• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
Oh, I only mean Ash from Season one. That series is complete, and a very well crafted program because they were not trying to extend the series beyond belief with unnecessary side quests (just a few, to actually grow), it has an actual arc and development.

I think Bandana Dee needs to be given a name in the next Kirby game; its Sakurai's baby, he can decide to simply to make him better seen as an individual in SSB.

Fred, anyone?
Honestly, I'm just annoyed that the recent series isn't willing to let Ash beat his rival before the league or defeat a gym leader on the first try without making some damn excuse as why he should lose when it's bullcrap to do so. if Ash had balancing problems, how did he ever get to the Indigo League, Johto Silver Confrence, Hoenn League, Sinnoh League, and Unova League?! Fletching was over powered when Ash caught it, so what, did the Poke Ball just un-over power it? bullcrap.

anyway, since Yoshi's been reconfirmed I can get my full focus on Bandana Dee now.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ Maikou Maikou

Ash also resets at ten years old, and we have literally seen more days pass then that (not to to mention, with the number of episodes there are, if each was even one day, he would be... what... 14?) obviously Ash is traded in by Alien Clefairy every league.

In regards to Bandana Dee, does anyone know when that next Kirby game comes out, and how prevalent he is supposed to be

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
This direct was the first good thing that happened in a long while. Not only did we get Yoshi, much better than what he looked like in Brawl, but Zelda is now separated from Sheik and has a new down B, and ZSS is so much better ! Wow, I already liked her in Brawl and PM, but I think I might actually prefer this one since she doesn't have a tether recovery and seems to focus on kicks. Plus Charizard is still in.

And...this direct didn't hurt Waddle Dee's chances at all ! I really smiled when I saw that Dedede was only throwing Gordos !

By the way, why do people talk about Sakurai's 'modesty' ? I never felt he was very 'modest' when it came to the SSB series. In Brawl, his characters were always in the spotlight,and the grid was very reminiscent of Kirby Air Ride. Now in this game, for the 3DS, we have another mode completely based on Kirby Air Ride's City Trial (or whatever it's actually called). I really don't see humbleness (not that he should have any, just saying). Especially with Palutena being considered a shoe-in at this point, and him 'reviving' the Kid Icarus series. Yes, because Kid Icarus is far from outdone in thegetting love department.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Sakurai didn't want to over represent his own series on 64 and Melee. King Dedede was planned to be in both, but he didn't make it because of Sakurai's modesty.

The next Kirby game would be Triple Deluxe, which comes out May 2nd. Bandana Dee shows up in a few stages to toss items to Kirby.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Sakurai didn't want to over represent his own series on 64 and Melee. King Dedede was planned to be in both, but he didn't make it because of Sakurai's modesty.

The next Kirby game would be Triple Deluxe, which comes out May 2nd. Bandana Dee shows up in a few stages to toss items to Kirby.
also smash 64 and melee were very busy

Bandanna Dee is still really up in the air, but I think he's making at least SOME sort of appearance.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I get the feeling the whole "Sakurai's Modesty" thing is actually a thing of the past. Dude's made three awesome Smash games, and is held in huge regard at Nintendo.

Anyone would become a little less modest and a bit more filled with pride after such praise.

That said; BWD's got a decent shot. With Toad ****ed I can at least root for my second favourite battle butler.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't believe that Sakurai is modest... but maybe he is a bit biased? Look at the content and attention Kid Icarus is getting. I think that his modesty is a thing of the past.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We still in this peeps. No "Toad" situation here. Worst case scenario is Smash Run enemy.

D

Deleted member

Doubt that. Although he could be an AT, which would sting, but at least he'd be there. Still going to hold the faith that he'll be our next surprise. ;)
A true surprise is something that no one saw coming. At this rate, anything that doesn't seem completely out of left-field to 99% of us (Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, y'know) wouldn't surprise me. But yeah, Bandanna Dee is still in the game. Going to be interesting to see if Sakurai actually gets a fourth Kirby character on there...

D

Deleted member

Doubt that. Although he could be an AT, which would sting, but at least he'd be there. Still going to hold the faith that he'll be our next surprise. ;)
Hopefully Meta Knight will get confirmed next month. If Bandana Dee is indeed playable, then it's possible that we will see his trailer in a Direct (not E3, however) when Meta Knight is confirmed. I would be shocked if Bandana Dee got confirmed before Meta Knight.

A true surprise is something that no one saw coming. At this rate, anything that doesn't seem completely out of left-field to 99% of us (Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, y'know) wouldn't surprise me. But yeah, Bandanna Dee is still in the game. Going to be interesting to see if Sakurai actually gets a fourth Kirby character on there...
People will still consider Bandana Dee out of left-field regardless if he is expected or not. The only true ones were Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja.
I can see Sakurai add a fourth Kirby character to be honest. While I am not confident in his chances (30%), I add him to my rosters. I can see him happening, really. I won't be surprised if he made it yet won't be surprised if he didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So. Palutena, Bandana Dee, and K. Rool have all had their chances greatly boosted by this.

