• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Maikou

Smash Ace
DO NOT COMPLAIN. just be glad we're even GETTING A GAME please! and besides, Ridley'll be there, just not playable. but we'll have more interaction with him though in the Pyro Sphere when the Wii U version comes out! and Mewtwo still isn't necessarily deconfirmed yet either. you never know now. I got nearly everything I desired from the Direct today, so I'm very much happy and excited.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Welp, I guess I'm warming up to Greninja. I think I have by now, at least. He was just an odd addition solo, but anyways....
I don't think Ridley is deconfirmed, because we saw his shadow. There's also 3 types of Ridleys, and his movement was like a playable character. Sakurai would've been more descriptive too, if it meant Ridley was deconfirmed.

Anyone else like Smash Run, but only will get the Wii U version? I don't really want both, but I might get both anyways. Yeah, I think I'd get both. It might feel different at least, because of the stages and Smash Run. Really would've liked a Wii U exclusive, but beggars can't be choosers~
still liking my 2 most wanted characters chances going up The changeable moveset tidbit though was cool. Wonder how it works, though.

Still thinking Greninja was an odd addition, though. If there was no Squirts, Ivysaur, Jiggs, or Mewtwo, then the most likely would probably be Sceptile (gen 3 grass type, because gen 3 will probably get a remake), or Gardevoir (female rep for 3rd gen) IMHO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't realize it immediately but you all must be happy that Waddle Dee isn't a part of Dedede's moveset anymore.

Still, it should have been the hammer throw....

I wish you all luck.

Maikou

Smash Ace
its a meme.
I'm still gonna panic.....Ridleys...Ridleys everywhere......char......
Welp, I guess I'm warming up to Greninja. I think I have by now, at least. He was just an odd addition solo, but anyways....
I don't think Ridley is deconfirmed, because we saw his shadow. There's also 3 types of Ridleys, and his movement was like a playable character. Sakurai would've been more descriptive too, if it meant Ridley was deconfirmed.

Anyone else like Smash Run, but only will get the Wii U version? I don't really want both, but I might get both anyways. Yeah, I think I'd get both. It might feel different at least, because of the stages and Smash Run. Really would've liked a Wii U exclusive, but beggars can't be choosers~
still liking my 2 most wanted characters chances going up The changeable moveset tidbit though was cool. Wonder how it works, though.

Still thinking Greninja was an odd addition, though. If there was no Squirts, Ivysaur, Jiggs, or Mewtwo, then the most likely would probably be Sceptile (gen 3 grass type, because gen 3 will probably get a remake), or Gardevoir (female rep for 3rd gen) IMHO.
I'm just glad Sakurai's working to release the 3DS version first. I don't have a Wii U (can't afford it, probably still won't be able to afford it at the end of the years). I really like the whole "Smash run" thing, being a fan of Kirby Air Ride. honestly overall I just can't wait for Summer now! to be honest, besides a few characters, (including the Bandana Brigade's Idol) I'm perfectly set for Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo 3DS. though another reason I'm excited is FIRST EVER HANDHELD SMASH BROS GAME, YES!

samsparta21

Smash Ace
DO NOT COMPLAIN. just be glad we're even GETTING A GAME please! and besides, Ridley'll be there, just not playable. but we'll have more interaction with him though in the Pyro Sphere when the Wii U version comes out! and Mewtwo still isn't necessarily deconfirmed yet either. you never know now. I got nearly everything I desired from the Direct today, so I'm very much happy and excited.
I'm surprised everyone's already given up on Ridley. It's still possible.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well, his shadow has and Sakurai kinda hinted him being a stage haz- wait a minute.....*looks at video again* is that shadow....standing still? why would a hazard not make a move......hang on, it looks kinda like Sakurai was controlling Ridley there.....still, he hinted at Ridley being a boss character. the Yellow Devil is a Stage Hazard taking shape as a boss, so maybe Ridley's the same way....or Sakurai is seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY trolling the people who want Ridley playable.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Ridley stand still in brawl when we fight him, same yellow devil, and we can actually beat him during a fight.
They are not regular hazards, they are bosses.

