• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Toad isn't deconfirmed 4sho though. Let's say you were in the game's audience, watching a battle of Peach VS Zelda.
Peach brings out Toad, while you look around confused. There's a Toad right by you.... Isn't he in the battle? Why is he still in the audience?
Toad itself is a species of multiple look-a-likes, so you could be sitting by a Toad that looks like the one Peach uses.
Honestly, I still sorta kinda maybe expect Toad for a hidden 6th rep.
*on topic*
I really don't think that a W.Dee or Toad being a move lowers their chances. They're a species. Using that as an argument makes no sense IMHO.
But... if bandana dee was a move that would deconfirm him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's the problem though: most of the Toad fans have already succumbed to pessimism about Toad ever getting in. period. and people are impossible to budge when they are THAT pessimistic, Char.

If I had to choose someone I'd like in who'd never make it no matter what, it'd probably be Umbreon, Charmeleon, Piplup, Deku/Zora/Goron Link from MM, the Melee veterans including Pichu, and probably some others I can't think of right now, Char. though I am glad to see a sort-of optimist for once. way to much pessimism lately. plus I've been dealing with Pichu haters and trolls. not fun, Char.

If I could be in the game, even as a spectator of these awesome fighters, I would love every milisecond of it. literaly.
True, true, but that's them TBH. I know that A LOT of Rosaluma fans gave up on her, but surprise! Sakurai has actually hinted a TEEENY TINY bit, WAY less than the hints at Ridley, but a bit more than the hints at a Pokemon Rep. I'm not going to give up my most wanted newcomer being in ever, because either way, when we find out our newcomer got in or not, there's going to be tears, y'know? cx.

MAYBE. But if Sakurai put up a sneaky comment such as...
"His moves might be refreshed later", then he might not be deconfirmed.
Plus, I'm not sure if Sakurai would deliberately put Bandana Dee as a move. Sakurai isn't that harsh. He keeps Toad, yes, but there are multiple of the Red-Cap-Blue-Vest Toads. That's another reason I don't get Toad fans. Order of reveals DOES NOT matter. Toad could've easily been coded before Mario but be hidden until like October or something. Revealing one character, letting the fans know they're in, doesn't deconfirm another. That's just silly. o 3o

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
True, true, but that's them TBH. I know that A LOT of Rosaluma fans gave up on her, but surprise! Sakurai has actually hinted a TEEENY TINY bit, WAY less than the hints at Ridley, but a bit more than the hints at a Pokemon Rep. I'm not going to give up my most wanted newcomer being in ever, because either way, when we find out our newcomer got in or not, there's going to be tears, y'know? cx.

MAYBE. But if Sakurai put up a sneaky comment such as...
"His moves might be refreshed later", then he might not be deconfirmed.
Plus, I'm not sure if Sakurai would deliberately put Bandana Dee as a move. Sakurai isn't that harsh. He keeps Toad, yes, but there are multiple of the Red-Cap-Blue-Vest Toads. That's another reason I don't get Toad fans. Order of reveals DOES NOT matter. Toad could've easily been coded before Mario but be hidden until like October or something. Revealing one character, letting the fans know they're in, doesn't deconfirm another. That's just silly. o 3o
Yeah, I guess it was kinda WAAong to assume that Sakurai wasn't that harsh, right? Right?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeah, I guess it was kinda WAAong to assume that Sakurai wasn't that harsh, right? Right?
Yup. Even with that Toad picture on Dec.18th, I'm pretty sure it's because of how scared Toad looks when he gets used in battle, cx.
And with that Waluigi picture, he was referencing to the character, etc.
I think that it's safe to say that he won't actually try to deconfirm a newcomer.

