• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A "competitive game" is a well designed, fare for all the players game, which ideal of is being the easiest possible to learn but hardest to master, so, in a way, is game made for casuals to enjoy more xD

Smash never was good for competitive play mainly because it wasnt good balanced and that stupid l-cancel thing, thats all.

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Well i was wondering if you guys could helpme, i want to make a fangame and will be helpful to know which helpers are your favorites.
Mines are these guys:
so, anyone?
I'd be interested in helping once I finish my other fangames, I can edit existing sprites pretty well.

If we're talking helpers, I think there's several I'd recommend, the top ones being bolded.

-Biospark (Ninja)
-Blade Knight (Sword)
-Bonkers (Hammer)
-Bugzzy (Suplex)

-Burning Leo (Fire)
-Capsule J/2 (Jet)
-Gim (Yo-Yo)
-Knuckle Joe (Fighter)

-Chilly (Ice)
-Plasma Wisp (Plasma/Spark)
-Poppy Bros. Jr. (Bomb)

-Rocky (Stone)
-Simirror (Mirror)
-Sir Kibble (Cutter)
-Wheelie (Wheel)
-TAC (Copy)

-Waddle Doo (Beam)
-Parasol Waddle Dee (Parasol)
-Broom Hatter (Broom)
-Starman (High Jump)
-Tick (Needle)

That's all I got.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'd be interested in helping once I finish my other fangames, I can edit existing sprites pretty well.

If we're talking helpers, I think there's several I'd recommend, the top ones being bolded.

-Biospark (Ninja)
-Blade Knight (Sword)
-Bonkers (Hammer)
-Bugzzy (Suplex)

-Burning Leo (Fire)
-Capsule J/2 (Jet)
-Gim (Yo-Yo)
-Knuckle Joe (Fighter)

-Chilly (Ice)
-Plasma Wisp (Plasma/Spark)
-Poppy Bros. Jr. (Bomb)

-Rocky (Stone)
-Simirror (Mirror)
-Sir Kibble (Cutter)
-Wheelie (Wheel)
-TAC (Copy)

-Waddle Doo (Beam)
-Parasol Waddle Dee (Parasol)
-Broom Hatter (Broom)
-Starman (High Jump)
-Tick (Needle)

That's all I got
pretty sure you just listed every helper possible except for the newer abilities from Return to Dreamland (and possibly Triple Deluxe), Char.

so, Sobreviviente, what kind of fan game are you making?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Thanks.
About the helpers, im planning in use them all, even some extras... what i want to know is which ones are your favorites ;D
so, Sobreviviente, what kind of fan game are you making?
Something like amazing mirror, i love that game.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Thanks.
About the helpers, im planning in use them all, even some extras... what i want to know is which ones are your favorites ;D

Oh yeah! I love Amazing Mirror! honestly, Amazing Mirror is a perfectly awesome example of how challenging a Kirby game can be if you want to 100% it, or even just get to the end! took me a VERY long time just to get that dang FOURTH Mirror Shard, Char! no joke, Char! plus it shows how great 2D Exploration games can be!

I've already listed my favorite helpers, unless you count Bandana Dee, so I can no longer help in that regard.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Oh yeah! I love Amazing Mirror! honestly, Amazing Mirror is a perfectly awesome example of how challenging a Kirby game can be if you want to 100% it, or even just get to the end! took me a VERY long time just to get that dang FOURTH Mirror Shard, Char! no joke, Char! plus it shows how great 2D Exploration games can be!

I've already listed my favorite helpers, unless you count Bandana Dee, so I can no longer help in that regard.
I agree, Amazing Mirror is awsome.
It took me about 6 months to complete it because I coundn't pass the candy constalation.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I agree, Amazing Mirror is awsome.
It took me about 6 months to complete it because I coundn't pass the candy constalation.
getting those Mirror shards even without trying to 100% the game.....man that's hard.....I mean, the first level's kinda lame, all easy and stuff, but afterwards you are on your own and have no guide except a map you have to find yourself. I love the exploration gimmick, and sadly died a lot from jumping down pits to see what I'd find next, unlike Metroid which doesn't seem to have ANY bottomless pits.

