• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
This is what I think!
But some people think Palutena would decrease Bandana Dee's chances, oh well... XD

And also, cogratulations for Luigi's new Final Smash!

The only characters I really want are Bandana Dee, Bomberman and Pichu :D
YAY! Friend you! Char!

Pichu is my favorite Smash-only character! (he's a character exclusive to Smash, like Jigglypuff. they are basically not based on any one pokemon from the anime and are therefore unique characters made just for Smash) plus he has the epic blue goggles and adorable blue scarf and is squeal worthy adorable and stuff.....I just love Pichu! oh, and he made Volt Tackle before Volt Tackle was Volt Tackle. take that logic! char!
I want Bandana Dee, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Chrom the most... Don't hate on Chrom.
please, I like Chrom. honestly Fire Emblem needs more characters. just like Kirby and Metroid. oh and Yoshi needs an actual series and not the Adventures of Baby Mario *with sidekick Yoshi being there for no reason but plot convenience* being retitled into the stupid "Yoshi's Island" games that don't even actually use the island. seriously, where's Yoshi's REAL series?! Char!?

Though to be plain honest I think a better character than Chrom would be the Fire Emblem Awakening avatar/Robin with the default equipment for the character you have at the start/in the demo (I've only played the demo: no money to buy the real game and I don't want spoilers online). the magic tome he/she uses would add uniqueness since very few of the cast actually use real magic (Zelda, Ness, Lucas. I'm convinced Peach uses devices to float), plus adding another swordsman to the roster, and ending the dang chain of Lords we seem to have for the Fire Emblem franchise...geez, three already after only two games in the series with Fire Emblem characters? as for between the male and the female, char..... Wii Fit Trainer has both male and female counterparts, so why the heck not?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
YAY! Friend you! Char!

Pichu is my favorite Smash-only character! (he's a character exclusive to Smash, like Jigglypuff. they are basically not based on any one pokemon from the anime and are therefore unique characters made just for Smash) plus he has the epic blue goggles and adorable blue scarf and is squeal worthy adorable and stuff.....I just love Pichu! oh, and he made Volt Tackle before Volt Tackle was Volt Tackle. take that logic! char!

please, I like Chrom. honestly Fire Emblem needs more characters. just like Kirby and Metroid. oh and Yoshi needs an actual series and not the Adventures of Baby Mario *with sidekick Yoshi being there for no reason but plot convenience* being retitled into the stupid "Yoshi's Island" games that don't even actually use the island. seriously, where's Yoshi's REAL series?! Char!?

Though to be plain honest I think a better character than Chrom would be the Fire Emblem Awakening avatar/Robin with the default equipment for the character you have at the start/in the demo (I've only played the demo: no money to buy the real game and I don't want spoilers online). the magic tome he/she uses would add uniqueness since very few of the cast actually use real magic (Zelda, Ness, Lucas. I'm convinced Peach uses devices to float), plus adding another swordsman to the roster, and ending the dang chain of Lords we seem to have for the Fire Emblem franchise...geez, three already after only two games in the series with Fire Emblem characters? as for between the male and the female, char..... Wii Fit Trainer has both male and female counterparts, so why the heck not?
I would think you would prefer if Charmeleon were playable.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I can't believe I forgot about this, but I noticed something with yesterday's pic.

It seems Luigi's Final Smash has changed into something completely different. Could King Dedede's be changed, too? Does Luigi's change in Final Smash bode well for Waddle Dee?

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I forgot about this, but I noticed something with yesterday's pic.

It seems Luigi's Final Smash has changed into something completely different. Could King Dedede's be changed, too? Does Luigi's change in Final Smash bode well for Waddle Dee?
It does bode well for Bandana Dee if some Final Smashes could change.
However, Luigi was a rather obvious character to give a new Final Smash to. He needed something that better reflected him in the games.
While Luigi got a new Final Smash, Samus didn't. King Dedede may or may not get a new one. If it's unchanged, that will hinder Bandana Dee's chances.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Here's hopin for Masked Dedede. If he sticks with spamming Waddle Dees, Gordos, and Waddle Doos everywhere, no problem. Even though showing Bandana Dee as part of DDD's moveset, I'm not sure if it's a deconfirmation anymore, because of Toon Link.
I haven't played Superstar Ultra yet, but Masked Dedede was the firs thing I expected when thinking of a Final Smash for Dedede. Even though I haven't had a chance to play Superstar Ultra yet. I've only played the original Superstar, blah, I really want to do Meta Knight vs Galacta Knight (same with RtD too).

