4 Pokemon characters announced with 1 used to be unlockable, and one newcomer messes up with my prediction :/

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sure, they're enemies

But they don't have a kickin' Bandanna so that's why they're lowly enemies.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe...

but Waddle Dees are already confirmed as enemies in Smash Run.

I want to believe...
Well, R.O.B was an enemy, AND a character. Besides, like Neo Zero said, they don't have bandanas. In KRTDL Bandana Dee beats the **** out of his own kind.

D

Deleted member

Do you see Sakurai revealing 4 Kirby characters before release?
I don't see this happening. I can see Bandana Dee be more of a secret character in my opinion.

I want to believe...

but Waddle Dees are already confirmed as enemies in Smash Run.

I want to believe...
They're enemies, but Bandana Dee isn't. He still has a chance. Also, R.O.B.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Was he ever called Bandana Dee in the games? I'm pretty sure he wasn't.
Here is the thing. In english, he is called Waddle Dee. In Japan, his name translates to Bandana Waddle Dee. In theory, Sakurai could easily change his name to something along the lines of Bandana Dee.

There is one thing thing though. I don't think we have any confirmation on what his name is in the english version of Triple Deluxe While I personally don't have any hopes it would change, it would be cool. Hal does love fanservice.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't see this happening. I can see Bandana Dee be more of a secret character in my opinion.

They're enemies, but Bandana Dee isn't. He still has a chance. Also, R.O.B.
Well, R.O.B was an enemy, AND a character. Besides, like Neo Zero said, they don't have bandanas. In KRTDL Bandana Dee beats the **** out of his own kind.
R.O.B. is our Jesus: A special scapegoat.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well. We already established that Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees can co-exist. Though, and I don't know if you meant to, but I see Bandana Dee is actually slightly reder then the other Waddle Dees. Could potentially help him out even more since it proves even further he isn't a typical Waddle Dee.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well. We already established that Bandana Dee and Waddle Dees can co-exist. Though, and I don't know if you meant to, but I see Bandana Dee is actually slightly reder then the other Waddle Dees. Could potentially help him out even more since it proves even further he isn't a typical Waddle Dee.
This was in response to the people saying that Waddle Dees disconfirmed him. I'm well aware that he's quite different.

Neo Zero

Huh, never noticed he was as Red as Waddle Doo over there....maybe the Bandanna isn't the only thing he's wearing....Dun Dun Dun

Btw I love how Gordo is photo bombing over there.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
New to this thread. Maybe a shallow reason to include him but he's so cute! and well I love the Kirby series as a whole.
I've always disliked the slots argument. I mean where do people are getting that rule from anyway? so arbitrary
And they could change his name to something more catchy that separates him from other generic Waddle Dees like possibly 'Blue Dee', who knows.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think one of my main reasons for wanting Bandana Dee myself is due to the cuteness factor.

Yeah, I don't like the whole "slots" thing myself. and his name is offically Bandana Waddle Dee, or BWD for short. or Bandana Dee.
I'm just gonna leave the welcome to one of the founders of the Bandana Brigade.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Must've been that Bomb Kirby. :troll:
Bomb is my favorite copy ability.

Anyway, I've been thinking. While people are probably right in that the Waddle Dee toss being changed to Gordo toss doesn't really improve his chances, I don't think people realize it's importance.

The thing is it is now almost impossible for Bandana Dee to be Toad 2.0. There is not a single move that he could be a part of with King Dedede...except maybe his Final Smash but I don't think Sakurai would do that when Masked Dedede is a thing.

Really, I don't see why people keep calling him Toad 2.0 when he can't be. I mean really, the biggest argument against him has barely any ammo left and they STILL use it. :/

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Bomb is my favorite copy ability.

Anyway, I've been thinking. While people are probably right in that the Waddle Dee toss being changed to Gordo toss doesn't really improve his chances, I don't think people realize it's importance.

The thing is it is now almost impossible for Bandana Dee to be Toad 2.0. There is not a single move that he could be a part of with King Dedede...except maybe his Final Smash but I don't think Sakurai would do that when Masked Dedede is a thing.

Really, I don't see why people keep calling him Toad 2.0 when he can't be. I mean really, the biggest argument against him has barely any ammo left and they STILL use it. :/
ikr? i mean toad isn't even deconfirmed why do people say he is?
Back on topic, no, I don't think MK can be revealed on May 2nd. If anyone does get revealed there, then it might as well be Wario for MGWT. We already got a character for it in JP, another but for NA would be silly.
And in my opinion, I don't think his chances rose AT ALL. Yeah, Dees aren't a move anymore. But they're enemies now. Surprise. It's just like the same Waddle Dees just took up a new job. Waddle Dees are still in as something higher than a sticker/trophy, so I
don't think his chances rose at all. Plus, it'd be odd to shoot Waddle Dees.... at Waddle Dees? Odd and confusing, cx.

And there's always changable movesets, so...

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah, Dees aren't a move anymore. But they're enemies now. Surprise. It's just like the same Waddle Dees just took up a new job. Waddle Dees are still in as something higher than a sticker/trophy, so I
don't think his chances rose at all. Plus, it'd be odd to shoot Waddle Dees.... at Waddle Dees?
Really now? You do realize if you just look up from your post you'd see how wrong that entire argument is? I mean really, it is still entirely possible that Bandana Dee can fight other Waddle Dees.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Really now? You do realize if you just look up from your post you'd see how wrong that entirely argument is? I mean really, it is still entirely possible that Bandana Dee can fight other Waddle Dees.
I'm not saying it's impossible for Bandana Dee to fight other Dees, I'm saying it'd be REALLY odd/confusing if you threw Waddle Dees at a Waddle Dee, and how the Dees getting removed from DDD's moveset but becoming an enemy is like them getting a new job, and it doesn't affect their chances. My argument isn't wrong; it's an opinion. It WOULD get confusing to throw Waddle Dees at each other. Another example could be this: let's say Peach's B move was replaced by Perry and Toad(s) were a background element running around in Smash Run. His chances wouldn't had been raised/lowered. Why? Because Toad is a species and already had a job before. That would be exactly like this situation. BD *technically* is a species minus the bandana but hasn't had a job in Smash before (but waddle dees did and still do).