Maikou

Smash Ace
one highly doubteth that Bandana Dee shalt becometh a move for his treacherous king. Char.
Translation: Bandana Dee will not become one of Dedede's moves. period. Char.
By the way, in your signature, about Excitebike Racer.....put it blunty, he almost made it into Melee but Sakurai couldn't make him believably jump properly, so the Ice Climbers became the NES rep for Melee. just thought I'd let you know after seeing that :D

Speaking of the Ice Climbers, I can pretty much garentee they are back as well. that epic modern remix...Char.
Yup. Even with that Toad picture on Dec.18th, I'm pretty sure it's because of how scared Toad looks when he gets used in battle, cx.
And with that Waluigi picture, he was referencing to the character, etc.
I think that it's safe to say that he won't actually try to deconfirm a newcomer.
Agreed 100%.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
one highly doubteth that Bandana Dee shalt becometh a move for his treacherous king. Char.
Translation: Bandana Dee will not become one of Dedede's moves. period. Char.
By the way, in your signature, about Excitebike Racer.....put it blunty, he almost made it into Melee but Sakurai couldn't make him believably jump properly, so the Ice Climbers became the NES rep for Melee. just thought I'd let you know after seeing that :D

Speaking of the Ice Climbers, I can pretty much garentee they are back as well. that epic modern remix...Char.

Agreed 100%.
Are you such a fan of Charmeleon that you add Char after all your sentences? xD
Anyways, I'm pretty sure Toad is dead. Of course, there's still a chance that he could be replaced with Toadstool if he goes into battle.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Anyways, I'm pretty sure Toad is dead. Of course, there's still a chance that he could be replaced with Toadstool if he goes into battle.
I'm pretty sure that he isn't, TBH. Reveals don't matter for the most part. Villager could had been programmed even before Mario, who knows?
He still has a pretty fair and decent chance. Considering how Peach's moves are "subject to change", and we haven't seen her in footage, his chances are fine. IMHO though it's not really too nice to look down at his chances when, y'know, one of his supporters is here, xD.
cx

Maikou

Smash Ace
I think you mean Toadsworth. Toadstool is Peach's old name. and I don't put Char after ALL my sentences. besides, I like Dragons and fire-breathing lizards that aren't ugly. in fact Charmeleon is freaking adorable compared to some of the "Fierce rampaging beasts" I've seen in my life. People seriously need to stop their stupid "reptiles are evil" gag they've got running. it's so annoying and it's a stereotype now. past even Cliche and Overused. not enough GOOD GUY Dragons and Wolves. Char.

I love dragons, dinos, adorable electic mice, etc. Char.
....Shutupdontjudgeme.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I think you mean Toadsworth. Toadstool is Peach's old name. and I don't put Char after ALL my sentences. besides, I like Dragons and fire-breathing lizards that aren't ugly. in fact Charmeleon is freaking adorable compared to some of the "Fierce rampaging beasts" I've seen in my life. People seriously need to stop their stupid "reptiles are evil" gag they've got running. it's so annoying and it's a stereotype now. past even Cliche and Overused. not enough GOOD GUY Dragons and Wolves. Char.

I love dragons, dinos, adorable electic mice, etc. Char.
....Shutupdontjudgeme.
Lol yeah, I get the 2 names mixed up -.- Anyways, why do you think Kirby was flying to that planet before being knocked down to Rainbow Road? I think it's probably because he was delivering the Smash letter, but whatever.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that he isn't, TBH. Reveals don't matter for the most part. Villager could had been programmed even before Mario, who knows?
He still has a pretty fair and decent chance. Considering how Peach's moves are "subject to change", and we haven't seen her in footage, his chances are fine. IMHO though it's not really too nice to look down at his chances when, y'know, one of his supporters is here, xD.
cx
Her moveset for now is set, at least for Toad... there are already a ton of screenies showing it, so it wouldn't make sense to revert it. Also, his chances are HORRID. You're ignoring the fact that only a few Toads attually matter, just like Pikachu and Yoshi. So far, the important Blue and Yellow ones are confirmed to be in the Starshrooms, the bodyguard toad is in Peach's Dress, so the only actual one left is Captain Toad and Toadsworth, which is a significant decrease in chances.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Just something I found on Miiverse.:p