Maikou

Smash Ace
I would think you would prefer if Charmeleon were playable.
hahahahaha....Yeah, I'd like that, but Charmeleon just isn't popular enough. either that or people know Sakurai probably wouldn't bother to add the favorite Kanto starter's second evolution over the fully evolved one. I mean sure, there was Pichu, but sadly not many rather liked the little mousey.
Here's hopin for Masked Dedede. If he sticks with spamming Waddle Dees, Gordos, and Waddle Doos everywhere, no problem. Even though showing Bandana Dee as part of DDD's moveset, I'm not sure if it's a deconfirmation anymore, because of Toon Link.
I haven't played Superstar Ultra yet, but Masked Dedede was the firs thing I expected when thinking of a Final Smash for Dedede. Even though I haven't had a chance to play Superstar Ultra yet. I've only played the original Superstar, blah, I really want to do Meta Knight vs Galacta Knight (same with RtD too).
I very much agree. Masked Dedede with the Superstar Ultra Moveset would be awesome.

honestly Luigi's new move, whether it be a final Smash or a real April Fools move just replacing one of Luigi's old moves, it doesn't help nor hinder Bandana Dee.

as a side question, does anyone else kinda not like the new Smashboards interface being changed so suddenly? and how do I upload a pic? (There's kinda something I wanna show as a true pledge of allegiance to the Bandana Brigade)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
hahahahaha....Yeah, I'd like that, but Charmeleon just isn't popular enough. either that or people know Sakurai probably wouldn't bother to add the favorite Kanto starter's second evolution over the fully evolved one. I mean sure, there was Pichu, but sadly not many rather liked the little mousey.

I very much agree. Masked Dedede with the Superstar Ultra Moveset would be awesome.

honestly Luigi's new move, whether it be a final Smash or a real April Fools move just replacing one of Luigi's old moves, it doesn't help nor hinder Bandana Dee.

as a side question, does anyone else kinda not like the new Smashboards interface being changed so suddenly? and how do I upload a pic? (There's kinda something I wanna show as a true pledge of allegiance to the Bandana Brigade)
*cough* Ivysaur *cough*
JK. I've never heard anyone prefer Ivysaur over bulbasaur or Venusaur.
Charmeleon I've heard a few times being people's favorite pokemon at least, about the same as Charmander. However, no where near as much as Charizard though. Charizard is in my top 7 favorite pokemon though, so I'm fine with the way pokemon trainer is now (I also like Squirtle + Blastoise equally for different reasons). What would your reaction be if they rotation the evolultions of first gen?

I do believe the site changing is just an April Fools joke. Even though I like Black + Blue because it's relaxing, it's a bit hard on the eyes with the way things are setup..... And it's a little annoying not being able to click the flag to go to my alerts, because I'm lazy like that.

Speaking of Rotations, what would your reactions be if Meta Knight was replaced by Bandana Dee?
Personally I'd feel bad about it, but it's probably better than Brawl's Meta Knight moveset. Personally I'd just like to see an overhaul of Meta Knight's moveset to reflect his appearance in the kirby games better. Though if he's not changed much oh well.
Bandana Dee has a pretty simple moveset in RtD so I don't think I could be too mad about how they add it in SSB4 as long as they have the spear helicopter (and preferably at least one attack that throws spears).

Maikou

Smash Ace
*cough* Ivysaur *cough*
JK. I've never heard anyone prefer Ivysaur over bulbasaur or Venusaur.
Charmeleon I've heard a few times being people's favorite pokemon at least, about the same as Charmander. However, no where near as much as Charizard though. Charizard is in my top 7 favorite pokemon though, so I'm fine with the way pokemon trainer is now (I also like Squirtle + Blastoise equally for different reasons). What would your reaction be if they rotation the evolultions of first gen?

I do believe the site changing is just an April Fools joke. Even though I like Black + Blue because it's relaxing, it's a bit hard on the eyes with the way things are setup..... And it's a little annoying not being able to click the flag to go to my alerts, because I'm lazy like that.

Speaking of Rotations, what would your reactions be if Meta Knight was replaced by Bandana Dee?
Personally I'd feel bad about it, but it's probably better than Brawl's Meta Knight moveset. Personally I'd just like to see an overhaul of Meta Knight's moveset to reflect his appearance in the kirby games better. Though if he's not changed much oh well.
Bandana Dee has a pretty simple moveset in RtD so I don't think I could be too mad about how they add it in SSB4 as long as they have the spear helicopter (and preferably at least one attack that throws spears).
honestly, the only rotation possibility with PKMN Trainer I'd be OK with is Squirtle>Charmeleon>Venasaur, should he return and they rotate. honestly I LOVED Squirtle in Brawl. the Tiny Turtle Pokemon is very fast and has a great air game in my opinion, and honestly that's all I need: decent speed and good air game. of course the ground game can't be terrible either. if they rotated it another way and didn't give me either Charmeleon or at least Squirtle, I'd be a little ticked off, char. and nobody likes a ticked off Charmeleon, char.