I dont really see a problem with a hazard being playable btw, i mean, gamepad... cough cough.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I know, I was just saying, it looked almost like Sakurai was controlling Ridley like a fighter, which confuses me. I do like that we can now fight bosses competitively though. (by that I mean battle each other to battle the boss, not be all competitive and use "advanced techniques" against bosses) and I'm also glad for the two online modes of For Fun and For Glory. Sakurai's really thinking both sides here, casual and competitive. I won't be getting the Wii U version as I said before. the 3DS version will be enough to satisfy me.

and we could always get a Toon Link and the Spirit Train thing where another Metroid antagonist takes Ridley's place if he gets to be playable and a boss at the same time, where if no Ridley is on the field we fight Ridley, and then if there is a Ridley in play we get another Metroid antagonist.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm.....not too sure about Sakurai's modesty really....I mean all throughout the Direct, Sakurai just seems so embarrassed by the idea of saying "direct".....

though does anyone else here watch GameXplain?

and here's hoping our Bandana'd buddy gets his spotlight soon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I immediately thought of you guys when Dedede went on his Gordo rampage. Good news for Bandana Dee for sure.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yeah, I loved that Gordo part. especially when Samus just kicked one back. I love what Sakurai did with Zero Suit Samus. ZSS doesn't have....uh....oversized breasts anymore and those Jet Boots are epic. in fact they just kinda inspired Metroid Fanfiction to form in my head. I love the way they changed the whole switching thing. I'll be glad to use Sheik on her own! though I wonder what that does for Impa....speaking of, did anyone else think Impa was confirmed when they first saw the Charizard/Greninja trailer? I did....

So glad they changed Dedede's moveset. though I think we should be careful. Sakurai mentioned that we can customize movesets now and we don't know the full extent of that. I really love everything about the direct really. From Rosalina & Luma's micromanagment style, to the edits made to Zelda/Sheik, Samus, and Charizard, as well as Yoshi. this direct is definitely the best Smash news we had yet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're lucky, this means that Bandanna Dee is playable. Maybe he could use some other stuff like the Parasol and junk.

Maikou

Smash Ace
(Wow, we've made it to 56 pages on a single thread!)
I just wanna say, all these Final Smashes ARE AWESOME! Char! I really love that they changed Kirby's Final Smash to Ultra Sword I was so hoping they would! YAY! Char! and I cannot get over Yoshi, ZSS, Sheik, Charizard, and Greninja.....so freaking awesome! and I love Sakurai's troll moment. "Zero Suit Samus won't be making it to this next Smash Bros.........psyche! hahaha!"

and I'm so glad for the whole Casual and Competitive online modes Sakurai added! char! I just can't wait for new Smash news and the game itself of course!

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Alright men, even if he isn't playable, lets hold strong. We have no where to go but up.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Wait... Isn't Waddle Dee an enemy in the run? Not that that's a deconfirmation. ROB was an enemy and playable, so...
Those are normal Waddle Dees (species). We want Bandana Waddle Dee, a character who is not a species, but rather the 4th most prominent Kirby character.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Those are normal Waddle Dees (species). We want Bandana Waddle Dee, a character who is not a species, but rather the 4th most prominent Kirby character.
Yeah, my point was that even with the enemy it's not a deconfirmation. Bandana Dee has more recognizable stuff from Waddle Dee (Spear + Hat) than R.O.B. from subspace R.O.B.'s

D

Deleted member

I am not expecting Bandana Dee to get in. Heck, I believe that he has a higher chance of being an Assist Trophy than playable. I do have high hopes for Bandana Dee... this Direct was good for him in the end.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
To anybody that still thinks Waddle Dee is in trouble because of the enemies in Smash Run, I'm going to spell this out quite clearly. If you fear for his chances, you have nothing to worry about. If you desperately want him to be deconfirmed, you'll have to wait for some other evidence.

This game here is Kirby's Return to Dreamland. See those orange guys on the ground? Those are Waddle Dees. You know who was playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

This guy. And he had no trouble existing alongside his less-heroic brethren.