I'm so glad I managed to unlock the Abilities room....oh so glad....

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thanks.

My favorite is Poppy Bros. Junior. So much fun to throw bombs around.

If I may make a recommendation, if you don't make Dedede/Meta Knight/Bandanna Dee playable or bosses, they should be the equivalent of Animal Friends.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think Meta/Dedede/Bandana Dee should all be both playable and bosses. I don't know enough about the animal friends to give my opinion on them, char.

I have to wonder when SSB Crusade or SSF2 will have Bandana Dee as playable? shame on SSF2, making Bandana Dee a weak Assist Trophy....

Maikou

Smash Ace
There's a Smash Direct Tuesday! Fingers crossed!
Yeah! I just saw it on the offical Smash 4 website as well as today's miiverse post! :b:

gotta ask, was anyone here wanting Isabelle from Animal Crossing New Leaf to be playable? cuz now she's an Assist Trophy who gives fruit.

I'm so looking forward to the Smash Bros. Direct! Really hoping for veteran/newcomer announcments or maybe for Sakurai to troll me and actually give Smash 4 a story mode! anything could happen with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager and Mega Man being in the game as fully playable characters!

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I haven't played Animal Crossing yet, even though I want to (last handheld I owned was a Gameboy Advanced).
I think just the Villager is good enough for the Animal Crossing series. I think more stages/items/music is good enough for Animal Crossing. That's just basing it off of the 30 or so minutes of gameplay, and people talking about it though.

So has Bandana Dee made a cameo in Animal Crossing? :bubblebobble:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I haven't played Animal Crossing yet, even though I want to (last handheld I owned was a Gameboy Advanced).
I think just the Villager is good enough for the Animal Crossing series. I think more stages/items/music is good enough for Animal Crossing. That's just basing it off of the 30 or so minutes of gameplay, and people talking about it though.

So has Bandana Dee made a cameo in Animal Crossing? :bubblebobble:
I'm honestly not sure. I don't think Kirby has, or Pokemon really.....of course this is from what I've seen from New Leaf, none of the other Animal Crossings, so I don't really know. here's something odd about Villager though:
some people seem to be convinced he's some kind of sociopathic mass murder or something. ugh, it's so annoying to constantly be bothered by people like that.....
I'm really hyped for the new Smash Direct. a LOT could happen with it, and to be honest I don't think anything nearly as huge as this week has happened since Little Mac was confirmed to be promoted from Assist to Playable.

D

Deleted member

There's a Smash Direct Tuesday! Fingers crossed! :b:
I don't expect Bandana Dee on Tuesday.
Meta Knight isn't confirmed yet. While he could be revealed in the Direct, I don't expect Meta Knight to get confirmed with Bandana Dee immediately after. I think that Bandana Dee would be kept as a secret until the game is released.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Yeah! I just saw it on the offical Smash 4 website as well as today's miiverse post! :b:

gotta ask, was anyone here wanting Isabelle from Animal Crossing New Leaf to be playable? cuz now she's an Assist Trophy who gives fruit.

I'm so looking forward to the Smash Bros. Direct! Really hoping for veteran/newcomer announcments or maybe for Sakurai to troll me and actually give Smash 4 a story mode! anything could happen with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager and Mega Man being in the game as fully playable characters!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Villager supposed to be the character you play as in Animal Crossing? At that point it's like putting a cutified anonymous into the game. Of course people are going to portray him as a psychopathic killer, because it's hilarious that way. Of course, I don't think there'd be quite as many people would like to do that if it weren't for the "evil glare sparkle" when Villager puts mario in a net, and that his face almost never changed from the trailer.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandana Dee was a secret character. When is this Nintendo Direct coming on?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Tuesday, 3 PM Pacific time.

Anything's possible. Considering we were all caught off guard with the Wii Fit Trainer.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Tuesday, 3 PM Pacific time.