I hope it's changed back tommorrow. honestly if you prefer Black and Blue just use the Project M motif thing in lowermost left corner.

If Meta was changed for the Bandana Spear wielder himself? I wouldn't mind at all. plus people could stop complaining about how Meta's broken. ugh....
and yeah, Bandana Dee definitely needs both Spear Copter and the Javelin Throw move in his moveset.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well Classic is the only theme available right now. No Project M theme.

I totally forgot about people complaining about Meta Knight being OP. I just find his moveset to be rather boring because it's so painfully basic, so it's boring to watch matches with Meta Knight, even if MK is getting his arse kicked. I am a little worried that Bandana Dee might get a moveset that's boring as well sometimes. It's not hard to nerf something so hard into the ground that it's not OP anymore. Making something balanced is.
Though I don't mind Meta Knight keeping his legacy of being the toughest challenge in whatever game he's in. (excluding Galacta Knight, but they needed a true arena version of MK somehow). I'd laugh if Bandana Dee became top tier if he got in the game, and MK became bottom tier.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well Classic is the only theme available right now. No Project M theme.

I totally forgot about people complaining about Meta Knight being OP. I just find his moveset to be rather boring because it's so painfully basic, so it's boring to watch matches with Meta Knight, even if MK is getting his arse kicked. I am a little worried that Bandana Dee might get a moveset that's boring as well sometimes. It's not hard to nerf something so hard into the ground that it's not OP anymore. Making something balanced is.
Though I don't mind Meta Knight keeping his legacy of being the toughest challenge in whatever game he's in. (excluding Galacta Knight, but they needed a true arena version of MK somehow). I'd laugh if Bandana Dee became top tier if he got in the game, and MK became bottom tier.
I am only gonna say it right here ad right now, and probably never again, or at least not in the same tone because I am very much RAGING right now.

NEVER BRING OUT THE D@#N TIER LIST IN FRONT OF ME!

The Tier list is stupid and pointless, IT'S NOT EVEN OFFICAL. YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID PEOPLE!

Pichu is light, and has short range, and takes 1% damage from everything he does. SO FRACKING WHAT?! I DON'T CARE! I'LL STILL MAIN HIM AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT!

In case you are wondering WHY I am raging:
ScrewAttack.com has a show called Death Battle and in it they pit fantasy characters against each other gladiator style with their weapons armor and skills as well as personality traits. basicaly it's a battle to the death hence the name and the deaths are ALWAYS as bloody and gorey as can be.

and NOW they are f***ing up Pokemon's bloodyless and goreyless innocence by pitting Venasaur Blastoise and Charizard against each other in a death fight. I AM NOT HAPPY. I AM VERY MUCH NOT HAPPY.

I apolize now. I'm just very much upset that these people would so willingly murder my childhood like this. I know it's gonna be a tie and THEY know it's gonna be a tie and I KNOW that however they die is going to be bloody and gorey and disgusting and their corpses are going to litter the battlefield and they'll insist on showing me a d@#n close up of the poor dead creatures when they end it!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Welcome to the world of the internet. I'm sure whatever they did for death battle, they could have done worse things. Just avoid things that are very likely to "ruin your childhood" if it bothers you.

I don't care for Tier lists either, though I don't really have the chance to fight good players anyways. I just watch/play characters I find more enjoyable to watch/play, which happens to be a lot of low-tier characters (except for the space animals sometimes).

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm offically sick of "Welcome to the Internet"s. seriously how many times have people said that to me in the last 5 years?

Honestly I play my bro all the time and he needs level 9 just to warm up. I can't beat him but I still have fun in the long run because I can usually KO him at least twice. heck, in the last match I was playing Pichu against my bro who mains Young Link and KO'd him 4 times! and I got him to be the First to Fall! TAKE THAT PROS! admittedly I still lost, but that was because my skill level is below my brother's. I still play level 6 at most in Melee. I don't play competitive matches. I prefer casual Melee over tournament Melee. I love Tourney mode though.

the space animals? I think you mean Star Fox.

I agree. heck, Yoshi was my best character for a while.

honestly though the reasons for certain tier placements are bull though.

seriously? Mewtwo, last place, JUST because he's floaty? Yoshi, botttom tier, JUST BECAUSE HE ONLY HAS TWO JUMPS?! honestly the Yoshi argument is invalid. in Melee, the AIRDODGE, SOURCE OF THE WAVEDASH TECHNIQUE Allows Yoshi to do a last-ditch attempt should his Second Jump not be enough to make it, and in Brawl, the Egg Throw bumps Yoshi upwards a slight bit, allowing slightl better recovery. TAKE THAT TIER QUEERS!

