• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Gordo's only for Dedede's side-b.

I'd still be shocked if Waddle Dee was included, but you can't ignore that fact!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Gordo's only for Dedede's side-b.

I'd still be shocked if Waddle Dee was included, but you can't ignore that fact!
Well it's hard to say if waddle dees are truly out of his move-set with all these new custom specials, we might see a variation that dose use waddle dees.

GAH!!!! This just makes everything more confusing!!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say it's one step forward one step back.

Forward: No longer an attack
Back: Is an enemy

Back to where we were before I'd say. Still looking out for that bandana.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Now that Kirby has a new Final Smash, and Dedede has the Gordo Toss... Things are really looking up!

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I'm certain Bandana Waddle Dee is in the game in some form when Kirby's Return to Dreamland gets a reference and Dedede isn't using him as a weapon. So I'm guessing he's either an Assist Trophy, a background character in a stage, or playable.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
The main thing hindering Bandana Dee is the missing Meta Knight. Other than that, a lot of goods things. Kirby FS being from RTD and King Dedede's Gordo toss (lol@all those comments saying that Bandana Dee would be apart of the toss) and to a lesser extent Knuckle Joe returning as an AT. Even though Waddle Dees are enemies - Bandana Dee is a separate character like he doesn't even use parasols at all in his moveset. Of course, Bandana Dee could be a boss or AT... or even Magolor could get in over him.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna say, today's direct was AWESOME! Seriously I can't wait for Smash 3DS! I love what Sakurai's doing! it's almost unreal! Kirby's new final Smash, Dedede's moveset change, CUSTOM MOVESETS! Smash Run! For Fun Online! FOR THE GLORY ONLINE! YOSHI IS BACK AND IS BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE! I HAVE ALL I NEED!
GIMME GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW SMASH! CHARIZARD AND GRENINJA! SAMUS UPDATED! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy!

I think Bandana Dee's chances are better now! :D
Yeah He no longer has Toad-itis. This does confirmed Knuckle Joe(who was kinda a little bit of competition) and Gordo. I could definitely see BDee as a DLC when the wii u finaly comes out or later (with some other characters too maybe)

Maikou

Smash Ace
I am so outragiously happy right now! Yoshi is reconfirmed and better than ever, and Bandana Dee's chances have risen high! Bandana Dee might just be confirmed! Pessimists, disband now, the negatives are almost nullified now!

Plus Zero Suit Samus's new moveset revolving more around her kicks and flips more than her laser whip. plus her design is AWESOME! And Greninja! so epic! Charizard on his own! Custom moves guys! a new adventurish mode! Casual AND competitive online play! Smash 4 could NOT be shaping up any better at this point! :D

LF2K

Floor Diver
It just sucks the Wii U version won't be out for a while. But, the 3DS version will give us the full character roster!

D

Deleted member

It just sucks the Wii U version won't be out for a while. But, the 3DS version will give us the full character roster!
Unless Sakurai won't give us the full roster until the 3DS version is released.
I hope that we know the full roster before then.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I am so outragiously happy right now! Yoshi is reconfirmed and better than ever, and Bandana Dee's chances have risen high! Bandana Dee might just be confirmed! Pessimists, disband now, the negatives are almost nullified now!

Plus Zero Suit Samus's new moveset revolving more around her kicks and flips more than her laser whip. plus her design is AWESOME! And Greninja! so epic! Charizard on his own! Custom moves guys! a new adventurish mode! Casual AND competitive online play! Smash 4 could NOT be shaping up any better at this point! :D
This is just...perfect! :D

LF2K

Floor Diver
Or if he's part of Dedede's Final Smash.

Not gonna lie, I dreaded to see if Waddle Dee turned up during the Assist Trophy segment.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah He no longer has Toad-itis. This does confirmed Knuckle Joe(who was kinda a little bit of competition) and Gordo. I could definitely see BDee as a DLC when the wii u finaly comes out or later (with some other characters too maybe)
toad has many lookalikes, that one toad is toad number 1289478. nah, just playing cx.
This direct wasn't too appealing for me TBH. I don't like how he revealed Charizard solo and made Greninja playable. Pokemon now has FOUR reps. There's like 6 other ones that kinda need to be added (other kalos starters, because only adding greninja REALLY isn't fair, they should've just been kalos trainer, there's mewtwo, sceptile, ivysaur, and squirtle.), but on the bright side, Bandana Dee's chances rose, so I guess that's okay. I don't really care about the seperate transforms, and the moveset thing seems cool but we need more info, and I'm not one to go online all that much. Around 5% sad on the Tom Nook deconfirm, though, he would had been funny, cx.