Yesterday was a good day for Waddle Dee, that much is true. Now we just have to see if he makes it even further.

Maikou

Smash Ace
To anybody that still thinks Waddle Dee is in trouble because of the enemies in Smash Run, I'm going to spell this out quite clearly. If you fear for his chances, you have nothing to worry about. If you desperately want him to be deconfirmed, you'll have to wait for some other evidence.

This game here is Kirby's Return to Dreamland. See those orange guys on the ground? Those are Waddle Dees. You know who was playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

This guy. And he had no trouble existing alongside his less-heroic brethren.

Yesterday was a good day for Waddle Dee, that much is true. Now we just have to see if he makes it even further.
Good Sir, I love you. (not in the immediate way anyone might be thinking -_-)

Maikou

Smash Ace
Just because Greninja got in doesn't mean Mewtwo won't.
MY GOD. Why do poeple think a newcomer will take a veterans spot????????? Mewtwo and Greninja aren't compiting for anything.
My sentiments exactly, char. honestly, we could end up with 6 Pokemon characters. Mewtwo and Jiggs are still in until otherwise deconfirmed. and why do people think Ridley's deconfirmed so quickly? all we saw was his shadow and Sakurai hinting to him being a boss character. at the very FREAKING least be happy you even get a Ridley in general. you never know these days with Sakurai.

oh, and I believe he mentioned something about FANSERVICE when he revealed Lucario's Mega Evolution for Smash 4. seriously go and listen I swear he says he did it to please the fans....

LF2K

Floor Diver
TAC and Plasma Wisp are also in Smash Run. Kirby's getting all kinds of love.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The only thing that's discouraging is the fact the Waddle Dees in Smash Run seem like they're the same color as Bandana Dee. But then again, the Parasol Waddle Dees may just be based on the sprites from Super Star.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
My fellow supporters, we live on.

As for the color, I wouldn't really make a huge deal of it. It's likely just some limitations. When we see a Bandana, that's the sign.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm all for staying positive, but I think this is getting out of control.
Be happy with everything, never speak up, its lucky we are getting a game....

WHAT? This is commerce. I'm glad they put so much effort into this, but they are the ones benefiting, Nintendo most, to have this come out. Individually as fans we do benefit, but this is not something that exists solely for us, let us not get it twisted.
Speaking up and voicing concern or change is necessary for societal evolution.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm all for staying positive, but I think this is getting out of control.
Be happy with everything, never speak up, its lucky we are getting a game....

WHAT? This is commerce. I'm glad they put so much effort into this, but they are the ones benefiting, Nintendo most, to have this come out. Individually as fans we do benefit, but this is not something that exists solely for us, let us not get it twisted.
Speaking up and voicing concern or change is necessary for societal evolution.
Finally someone understands! I am a pessimist at heart and people always get frustrated at me for it. In the end, I can't be very disappointed and all of the good things that happen hype me even more than if I was expecting everything to be perfect.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I just hate negatives in general. I'm a positive person (Darn it Ash Ketchum, why'd I have to idol you at the age of 6?)

look, I understand, facts over fiction, but I just really don't like downers. pessemists in movies are always assuming the worst, and sometimes that translates into a very real situation, which annoys me.

call me the most naive optimist in the world, but the good guys always win and that's freaking that. (for me, anyway. I'm free to delude myself how-so-ever I wish)

I don't exactly raise my expectations to the freaking Sun, that doesn't mean I can't hope with all my heart. I'm an optimist, and your a pessimist. let's just agree to disagree, and not mention each other's conflicting opinions on positives and negatives. I just want to hope Bandana Dee makes it in, and look to every detail that might help. it never killed anyone to hope. to expect? certainly might've killed a few.....possibly a few hundred or thousand, but hope never hurts too much.