I apoligize for getting off-topic.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
I'm offically sick of "Welcome to the Internet"s. seriously how many times have people said that to me in the last 5 years?

Honestly I play my bro all the time and he needs level 9 just to warm up. I can't beat him but I still have fun in the long run because I can usually KO him at least twice. heck, in the last match I was playing Pichu against my bro who mains Young Link and KO'd him 4 times! and I got him to be the First to Fall! TAKE THAT PROS! admittedly I still lost, but that was because my skill level is below my brother's. I still play level 6 at most in Melee. I don't play competitive matches. I prefer casual Melee over tournament Melee. I love Tourney mode though.

the space animals? I think you mean Star Fox.

I agree. heck, Yoshi was my best character for a while.

honestly though the reasons for certain tier placements are bull though.

seriously? Mewtwo, last place, JUST because he's floaty? Yoshi, botttom tier, JUST BECAUSE HE ONLY HAS TWO JUMPS?! honestly the Yoshi argument is invalid. in Melee, the AIRDODGE, SOURCE OF THE WAVEDASH TECHNIQUE Allows Yoshi to do a last-ditch attempt should his Second Jump not be enough to make it, and in Brawl, the Egg Throw bumps Yoshi upwards a slight bit, allowing slightl better recovery. TAKE THAT TIER QUEERS!

I apoligize for getting off-topic.
Someone's tier list position isn't based on a single characteristic.
Mewtwo is low tier not because he's floaty. It's because of a combination of light weight, slow dash, tall frame and foatness, making him easy to; as well as a poor KO power, terrible approach and a only decent combo ability.
Also, Yoshi's lack of a triple jump is a problem: if he's hit out of it, he's doomed, as the air dodge is rarely enough to return to the stage.
Finally, playing smash casualy and competitivly are 2 very different things. A competitive player is able to pull a character potencial to its limit, using every single tool he has to offer. But what happens when a certain character have few tools to play with, like Pichu? He gets destroid by fighters with more, and better, options, like Fox. This sort of thing, however, does not occur on casual play, because casual players simply don't use the characters better options, either because they can't or because they don't know how, and this makes everyone more balanced by comparison.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Someone's tier list position isn't based on a single characteristic.
Mewtwo is low tier not because he's floaty. It's because of a combination of light weight, slow dash, tall frame and foatness, making him easy to; as well as a poor KO power, terrible approach and a only decent combo ability.
Also, Yoshi's lack of a triple jump is a problem: if he's hit out of it, he's doomed, as the air dodge is rarely enough to return to the stage.
Finally, playing smash casualy and competitivly are 2 very different things. A competitive player is able to pull a character potencial to its limit, using every single tool he has to offer. But what happens when a certain character have few tools to play with, like Pichu? He gets destroid by fighters with more, and better, options, like Fox. This sort of thing, however, does not occur on casual play, because casual players simply don't use the characters better options, either because they can't or because they don't know how, and this makes everyone more balanced by comparison.
Shut it already, Smash isn't meant to be competitve so stop shoving the tiers in my face!

Seriously people if wavedashing was unintentional, which it WAS BY THE WAY, then that means competitve play was ALSO NOT INTENDED FOR SMASH. Sakurai is balancing everybody according to CASUAL PLAY.

and what you are describing is purely AMATUER VS PRO, CPU VS CPU! THAT IS IT!

I don't play competively, I don't go to live tournaments, I DON'T DO ADVANCED TECHNIQUES OR SUPERFAST GAMEPLAY WITH COMPLEX CONTROLS!

Pichu's only disadvantages are his lightweight and self damaging properties, as well as hitboxes. just back off with the damn stats, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE I WILL PLAY PICHU IF I LIKE NOW STOP IT!

NOW CAN WE JUST GET BACK ON THE TOPIC AND SHUT UP ABOUT STUPID COMPETITIONS ALREADY?! THIS IS THE BANDANA DEE THREAD, I'M NOT HERE TO READ PEOPLE BASHING ON MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!

AND THE TIERS AREN'T OFFICAL! WHEN YOU CAN PROOF TO ME THAT THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF THEM BEING OFFICIAL, LINK ME TO SAKURAI'S EXACT WORDS ON THE MATTER!

NOW, BACK TO BANDANA DEE!

Nobody ever answered my question, how do I upload a pic? I wanna show something to support the Bandana Brigade!

LF2K

Floor Diver
There should be a button on the bottom labeled "upload a file". This 2002 skin makes it hard to read. :p

Maikou

Smash Ace
There should be a button on the bottom labeled "upload a file". This 2002 skin makes it hard to read. :p
Ok, thank you. I'll go ahead and upload it now, just give me a sec.....
Bandana Brigade Link.png

Link is now a member of the bandana Brigade! XD *Item get sound plays* (This is a screenshot I took from Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies. I tried to replicate Link to the best of my ability and then gave him a bandana)

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Yeah, excuse my use of memes. I just wanted to say welcome to the internet, because it's a light hearted way of saying that the internet sometimes does have some things that are..... not the greatest things around.