On the bright side, though since pokemon will probably get 6 reps Mario will 1000000% get a 6th and it'll be Toad4sure
Really liking how Bandana Dee might actually be in, though. Really wanna see Tingle vs Toad vs Bandana Dee vs Tails, sidekick theme! cx
(who's the sidekick in zelda?)

D

Deleted member

Or if he's part of Dedede's Final Smash.

Not gonna lie, I dreaded to see if Waddle Dee turned up during the Assist Trophy segment.
Hmm... I can see his Final Smash stay the same, change slightly so that Gordos attack, or have his Final Smash be entirely revamped to Masked Dedede.

I can honestly see Bandana Dee be an Assist Trophy, but it's still refreshing to see him not be confirmed to be one.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
My condolences to the Waddle Dee supporters...-
Wait.
Am I the only one that noticed he was a generic enemy on Smash Run?!

How come NOBODY is talking about this?
Guys...
I'm sorry...
But just a couple minutes after we found out Waddle Dee Throw was gone, Waddle Dees were seen parachuting on the Smash Run 3ds game.
... Sorry.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Those are Parasol Waddle Dees. The Waddle Dee we're supporting wields a spear and is King Dedede's sidekick.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Wait.

Guys...
I'm sorry...
But just a couple minutes after we found out Waddle Dee Throw was gone, Waddle Dees were seen parachuting on the Smash Run 3ds game.
... Sorry.
ROB confirmed for not playable in Brawl, then. Oh, wait...

Yeah, they mean nothing. Heck, we already said the throw wouldn't be affecting us before, so why is this instance different now?

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
in his own franchise, he's known for ****ing up his own kind

killing some waddle dee's would be nothing more than an ordinairy day for him.

If someone got out beter out of this direct, it's bandana dee

D

Deleted member

in his own franchise, he's known for ****ing up his own kind

killing some waddle dee's would be nothing more than an ordinairy day for him.

If someone got out beter out of this direct, it's bandana dee
And other characters like King K. Rool, Palutena, and maybe Shulk.

Wait.

Guys...
I'm sorry...
... Sorry.
I think that you are grasping for straws at this point.
The Waddle Dees in there were Parasol Waddle Dees, NOT Bandana Dee. He is still a contender for Smash and he is going to get disconfirmed if he becomes an Assist Trophy or stage element.

andimidna

Smash Master
ROB confirmed for not playable in Brawl, then. Oh, wait...
You're comparing a statue to THIS??
Weak.
Yeah, they mean nothing. Heck, we already said the throw wouldn't be affecting us before, so why is this instance different now?
If he was in the throw, he would be deconfirmed.
And "not affecting his chances"?!
Look at all the posts above mine!
They all say him not there improves his chances! So that is a biased lie!
Those are Parasol Waddle Dees. The Waddle Dee we're supporting wields a spear and is King Dedede's sidekick.
Oh, please...
It's like Toad/blue Toad/Captain Toad all over again...

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
if you do not agree with the idea of a playable spear wealding Waddle dee

then what the **** are you doing here?

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Please point out the Waddle Dee wearing the blue bandana wielding a spear in Smash Run. Just because Parasol Waddle Dees are there does not mean Bandana Dee is deconfirmed. He is separate from the rest of his species. (That's like saying that Kirby isn't any different from all the other Kirby species since the only thing that differentiates him is the fact that he's pink.)
The Waddle Dee toss was a big reason that people said that Bandana Dee didn't have any chance. Sakurai changing it to Gordos only and drawing attention to it raises Bandana Dee's chances, I would think.

Anyway the Halberd is returning on the Wii U version... Meta Knight is coming soon hopefully.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Looks like the Return to Dream Land quartet may just be a reality! But only time will tell.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, bandana was safe from that end... to me is very sad lose that move, dee toss was one of the techniques i did for DDD back in the day (inspired in K64), i love it so much.

Just gordos is just meh, and we dont have the random capsules neither ;_;

LF2K

Floor Diver
I really want to see what Dedede's Final Smash is. Kirby got a nice new shiny one.