You know, our support for Waddle Dee has overshadowed another Dedede sidekick.:smirk:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I already knew that. I wouldn't have ever supported him if it weren't for knowing that. I generally only support a character that has at least a small chance to get in smash, and that gives him a chance. (at least a better one than his rival, Mach Rider)

Maikou

Smash Ace
I already knew that. I wouldn't have ever supported him if it weren't for knowing that. I generally only support a character that has at least a small chance to get in smash, and that gives him a chance. (at least a better one than his rival, Mach Rider)
I don't even really know who Mach Rider is. I do know he has some awesome racing music though. (Melee + Big Blue + L & R=EPIC)
Char.
Just something I found on Miiverse.:p

You know, our support for Waddle Dee has overshadowed another Dedede sidekick.:smirk:
As much as I love Kirby right back at ya, I don't think Escargoon could really work. plus 4kids is hated by the overall fanbase so I don't think many people will support him enough. besides....Bandanas and Spears are cool. just like bow-ties.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Her moveset for now is set, at least for Toad... there are already a ton of screenies showing it, so it wouldn't make sense to revert it. Also, his chances are HORRID. You're ignoring the fact that only a few Toads attually matter, just like Pikachu and Yoshi. So far, the important Blue and Yellow ones are confirmed to be in the Starshrooms, the bodyguard toad is in Peach's Dress, so the only actual one left is Captain Toad and Toadsworth, which is a significant decrease in chances.
No, his chances are fine, because we can't choose if they make him or not. Sakurai has given him a tinytidbit hint. You're ignoring the fact that Toad is a species. So far, you can be FOUR Peaches and pull out FOUR Toads. There's more than one Toad with Red Cap-Blue-Vest, and we don't even know if they'll change her B move.
The actual one left is Toad, and NOT Toadsworth or Captain Toad, because Toad actually still has a chance. How do we know her moveset is set? How do we know it doesn't change Toad? Oh right, we don't. You shouldn't just come up in here dissing someone's newcomer, how'd you like it if we just exclaimed "OH YEAH __________ HAS NO CHANCE!"? Toad is fine because there is more than one of him. You can NOT just say just because RedCap BlueVest Toad is in already as a move that he can't be a character. There was a lot of screenies for the boxing ring, but guess what? It changed. Adding a mustache, changing a cap, and adding a full shirtish vest isn't all that hard.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
No, his chances are fine, because we can't choose if they make him or not. Sakurai has given him a tinytidbit hint. You're ignoring the fact that Toad is a species. So far, you can be FOUR Peaches and pull out FOUR Toads. There's more than one Toad with Red Cap-Blue-Vest, and we don't even know if they'll change her B move.
The actual one left is Toad, and NOT Toadsworth or Captain Toad, because Toad actually still has a chance. How do we know her moveset is set? How do we know it doesn't change Toad? Oh right, we don't. You shouldn't just come up in here dissing someone's newcomer, how'd you like it if we just exclaimed "OH YEAH __________ HAS NO CHANCE!"? Toad is fine because there is more than one of him. You can NOT just say just because RedCap BlueVest Toad is in already as a move that he can't be a character. There was a lot of screenies for the boxing ring, but guess what? It changed. Adding a mustache, changing a cap, and adding a full shirtish vest isn't all that hard.
Dude... The boxing ring didn't change it is now confirmed that there are two versions. And I don't know about him, but I don't care if people say that Chrom, King K. Rool, or even Bandana Dee has no chance.
EDIT: Oh, yea... Toad has no chance :troll:

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Dude... The boxing ring didn't change it is now confirmed that there are two versions. And I don't know about him, but I don't care if people say that Chrom, King K. Rool, or even Bandana Dee has no chance.
Are you trying to commit suicide by trolling, Char? trolling someone who likes a character like Toad will only be bad for you, Char. if I could physically move through the interwebs and emerge from someone else's computer, I'd have done so. and then there would be a police investigation due to.....mysterious disappearances.
and that's being lighthearted about it, Char.
meheheheheheh.....
meheheheh...
meheheheheheheheheheh...........AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M TURNING INTO CROAGUNK!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I always liked Gardevoir myself. Not sure it'd be the best fit, but probably one of the better ones. On the Pokemon note that is.