Space animals, Fox, Falco, and Wolf. If I'm 1v1ing a computer, my favorite battles are 1v1 fox vs fox, or fox vs wolf, no items, Final Destination (lol). I just love how fast it is, and it helps I love those characters. Though, the computers in Brawl are drasticly better than Melee's computers. It is amusing to have me and the computer swapping sidesteps+shield rolls, and attacks, like 10 times in a row without either hurting each other. Even if it can be a bit annoying at times.

Warning: The following contains dangerous opinions.

Tiers are just a guideline, you're not guarunteed to win with a character that's top tier, otherwise Ganondorf would never win against Meta Knight ever.
Though, I'm sure there's been so many debates on smashboards, so I won't say much more on the subject unless you want a private convo on it, to vent it all out.

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo isn't just because he's floaty. He does have some nice things going for him, like insane recovery, good throws, and Shadowball being awesome. However, being huge (rather tall, AND his whole tail is a hitbox too, making him very wide), and lightweight (good recovery is good, but if you're more likely to get sent off the map, what's the point?). I can look past those things, however when I play Mewtwo, the biggest problem I have with him is his surprisingly short range for most of his attacks (and some being really slow). Only his tilts are really nice attacks because the range of them... Though admittedly, I have a hard time doing tilts, I usually accidently do smashes instead, unless I make myself predictable by pressing a direction for a while.
Because of these things, Mewtwo is one of the hardest characters for me to use in Melee, despite him being in my top 5 most played characters (#1 Marth, #2 Link, #3 Fox, Samus tied with Mewtwo for 4th, Much like Mewtwo, I like samus's character, just I'm not a fan of how Samus plays), even though originally I wanted him to be my main in Melee.

Yoshi is one of the few characters I need to play more of. He's not that super low on the tier list, just the lower half of the middle tiers in both melee and brawl. I've always done decently with Yoshi even though I almost never use him (Yoshi is what made me stop double jumping everytime I jumped though, I'm a better player for trying out Yoshi), the computers are abysmal with Yoshi though, and they happen to egg roll off the edge, or just run away most of the time in both melee and brawl. Even if you are going by Tiers, Yoshi isn't anything to laugh at.

I'm no moderator, but I would assume going slightly off topic for a couple comments is fine, as long as it goes back to the thread's topic very soon after. I love certain off-topic discussions, but that's bad. So that's why I often try to bring up another point in my same post to at least have something on topic.

So to say something on topic. I didn't think about it before, but it's actually quite likely that Waddle Dee could be a new main for me if he gets in game. I just wanted him in because he seems like a character that should be in. I have a tendency to like playing characters that can attack from a safe distance (Hence Marth, Link, and I've been starting to love R.O.B. in Brawl to my surprise (still playing around with all the characters though).

P.S. dang soo many messages appeared while I was typing this.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, excuse my use of memes. I just wanted to say welcome to the internet, because it's a light hearted way of saying that the internet sometimes does have some things that are..... not the greatest things around.

Space animals, Fox, Falco, and Wolf. If I'm 1v1ing a computer, my favorite battles are 1v1 fox vs fox, or fox vs wolf, no items, Final Destination (lol). I just love how fast it is, and it helps I love those characters. Though, the computers in Brawl are drasticly better than Melee's computers. It is amusing to have me and the computer swapping sidesteps+shield rolls, and attacks, like 10 times in a row without either hurting each other. Even if it can be a bit annoying at times.

Warning: The following contains dangerous opinions.

Tiers are just a guideline, you're not guarunteed to win with a character that's top tier, otherwise Ganondorf would never win against Meta Knight ever.
Though, I'm sure there's been so many debates on smashboards, so I won't say much more on the subject unless you want a private convo on it, to vent it all out.

I'm pretty sure Mewtwo isn't just because he's floaty. He does have some nice things going for him, like insane recovery, good throws, and Shadowball being awesome. However, being huge (rather tall, AND his whole tail is a hitbox too, making him very wide), and lightweight (good recovery is good, but if you're more likely to get sent off the map, what's the point?). I can look past those things, however when I play Mewtwo, the biggest problem I have with him is his surprisingly short range for most of his attacks (and some being really slow). Only his tilts are really nice attacks because the range of them... Though admittedly, I have a hard time doing tilts, I usually accidently do smashes instead, unless I make myself predictable by pressing a direction for a while.
Because of these things, Mewtwo is one of the hardest characters for me to use in Melee, despite him being in my top 5 most played characters (#1 Marth, #2 Link, #3 Fox, Samus tied with Mewtwo for 4th, Much like Mewtwo, I like samus's character, just I'm not a fan of how Samus plays), even though originally I wanted him to be my main in Melee.