Fire Emblem and Star Fox have remained mysteriously untouched. Both have their main star and all their items/assists revealed. I sense a nasty shake-up yet again. What in the world is going on with Sakurai?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So. Palutena, Bandana Dee, and K. Rool have all had their chances greatly boosted by this.

Fire Emblem and Star Fox have remained mysteriously untouched. Both have their main star and all their items/assists revealed. I sense a nasty shake-up yet again. What in the world is going on with Sakurai?
Common sense, and better roster representation for the series'. I don't think Fire Emblem really should get more than two anyway.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't think Meta Knight should and or would be revealed next month. Sakurai already revealed King DDD for the Japan release of KTD. Why advertise a game that you've already advertised with a character? Why advertise that game by showing not one, but TWO characters? It'd be like getting Falco for a Star Fox anniversary in Japan, but then also getting Wolf for the same game but in NA? That's kinda silly IMHO.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
After the direct ended, and I saw that Gordo is the ONLY part of King Dedede's side-B, All I can say now is...BANDANA DEE ALL THE WAY, BABY!:grin: (And no, I don't believe that just because Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run, that means Bandana Dee is de-confirmed and out of the running just like that. Heck, in my (personal) opinion, I think he has just as much of a chance as Palutena does with the way things are going at the moment.)

Maikou

Smash Ace
he probably will. by the way everyone, I should mention I also have multiple other possible (and very likely) newcomers (and veterans) I'm supporting in other threads. just thought I should mention that. :)

D

Deleted member

He's basically back thanks to the Halberd returning.
1. THANK GOD! That was my favorite stage in Brawl! I wanted to see it get an HD makeover.
2. One thing that's fishy to me is that besides items and characters like Kirby and King Dedede (and later Meta Knight), Kirby doesn't have any other content. Kirby doesn't have any new stages that are on the 3DS and Wii U versions...

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've got a good feeling about Bandana Dee. I think he's pretty likely.

BTW, I support.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Something I noticed in the Direct was that Dedede was addressed as "Great King" Dedede. Sounds familiar, huh?

Maybe I'm just looking to deep? :p

Maikou

Smash Ace
Hmm......well we all know that Bandana Dee refers to Dedede as "great king" rather than using his name. either that, or using "sir" on the occasion.

This may or may not hint at Bandana Dee......but we know how Sakurai loves to troll. (especially with that Samus portion of the direct)

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
It is sooooo frustrating not being able to say anything in rate their chances about him... I just want to tell some of these people the truth about their arguments.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I think without a doubt he'll be the Kirby newcomer, if there is one. Knuckle Joe certainly isn't. :p

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
It is sooooo frustrating not being able to say anything in rate their chances about him... I just want to tell some of these people the truth about their arguments.
I didn't know andimidna was so against Bandana Dee, but apparently he/she is.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating, a guy is saying, literally, that Bandana Dee will not be in the game because Toad is deconfirmed, WAT?, seriously?, I even have that argument in the part of bad arguments in the OP! XD

But, well, we need to stay calm, Groose needs to be proud! XDD

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating, a guy is saying, literally, that Bandana Dee will not be in the game because Toad is deconfirmed, WAT?, seriously?, I even have that argument in the part of bad arguments in the OP! XD

But, well, we need to stay calm, Groose needs to be proud! XDD
That's kinda stupid TBH. It's like saying "oh well Palutena DECONFIRMED bcuz we have zelda she magic they both magic they both can't be in". What makes it worse is how Toad isn't all that deconfirmed because he's a species. Yeah. Toad is a move. And? That Toad is Toad #32854932854930. The Toad we want is Toad #1. tbh i hate when people disregard that fact though. Toad is not deconfirmed
Honestly though, I can't wait to see Toad/Bandana Dee in action. The sidekicks of Nintendo. quq number1wish!makeithappensakuraiPL0X
Can anyone else not wait for KTD? It'd be refreshing to get a new Kirby game. The last one was in 2011/2012, I think. That's too long! :c
I have literally avoided EVERYTHING (besides the final boss music) for the surprises. Kirby Music is da bomb though. I love music with no lyrics; it's just relaxing. cx

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something I noticed in the Direct was that Dedede was addressed as "Great King" Dedede. Sounds familiar, huh?

Maybe I'm just looking to deep? :p
Whether it's significant or not depends on whether Sakurai said it or "Great" was added by the translator, though the latter seems unlikely. Still, I don't think it matters much.

Anyways, finished RtDL today. I had a blast with the multiplayer. Sadly, my want for Bandana Dee didn't jump as I expected it to, since I ended up using Dedede and Meta Knight a lot more.

That said, his abilities in the game just write out the moveset by themselves. Very little imagination is needed. My want for him is at 70-80%, I'd say.

Top Bottom