Anything's possible. Considering we were all caught off guard with the Wii Fit Trainer.
Well, besides Pichu returning sadly.....*cries in corner* I want my mousey friend.....:cry:

I know this direct has gotta be something big. I'm hoping mostly for the rest of the Immune Veterans/Originals to be confirmed in one go mostly. that'll make my day.

if I had to guess we'll probably get one more newcomer out of this direct as a 50% and above possibility. a slightly lower possibility is Meta Knight getting reconfirmed. there's a lot that could happen. let's all just hope the evil Assist Trophy fate is not what awaits our bandana-clad spear wielder....

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think Bandana Dee's chances of being revealed in this direct are entirely dependent on if more than one newcomer is being confirmed.

I know this is going to sound harsh, but I think this direct would be looking for more popular characters for this round.

Of course, would love to be wrong and see the amazing Bandana Dee trailer, but I'm not going to set my expectations too high.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think Bandana Dee's chances of being revealed in this direct are entirely dependent on if more than one newcomer is being confirmed.

I know this is going to sound harsh, but I think this direct would be looking for more popular characters for this round.

Of course, would love to be wrong and see the amazing Bandana Dee trailer, but I'm not going to set my expectations too high.
I know, I was just stating I'm seriously hoping Bandana Dee doesn't end up an Assist Trophy or worse.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather Bandana Dee be playable of course, but I think an assist trophy would be kinda cool; he could charge up the Megaton Punch, or command Dedede's army—provided that Dedede gets a new Final Smash. What I definitely don't want him to become is part of Dedede's moveset, since that would make him seem like less of an individual, in the same way Pokemon Trainer's pokemon and Toad are just extensions of their respective characters.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd rather Bandana Dee be playable of course, but I think an assist trophy would be kinda cool; he could charge up the Megaton Punch, or command Dedede's army—provided that Dedede gets a new Final Smash. What I definitely don't want him to become is part of Dedede's moveset, since that would make him seem like less of an individual, in the same way Pokemon Trainer's pokemon and Toad are just extensions of their respective characters.
iheardyou cx naw jk but
- OFF TOPIC -
Honestly, Toad really isn't just an extension if you think about it. 4th in an offical Melee poll, not enough time to add, got made a move. It's not farfetched at all for him to be a playable character. He's a species. That Toad could easily be Toad #13278489275489275472. If Toad isn't an individual, then IMHO Bandana Dee isn't one either.
- ON TOPIC -
I only really see Palutena/A surprise newcomer (one like Isaac/Shulk but not those), gameplay, and maybe a new feature and a few veterans and another newcomer. It'd be REALLY odd to just reveal Meta Knight alone out of the blue with no other veteran reveals. If there were veteran reveals, they'd have to be veterans-in-trouble ones, like Lucas, Ike, Snake, etc. And honestly, AT is better than nothing. It's just kinda rude to say "ASSIST TROPHY OR LOWER RANKS ARE BAD!!!!!!!!", and act like they'd kill you instantly whenever fans of current ATs just took the pain, liked their AT, and moved on. AT is actually the 2nd highest rank with Pokeballs. Would you rather him be a stage element, mocking you? cx Yes, I'd be sad/mad if Toad was an AT, but he'd be a move AND an AT, just like Bandana Dee (because there's really no difference between a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a Waddle Dee without out one. Still representation.) I'd just main Peach if Toad wasn't playable. :o