Yoshi is one of the few characters I need to play more of. He's not that super low on the tier list, just the lower half of the middle tiers in both melee and brawl. I've always done decently with Yoshi even though I almost never use him (Yoshi is what made me stop double jumping everytime I jumped though, I'm a better player for trying out Yoshi), the computers are abysmal with Yoshi though, and they happen to egg roll off the edge, or just run away most of the time in both melee and brawl. Even if you are going by Tiers, Yoshi isn't anything to laugh at.

I'm no moderator, but I would assume going slightly off topic for a couple comments is fine, as long as it goes back to the thread's topic very soon after. I love certain off-topic discussions, but that's bad. So that's why I often try to bring up another point in my same post to at least have something on topic.

So to say something on topic. I didn't think about it before, but it's actually quite likely that Waddle Dee could be a new main for me if he gets in game. I just wanted him in because he seems like a character that should be in. I have a tendency to like playing characters that can attack from a safe distance (Hence Marth, Link, and I've been starting to love R.O.B. in Brawl to my surprise (still playing around with all the characters though).

P.S. dang soo many messages appeared while I was typing this.
tch, I know.....I hate and love certain memes on the internet (not at the same time).

my personaly criteria for a main:
1: decent to great speed. I need mobility, I can't stand just sitting there tanking punishment.
2: air game is important. I love the skies, I've always wanted to fly, so when I play smash I take advantage of the non-traditional platforming-esque elements in the game and I need to move around in the air and strike hard.
3: at least one projectile or counter move. I can't fight close-combat only all the time, I know that, but I can't just run away and spam multiple projectiles. Sometimes I'd rather like to rush forward and then suddenly counter when they strike me. I use Marth decently well because of this.

also...
A Bandana Brigade tribute pic.png

(May or may not become my new avatar depending on whether or not I really want to part with the whole "char" thing)
Pic of me to show my dedication to the Bandana Brigade. I even wield a long pole! sadly I can't stab anything with it. (this isn't what I really look like, but it's as accurate as one can really get with Dragon Quest IX) "Everybody is Kung-Fu fighting" (I'm a martial artist in the game)

I know how you feel when people are chatting away as I reply to something. it's happened to me multiple times already.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Shut it already, Smash isn't meant to be competitve so stop shoving the tiers in my face!

Seriously people if wavedashing was unintentional, which it WAS BY THE WAY, then that means competitve play was ALSO NOT INTENDED FOR SMASH. Sakurai is balancing everybody according to CASUAL PLAY.

and what you are describing is purely AMATUER VS PRO, CPU VS CPU! THAT IS IT!

I don't play competively, I don't go to live tournaments, I DON'T DO ADVANCED TECHNIQUES OR SUPERFAST GAMEPLAY WITH COMPLEX CONTROLS!

Pichu's only disadvantages are his lightweight and self damaging properties, as well as hitboxes. just back off with the damn stats, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE I WILL PLAY PICHU IF I LIKE NOW STOP IT!

NOW CAN WE JUST GET BACK ON THE TOPIC AND SHUT UP ABOUT STUPID COMPETITIONS ALREADY?! THIS IS THE BANDANA DEE THREAD, I'M NOT HERE TO READ PEOPLE BASHING ON MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!

AND THE TIERS AREN'T OFFICAL! WHEN YOU CAN PROOF TO ME THAT THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF THEM BEING OFFICIAL, LINK ME TO SAKURAI'S EXACT WORDS ON THE MATTER!

NOW, BACK TO BANDANA DEE!

Nobody ever answered my question, how do I upload a pic? I wanna show something to support the Bandana Brigade!
Duuuuuude, calm down. Nobody here is telling you not to use your favorite characters.

Tier lists are based on statistics taken from competitive gameplay, so they don't necessarily apply to your playstyle. When people say that a character is low tier, it just means that the character doesn't have the same level of capabilities that other characters being played at their absolute best do. I mean, you don't even need stats in your face; I can, for example, test a Raichu's capabilities against a Salamence or other good pokemon multiple times with varying strategies, moves, etc.. Assuming the other player is just as skilled as me, the majority of the time I will lose, simply because Raichu doesn't have the movepool or stats to compete. No matter how good you are, each character has limits. Unfortunately, some simply have far lower ceilings than others.

Of course, in casual play none of this matters, because the computers and other players either don't know how or choose not to use their character to the best of their abilities.

Sorry to continue this, but I just don't understand why some people view tier lists as bad; they're not absolute.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Duuuuuude, calm down. Nobody here is telling you not to use your favorite characters.