And I don't think Bandanna Dee has poor odds. May not be the best, but I think there a lot higher, and feel like they get higher with the focus on moves outside of the Waddle Dee toss. Not sure when would be a good time to reveal him though. Since it'd be April or June, presuming Nintendo Directs continue to be the thing. If nothing happens involving Bandanna Dee on Triple Deluxe's release date, going to say we're probably safe.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It changed still. There's two versions, we only saw one. Has the ability to switch between a.k.a CHANGE. He kept the Punch Out one undercover so we wouldn't know L.Mac is in. He might be keeping Toadsworth undercover so we wouldn't know Toad is in.
EDIT:Toad has a chance. You can't decide if he does or not. His chances are equal to being picked for Smash 4, because the developers ARE NOT like "ew thats 2 much mario!!!11"

Last edited:

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
It changed still. There's two versions, we only saw one. Has the ability to switch between a.k.a CHANGE. He kept the Punch Out one undercover so we wouldn't know L.Mac is in. He might be keeping Toadsworth undercover so we wouldn't know Toad is in.
EDIT:Toad has a chance. You can't decide if he does or not. His chances are equal to being picked for Smash 4, because the developers ARE NOT like "ew thats 2 much mario!!!11"
1. I mentioned that possibility in my post.
2. Even still that is a significant decrease, no matter what you say. That's 2 Toads so far we've seen that aren't playable characters, which has hit pretty hard on his chances. If we do see a screenshot of Toadstool in the game as Peach's B, then Toad is pretty much confirmed.
We need to get on topic though, as this IS the Bandana Dee discussion.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
To bring things back to topic. Is there any story behind Bandana Dee's appearance? Like where he got the Bandana, Spear, and why he's a slightly different color?

Until I see some sort of official story behind his stuff, I'm going to assume he was the Sailor Waddle Dee that was on Meta Knight's ship. When it crashed, he had to feed off of animals in the water for a while and/or was stranded on an island. So he got used to using spears.

Yes.. I know he looks the way he does because the waddles use Spears in the anime, and the waddle helper was the same color in superstar. While bandanas seem to just go well with spears, but I like some pointless story behind it. Just like the pointless story behind the galaxia. =)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Bandana Dee and Sailor Dee aren't the same person. They appeared together in Mass Attack. But there's a popular fan theory that Bandana Dee was the Waddle Dee in 64, minus the bandana and spear.

There isn't much of a back story for him. Super Star Ultra revealed that he was Dedede's #2 for some reason, and Return to Dreamland went with that.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee and Sailor Dee aren't the same person. They appeared together in Mass Attack. But there's a popular fan theory that Bandana Dee was the Waddle Dee in 64, minus the bandana and spear.

There isn't much of a back story for him. Super Star Ultra revealed that he was Dedede's #2 for some reason, and Return to Dreamland went with that.
And at the same time, we also know NOTHING of his age. period. at least we know Kirby is a child, Dedede and Meta Knight are adults, and basically most of the Kirby Cast is also adults, yet we know nothing of Bandana Dee's age. it makes no sense, Char. I know we're never given an official age, but still. I'd like to know what a character's general age group is at least. Child, Teen, or Adult?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
To bring things back to topic. Is there any story behind Bandana Dee's appearance? Like where he got the Bandana, Spear, and why he's a slightly different color?

Until I see some sort of official story behind his stuff, I'm going to assume he was the Sailor Waddle Dee that was on Meta Knight's ship. When it crashed, he had to feed off of animals in the water for a while and/or was stranded on an island. So he got used to using spears.