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
iheardyou cx naw jk but
- OFF TOPIC -
Honestly, Toad really isn't just an extension if you think about it. 4th in an offical Melee poll, not enough time to add, got made a move. It's not farfetched at all for him to be a playable character. He's a species. That Toad could easily be Toad #13278489275489275472. If Toad isn't an individual, then IMHO Bandana Dee isn't one either.
- ON TOPIC -
I only really see Palutena/A surprise newcomer (one like Isaac/Shulk but not those), gameplay, and maybe a new feature and a few veterans and another newcomer. It'd be REALLY odd to just reveal Meta Knight alone out of the blue with no other veteran reveals. If there were veteran reveals, they'd have to be veterans-in-trouble ones, like Lucas, Ike, Snake, etc. And honestly, AT is better than nothing. It's just kinda rude to say "ASSIST TROPHY OR LOWER RANKS ARE BAD!!!!!!!!", and act like they'd kill you instantly whenever fans of current ATs just took the pain, liked their AT, and moved on. AT is actually the 2nd highest rank with Pokeballs. Would you rather him be a stage element, mocking you? cx Yes, I'd be sad/mad if Toad was an AT, but he'd be a move AND an AT, just like Bandana Dee (because there's really no difference between a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a Waddle Dee without out one. Still representation.) I'd just main Peach if Toad wasn't playable. :o
if I'm completely honest, I just don't like the idea of good characters ending up as Assist Trophies when I feel they'd be best as playable. If Bandana Dee isn't playable, I'll just pick a main I prefer over him. honestly I hate Peach with a passion. always like, "MARIO SAVE ME BECAUSE I'M SO DEFENSLESS DESPITE BEING ABLE TO JUMP LIKE YOU AND STUFF!" almost literally. it's so annoying.....
Off topic for sec, I CANNOT Believe Death BAttle would chooose FREAKING PEACH over Zelda, who know NINJUTSU for crying out loud!

back on topic, I know Assist Trophies aren't bad, and at least with AT status, Bandana Dee has a chance to follow after Little Mac and become a player next time, It's mostly just I really don't want to see him at a state lower than AT because that would be a HUGE amount of wasted potential for unique characters, and Sakurai is looking for uniqueness as criteria for the new Smash. at first I honestly didn't care for Toad at all, but seeing people such you who actually like the character and want him in kinda changes my mind. I think Toad's unique too. besides, you can't call Toad a species and Waddle Dee a species and TOTALLY FORGET ABOUT YOSHI, WHO IN MANY'S EYES ARE A GENERIC SPECIES OF CUTE DINO!

I'm now going to kinda fanboy nerd/geek rant about Yoshi and compare him to Toads and Waddle Dees.

for one THERE IS ONE UNIQUE YOSHI! I should mention THE Yoshi, the first Yoshi we ever see in Mario. He's a generic Green Yoshi with a personality that sets him apart from others of his own kind. he can also speak, is close friends with Mario and Luigi, is always ready to help out when need be, and is childishly afraid of ghosts and "spookey" places, AND has been in all three Smash Brothers "Tournaments" (as most fanfic writers such as myself would portray the games). now, let's look at the individual THE Toad, the main Toad.

THE Toad has a girlfriend (yes I'm listing that), has been in Mario Kart since at least 64, has always been a guide character in the Mario Party series until recently, and wears the slightly more unique outfit of a blue vest, and red spots on his mushroom cap thing. THE Toad is a helpful guide, polite person, and good servant to the Princess. THE Toad has participated in every Mario Kart racing tournament so far, and is many people's favorite in that regard. next, Waddle "Bandana" Dee.

THE Waddle Dee (I will refer to him as such here), has MANY things to set him apart from others of his kind. for starters, he has his trademark blue bandana, that apparently improves his defense so much that he take as much punishment as Kirby (if your an RPG fan anyway. For Realistic types, we'll just say he's as durable as Kirby is naturally). next, he can speak english. this is an uncommon trait amongst Waddle Dees, most of them don't speak english with the obvious exception of Sailor Dee, who can also speak. In Revenge of the King in Super Star Ultra for the Nintendo DS, Bandana Dee is the King's avisor. next, we shall look at his Spear skills. his spear is a deadly weapon that is used to impale and stab things, and is a common weapon to Dedede's soldier Dees. however, Bandana Dee is extremely skilled with his weapon, even creating a special spinning move that somehow breaks physics like Miles "Tails" Prower and allows him to fly for as long as he keeps spinning it. Bandana Dee is also unique in that he is his own person, and willingly helped Kirby twice now, to save Dreamland and possibly the entire Kirby universe.