Tier lists are based on statistics taken from competitive gameplay, so they don't necessarily apply to your playstyle. When people say that a character is low tier, it just means that the character doesn't have the same level of capabilities that other characters being played at their absolute best do. I mean, you don't even need stats in your face; I can, for example, test a Raichu's capabilities against a Salamence or other good pokemon multiple times with varying strategies, moves, etc.. Assuming the other player is just as skilled as me, the majority of the time I will lose, simply because Raichu doesn't have the movepool or stats to compete. No matter how good you are, each character has limits. Unfortunately, some simply have far lower ceilings than others.

Of course, in casual play none of this matters, because the computers and other players either don't know how or choose not to use their character to the best of their abilities.

Sorry to continue this, but I just don't understand why some people view tier lists as bad; they're not absolute.
THANK YOU!

Sorry about that, I'm still angry from ScrewAttack. I can't believe they're pitting the final forms of the STARTERS against each other in a fight to the death!!

thank you for clearing up Tiers for me. I just see SO many people WORSHIPPING the tiers like some kind of divine entity as if Smash was a religion. ugh. it gets on my nerves when people break out the tiers becuase usually they're just there to tell me to stop playing who I want to play and bash the characters that don't deserve it.

for the record my new signature is going to be that way until Pichu returns for Smash. which will probably take a few years, but I don't care. Pichu rules.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
THANK YOU!

Sorry about that, I'm still angry from ScrewAttack. I can't believe they're pitting the final forms of the STARTERS against each other in a fight to the death!!

thank you for clearing up Tiers for me. I just see SO many people WORSHIPPING the tiers like some kind of divine entity as if Smash was a religion. ugh. it gets on my nerves when people break out the tiers becuase usually they're just there to tell me to stop playing who I want to play and bash the characters that don't deserve it.

for the record my new signature is going to be that way until Pichu returns for Smash. which will probably take a few years, but I don't care. Pichu rules.
Trust me, I also hate when people take tier lists as gospel. Although it can be tough, it's far from impossible to defeat high tier characters with lower ones.

Personally, I mainly use my favorite characters, regardless of their tier placement. It can be pretty rough, but that just makes matches more entertaining!

I used to looooove Pichu when I first started playing Smash, and I regularly use Kirby, so I know where you're coming from.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Trust me, I also hate when people take tier lists as gospel. Although it can be tough, it's far from impossible to defeat high tier characters with lower ones.

Personally, I mainly use my favorite characters, regardless of their tier placement. It can be pretty rough, but that just makes matches more entertaining!

I used to looooove Pichu when I first started playing Smash, and I regularly use Kirby, so I know where you're coming from.
Yay! Friendly friend! ^_^ V

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I do believe the people "worshiping" tier lists are used to other fighting games. The Smash Bros. games are surprisingly good at balancing compared to most games out there.

Personally I always viewed Pichu as the character to humiliate players that boast too much with because the reward for hurting yourself and being lighter is too large to play Pichu over Pikachu. One of these days I'll play Pichu more. Though after playing Brawl, it'll be hard to go back to Melee since everything in Brawl feels better than Melee except for Marth somehow. Someone is no longer letting me try out Brawl though, so I'll just do that again.

Whatever tier Bandana Dee is, I'll be playing him.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I do believe the people "worshiping" tier lists are used to other fighting games. The Smash Bros. games are surprisingly good at balancing compared to most games out there.

Personally I always viewed Pichu as the character to humiliate players that boast too much with because the reward for hurting yourself and being lighter is too large to play Pichu over Pikachu. One of these days I'll play Pichu more. Though after playing Brawl, it'll be hard to go back to Melee since everything in Brawl feels better than Melee except for Marth somehow. Someone is no longer letting me try out Brawl though, so I'll just do that again.

Whatever tier Bandana Dee is, I'll be playing him.
THANK YOU!
just for that I'm going to go kick someone's tail with Pichu!

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
this was ****ing stupid guys

ganondorf is like the lowest in the tier, and a friend of mine can destroy you and your mother with ganondorf. tiers are for people who find an excuse why they've lost.
you can be godly with anyone, it's pretty much all about the player.

Maikou

Smash Ace
this was ****ing stupid guys

ganondorf is like the lowest in the tier, and a friend of mine can destroy you and your mother with ganondorf. tiers are for people who find an excuse why they've lost.
you can be godly with anyone, it's pretty much all about the player.
Thank you. though I'm sure I can destroy him and his mother and his Ganondorf with Pichu. XD

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Guys. Off topic. I'd stop the conversation now.
... Fine.

So Bandana Dee uses some kind of shockwave as his team attack in Return to Dreamland, which is used when one player is piggybacking on another and they both hold the guard button. For the record, Kirby blows a giant puff of air, Meta Knight fires a giant sword beam, and King Dedede pounds his hammer into the ground causing a bunch of stars to pop up.

