• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Anyone have an idea for a pose in his dojo art, if he IS in?
I think it'd be great to have something that puts emphasis on how out of his league he is such as

Something that just says "holy **** how did I get in here?!"

Alternatively, go for the loyal cute follower look

This is a funny, cute character so I think that should be embraced.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
The Attacking Waddle Dee Chandelure posted above seems like the best pose for artwork to me.

Also, something of concern to note.

The Waddle Dees in Smash Run are the same shade as Bandana. That could be a blow to his chances, considering that's his main distinguishing feature from other Waddle Dees besides his bandana. Not saying it's the death of his chances, but we missed out on a subtle-yet-major thing for BWD...

Neo Zero

The Attacking Waddle Dee Chandelure posted above seems like the best pose for artwork to me.

The Waddle Dees in Smash Run are the same shade as Bandana. That could be a blow to his chances, considering that's his main distinguishing feature from other Waddle Dees besides his bandana. Not saying it's the death of his chances, but we missed out on a subtle-yet-major thing for BWD...
Could just be the lighting of that area on the 3DS to be fair.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Could just be the lighting of that area on the 3DS to be fair.
A darker lighting doesn't turn light-orange into blood-red...

Edit: Look at this.
ohnowaddledee.png

The colors between Smash Run Waddle Dee and Bandana Waddle Dee are a lot closer than the Enemy ones.

Again, this might be a subtle concern for his chances.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Maybe Bandana Dee will be even darker in Smash 4 :awesome:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I'm supporting Bandana Dee all the way, he's my 3rd most wanted newcomer, behind Palutena and Shulk.

Really, the only threat against him is the whole "Waddle Dees in Smash Run" but hey, look at R.O.B.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely supporting Waddle Dee. I indeed think he has a chance, he has became more relevant now.
I really want to see his moveset since it seems like it will be unique.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still betting on Waddle Dee Toss being one of Dedede's special moves, and the reason it was removed from the main moveset is they are going for the removal of random elements

Neo Zero

Speaking of this actually

The colors between Smash Run Waddle Dee and Bandana Waddle Dee are a lot closer than the Enemy ones.

Looks like that Smash Run color argument is slightly less substantial now

Morbi

Scavenger
Step 1: Remove Waddle Dee Toss.
Step 2: Give him an official name.
Step 3: Join the fight!

We got steps 1 and 2 done. Hopefully Step 3 will be within our grasp!
When you state it like that, it seems even more likely. I was an adamant Bandanna Dee supporter, I still am... but it is getting to that point in the "game" I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. He is a logical and warranted inclusion, but that doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of Smash speculation. Haha.

Neo Zero

When you state it like that, it seems even more likely. I was an adamant Bandanna Dee supporter, I still am... but it is getting to that point in the "game" I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. He is a logical and warranted inclusion, but that doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of Smash speculation. Haha.
This is true mate, and while I don't want to set myself up for similar disappointment considering this roster was likely decided a year or two ago, but one things for sure, all the signs are looking great right now.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Step 1: Remove Waddle Dee Toss.
Step 2: Give him an official name.
Step 3: Join the fight!

We got steps 1 and 2 done. Hopefully Step 3 will be within our grasp!
*in Captain Falcon's voice*
YES!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
IN YOUR FACE(S) GENERIC ARGUERS!!!
BANDANA DEE IS HIS OWN CHARACTER 100% NOW! TAKE THAT!
Now all we need is for Bandana Dee to show us his moves!

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I love this humble little minion who makes his effort to stand out amongst his kin. But me down on the support list please! <3

I have a moveset in progress too. Might even need to make some Final Smash concept art. Don't expect any deadlines ahead.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
well. . . he looks brightly colored.

View attachment 12696

so GRC, now that we got some new information I decided to update your chart
untitled.png

it appears now that bandana most recent colors are slimier to RTDL enemies, or to be more specific the color scheme that is currently being unused for the waddles dees in smash run.
looks like bandana just got another plus to his side, or at least eliminated a subtle argument against him

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey guys, I noticed a lot of you still use this Signature Icon:

No offense @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , you're awesome :D , but this Icon says "Bandana Dee=Generic Waddle Dee", at least that's what I think :c , so...please feel free to use other Signature Icons, they are in the OP.
And also guys, if you have a cool Bandana Dee Signature Icon, please post it here and I will add it to the OP.