Neo Zero

I'm not saying it's impossible for Bandana Dee to fight other Dees, I'm saying it'd be REALLY odd/confusing if you threw Waddle Dees at a Waddle Dee, and how the Dees getting removed from DDD's moveset but becoming an enemy is like them getting a new job, and it doesn't affect their chances. My argument isn't wrong; it's an opinion. It WOULD get confusing to throw Waddle Dees at each other. Another example could be this: let's say Peach's B move was replaced by Perry and Toad(s) were a background element running around in Smash Run. His chances wouldn't had been raised/lowered. Why? Because Toad is a species and already had a job before. That would be exactly like this situation. BD *technically* is a species minus the bandana but hasn't had a job in Smash before (but waddle dees did and still do).
Let's make him the new announcer

BD:.....

Maikou

Smash Ace
I know this may not be directly related to BD, but......I must share this with you all:
The internet has offically won guys...........
and I'm pretty sure this was made by somebody hyping from the Direct itself........or just a tribute to Melee in general, but still awesome.
Sorry for this randomness, but I couldn't resist sharing it with you all....

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I know this may not be directly related to BD, but......I must share this with you all:
and I'm pretty sure this was made by somebody hyping from the Direct itself........or just a tribute to Melee in general, but still awesome.
:laugh::joyful::laugh:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
there are times I love the internet, and there are times I hate the internet.
this is one of those moments where I love it for its amazing work

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My stomach is hurting from how much I laughed. Oh brother... :rotfl:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Anything from Brawl technically shouldn't affect Bandana Waddle Dee at all; the game where he gained popularity came out 2 years after it. Also, while it would be confusing to throw Waddle Dees at other Waddle Dees, Sakurai could of just as easily made the Smash Run Waddle Dees to have bandanas, or sailor hats. He didn't though, as far as we can see, so this should affect Bandana Dee's chances positively; because it's not about what Sakurai did do (mostly), it's about what he didn't do; and what he hasn't done is make Bandana Dee a enemy with a spear in Smash Run.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Anything from Brawl technically shouldn't affect Bandana Waddle Dee at all; the game where he gained popularity came out 2 years after it. Also, while it would be confusing to throw Waddle Dees at other Waddle Dees, Sakurai could of just as easily made the Smash Run Waddle Dees to have bandanas, or sailor hats. He didn't though, as far as we can see, so this should affect Bandana Dee's chances positively; because it's not about what Sakurai did do (mostly), it's about what he didn't do; and what he hasn't done is make Bandana Dee a enemy with a spear in Smash Run.
Actually, things from Brawl should, because they can happen again (ex: How Ridley might be boss, a Toad being in a movesetm etc.), but they shouldn't affect too much. IMO though It shouldn't affect his chances at all, because Waddle Dees just moved from moveset to smash run enemy. They're still there, but moved positions basically. His chances haven't raised or lowered because the WDs aren't gone, they're just enemies now. They still have a job in Smash, and now they're basically part of Smash Run's moveset instead of DDD's.

If you think one of WD's positions deconfirms him/lowers his chances, then you MUST think that with the other one, because they're basically the EXACT same. If you still think they raised, then you must think that in this situation too:
Toad is out of Peach's moveset and is replaced by Perry. However, in SR, Toad(s) are background elements running around, like in Adventure of Melee. That's basically the exact thing here. If you think that situation deconfirms Toad, then the WD in SR must deconfirm Bandana Dee too. I respect your opinion though, but by the way I'm explaining it/typing it, it may not sound like I do, TBH cx.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
Actually, things from Brawl should, because they can happen again (ex: How Ridley might be boss, a Toad being in a movesetm etc.), but they shouldn't affect too much. IMO though It shouldn't affect his chances at all, because Waddle Dees just moved from moveset to smash run enemy. They're still there, but moved positions basically. His chances haven't raised or lowered because the WDs aren't gone, they're just enemies now. They still have a job in Smash, and now they're basically part of Smash Run's moveset instead of DDD's.

If you think one of WD's positions deconfirms him/lowers his chances, then you MUST think that with the other one, because they're basically the EXACT same. If you still think they raised, then you must think that in this situation too:
Toad is out of Peach's moveset and is replaced by Perry. However, in SR, Toad(s) are background elements running around, like in Adventure of Melee. That's basically the exact thing here. If you think that situation deconfirms Toad, then the WD in SR must deconfirm Bandana Dee too. I respect your opinion though, but by the way I'm explaining it/typing it, it may not sound like I do, TBH cx.
I see your point, but Toads has been shown to be able to take 2 roles in one game; he was both a background character AND a special. So far, Waddle Dees have only appeared in one area per game, and none have been as red as Bandana Dee to confuse the two on the 3ds. Besides, we still have no word on the Wii U about them being enemies, so it is a very slight reassurance that Bandana Dee still has a chance. Most of your points I do agree with, however, like it shouldn't help him too much.

Top Bottom