I guess an electric attack could be neat. *shrug*

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
A "competitive game" is a well designed, fare for all the players game, which ideal of is being the easiest possible to learn but hardest to master, so, in a way, is game made for casuals to enjoy more xD

Smash never was good for competitive play mainly because it wasnt good balanced and that stupid l-cancel thing, thats all.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Well i was wondering if you guys could helpme, i want to make a fangame and will be helpful to know which helpers are your favorites.
Mines are these guys:
so, anyone?

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I've always liked Knuckle Joe the most. He just seems like one of Kirby's greatest allies .

Keeshu

Smash Ace
We talking helpers?
#1 Sword Knight (Sword of course)
#2 Blade Knight (Sword)
#3 Biospark (Ninja)
#4 Sir Kibble (Cutter)
#5 Buggzy (Suplex/Backdrop)
#6 Wheelie

Knight I just like because they were the toughest of the "weak" enemies, and it's kinda funny to see them destroy your projectiles (especially with spammy ones with cutter).
Biospark, because ninjas.......
Sir Kibble, for the silly name, and having one of my favorite abilities
Buggzzy because it's not often you get to see someone that is huge and fast. However, Suplex is OP at almost everything though. Those crazy Invincibility frames, dash, and high damage.
Wheelie is mostly just his design, but going fast is always a plus. His incredibly floaty jumps surprised me when I got a chance to be the second player though (normally I hop on asap in solo).

I really like the designs of these helpers a lot, except for Buggzzy, which I only somewhat like.

Knuckle Joe is just "meh" to me, but he's obviously a favorite to many many people, so if you are doing a game with him, you should add him.

Might wanna link/create a new thread for this sort of thing though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
A "competitive game" is a well designed, fare for all the players game, which ideal of is being the easiest possible to learn but hardest to master, so, in a way, is game made for casuals to enjoy more xD

Smash never was good for competitive play mainly because it wasnt good balanced and that stupid l-cancel thing, thats all.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Well i was wondering if you guys could helpme, i want to make a fangame and will be helpful to know which helpers are your favorites.
Mines are these guys:
so, anyone?
my faves are:
1: Bio Spark. He's a ninja, and I'm using him as a character in one of my fanfics as a rival character of sorts for Kirby.
2: Sir Kibble. Honestly it's mostly because I like Knights and his moveset in Super Star/Ultra was pretty awesome. I love getting up close and personal with what's supposed to be a boomerang ability.
3: Wheelie. mostly because of....*clears throat* "~Gotta go fast! Gotta go fast! gotta go faster, faster, fa-fa-fa-faster!" Yes I love that song, haterz beware. however I must say I don't really think he's that useful besides moving fast. sure he kills enemies, but if you're in a tight and enclosed space, he's gonna literally crash and burn to death. still love goin' fast though.
4: Knuckle Joe. kind of a given, but I rather like the (English) anime version of him.

overall I like a lot more powers, but not exactly the helpers for them.

and as for Smash's balance....have you ever played a match with all items on, lvl 9 CPUs, Final Destination, Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu? no? go and try it. on all three games, if you can. I don't get L-Canceling at all. people add unnecessary complexity to simple games to make them competitive. ugh, and wavedashing.....ugh....

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
if you can. I don't get L-Canceling at all. people add unnecessary complexity to simple games to make them competitive. ugh, and wavedashing.....ugh....
People didnt add l-cancell, sakurai did.
They just used exploits and glitches because they were there, like every other fighting game comunity, they just want to get better at the game and take it to the next level; its simple fun, also money.

Didnt expect bio spark to be popular xD btw.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
L Canceling and Wavedashing didn't make Melee competitive. Brawl has neither, and people still play it competitively.

:rolleyes:

To keep it Bandana Dee related ; maybe Bandana Dee can spear cancel?

Maikou

Smash Ace
People didnt add l-cancell, sakurai did.
They just used exploits and glitches because they are there, like every other fighting game comunity, they just want to get better at the game and take it to the next level, its simple fun, also money.

Didnt expect bio spark to be popular xD btw.
He's a freaking NINJA. waddya expect, char?

Honestly I just wish "landspecial" was never found in Melee's coding so I don't have to hear from the "pros" about how they purposely removed wavedashing to make Brawl less competitive when they don't seem to understand that Wavedashing is a glitch.

Quick in-between question, how do I put a video up here?

L Canceling and Wavedashing didn't make Melee competitive. Brawl has neither, and people still play it competitively.

:rolleyes:

To keep it Bandana Dee related ; maybe Bandana Dee can spear cancel?
maybe he might, maybe he might not.
wait a minute DIDDY KONG?! you're real?! (joking)

Top Bottom