Oh, and Pit's new one certainly helped Palutena'a chances

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
You Know i first was sad too that i wouldn't get my 3x Dedede Waddle dee throw party vs Bandana Dee now if he's in.

but then i saw the possibility of ****ing up some waddle dees with bandana dee in the smash run mode. I was happy again

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
You're comparing a statue to THIS??
Weak.
... I'm referring to the ROB enemies in the Subspace Emissary.

Y'know, how in the Brawl days, people were saying how ROB was disconfirmed due to being a generic enemy? Still ended up playable. Did you forget the whole "Ancient Minister" Plot?

This is pretty much the exact same situation.[/quote]

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Can I just say that the naysayers are out of ideas now? seriously. Parasol Dee and BANDANA SPEAR-WIELDING WADDLE DEE are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Saying a Parasol Dee in Smash Run decomfirms our Dee is like saying a blue or red Yoshi in the background deconfirms Yoshi instantaneously. it's just a stupid argument. Yoshi is a unique Yoshi with a generic color, Toad is a unique Toad with a generic color.

Bandana Dee has a blue bandana, Spear skills above normal 'Dees, endurance almost equal to Kirby, infinite jumping powers, has had a speaking appearance, and important role in the stories of TWO GAMES. that's above generic if ever anything was. in fact, as much as it pains me to say it, Bandana Dee is the MOST UNIQUE of the three Uniques-withing-Generics I've spoken about here. Bandana Dee has a visual signal that no other Dee has to show he's ours. THE Yoshi and THE Toad don't. Bandana Dee has special skills above that of the rest of his kind. THE Yoshi and THE Toad don't. Bandana Dee has had importance in plot AND a speaking appearance, something the rest of his kind simply cannot say, even with the best of best of lies. Bandana Dee has a personality unlike that of his kind, just like THE Yoshi and THE Toad.

CASE CLOSED, BANDANA DEE ISN'T GENERIC AND HIS KIND UNLESS MARKED BY A BLUE BANDANA DO NOTHING TO LOWER HIS CHANCES.

Maikou

Smash Ace
*looks at comments on Nintendo Direct*
*rages on YouTube for an hour*
WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST BE HAPPY YOU ARE ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DEMANDING WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE AND WON'T GET!!!!?
Seriously, can you believe this? all people are doing is complaining that they didn't get FREAKING MEWTWO and DEMANDING their own characters, and WHY IS THAT ONE GUY STILL DEMANDING THE FREAKING POWERPUFF GIRLS?!?! UGH!

I'm sick of it! nobody's happy about this and I'm seriously ticked off! Sakurai and his team are working their tailbones off for this game and all everyone's doing is complaining they didn't get who they wanted in the reveals! ugh! can't just say, "Oh, I wanted this guy, but I didn't get him and got this awesome guy here, so I'll give him a chance and be fair." no, it's "I DEMAND THIS AND THAT AND I WON'T BUY THE GAME IF I DON'T GET EXACTLY WHAT I WANT! YOU SUX1111111111!!ONEONEONEONEONEONEONE1!1"

Honestly with attitudes like that we might as well not even be getting the game. we might not get Bandana Dee, but at least we aren't gonna just not get the game for one teeny tiny little detail being off! right?? ......right?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
*looks at comments on Nintendo Direct*
*rages on YouTube for an hour*
WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST BE HAPPY YOU ARE ACTUALLY GETTING SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DEMANDING WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE AND WON'T GET!!!!?
Seriously, can you believe this? all people are doing is complaining that they didn't get FREAKING MEWTWO and DEMANDING their own characters, and WHY IS THAT ONE GUY STILL DEMANDING THE FREAKING POWERPUFF GIRLS?!?! UGH!

I'm sick of it! nobody's happy about this and I'm seriously ticked off! Sakurai and his team are working their tailbones off for this game and all everyone's doing is complaining they didn't get who they wanted in the reveals! ugh! can't just say, "Oh, I wanted this guy, but I didn't get him and got this awesome guy here, so I'll give him a chance and be fair." no, it's "I DEMAND THIS AND THAT AND I WON'T BUY THE GAME IF I DON'T GET EXACTLY WHAT I WANT! YOU SUX1111111111!!ONEONEONEONEONEONEONE1!1"

Honestly with attitudes like that we might as well not even be getting the game. we might not get Bandana Dee, but at least we aren't gonna just not get the game for one teeny tiny little detail being off! right?? ......right?
I will still buy the game but... no Mewtwo... no Ridley... no Ivysaur...

Top Bottom