Yes.. I know he looks the way he does because the waddles use Spears in the anime, and the waddle helper was the same color in superstar. While bandanas seem to just go well with spears, but I like some pointless story behind it. Just like the pointless story behind the galaxia. =)

I don't know why Bandana Dee is helping Meta Knight XD

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
what

age is a non existing thing in kirby, it doesn't matter and i don't think anyone would care at all

if he's added to smash i'd doubt anyone would be like oh that's cool wonder what's age he is

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
what

age is a non existing thing in kirby, it doesn't matter and i don't think anyone would care at all

if he's added to smash i'd doubt anyone would be like oh that's cool wonder what's age he is
Well I guess I'm just the only person who prefers a child hero over a freaking adult hero. Maybe no one else cares but I'd like to at least have some clue of how old the character I'm playing as is. I know age isn't the first thing that comes to mind for anyone, but still.

Char.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Just read a supposed leak where Waddle Dee is in, but apparently rides a Warp Star as a recovery.

The Waddle Dee with a headband. (Very similar to Little Mac but no the same moveset, just a close range playstyle. Funny character. Up B is riding a warp star in a whatever direction you point until the star "disintegrates" into tiny stars

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm calling BS, though. Waddle Copter is his signature move.
Agreed. I've never heard of "Headband Dee" and I know Sakurai wouldn't just make one up on the spot. and why would a Waddle Dee be a Little Mac clone in the first place? it-a-make-a-no-sense-a. Char.

definitely fake. doesn't even look like the person wanted it to seem real. if ANYONE were to ride a Warp Star fro recovery, it'd be Kirby, but even he prefers an attack move over JUST a recovery. not to mention complete and total English Failure.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well I guess I'm just the only person who prefers a child hero over a freaking adult hero. Maybe no one else cares but I'd like to at least have some clue of how old the character I'm playing as is. I know age isn't the first thing that comes to mind for anyone, but still.

Char.
The target audience for kirby are the new gamers (kids), so Kirby should be a child.

Makes sense considering DDD, a childish and selfish king (adult), its more funny if kirby is a kid, also MK.
Bandana should be around his age, and ado/adeleine "the big sis" looks like a teenager or something, making kirby younger than her.

He is not a baby btw
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091102001143/videojuego/images/e/ef/KidKirby.jpg

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, Bandanna Dee is probably the "Headband" Dee. If someone doesn't know Kirby really, it may just look like a headband to them... or some such. Not sure.

And I consider Kirby to be a kid. I think Bandanna Dee is probably around the same age. Oddly, I don't see Meta Knight as an adult though, despite usually knowing more about him.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Well, Bandanna Dee is probably the "Headband" Dee. If someone doesn't know Kirby really, it may just look like a headband to them... or some such. Not sure.

And I consider Kirby to be a kid. I think Bandanna Dee is probably around the same age. Oddly, I don't see Meta Knight as an adult though, despite usually knowing more about him.
how can one possibly consider Meta Knight to NOT be an adult, Char? could you possibly explain your reasoning? nothing wrong with it, just wierd to me, Char.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Inb4 Meta Knight is Kirby's father. (NOOOO! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!)

He goes around helping and beating up Kirby to make sure he is prepared for future challenges. He later just stays around where Kirby is to make sure he stays safe and see how powerful Kirby has become. :bubblebobble:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight comes off as the rival character of sorts. They get along and support each other, but he doesn't feel as much like a mentor. Not sure how to word it.

Don't get me wrong, I get why people think of him that way, but when I think of his relationship with Kirby, it almost feels like a Nanoha/Fate thing or some such.

D

Deleted member

I feel as though that Meta Knight is a rival to Kirby and would often fight him to test him or to prevent something from happening (such as Dark Mind being released and protecting a Star Rod piece to prevent Nightmare's return).

I never found Meta Knight to be evil. While he did attack Dream Land with the Halberd to end their "lazy lifestyles" (great motive), he doesn't seem like a bad guy as he has protected Dream Land from harm. I view King Dedede has a rival and as an anti-hero rather than a villain.

Top Bottom