IF THESE THREE AREN'T UNIQUE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT "UNIQUE" IS ANYMORE! TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS, I JUST SUPPORTED THE UNIQUENESS OF THREE CHARACTERS, TWO OF WHICH PROBABLY DIDN'T EVEN NEED IT!

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
iheardyou cx naw jk but
- OFF TOPIC -
- ON TOPIC -
ican'tgobacktojail
I admit that I felt bad about that bit I said with Toad, but I think more people would be receptive of him as a potential character had he not been a simple move. I just feel that Toad being relegated to one move for a character is an injustice to Toad. Really, he should also be given another role in Smash at least.

There are some differences between Bandana Dee and your run-of-the-mill Waddle Dees though, like the fact that he's much more competent in battle, and he seems to be the King's right-hand man.

Maikou

Smash Ace
ican'tgobacktojail
I admit that I felt bad about that bit I said with Toad, but I think more people would be receptive of him as a potential character had he not been a simple move. I just feel that Toad being relegated to one move for a character is an injustice to Toad. Really, he should also be given another role in Smash at least.

There are some differences between Bandana Dee and your run-of-the-mill Waddle Dees though, like the fact that he's much more competent in battle, and he seems to be the King's right-hand man.
READ MY POST UP THERE ABOVE YOURS PLEASE!

Maikou

Smash Ace
I did. I'm not sure what part applies to my post, though.
um, every part of it. I explained the differences between THE Toad, THE Yoshi, THE Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee, and their respective species. or in other words just made the two who aren't in's chances more obvious.

seriously I put points up there as to why Toad does technically still have a chance, and why Yoshi got in despite being a "Generic Species" (besides his extreme popularity which honestly didn't play a role to begin with), and why Bandana Dee is different from his species and why Toad and Bandana Dee belong with the Smashers in Smash 4 as playable characters. seriously, just because one of a species is a move doesn't mean THE character of the species couldn't get in. besides, before Smash 4 is release, there is a great chance of Peach's moveset being changed, especially if Toad miraculously gets in.

it just seems like you ignored everything I said about the characters up there.

overall Toad and Bandana Dee both have chances of being in Smash. Wii Fit Trainer got in, and NOBODY expected/wanted her/him in, which means Toad still has a chance. dang near anything is possible, especially with the new Smash direct coming up in a few short days.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
um, every part of it. I explained the differences between THE Toad, THE Yoshi, THE Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee, and their respective species. or in other words just made the two who aren't in's chances more obvious.

seriously I put points up there as to why Toad does technically still have a chance, and why Yoshi got in despite being a "Generic Species" (besides his extreme popularity which honestly didn't play a role to begin with), and why Bandana Dee is different from his species and why Toad and Bandana Dee belong with the Smashers in Smash 4 as playable characters. seriously, just because one of a species is a move doesn't mean THE character of the species couldn't get in. besides, before Smash 4 is release, there is a great chance of Peach's moveset being changed, especially if Toad miraculously gets in.

it just seems like you ignored everything I said about the characters up there.

overall Toad and Bandana Dee both have chances of being in Smash. Wii Fit Trainer got in, and NOBODY expected/wanted her/him in, which means Toad still has a chance. dang near anything is possible, especially with the new Smash direct coming up in a few short days.
You completely misunderstood me. What I said was that because Toad is part of Peach's moveset, he's treated like he's just a part of her character, rather than his own. If Bandana Dee is in that position as well, I'm certain that other people wiil view him as unimportant and unable to stand on his own without Dedede alongside him.

This has nothing to do with uniqueness or likelihood of getting in, all I was saying was that simply relegating a character to the moveset of another feels cheap. Basically, I agree with you. lol

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
(Loving the Toad-Bandana Dee Alliance still going on)

Okay real talk time; how likely is it that you guys get Bandana Dee shown off at the direct before Metaknight is revealed, baring in mind that Rosalina only showed up after Mario, Peach, Luigi and Bowser were revealed?

Answer(IMO); Not very. Really you guys need Meta Knight to show up first, and THEN we may discover what has become of our bandana'd buddy.