@Toxicroaker , I don't know why, but your Signature Icon, the blue one, doesn't work now, the link is broken or something XD, that's why I replaced it for a new one :D

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Speaking of this actually

Looks like that Smash Run color argument is slightly less substantial now
I'm glad! I'm all for following the straight facts, but I will always prefer it all the more if they lead to Waddle Dee's inclusion.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
And also guys, if you have a cool Bandana Dee Signature Icon, please post it here and I will add it to the OP
well I found this one rooming around the internet.

Edit: huh also digging around in my files I found an old photoshoped picture I did,
its a bit old compared to other stuff I do. and it also doesn't represent bandana specifically but more like the entire group
here it is if anyone is curious, but brace yourself mates its not very well done

untitled.png

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
And also the quote on the website: Unlike his fellow Waddle Dees, Bandana Dee likes to help his pal Kirby.
Clearly differentiates him from the rest of his species.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys, I noticed a lot of you still use this Signature Icon:

No offense @ FalKoopa FalKoopa , you're awesome :D , but this Icon says "Bandana Dee=Generic Waddle Dee", at least that's what I think :c , so...please feel free to use other Signature Icons, they are in the OP.
You hurt me. :c

/jk I'll update that signature icon. Likely today itself.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There is one thing thing though. I don't think we have any confirmation on what his name is in the english version of Triple Deluxe While I personally don't have any hopes it would change, it would be cool. Hal does love fanservice.
Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 9.14.11 PM.png

Well. I should've had more faith in fan-service loving Hal. I don't know why I didn't expect this. I did play Mass Attack after all.

I should take the time to remind people that Bandana Dee was a fanon name. Also that Waddle Dees don't get shorten nicknames. They are usually Spear Waddle Dee, Parasol Waddle Dee, etc.

This is fan-service. Hal cares. I know they will never read this. But thank you Hal. Thank you for caring for your fans. :)

Man. Bandana Dee is an official name now...I can't get over it. This is so exciting! :3

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I want both Metaknight and BWD, Kirby deserves 4 slots in my mind. Bandana Dee was silly at first but he's grown on me over time, would make me scream in off key Symphonies if he's not included.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
View attachment 12785

Well. I should've had more faith in fan-service loving Hal. I don't know why I didn't expect this. I did play Mass Attack after all.

I should take the time to remind people that Bandana Dee was a fanon name. Also that Waddle Dees don't get shorten nicknames. They are usually Spear Waddle Dee, Parasol Waddle Dee, etc.

This is fan-service. Hal cares. I know they will never read this. But thank you Hal. Thank you for caring for your fans. :)

Man. Bandana Dee is an official name now...I can't get over it. This is so exciting! :3
Wait a moment!
It says Bandana Dee! it's even better than Bandana Waddle Dee! :colorful:

I want both Metaknight and BWD, Kirby deserves 4 slots in my mind. Bandana Dee was silly at first but he's grown on me over time, would make me scream in off key Symphonies if he's not included.
Great King!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, well, well... that certainly bodes well. It's interesting they say Kirby's his "pal".

Neo Zero

I hope people dont take this the wrong way, but I want Bandana Dee to be our joke character. Not one like say Dan who's built just to be bad, but one with a funny moveset, like Teddie from Persona. As said, Kirby absolutely does deserve4 characters, and while Waddle Dee isn't quite at Goomba levels of fame, Bandana Dee is the champion of the common grunt, something Sm4sh needs (no R.O.B. does not count)

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Well this is unexpected. Looks like the officially named Bandanna Dee's chances have risen.:grin:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So is it time for a new title rename? This is certainly great news for supporters.

Something along the lines of "Bandana Dee Has an Official Name!" should work. :3

Top Bottom