I might just no be getting stuff right here, but all that up there's just my personal opinion. If we can agree to disagree on positives and negatives, we'll be fine. no insults or hard feelings, okay?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I just hate negatives in general. I'm a positive person (Darn it Ash Ketchum, why'd I have to idol you at the age of 6?)

look, I understand, facts over fiction, but I just really don't like downers. pessemists in movies are always assuming the worst, and sometimes that translates into a very real situation, which annoys me.

call me the most naive optimist in the world, but the good guys always win and that's freaking that. (for me, anyway. I'm free to delude myself how-so-ever I wish)

I don't exactly raise my expectations to the freaking Sun, that doesn't mean I can't hope with all my heart. I'm an optimist, and your a pessimist. let's just agree to disagree, and not mention each other's conflicting opinions on positives and negatives. I just want to hope Bandana Dee makes it in, and look to every detail that might help. it never killed anyone to hope. to expect? certainly might've killed a few.....possibly a few hundred or thousand, but hope never hurts too much.

I might just no be getting stuff right here, but all that up there's just my personal opinion. If we can agree to disagree on positives and negatives, we'll be fine. no insults or hard feelings, okay?
I'm sorry if I offended you. I agree to disagree. I get people being an optimist. believe it or not, I used to be an optimist, but to many bad experiences turned me into a pessimist. I don't hold any grudges on opinions, unless they constantly shove them down my throat in an annoying fashion.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm sorry if I offended you. I agree to disagree. I get people being an optimist. believe it or not, I used to be an optimist, but to many bad experiences turned me into a pessimist. I don't hold any grudges on opinions, unless they constantly shove them down my throat in an annoying fashion.
Wow, really? geez....well being a Pokemon person since I was less than intelligent in any way, I've become a dedicated optimist. (Ash Ketchum was my idol in the pokemon world at the age of 6, as I stated before, and he is optimistic at almost all times so...) plus I've had numerous other shows like Dragon Ball Z, and games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Star Fox among others to help my optimism. I wasn't offended, I was saying, I don't really like it when people just seem to only seek out the negatives. it annoys me greatly when people throw negatives at me like there's no tommorow. with you, it's understandable with your arguments toward the negatives. you just seem to be doing what you might feel you need to do. at the very least you seem to not be looking at just the negatives all around. sometimes it's nice to have someone bring me down to Earth sometimes when I get too caught up in positives to notice reality.

oh, and somehow I've learned how to befriend someone I've accidentally offended. I'm just gonna say Pokemon and speak no more of it.

and we ought to get back the Spear Master.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ Maikou Maikou I can related to Pokemon being your source of adoration... I am dressed as my idol in my avatar.
But I don't see the world in Positive and Negative, it just is, and I believe in following my own spirit voice to figure out what the next move should be. Right and Wrong screwed me over, I'm more into trichotomies and what is next.

um....
....spears rule

Maikou

Smash Ace
@ Maikou Maikou I can related to Pokemon being your source of adoration... I am dressed as my idol in my avatar.
But I don't see the world in Positive and Negative, it just is, and I believe in following my own spirit voice to figure out what the next move should be. Right and Wrong screwed me over, I'm more into trichotomies and what is next.

um....
....spears rule
fail on that last bit XD

though I've kinda lost interest in Ash as a character recently. I mean seriously, the writers have just effed up beyond belief with Ash recently and it's honestly kind of annoying to see him losing so often. seriously, that Fletching was over powered when he caught it, and now it suddenly can't beat a small test of balance, with a type advantage no less? that's not relatable, that's bullcraping one of the best Pokemon Trainers ever out of the numerous amounts of victories he deserves.

Bandana Dee is da best Dee. cuz he has teh fluffliness to survive even Kirby's stomache.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh, I only mean Ash from Season one. That series is complete, and a very well crafted program because they were not trying to extend the series beyond belief with unnecessary side quests (just a few, to actually grow), it has an actual arc and development.

I think Bandana Dee needs to be given a name in the next Kirby game; its Sakurai's baby, he can decide to simply to make him better seen as an individual in SSB.

Fred, anyone?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Man, i would totally love it if Bandana Dee is playable in Ssb4, he'd probably be my main. And now that Dedede throws Gordos only, just raises he's chances.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ironically enough, I ended up being wrong about Bandanna Dee's chances. Not that I think he is practically confirmed or anything, but yeah, this definitely looks good for him.

Top Bottom