D

Deleted member

Okay real talk time; how likely is it that you guys get Bandana Dee shown off at the direct before Metaknight is revealed, baring in mind that Rosalina only showed up after Mario, Peach, Luigi and Bowser were revealed?

Answer(IMO); Not very. Really you guys need Meta Knight to show up first, and THEN we may discover what has become of our bandana'd buddy.
I don't think that Bandana Dee being shown off in the Direct isn't likely at all. I say that Meta Knight needs to be confirmed before Bandana Dee. I guess he could happen out of left field.
I'm predicting that we will get a character like Shulk, Snake, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, or Chrom.

Maikou

Smash Ace
You completely misunderstood me. What I said was that because Toad is part of Peach's moveset, he's treated like he's just a part of her character, rather than his own. If Bandana Dee is in that position as well, I'm certain that other people wiil view him as unimportant and unable to stand on his own without Dedede alongside him.

This has nothing to do with uniqueness or likelihood of getting in, all I was saying was that simply relegating a character to the moveset of another feels cheap. Basically, I agree with you. lol
oh, okay. sorry, I'm not exactly a pro at understanding the meanings of what people say all the time. still feel like somebody's gonna use the generic argument against Bandana Dee and Toad at some point, so I suggest everyone copy and paste my post into a notepad or something for when somebody does use the generic argument on here. just to royally own them and prove them wrong :).

(I thought it was agreed a long time ago that we're all allies here. I'm pretty sure I've read every post on this thread so far.)

I agree with you. Meta Knight must appear first and hopefully then we'll at least get something to go on for Bandana Dee's fate.
I don't think that Bandana Dee being shown off in the Direct isn't likely at all. I say that Meta Knight needs to be confirmed before Bandana Dee. I guess he could happen out of left field.
I'm predicting that we will get a character like Shulk, Snake, Palutena, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, or Chrom.
There is no way in the Underwhere that Solid Snake or ANY Metal Gear Solid/character-from-M-rated-franchise with get in/return for Smash 4. with all due respect to everyone, the T rating Melee got was bullcrap.

the only reason, viable and provable, for Melee getting the T rating was simply the fact that the E10+ rating did not exist at the time. at the time there was only E, T, and M ratings. Melee was a fighting game, which for some reason isn't considered Everyone material (despite being rather non-violent), and therefore, since there was nothing between T and E at the time, they went with T. therefore I believe the next Smash Bros. will be E10+ rated. the original Smash was rated E, and Smash is in no way a teenager only game. heck, some people even used to think all the Smash games were E rated (myself included) and were shocked when Melee and Brawl turned out the T rating.

for all intents and purposes, Smash is a family-friendly game, like most if not all things Nintendo. therefore, games with the M rating will not be represented. I'm not Sakurai, nor am I in charge of Smash, I admit I'm just a 14-year old gamer who loves Nintendo and all things made by them, but I do know that the only reason Snake was ever in Brawl was because Sakurai had a friend in one of the Metal Gear Solid creators. I just needed to say that.

as for general characters like Takamaru, Shulk, Dixie and Lady Palutena, I honestly don't mind them. granted I only know two of them (Dixie and Palutena), but the others seem pretty cool (I've played the Fire Emblem Awakening demo, but not much more than that on the specific game itself).

I think the main thing I'm hoping in the new Smash Direct is for the rest of the Original Veterans to get confirmed, and I do mean all four of the remaining originals yet to be reconfirmed. Sakurai's unpredictable and you never know when you'll get trolled, and/or how hard.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think the main thing I'm hoping in the new Smash Direct is for the rest of the Original Veterans to get confirmed, and I do mean all four of the remaining originals yet to be reconfirmed. Sakurai's unpredictable and you never know when you'll get trolled, and/or how hard.
Goddammit I swear if Yoshi, Ness or Falcon get cut, I'm done. Especially Yoshi.

So...how likely do you think we'll get MK within this Direct? Or any veteran?

Maikou

Smash Ace
Goddammit I swear if Yoshi, Ness or Falcon get cut, I'm done. Especially Yoshi.
if ANY of the originals get cut, I'm done. even Jiggs. ESPECIALLY IF IT'S YOSHI!
So...how likely do you think we'll get MK within this Direct? Or any veteran?
I think it's decently likely. I'm expecting at least one character reveal, hopefully a newcomer.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
When it comes to originals. I wouldn't mind too much if Captain Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, or Jiggs left. Their inclusion was strange in the first place. I never heard people talk of Yoshi's Island games until around 15 years after it was released (I feel old), then sudden explosion of people talking about it everywhere. Even if I really love Captain Falcon and Yoshi. Ness I kinda like, but he seems to be a character that requires you to play his game first before you can really love him.
Jiggs doesn't really have any relevance anymore (she barely had any to begin with), and should have had Meowth in the game in the first place because Jigg's only relevance was the anime in the first place.
All the other originals deserve to always be with Smash though..... Nintendo needs more Yoshi's Island type games. Super happy good-feel games are always awesome. Yoshi being removed would be the one that I'd be bothered by the most obviously, even if I don't really fight with/against him all that much.

Maikou

Smash Ace
When it comes to originals. I wouldn't mind too much if Captain Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, or Jiggs left. Their inclusion was strange in the first place. I never heard people talk of Yoshi's Island games until around 15 years after it was released (I feel old), then sudden explosion of people talking about it everywhere. Even if I really love Captain Falcon and Yoshi. Ness I kinda like, but he seems to be a character that requires you to play his game first before you can really love him.
Jiggs doesn't really have any relevance anymore (she barely had any to begin with), and should have had Meowth in the game in the first place because Jigg's only relevance was the anime in the first place.
All the other originals deserve to always be with Smash though..... Nintendo needs more Yoshi's Island type games. Super happy good-feel games are always awesome. Yoshi being removed would be the one that I'd be bothered by the most obviously, even if I don't really fight with/against him all that much.
What Nintendo needs is more ACTUAL Yoshi games, not this "oh, we'll just slap a baby version of Mario into a story and then just randomly throw Yoshi in there and call it Yoshi's Island despite not starring the island itself!" bullcrap we call the Yoshi series. the only two ACTUAL entries in the Yoshi Series I know of are Yoshi Topsy Turvy and Yoshi's Story, both of which ACTUALLY focus on the dinos themselves and not a stupid annoying baby constantly going "wah wah wah" every time his bubble shield comes up. ugh!

Even with Jiggs not having any real relevance anymore, she's still an Original, and that deserves respect. honestly, Yoshi was a really popular character, or rather I should say item at the time, it only made sense to give him a place in Smash with other popular characters of the time.

Ness is a really popular RPG protagonist in the Mother series. Mother is popular trilogy.

Captain Falcon is a character in Nintendo's greates racing franchise, F-zero.

all of them have reasons to be in Smash. they all had their own games by the time Smash 64 was made (Pikachu and Jiggs had Pokemon gen 1 and the anime going for them). it's not strange to include them at all. plus they have unique movesets and Smash is focusing on unique characters now.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Keeping the originals because of how important is always good for smash. Even if Jiggs makes me question that sometimes.
The reason why I don't mind seeing Captain Falcon + Ness leaving is that when it comes to their series, you have to look for hardcore Nintendo fans, or people that usually look into Indie games. It's not like many other Nintendo titles where you can just ask random person and they'll know what you are talking about. If they ever decided to cut some characters to add new characters that are much more important to nintendo, I can see why they'd go.

Not saying I want them to go, I love these characters (except Jiggs, but she still has a reason to stay).

While I have a very hard time seeing DDD, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee becoming un-important to the Kirby series, it's always a possibility. So in the far future, if something like that were to happen, I wouldn't mind them not being in the roster. Even if Meta Knight is my favorite Nintendo character.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee has his chances raised a bit more. The fact that Waddle Dee Toss has been changed bodes well for him.
There are still Parasol Waddle Dees, but this shouldn't hinder his chances.

Top Bottom